PDA

View Full Version : What 4 Bowe?

bradye06
10-18-2012, 09:07 AM
If you were trading Bowe what would you want for him???

LlamaNinja
10-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Two 2nd round picks. He is gone from KC after this year so it might be a harder deal to work that out but at least one 2nd round pick.

OPLookn
10-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Two 2nd round picks. He is gone from KC after this year so it might be a harder deal to work that out but at least one 2nd round pick.

I would fall over dead if we got two 2nd rounder for Bowe. He's under contract for 10 games. I'd say a 3rd and a 6th...maybe a 5th.

Our comp pick for Bowe would be a 3rd/4th anyway so we move up a bit and would get a 6th round pick. While I like Bowe and think he's a good WR I'd say it's close to this analogy. You go into a car dealership trying to sell your 2010 car. You've lost your job and can't make the payments. They know this and you're wanting fair money. They're going to say no because they can just wait til you don't have the car (Bowe finishes the season) and then go get the car for pennies on the dollar (no draft picks).

If I'm not mistaken Bowe is from the Miami area or just really likes Florida (Miami area). He'd probably strongly consider a contract from them if he finishes this year and we don't tag him anyway.

Ryfo18
10-18-2012, 11:55 AM
I would fall over dead if we got two 2nd rounder for Bowe. He's under contract for 10 games. I'd say a 3rd and a 6th...maybe a 5th.

Our comp pick for Bowe would be a 3rd/4th anyway so we move up a bit and would get a 6th round pick. While I like Bowe and think he's a good WR I'd say it's close to this analogy. You go into a car dealership trying to sell your 2010 car. You've lost your job and can't make the payments. They know this and you're wanting fair money. They're going to say no because they can just wait til you don't have the car (Bowe finishes the season) and then go get the car for pennies on the dollar (no draft picks).

If I'm not mistaken Bowe is from the Miami area or just really likes Florida (Miami area). He'd probably strongly consider a contract from them if he finishes this year and we don't tag him anyway.

If that's the case, I'd rather Franchise him again.

OPLookn
10-18-2012, 11:56 AM
If that's the case, I'd rather Franchise him again.

And if I was Pioli that's exactly what I'd tell the Dolphins too. If we don't get at least a second because you're undervaluing him I'll tag him again.

Bike
10-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Trade Bowe, Berry, Moeaki, Cassel, Quinn, Routt, Hillis, Baldwin, Crennel, Dabol, Dorsey, Pioli, and Jackson to Green Bay for Rodgers.

reded
10-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Trade Bowe, Berry, Moeaki, Cassel, Quinn, Routt, Hillis, Baldwin, Crennel, Dabol, Dorsey, Pioli, and Jackson to Green Bay for Rodgers.

As stupid as that sounds, our record could only get worse by one win if it did happen.

No way Green bay would go for it anyway. Why would they want the worst coordinators and HC in the league?

Bike
10-18-2012, 12:39 PM
As stupid as that sounds, our record could only get worse by one win if it did happen.

No way Green bay would go for it anyway. Why would they want the worst coordinators and HC in the league?
LOL! I'm one frustrated fan....

doobs_05
10-18-2012, 01:12 PM
I was talking with some friends and someone said " could you imagine Larry Fitzgerald and Dwayne Bowe on teams that had QB that could throw great passes to them" but back to the topic....i would want a first but that's not happening...i don't think anyone will give up a 2nd for him either.

LargoChief
10-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Doobs.....great pic! I wanna go to the beach!

SIC J
10-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Really? Bowe is 10th in receptions and 16th in yards for WRs on possibly the worst team in the NFL with the worst QB situation.

You all feel Fitzgerald is one of the best WRs in the NFL and his numbers are VERY similar to Bowe's and a very similar QB situation.

Stop being biased cuz you don't like him as a person and look at him as a player. He is doing VERY GOOD with his team situation. I could only imagine what he would do with Brady or Rodgers throwing him the ball!

