PDA

View Full Version : Geno Smith vs Matt Barkley

Pages : [1] 2

AussieChiefsFan
11-03-2012, 10:56 PM
At this point, which QB would you rather have KC draft in 2013?

brdempsey69
11-03-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm going with Geno Smith. He had a decent game today, even though his team didn't win. I think he's a better fit for the Chiefs than Barkley. You gotta like the way he throws the football.

Can't blame Chiefs fans at all for being gunshy about taking a USC QB. None of the more recent ones from USC has had much in the way of post-season success.

I will say it again, though. Whoever the next QB is, the Chiefs brass ( minus Pioli, I hope ) must make damn sure that he has a good O-Line in front of him that can pass-block and keep him upright and give him time to throw. Or else we'll see another David Carr or another version of Matt Cassel getting beaten into a zombie.

matthewschiefs
11-03-2012, 11:56 PM
I would also look at AJ McCarron from Bama he's won a title and after tonight looks like he will be playing for number 2 after what he just did to LSU on that final drive I would also consider him

Ryfo18
11-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Genooooooooooooooo

AussieChiefsFan
11-04-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm going with Geno Smith. He had a decent game today, even though his team didn't win. I think he's a better fit for the Chiefs than Barkley. You gotta like the way he throws the football.

Can't blame Chiefs fans at all for being gunshy about taking a USC QB. None of the more recent ones from USC has had much in the way of post-season success.

I will say it again, though. Whoever the next QB is, the Chiefs brass ( minus Pioli, I hope ) must make damn sure that he has a good O-Line in front of him that can pass-block and keep him upright and give him time to throw. Or else we'll see another David Carr or another version of Matt Cassel getting beaten into a zombie.

I've thought that the Oline has been ok at pass blocking. Just horrible at Run blocking.

Lord-Chiefy
11-04-2012, 12:05 AM
McCarran not another joke "running" wanna be qb.

brdempsey69
11-04-2012, 12:42 AM
I've thought that the Oline has been ok at pass blocking. Just horrible at Run blocking.

Not so, they've been getting ran over repeatedly in the passing game as well. I know this as I've watched every game via NFL GameRewind. The Chiefs QB's have been under fierce pressure all year. Nevermind what any stat sheet says, the overhead camera doesn't lie.

MyManHali
11-04-2012, 01:09 AM
We should take Mingo, the DE from LSU :biggrin:

Coach
11-04-2012, 09:07 AM
I don't know much about either but taking a USC QB is risky in my opinion.

rodu
11-04-2012, 09:33 AM
ARe either of these guys good enough to be the guy? I hear alot of talk about this years QB stock being weaker than other years

Hayvern
11-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Don't trouble yourself, we are not going to draft a QB yet again this year. And that should have been one of your options. I wish we would, but we will continue to pick guys in the 6th round and hope they turn out to be the next Tom Brady.

MyManHali
11-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Don't trouble yourself, we are not going to draft a QB yet again this year. And that should have been one of your options. I wish we would, but we will continue to pick guys in the 6th round and hope they turn out to be the next Tom Brady.

Pioli won't be here next year, if those 2 guys are there we will draft a qb.

fairladyZ
11-04-2012, 06:15 PM
I don't understand how people can still like geno. i've watched his last 3 games and all 3 have been awful. the only time he's played good is when hes played horrible defenses. his game yesterday was horrible he just got bailed out by some miracle catches from his recievers. He's got jamarcus russel written all over him. A thug that throws temper tantrums. Throwing gang signs to fans, temper tantrums on the sideline when things aren't going right, horrible footwork, spread offense, locks onto receivers, looks to run if first read isn't available. PASS

barkley all the way

texaschief
11-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Sign Matt Moore as a free agent. The Chiefs should continue to trade down through the first round and accumulate as many picks as possible. They should try and gain an additional 1 or perhaps even 2 more first round picks in 2014. With their first round pick this season, they should target a cornerstone MLB.

