PDA

View Full Version : Stop Blaming Cassel

garretto
10-28-2012, 09:53 PM
The problem with the Chiefs is from the top down. Ownership - Management - Coaching. This is not any player's fault...

It is easy to pick out a single player and focus everything on him. It is the weak thing to do - the easy way out. The QB can't get a pass off. The receivers are running bad routes and dropping easy passes. The special teams unit is muffing punts. The whole thing is bad, bad, bad... Stinks of bad coaching - which starts with bad management - which stems from disinterested ownership...

#58ChiefsFan
10-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the insight

Now read the first 20 threads

You'll find out we already know that

marloweopatchiefs
10-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Cassel sucks to man. Itams time to move on from him to

Chiefster
10-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Spell check is your friend...just sayin.

Bike
10-28-2012, 10:07 PM
You forgot the hyphen in spell-check. Chiefs!

Chiefster
10-28-2012, 10:11 PM
You forgot the hyphen in spell-check. Chiefs!

:lol: It's two words. :meow:

marloweopatchiefs
10-28-2012, 10:19 PM

I was trying to say its time to move on from cassel. I didnt realize my phone put that haha.

Chiefster
10-28-2012, 10:20 PM
I was trying to say its time to move on from cassel. I didnt realize my phone put that haha.

:lol: I knew what you were saying; I was just ribbin ya.

Bike
10-28-2012, 10:20 PM
:lol: It's two words. :meow:
LOL!!!! Chiefs!!! (2016?)

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
10-28-2012, 10:24 PM
We can blame cassel cuz hes sucked since college and still sucks! And its not just him its the coaches ect!

marloweopatchiefs
10-28-2012, 10:24 PM
:lol: I knew what you were saying; I was just ribbin ya.

I'm not sure why my phone changes letters on me. Makes it hard to post from it.

marloweopatchiefs
10-28-2012, 10:26 PM
And the keys on my querty keyboard are so small

Chiefster
10-28-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm not sure why my phone changes letters on me. Makes it hard to post from it.

Isn't that due to an "auto correct" feature?

matthewschiefs
10-28-2012, 10:30 PM
While I agree that Cassel is far to often blamed he doesn't get off 100% without blame nor does any player they take there share of the blame. But I would agree that coaching is FAR bigger of an issue then any player on this team right now.

marloweopatchiefs
10-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Isn't that due to an "auto correct" feature?

Yeah this phone is just a pos. Oh well I guess.

AussieChiefsFan
10-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Right now it's the coaches that annoy (putting it lightly) me the most. If they clean house (hopefully while replacing them with a decend GM / coaches) and draft a QB all by next year, ill be happy.

Coach
10-29-2012, 08:15 AM
I had a dream last night that I ran into Todd Haley and he was laughing his *** off. True story.

70 chiefsfan70
10-29-2012, 08:23 AM
I had a dream last night that I ran into Todd Haley and he was laughing his *** off. True story.

I'm sure that not only was this a dream, but also reality!

AussieChiefsFan
10-29-2012, 08:36 AM

Fairly accurate dream I'd say.

Chiefster
10-29-2012, 11:41 AM

Todd was communicating with you psychically.

garretto
11-02-2012, 12:00 AM
This is not about the players at all. We have a Teddy Bear for a coach and a wanna-be bad-*** as a GM. The players are caught in the middle.

I can see Romeo consoling the same players that Pioli won't re-sign. It's a management issue...

Ryfo18
11-02-2012, 12:22 AM
I blame Pioli, who brought in Cassel.

Never thought there'd be a day when I wanted Carl Peterson back. People have been saying it for years and I shrugged it off, but the Chiefs best players are players that CP brought in (Flowers, Hali, Johnson, Albert, Bowe, Charles). The only pick that has really panned out for Pioli? Justin Houston.

Ryfo18
11-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Another tidbit I saw tonight (I don't remember where so I can't attribute the source), but the Chiefs have now lost by 18 or more for the 15th time in Pioli's tenure.

This happened 24 times in the 20 years Carl Peterson was around.

brdempsey69
11-02-2012, 12:31 AM
I blame Pioli, who brought in Cassel.

Never thought there'd be a day when I wanted Carl Peterson back. People have been saying it for years and I shrugged it off, but the Chiefs best players are players that CP brought in (Flowers, Hali, Johnson, Albert, Bowe, Charles). The only pick that has really panned out for Pioli? Justin Houston.

Welcome aboard & congratulations for breaking on through to the other side. Seriously, you'll find that a realistic perspective is always the best course.

Now, if Clark Hunt will get on the same track, the Chiefs will get a real GM in place. Perhaps Hunt will look up north to your homeland for a candidate in GB.

Coach
11-02-2012, 12:39 AM
I never thought I'd be embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan. I was wrong. Changes better be made this week or there will be mutiny among the fanbase and in the lockerroom.

Pathetic in every way imaginable. All time low.

AkChief49
11-02-2012, 03:15 AM
I never thought I'd be embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan. I was wrong. Changes better be made this week or there will be mutiny among the fanbase and in the lockerroom.

Pathetic in every way imaginable. All time low.
yeah, I/WE feel your pain Coach. I'll not abandon them, but tonight I did cut up one of my favorite hats into little pieces. Probably a dumb thing to do, but frustration is through the roof!!!