Lord-Chiefy
10-18-2012, 04:07 PM
We wort get anything fi r bowe. He's a free agent.

jap1
10-18-2012, 04:10 PM
I wonder if another team would take a conditional deal. Like we get a 3rd round pick for just the trade. If he gets 600 yards and 6 TDs, it moves to a 2nd round pick. If he gets 1000 yds and/or 10 TDs, it becomes a 1st round pick.

You think anyone would take that deal?

Hayvern
10-18-2012, 04:16 PM
A team that is short a receiver and is in the Superbowl hunt would consider giving up a second, most likely that team would be giving up a late second anyway. A team in rebuilding mode like the Dolphins are not going to do that though, they need that pick more than they need a receiver.

Green Bay is probably not interested, but New England? Maybe, the Jets? Very possible, Houston, they might have some interest.

Not much else is out there though.

Ryfo18
10-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Really? Bowe is 10th in receptions and 16th in yards for WRs on possibly the worst team in the NFL with the worst QB situation.

You all feel Fitzgerald is one of the best WRs in the NFL and his numbers are VERY similar to Bowe's and a very similar QB situation.

Stop being biased cuz you don't like him as a person and look at him as a player. He is doing VERY GOOD with his team situation. I could only imagine what he would do with Brady or Rodgers throwing him the ball!

:postpimp4ib:

OPLookn
10-18-2012, 04:53 PM
A team that is short a receiver and is in the Superbowl hunt would consider giving up a second, most likely that team would be giving up a late second anyway. A team in rebuilding mode like the Dolphins are not going to do that though, they need that pick more than they need a receiver.

Green Bay is probably not interested, but New England? Maybe, the Jets? Very possible, Houston, they might have some interest.

Not much else is out there though.

I'm going to have to disgree with that statement. When you use a 2nd on a player you hope he becomes a usable player. Bowe is already a proven player and giving up a 2nd for someone that is already developed isn't out of the question. So long as Pioli can make Miami believe he'd tag Bowe again instead of letting him go.

LlamaNinja
10-18-2012, 05:01 PM

Larry Fitzgerald 2011-12 Highlights | HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0WN9sepc3g)
Watch the guy play mute the music if you wish.

Hayvern
10-18-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm going to have to disgree with that statement. When you use a 2nd on a player you hope he becomes a usable player. Bowe is already a proven player and giving up a 2nd for someone that is already developed isn't out of the question. So long as Pioli can make Miami believe he'd tag Bowe again instead of letting him go.

Yes, and that only applies as if Miami accepts that they are going to also have to Franchise or pay Bowe a considerable amount of money. We seem to overlook that point pretty easily. Miami I doubt will take Bowe unless they feel that a contract is approved and ready to be signed at the end of the season, or they too are going to be willing to Franchise.

I am not familiar with Miami's situation, but they may already have a player they are going to have to franchise and whatever they would do to get Bowe in there would have to be done before the trade was done.

That kind of uncertainty in giving up a 2nd round pick for a player that is potentially a free agent and may walk at the end of the season is just not going to happen, no matter how good that player is.

nigeriannightmare
10-18-2012, 05:33 PM
If we do lose bowe do we get a compensatory pick like we will this year for brandon carr.....

Eydugstr
10-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Have to agree with Hayvern on this one...It would take one incredible sales pitch to convince any team to let loose with a second round draft pick for a reciever that's at the end of his contract. Especially after the signing fiasco last year, and all the dropped passes.

If I was a GM interested in Bowe, I'd wait the whole thing out until next March before trying to make an offer.

Has an NFL player ever gotten a back to back franchise tag? If I was going to try and trade anybody...It'd be McCluster.

LlamaNinja
10-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Yes, and that only applies as if Miami accepts that they are going to also have to Franchise or pay Bowe a considerable amount of money. We seem to overlook that point pretty easily. Miami I doubt will take Bowe unless they feel that a contract is approved and ready to be signed at the end of the season, or they too are going to be willing to Franchise.

I am not familiar with Miami's situation, but they may already have a player they are going to have to franchise and whatever they would do to get Bowe in there would have to be done before the trade was done.

That kind of uncertainty in giving up a 2nd round pick for a player that is potentially a free agent and may walk at the end of the season is just not going to happen, no matter how good that player is.
Miami has 1st round, 2 2nd round, and 2 3rd round picks so I think they might be interested. Throw in they are tied for division lead and their star WR was traded for a replacement that ended up not working out. I think they didnt really want a WR but knowing they are in the run for the playoffs and none of their WR's have shown up I dont think it is a stretch. The legit trade to me would be a 3rd rounder or 2nd(conditional) which is more than what we would get because I am pretty sure the supplement picks are at the end of the round.

doobs_05
10-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Doobs.....great pic! I wanna go to the beach!

I found out her name yesterday...and now i forgot, but when i first used this picture....It was a rumor this was Tebow's girlfriend during his junior or senior year at UF

OPLookn
10-19-2012, 10:41 AM
If we do lose bowe do we get a compensatory pick like we will this year for brandon carr.....

We'd get a comp pick in 2014. There's a big huge complicated formula that the NFL doesn't release to determine comp picks. Everyone I talk to pretty much assumes we'll get a 3rd this year because Carr and several others left last year.

The comp pick has several factors that go into it. Part of it is players who's contracts are up that leave to other teams. If they're released by the team and picked up it doesn't count (so Winston, Routt and Hillis don't count). Carr, McClain and Battle do.

I'm unsure if a player is franchised if that means more but when Bowe leaves he'll easily get an $80 - $100 million contract which will offset almost anything we do in free agency. So we'll probably get a 3rd in 2014 too.

#58ChiefsFan
10-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Is there a better "source" for this Bowe wants out of KC other than a tweet from some journalist from Florida?

Seek
10-19-2012, 05:44 PM
The question I have with Bowe, is do we want to Franchise him again and possibly let Brandon Albert go or Franchise Albert.

jap1
10-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Miami has 1st round, 2 2nd round, and 2 3rd round picks so I think they might be interested. Throw in they are tied for division lead and their star WR was traded for a replacement that ended up not working out. I think they didnt really want a WR but knowing they are in the run for the playoffs and none of their WR's have shown up I dont think it is a stretch. The legit trade to me would be a 3rd rounder or 2nd(conditional) which is more than what we would get because I am pretty sure the supplement picks are at the end of the round.

I agree the only way a trade will happen is if it is a conditional trade that is a 3rd rounder that becomes a 2nd if he gets certain stats.

jap1
10-28-2012, 04:26 AM
Sorry to bring this back to life. But Tuesday is the deadline. Here is Bill Williamson's take on trading Bowe. I dont think we would get as much as he is saying we will get.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/50198/should-chiefs-trade-dwayne-bowe

AussieChiefsFan
10-28-2012, 06:06 AM
Woudnt be happy with anything less than a 2nd rounder.

KristofLaw
10-29-2012, 04:22 AM
doobs avatar is of Erin (http://bumpshack.com/2009/07/09/tim-tebow%E2%80%99s-busty-hot-girlfriend-erin-drewes-photos/) Drewes (http://coedmagazine.com/2012/01/13/tim-tebow-girlfriend-erin-drewes-pictures/).

AussieChiefsFan
10-29-2012, 05:19 AM
doobs avatar is of Erin (http://bumpshack.com/2009/07/09/tim-tebow%E2%80%99s-busty-hot-girlfriend-erin-drewes-photos/) Drewes (http://coedmagazine.com/2012/01/13/tim-tebow-girlfriend-erin-drewes-pictures/).

Oh that tim tebow.

doobs_05
10-29-2012, 01:01 PM

Thank You for that, also in this picture she's hanging out with another girl who is rocking a NSFW attire (no top, someone posted a gallery of pics of Erin Drewes and the other girl at the beach)

raiderhater79
10-30-2012, 03:27 AM

a Klondike bar