In the 2014 draft, they should do whatever they can to target the top QB in that draft. Those names include Bridgewater from Louisville, Logan Thomas from VT, but my choice would be Tyler Bray from Tennessee if I had to choose right now.

The QBs in this draft class just aren't the franchise QBs you should expect from a #1 or #2 overall pick.

Sick Dog
11-04-2012, 08:59 PM
I am concerned about the QBs in this draft as well but what the hell do the Chiefs do if they do not draft a QB...who the hell is out there in free agency?

Ryfo18
11-04-2012, 09:39 PM
I am concerned about the QBs in this draft as well but what the hell do the Chiefs do if they do not draft a QB...who the hell is out there in free agency?

I agree. We could either get a gem or be crippled for the next 3-4 years with a bum.

Why couldn't have happened last year w/ Luck and Griffin coming out?

jap1
11-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Sign Matt Moore as a free agent. The Chiefs should continue to trade down through the first round and accumulate as many picks as possible. They should try and gain an additional 1 or perhaps even 2 more first round picks in 2014. With their first round pick this season, they should target a cornerstone MLB.

In the 2014 draft, they should do whatever they can to target the top QB in that draft. Those names include Bridgewater from Louisville, Logan Thomas from VT, but my choice would be Tyler Bray from Tennessee if I had to choose right now.

The QBs in this draft class just aren't the franchise QBs you should expect from a #1 or #2 overall pick.

I dont dislike this idea. I would LOVE to see Manti Teo in a Chiefs uniform lining up next to DJ. I really wanted to see Bowe traded (even for a 3rd with conditionals) to try and make this happen. In this scenario, I would want to bring in more than 1 QB. Matt Moore and maybe someone else, but I dont know who is available.

brdempsey69
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
I agree. We could either get a gem or be crippled for the next 3-4 years with a bum.

Why couldn't have happened last year w/ Luck and Griffin coming out?

This is precisely why I believe it is a good idea to double dip at the QB position in the draft. Never before have the Chiefs done this in the draft & if they are ever are going to do it, then why not do it in the 2013 draft? Especially since they don't have a quality starter or backup, as of right now and FA don't look good.

Lord-Chiefy
11-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Trade down get mad picks and get McCarran.

kcnation
11-05-2012, 10:10 PM
there is not a good qb to draft this coming year

kcnation
11-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Trade down get mad picks and get McCarran.

McCARRON=another brodie croyle----no thanks

texaschief
11-06-2012, 02:18 AM
McCarron won't be in this draft. He'd be an idiot to come out early.

doobs_05
11-06-2012, 12:31 PM
How do the LSU D-Lineman look?

MyManHali
11-06-2012, 01:29 PM
How do the LSU D-Lineman look?

Barkevious Mingo is supposed to go top 5 : )

Canada
11-06-2012, 08:17 PM
I don't know much about either but taking a USC QB is risky in my opinion.With this logic we should just take a Notre Dame QB casue thats where Montana came from. Or a Michigan QB so we get a Tom Brady.

jap1
11-06-2012, 09:45 PM
With this logic we should just take a Notre Dame QB casue thats where Montana came from. Or a Michigan QB so we get a Tom Brady.

I disagree. This logic is more applicable because it is more recent. All the QBs out of USC recently have been busts. Primarily because of the system in USC is designed to make QBs look good (primarily because of a good defense and running game). I dont think the system there has changed much since Pete Carroll left, so I am very suspect of their QBs. However, Barkley has done better IMO than Leinert and Sanchez.

MissingTBone
11-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Didn't know much about either so I did some research. Smith looks like a qb who could be a franchise qb at this point. Not really sold on Barkley. I think I would be excited if we were able to get Smith. If we fall out of the number 1 pick though, I'd rather not take Barkley and maybe trade up some.

MyManHali
11-06-2012, 11:38 PM
I want Barkley, but I certainly would not mind if we picked Smith.

brdempsey69
11-07-2012, 12:56 AM
I want Barkley, but I certainly would not mind if we picked Smith.

Well, Barkley has thrown for 484 and 493 yards the last 2 games, so if he can keep it up for the rest of the season, many think he's a clear-cut #1.

We'll have to wait and see how it all plays out.

jap1
11-07-2012, 02:57 AM
I'd take Barkley over smith, but mostly because I don't know that much about Smith and he seems to be a new name on the scene. Barkley also runs a pro-type offense. My only hesitation is USC's recent history of QBs. Their best has Palmer and he never hit the ceiling he should have, but that could be blamed on his ACL injury.

Eydugstr
11-08-2012, 03:56 AM

They have improved a little bit from last year, but not much, or enough to make a difference. Take a good look at what the Raiders D-line does to our O-line. The O-line has a ways to go.

It also doesn't help when the GM doesn't have a proper backup center or a 3rd qb ready for the game.

AussieChiefsFan
11-08-2012, 04:14 AM
They have improved a little bit from last year, but not much, or enough to make a difference. Take a good look at what the Raiders D-line does to our O-line. The O-line has a ways to go.

It also doesn't help when the GM doesn't have a proper backup center or a 3rd qb ready for the game.http://i.imgur.com/R7ubW.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/4TMPT.jpg

MyManHali
11-08-2012, 04:43 AM

It also doesn't help when the GM doesn't have a proper backup center or a 3rd qb ready for the game.

Good point. It is absolutely disgusting to see the lack of depth for our offensive line. We had to move a STARTING GUARD TO CENTER. Then, after that we even worked out weigmann, honestly, what in god's name goes on in our front office?

Eydugstr
11-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Back to the subject of future QB draft possibles...I'd like to throw out another name - E.J. Manuel

FSU EJ Manuel 2011 Highlights - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1sp3S4wNig)

Bike
11-08-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm not in love with either one of these guys for the number one or two pick in the draft.

AussieChiefsFan
11-09-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm not in love with either one of these guys for the number one or two pick in the draft.

Who would you take over them?

Lord-Chiefy
11-09-2012, 12:53 AM
No thanks on Manuel thats the last thing we need is a wanna be qb

Lord-Chiefy
11-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Frikin another Lmao qb. Maybe he ought should try arena football. Don't need some gang banger qb.

Dick Richards
11-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Smith can only operate out of the shotgun (dont need that). And Barkley actually has pretty good foot work and throws well on the run! Barkley is a better pick IMO.

Bike
11-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Who would you take over them?I would like Tyler Bray (trade down a couple spots?) if he comes out for the draft. I think he is only a junior. But he is like 6.5 feet tall - no more swatted balls and he can see the field. I would take his teammate wide receiver as 2nd pick in the 2nd round. In the 3rd I would consider taking Landry Jones if available.

Sick Dog
11-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Bottom line is looks like this team is screwed for the foreseeable future at QB because they never addressed this issue last year! They could have got Cousins (not saying he is the answer) in 4th round...Next year believe it or not their best option could be Cassel:drunkhb:

AussieChiefsFan
11-09-2012, 09:41 PM
I would like Tyler Bray (trade down a couple spots?) if he comes out for the draft. I think he is only a junior. But he is like 6.5 feet tall - no more swatted balls and he can see the field. I would take his teammate wide receiver as 2nd pick in the 2nd round. In the 3rd I would consider taking Landry Jones if available.
Id hate to see them trade down. Still think Geno or Barkley are the best option.