KCraised
11-02-2012, 07:29 AM
yeah, I/WE feel your pain Coach. I'll not abandon them, but tonight I did cut up one of my favorite hats into little pieces. Probably a dumb thing to do, but frustration is through the roof!!!

I pulled my jersey off in Buffalo Wild Wings. Was embarrassed to wear it, even in KC

Coach
11-02-2012, 07:43 AM
I still can't believe the amount of turnovers this team is committing. I would love see that percentage of possessions that end on turnovers. It has to be twice as high as the next closest team in the history of the nfl.

They would give up less points if they punted on first down. That is nearly impossible but I'd bet it would be true.

My expectations were so high this year and this roster does have talent. I'm pissed at myself for being so wrong about this debacle of a team. Right now I would say they are worse than the winless lions from a few years ago. When they run, they fumble. When they pass, they fumble or throw int's. The defense last night allowed Phillip Rivers to throw for the 5th highest completion percentage in a game since 1960. The Chargers ran all over them.

I just don't know what to say. This just shows the power if good coaching. WOW, ARE THEY AWFUL!

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 07:55 AM
I still can't believe the amount of turnovers this team is committing. I would love see that percentage of possessions that end on turnovers. It has to be twice as high as the next closest team in the history of the nfl.

They would give up less points if they punted on first down. That is nearly impossible but I'd bet it would be true.

My expectations were so high this year and this roster does have talent. I'm pissed at myself for being so wrong about this debacle of a team. Right now I would say they are worse than the winless lions from a few years ago. When they run, they fumble. When they pass, they fumble or throw int's. The defense last night allowed Phillip Rivers to throw for the 5th highest completion percentage in a game since 1960. The Chargers ran all over them.

I just don't know what to say. This just shows the power if good coaching. WOW, ARE THEY AWFUL!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/I_has_a_sad.gif

doobs_05
11-02-2012, 12:30 PM

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/14/141303/2246901-i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

LargoChief
11-02-2012, 03:49 PM
If they charged the players for each turnover....I mean if a majority of people in the country did something that detrimental to their employer they would be written up if not fired. I was kidding when I started typing but I think fines would be a brilliant idea!!!!!!

MyManHali
11-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Cassel is part of the problem.

MyManHali
11-03-2012, 12:27 AM
The problem with the Chiefs is from the top down. Ownership - Management - Coaching. This is not any player's fault...

It is easy to pick out a single player and focus everything on him. It is the weak thing to do - the easy way out. The QB can't get a pass off. The receivers are running bad routes and dropping easy passes. The special teams unit is muffing punts. The whole thing is bad, bad, bad... Stinks of bad coaching - which starts with bad management - which stems from disinterested ownership...

We actually have one of the best pass blocking lines in the NFL.

We have had drops but who doesn't? We aren't even close to being bad in the dropped ball category.

The quarterback position is part of the problem on this team, along with just about everything else.

MyManHali
11-03-2012, 12:29 AM
While I agree that Cassel is far to often blamed he doesn't get off 100% without blame nor does any player they take there share of the blame. But I would agree that coaching is FAR bigger of an issue then any player on this team right now.

Yes coaching is a major problem, but so is the second cb position, CB depth, QB, GM, DL.

MyManHali
11-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Another tidbit I saw tonight (I don't remember where so I can't attribute the source), but the Chiefs have now lost by 18 or more for the 15th time in Pioli's tenure.

This happened 24 times in the 20 years Carl Peterson was around.

And there we have it.

MyManHali
11-03-2012, 12:36 AM

Don't worry, that will happen next weekend when we play pitt on MNF

#58ChiefsFan
11-03-2012, 08:48 AM

I hope you're right. I never agreed with the way Scott went about firing him and karma is a *****.

Miller
11-03-2012, 10:45 AM

I did not think of that. You know Todd is not going to let off the gas until the Tomlin drags him off the field

jap1
11-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Yes coaching is a major problem, but so is the second cb position, CB depth, QB, GM, DL.

Is this the person formerly known as MyManOrton? If so, welcome back, if not, welcome to the crowd.

MyManHali
11-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Is this the person formerly known as MyManOrton? If so, welcome back, if not, welcome to the crowd.

Yes, and thank you.

matthewschiefs
11-04-2012, 01:14 AM

I agree with almost all of this. But I do still think that coaching is a part of the reason we are seeing the poor play to some extent with the spots mentioned. I asked this in the game thread can anyone name 1 adjustment that has been made by this team all season long?

MyManHali
11-04-2012, 01:17 AM
I agree with almost all of this. But I do still think that coaching is a part of the reason we are seeing the poor play to some extent with the spots mentioned. I asked this in the game thread can anyone name 1 adjustment that has been made by this team all season long?

I still think we are a 7-9/8-8 squad with good coaching, but you are right, coaching on this team is absolutely horrible. You can tell Romeo is just there to collect his paycheck and then make the dash to Cici's before it closes.

AkChief49
11-05-2012, 12:35 AM
I still think we are a 7-9/8-8 squad with good coaching, but you are right, coaching on this team is absolutely horrible. You can tell Romeo is just there to collect his paycheck and then make the dash to Cici's before it closes.
:fatlock::lol::lol: