PDA

View Full Version : Marc Ross

AussieChiefsFan
11-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Part of the Giants Front Office. Possible candidate for 2013 Chiefs GM?

MARC ROSS
DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE SCOUTING
http://prod.static.giants.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/NYG/photos/person-assets/staff-cards/ross_marc.jpg

New York Giants: Marc Ross (http://www.giants.com/team/staff/marc-ross/b3f10aa5-b99b-4517-8abd-ea613a65d0de)

MissingTBone
11-03-2012, 07:44 AM
I'm kinda hoping for Bill Polian, although there are no guarantees Pioli will be gone at seasons end......

#58ChiefsFan
11-03-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm kinda hoping for Bill Polian, although there are no guarantees Pioli will be gone at seasons end......

Polian is a good GM.

I agree with you that we shouldn't get ourselves all in a tizzy over Scooters replacement. Somehow I have a feeling he gets a third head coach and Hunt brings on some sort of advisor to help choose the candidate.

reded
11-03-2012, 10:28 AM
I posted this well written article a couple months back in another thread. The article was written in 2008 when we were looking for Carls replacement but I believe the blueprint would still work today. If you like Marc Ross you should give it a read.
In case you missed it....

Rebuilding the Chiefs: A "How to" guide to rebuilding the right way - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/12/17/695443/rebuilding-the-chiefs-a-ho)

Miller
11-03-2012, 10:49 AM
This is the way I feel. The money is still pouring in, the Hunts are loyal to their GM's to a fault. I would bet that Pioli gets another chance to screw up the HC pick. That also means that he will pick in the draft, isn't that scary.

brdempsey69
11-03-2012, 11:18 AM
This is the way I feel. The money is still pouring in, the Hunts are loyal to their GM's to a fault. I would bet that Pioli gets another chance to screw up the HC pick. That also means that he will pick in the draft, isn't that scary.

If Hunt is going to be dumb enough to retain Pioli, then he damn well better be smart enough to know that he's going to face a major revolt from the local media and a vast majority of Chiefs fans that are not going to put up with Potato Head's total incompetence as a GM.

The revolt is already under way, and rightfully so. I predict that Hunt will become weary of it and make the change at GM. If he doesn't, then it shows that he doesn't care about whether the Chiefs win or lose, but only the profits lining his pockets.

MissingTBone
11-03-2012, 12:31 PM
If Hunt is going to be dumb enough to retain Pioli, then he damn well better be smart enough to know that he's going to face a major revolt from the local media and a vast majority of Chiefs fans that are not going to put up with Potato Head's total incompetence as a GM.

The revolt is already under way, and rightfully so. I predict that Hunt will become weary of it and make the change at GM. If he doesn't, then it shows that he doesn't care about whether the Chiefs win or lose, but only the profits lining his pockets.

Clark is a smart man, and all he has to do is look at the numbers of the past to see a winning team competing for playoffs year in/out makes ALOT more money than a losing team. IF he retains Pioli then I hope he (Pioli) has the ability to finally step outside of the Patriot box and pick a good candidate as HC, and find us a good starting Qb in the draft with our number 1, and a decent back up. We need tI spend some of our stock piled money in REAL depth on our team. I don't wanna wait 3 more years of horrible football out while he has one last crappy experiment and drafting projects/reaches when we pass up great players. But you know what they say s**t in one and and wish in the other.....

MyManHali
11-03-2012, 12:35 PM

Pioli has to be gone. Cassel, Stanzi, Palko, Quinn. These are the qb's that he has acquired during his tenure, there is no way in hell I want him drafting our franchise qb (If that is even on his radar)

brdempsey69
11-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Pioli has to be gone. Cassel, Stanzi, Palko, Quinn. These are the qb's that he has acquired during his tenure, there is no way in hell I want him drafting our franchise qb (If that is even on his radar)

Agreed 100%. The Chiefs need to take 2 QB's in this upcoming 2013 draft and there is no way that I want Pioli contaminating any future Chiefs draft picks with his grubby d!ck-beaters.

MyManHali
11-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Agreed 100%. The Chiefs need to take 2 QB's in this upcoming 2013 draft and there is no way that I want Pioli contaminating any future Chiefs draft picks with his grubby d!ck-beaters.

Really would not mind this. QB first round, WR or CB second, then a solid backup qb third round.

Miller
11-03-2012, 01:53 PM

I agree, I want him gone. But I would not be shocked if he was in the Chiefs war room come April. The Hunts have not shown me anything other than wanting to not rock the boat, they do NOT think outside the box. The Head Coach will fall on the sword for this season, other than that...nothing would surpise me.

brdempsey69
11-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I agree, I want him gone. But I would not be shocked if he was in the Chiefs war room come April. The Hunts have not shown me anything other than wanting to not rock the boat, they do NOT think outside the box. The Head Coach will fall on the sword for this season, other than that...nothing would surpise me.

Hunt better be smart enough to see that outside of NE and Cleveland rejects, no viable HC candidate is going to come and work for Pioli. It's just not going to happen.

If Hunt retains Pioli, then he blatantly condemns the Chiefs to continue the same losing culture that's been going on since his dad, Lamar passed away.

The AFC Championship trophy is named the Lamar Hunt trophy. The Chiefs have been the worst team in the AFC, record wise, since 2007. Somebody should point this out to Clark & maybe it'll wrench his gut enough that he will take action and get rid of Pioli.

MyManHali
11-03-2012, 02:59 PM

Clark did fire Carl. I seriously doubt Pioli will be here next year.

Miller
11-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Clark did fire Carl. I seriously doubt Pioli will be here next year.

I honestly do not know how he made it the bye week. That is why I am wondering if Hunt will make the call

MyManHali
11-03-2012, 04:18 PM
I honestly do not know how he made it the bye week. That is why I am wondering if Hunt will make the call

I love the Chiefs, I hate Scott Pioli. The stories that former employees of the Chiefs tell such as the candy wrapper stories make me mad. He isn't well liked within the organization, which is why I want him to be around long enough to play Todd Haley next week.

nigeriannightmare
11-03-2012, 05:37 PM
I love the Chiefs, I hate Scott Pioli. The stories that former employees of the Chiefs tell such as the candy wrapper stories make me mad. He isn't well liked within the organization, which is why I want him to be around long enough to play Todd Haley next week.

I don't know if a GM has been fired as quick, when you look at the contracts he has done he didn't make the bone head decisions that the GM in Carolina made I don't know if Clark will fire him.

However Romeo Crennel looks like a deer in headlights out there he plays to not lose and is uber conservative in terms of making decisions to win the game we aren't even remotely competitive. IMO crennel has to be first.

nigeriannightmare
11-03-2012, 05:38 PM
And Brian Daboll too....

jap1
11-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Really would not mind this. QB first round, WR or CB second, then a solid backup qb third round.

It seemed to work well for Washington. I think you need to do this if you get a Cam Newton/RG3 QB that likes to run. There is a strong chance of injury.

Id be ok with getting a veteran backup instead of drafting though. Someone like Hasselbeck (not sure if he will be available) who can come in and be competent if the QB gets a concussion and goes down for 2-3 weeks.

If we get a QB in FA, then what I would like to see is 1) QB, and then in the 2nd and 3rd: ILB, WR, or CB. I would love to get a legit LB next to DJ.

MissingTBone
11-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I would rather get a veteran backup to our rookie qb for a few reasons. One being someone to help him and tutor him that has ayes in bigger games before, and secondly to save another pick for other needs as we have so many. Im not sure what qbs are avail in the 2014 draft buy I wouldn't be opposed to waiting and drafting a qb next year instead if there is a better crop of them avail then. But def want a different qb in here next year. Cassel and Quinn aren't the answer. And who knows if Schaub will be able to be resigned in Houston, we have the cap space to make a run at him.

brdempsey69
11-03-2012, 07:52 PM
It seemed to work well for Washington. I think you need to do this if you get a Cam Newton/RG3 QB that likes to run. There is a strong chance of injury.

Id be ok with getting a veteran backup instead of drafting though. Someone like Hasselbeck (not sure if he will be available) who can come in and be competent if the QB gets a concussion and goes down for 2-3 weeks.

If we get a QB in FA, then what I would like to see is 1) QB, and then in the 2nd and 3rd: ILB, WR, or CB. I would love to get a legit LB next to DJ.

Agreed, assuming they are running the 3-4 in 2013. If they do, the ILB looks too thin as it stands right now. FA might be a way to go in that area as well.

Getting back to the QB, there's also a strong chance of the QB getting hurt if the pass-blocking doesn't improve in 2013. This is one reason why I suggested earlier to draft 2 QB's. Here are the others:

1) If the Chiefs do draft a QB with their 1st pick, they simply cannot put all their eggs in this guy's basket given their history when it comes drafting QB's since the NFL and AFL realigned in 1970. Every QB they have drafted since then has been a colossal bust.

2) Never before have the Chiefs taken 2 QB's in the same draft since 1970 that I am aware of. If they are ever going to do that, now is the time. Nobody could blame them at this stage if they drafted QB's with their top 2 picks, especially under the current CBA. It would create good competition at the position and may the best man win.

MyManHali
11-03-2012, 08:08 PM

I do not disagree with what you have said. I think we almost have to go CB in the second round and then get a solid WR in FA.

rodu
11-03-2012, 09:22 PM
The one thing the other QB's that we have drafted early in drafts have one thing to do with next years draft; absolutely nothing. Be it crappy Pioli or someone else drafting a QB with our first, busts from the past have nothing to do with that pick

brdempsey69
11-03-2012, 11:47 PM
The one thing the other QB's that we have drafted early in drafts have one thing to do with next years draft; absolutely nothing. Be it crappy Pioli or someone else drafting a QB with our first, busts from the past have nothing to do with that pick

Nobody said that it did. What was suggested that the Chiefs would be wise to double dip at the QB position given what has happened in the past & add to the fact they currently don't a quality starter or backup.

Any prospect can bust, and given the Chiefs absolute ZERO success rate at drafting QB's, one would be a total idiot to ignore it.

Lord-Chiefy
11-04-2012, 12:06 AM
I don't think pioli is going anywheres. Or he'd be gone already.

AussieChiefsFan
11-04-2012, 01:55 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/spock.gif

brdempsey69
11-04-2012, 07:37 AM

Not necessarily. His contract is guaranteed unless he voluntarily quits. Clark could be wanting him to step down. Or he may simply just wait until the season ends to make the move & may already be shopping for GM candidates.

Either way, Hunt cannot justify bringing back Pioli in 2013. He'll be looking at major revolt & PR nightmare if he does, plus the fact that no bonafide HC candidate is going to work for Pioli. They all know that he's a stupid jerk.

AussieChiefsFan
11-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Not necessarily. His contract is guaranteed unless he voluntarily quits. Clark could be wanting him to step down. Or he may simply just wait until the season ends to make the move & may already be shopping for GM candidates.

Either way, Hunt cannot justify bringing back Pioli in 2013. He'll be looking at major revolt & PR nightmare if he does, plus the fact that no bonafide HC candidate is going to work for Pioli. They all know that he's a stupid jerk.

Exactly

MyManHali
11-04-2012, 12:16 PM

Pioli is too arrogant to step down, he will be canned and then I will buy everyone a round of beers.

brdempsey69
11-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Pioli is too arrogant to step down, he will be canned and then I will buy everyone a round of beers.

I don't drink, but I will be rejoicing in that day when it's announced that Pioli is no longer the Chiefs GM.

MyManHali
11-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Aussie is our CP representative.

MissingTBone
11-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't drink, but I will be rejoicing in that day when it's announced that Pioli is no longer the Chiefs GM.

Ill take his beer, 2 Red Stripes please....

AussieChiefsFan
11-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Aussie is our CP representative.:bananen_smilies046: