PDA

View Full Version : Quinn to start versus Oakland

Ryfo18
10-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Adam Teicher is reporting that Quinn will start this week versus Oakland...Talk about a lose/lose situation (meaning, doesn't matter who was announced as starter).

Source: https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/260436965827149824

Tom A Hawk
10-22-2012, 02:13 PM
The Cassel era has ended.
All that means is Quinn will be the new guy to boo while the head coach continues to lead them to doom.

fairladyZ
10-22-2012, 02:16 PM
ya i don't like it... I still think this team had a shot at winning the division but not with quinn.

Only thing this tells me is they are going to mix it up and see what their backups have and the decision has probably been made to draft a QB this spring. Now need to see if brady can be a viable backup to sign him as one since i doubt cassel will want a paycut to stay a backup. But i'm sure this means cassel's days are done here which will make alot of fans happy i'm sure

LlamaNinja
10-22-2012, 02:25 PM
ya i don't like it... I still think this team had a shot at winning the division but not with quinn.

Only thing this tells me is they are going to mix it up and see what their backups have and the decision has probably been made to draft a QB this spring. Now need to see if brady can be a viable backup to sign him as one since i doubt cassel will want a paycut to stay a backup. But i'm sure this means cassel's days are done here which will make alot of fans happy i'm sure
What is better though a paycut or not getting paid at all? I dont really see him becoming an announcer... unless he is trying to become an actor

doobs_05
10-22-2012, 03:15 PM
I can't see the video but i hope that's the K-Swiss commercial, because that video is hilarious. Also, it doesn't matter who our QB is, our D can't play, our WR can't catch....but we'll see what happens

matthewschiefs
10-22-2012, 03:27 PM
I am looking forward to see what Quinn can do now with a little rust off and hopefully a REAL gameplan not run run run even when the run isn't working that we saw against Tampa Lets see what it brings

Bortnem
10-22-2012, 03:33 PM
I am looking forward to see what Quinn can do now with a little rust off and hopefully a REAL gameplan not run run run even when the run isn't working that we saw against Tampa Lets see what it brings

I completely agree. We need to save Jamaal and not rush him 300 times this year. Lets see what Quinn can do with the team that has plenty of weapons and if he fails, give Stanzi a shot. Probably going to draft a QB next spring anyway, might as well have see how the remaining two on our roster can play.

Yoda
10-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Don't shocked to see Quinn lighting up the Raiders secondary. The Rauders DB field is a disaster.

Ryfo18
10-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Don't shocked to see Quinn lighting up the Raiders secondary. The Rauders DB field is a disaster.

We're talking about Brady Quinn...He can't throw a pass 10 yards down the field. His career yards per attempt is 5.4.

Yoda
10-22-2012, 03:52 PM
We're talking about Brady Quinn...He can't throw a pass 10 yards down the field. His career yards per attempt is 5.4.

That's how bad the DB situation is for the Raiders. Quinn could light them up! SMH...

matthewschiefs
10-22-2012, 04:13 PM

Once again you just look at the blind numbers. He had 1 start with us and the rest with Cleveland name me the last time Cleveland was any good? Give the guy a chance

Sick Dog
10-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Well he has got it now...but in the end the Chiefs will be drafting a QB...at this point hopefully they finish low enough to get the QB they want and they don't have to give picks away to get it...the season is over I hope they don't win enough games to have to trade up.

matthewschiefs
10-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Well he has got it now...but in the end the Chiefs will be drafting a QB...at this point hopefully they finish low enough to get the QB they want and they don't have to give picks away to get it...the season is over I hope they don't win enough games to have to trade up.

You want to lose to take a gamble on a rookie QB instead of hoping that Maybe that Brady can be a good qb for us and we can address other needs? Like CB?

Ryfo18
10-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Once again you just look at the blind numbers. He had 1 start with us and the rest with Cleveland name me the last time Cleveland was any good? Give the guy a chance

Yet KC has decided to take all of their rejects. (RAC, Hillis, Crennel, Daboll, Quinn)

Once again you just look like a homer. Watch the guy play, evaluate his play, not just "hope" he pulls a rabbit out of a hat and does a disappearing act that makes him turn into Drew Brees. It's easy to see (like it was with Palko last year) that he has no future as a starting QB.

Brady Quinn has been in the league for 5 years. He has been a backup quarterback to Derek Anderson, Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, and now Matt Cassel. I look at things and evaluate them based on what I see, not what I hope them to be. In other words, I'm a realist.

matthewschiefs
10-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Yet KC has decided to take all of their rejects. (RAC, Hillis, Crennel, Daboll, Quinn)

Once again you just look like a homer. Watch the guy play, evalutate his play, not just "hope" he pulls a rabbit out of a hat and does a disappearing act that makes him turn into Drew Brees.

Ummm RAC and Crennel are the same person and he's more from the Pats then the Browns

So saying give a guy a chance is just being a homer now. I will watch how he plays. If he sucks I will have no problem saying so. Can you give the guy a fair shot? I'm not saying he's going to be good or great but I don't think it's impossible for that to happen. This will be his best shot that he has had so far. All I am saying is GIVE THE GUY A SHOT.

Ryfo18
10-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Ummm RAC and Crennel are the same person and he's more from the Pats then the Browns

So saying give a guy a chance is just being a homer now. I will watch how he plays. If he sucks I will have no problem saying so. Can you give the guy a fair shot? I'm not saying he's going to be good or great but I don't think it's impossible for that to happen. This will be his best shot that he has had so far. All I am saying is GIVE THE GUY A SHOT.

Yeah, RAC and Crennel...whoops.

I gave him a shot against the 31st ranked Bucs pass D that has given up 8.5 ypa and allowed opposing quarterbacks to complete 66% of their passes. And that's with Quinn's terrible stats factored in.

He was 22/38 (57.9%), 180 yards (4.74 ypa), and threw 2 picks (which were partially the wide receivers fault, but still poor passes).

matthewschiefs
10-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah, RAC and Crennel...whoops.

I gave him a shot against the 31st ranked Bucs pass D that has given up 8.5 ypa and allowed opposing quarterbacks to complete 66% of their passes. And that's with Quinn's terrible stats factored in.

He was 22/38 (57.9%), 180 yards (4.74 ypa), and threw 2 picks (which were partially the wide receivers fault, but still poor passes).

Quinn was making his first start in 3 years. There was bound to be some rust. Also his Number 1 WR seemed to take the day off only gaining 21 yards against that 31st ranked Bucs D. You can blame the QB if you want but to brush off poor play from Bowe and the other WRs and put it on the QB is not being a "realist" They had a part in that as well. Look at the plays the Bucs WRs did in that game. And look at what ours did. It's no contest there guys played harder. The piss poor gameplan on offense was also a factor. The run wasn't working at all we kept the run run pass punt for to long in that game. All those are factors that go into it.

I would love to say that if we just get a better QB all the problems would be solved. I would love to. But that's not the truth. A new QB won't help the defense on days they don't decide to show up. A new QB won't play CB. A new QB won't solve everything but if it's the right Qb it will no doubt be a help. I doubt that Brady Quinn's that guy but I will give him more then 1 start in 3 plus years to see.

Yes Quinn has been a backup to some lackluster Qbs but that doesn't mean he can't be good. You might remember a guy that use to play in KC named Rich Gannon. He was once a backup in Kc to Steve Bono and Elvis Grbac but he went on to be a NFL MVP. It's not likely for Quinn to do that same but It's possible. Lets just see what happens

Ryfo18
10-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Quinn was making his first start in 3 years. There was bound to be some rust. Also his Number 1 WR seemed to take the day off only gaining 21 yards against that 31st ranked Bucs D. You can blame the QB if you want but to brush off poor play from Bowe and the other WRs and put it on the QB is not being a "realist" They had a part in that as well. Look at the plays the Bucs WRs did in that game. And look at what ours did. It's no contest there guys played harder. The piss poor gameplan on offense was also a factor. The run wasn't working at all we kept the run run pass punt for to long in that game. All those are factors that go into it.

This again? Turn on the tape from the Bucs game. Quinn barely even looked down the field to the wide receivers. And when he did, he threw lame duck balls that were inaccurate. We've had this conversation before, Matt. Your logic does not compute.

Why did the Bucs wide receivers do well? Freeman threw the ball down the field.

Don't believe me? Here's Quinn's throw chart for the season. You can notice two things:

1.) He never throws the ball >10 yards down the field unless it's to the middle (hello Steve Maneri). He doesn't have the arm strength to throw it 10 yards down the outside of the field.
2.) His QB rating on throws 0-9 yards is still not good (as evidenced by several inaccurate short throws in the Bucs game).

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/RyFo18/quinn.png

Stop blaming the wide receivers for problems that stem from the quarterback. It's not that simple, Matt.

Just for reference, have a look at Freeman's chart this year. Do you not see a remarkable improvement in throws >10 yards?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/RyFo18/freeman.png

matthewschiefs
10-22-2012, 05:12 PM
This again? Turn on the tape from the Bucs game. Quinn barely even looked down the field to the wide receivers. And when he did, he threw lame duck balls that were inaccurate. We've had this conversation before, Matt. Your logic does not compute.

Why did the Bucs wide receivers do well? Freeman threw the ball down the field.

Don't believe me? Here's Quinn's throw chart for the season. You can notice two things:

1.) He never throws the ball >10 yards down the field unless it's to the middle (hello Steve Maneri). He doesn't have the arm strength to throw it 10 yards down the outside of the field.
2.) His QB rating on throws 0-9 yards is still not good (as evidenced by several inaccurate short throws in the Bucs game).

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/RyFo18/quinn.png

Stop blaming the wide receivers for problems that stem from the quarterback. It's not that simple, Matt.

Just for reference, have a look at Freeman's chart this year. Do you not see a remarkable improvement in throws >10 yards?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/RyFo18/freeman.png

So it's not that simple to say that the Wrs Are PART of the problem but it's so simple to say it's all the QB???????????????????????????????????????????????

Brady Quinn was PART of the problem I can admit that why can't you admit the WR play wasn't up to part on that day? The whole offense sucked against Tampa that's EVERYONE including the QB. But it's also the wrs rbs, O line, OC (see where I talked about the piss poor gameplan) And again there was bound to be some rust for Brady. You take a 3 year break from doing your job and come back I bet you will have to shake off a bit of Rust.

You're right the NFL is not simple. Don't try to make it out to be by putting it all on the QB. It's just not that simple.

#58ChiefsFan
10-22-2012, 05:55 PM
I'd be more excited if we kept Cassel and got a new OC.

Sick Dog
10-23-2012, 11:23 AM
You want to lose to take a gamble on a rookie QB instead of hoping that Maybe that Brady can be a good qb for us and we can address other needs? Like CB?

As stated here Quinn won't do a thing just stating the obvious...but I said now is his chance let's see...I am a Notre Dame fan (at least one of my football teams does not blow) so I would love to see him succeed!

drstandley31
10-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Don't you find it interesting that the only QB in the Cassel era that could challenge him for the starting spot was Orten, and they dumped him as quick as they could in the off season. Palko was the back up last year, the CFL reject. Now it's Quinn, who I hope really shines. But I don't think they ever expected him to, they didn't seem to want to push Cassel out of the top spot. Just weird.

chiefnut
10-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Don't you find it interesting that the only QB in the Cassel era that could challenge him for the starting spot was Orten, and they dumped him as quick as they could in the off season. Palko was the back up last year, the CFL reject. Now it's Quinn, who I hope really shines. But I don't think they ever expected him to, they didn't seem to want to push Cassel out of the top spot. Just weird.

when have the CHIEFS ever had a back up push the starter out of a job. Rich gannon would have been the closest but in the end he lost out.

drstandley31
10-23-2012, 10:16 PM
when have the CHIEFS ever had a back up push the starter out of a job. Rich gannon would have been the closest but in the end he lost out.
Hard to argue with.

Bike
10-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Doesn't really apply in this case. We got a backup pushing a backup out of a job.

AussieChiefsFan
10-25-2012, 06:27 PM
How long before stanzi or cassel get the start again.

rodu
10-25-2012, 07:23 PM

Palko wasn't even a CFL reject, never played, only was on a teams practice roster for a couple of weeks of playoffs

LlamaNinja
10-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Palko wasn't even a CFL reject, never played, only was on a teams practice roster for a couple of weeks of playoffs
Pioli is always looking for the next Brady or Warner... instead of a Dalton or RG3.

chiefnut
10-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Doesn't really apply in this case. We got a backup pushing a backup out of a job.

no, the backup [quinn] is not pushing the starter out of a job, cassel got hurt and his playing so bad that quinn is being put in by default. he is not winning the job he just happened to be the #2 and therefore is getting a shot to make things better. when a backup has performed well or has high expectations along with the starter struggling that is when he pushes the starter out. in this case quinn has neither performed well nor was expected to.

doobs_05
10-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Let's just bring Thiggy back....if i recall, he could throw deep

dl89
10-28-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm still in the " Give the guy a chance" boat. He's been limited by crappy teams, which will be no different here, but damned if there's much else to root for nowadays. We should do our best to enjoy it- it's the Raiders at Arrowhead, and Cassel's not playing. Be excited.