Bottom line is looks like this team is screwed for the foreseeable future at QB because they never addressed this issue last year! They could have got Cousins (not saying he is the answer) in 4th round...Next year believe it or not their best option could be Cassel:drunkhb:

No

chiefnut
11-10-2012, 10:09 AM
i'd like to see us trade down, maybe get mante teo, the monster in the middle from notre dame. if we get xtra piks we can still get a quality qb in the 2nd round or bundle some piks to trade back into the first for a qb. i don't think there is a can't miss franchise qb in this draft but we still can use help in the secondary and ML, D line and O line. getting as much depth w/a couple of starters is as important as a new qb. yes we desperately need an upgrade at qb but we may still do that in FA or developing stanzi or tanney or drafting in round 2.

Lord-Chiefy
11-10-2012, 11:50 AM
I love the idea of trading down. But many high picks in compensation puts hurt on cap room for vets we need to resign

AussieChiefsFan
11-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Personally, I wouldn't like to trade down at all.

rodu
11-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Outside of QB's, who else is a top five player in the draft?

chiefnut
11-12-2012, 10:51 AM
I love the idea of trading down. But many high picks in compensation puts hurt on cap room for vets we need to resign

we have tons of cap romm and w/the new rookie wage scale it won't be a problem as in previous years

jap1
11-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Outside of QB's, who else is a top five player in the draft?

There are a couple OLBs and DEs that are considered top 5.

rodu
11-12-2012, 06:52 PM
There are a couple OLBs and DEs that are considered top 5.

meh, players at positions we are strong at or risky QB's, why couldn't we suck in a year with a good QB crop

Coach
11-13-2012, 12:05 AM
I say we spend our 1st rd pick in a QB this year. If that player doesn't work out, we use our 1st round pick next year on a QB. And we continue to do it until we find a QB we can build this team around. Until we find a franchise QB we are just wasting time, money, and talent.

MyManHali
11-13-2012, 12:27 AM
I say we spend our 1st rd pick in a QB this year. If that player doesn't work out, we use our 1st round pick next year on a QB. And we continue to do it until we find a QB we can build this team around. Until we find a franchise QB we are just wasting time, money, and talent.

I love you coach.

Bike
11-13-2012, 09:50 AM
[quote=AussieChiefsFan;270989]Id hate to see them trade down. Still think Geno or Barkley are the best option./quote]

Geno flashin gang signs at fans between huddles and Barkley just another USC product that has a poor history of turning out NFL Qb's. I just don't see either one of these clowns as our answer at QB. Tyler Bray if available.

Coach
11-13-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm shifting towards Barkley mainly because Geno is playing so poorly. But I think we would all agree that we need a backup QB as well. So I have no problem with us using multiple picks on a QB. At this point, I don't care if we every pick on a QB. We need three anyhow. Lets find a good QB.

doobs_05
11-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Honestly, I do not like Barkley or Geno. If we have the first and some team is willing to trade up to our spot for a lot of picks the next year......I say go for it. But only do this if we get new people in so they can build their team. Also wouldn't mind that LB from ND

Coach
11-13-2012, 02:56 PM
I highly doubt we end up with the #1 pick. But if we do, you don't trade it.

70 chiefsfan70
11-14-2012, 09:01 AM

I agree we wont be drafting first.

If we do draft first and could trade a deal like the rams guy I would trade in a heartbeat. With two first round picks we could pick up a CB, and QB, or we could get a LT if. (God forbid we don't resign Albert), And two second round picks we could and should get another qb. and LB, or any other great need we will have.

Dick Richards
11-15-2012, 12:16 AM
I was a Barklet guy and now I am actually leaning towards Geno Smith. I think we will pick in the top 3 for sure! I think after watch some video, Geno has a lot stronger arm. It may take some coaching, but he could become a elite qb. It may be a risk but I say take the risk. I think we hunt hard for a FA qb aswell. It is the most important position and has to be treated that way.

rodu
11-17-2012, 11:03 AM
We're just lucky there isn't a draft lottery. My favorite hockey team; the Flyers, finished dead last, and another team won the draft lottery and picked first overall, Flyers second. The guy taken first overall, scored the Cup winning goal against us a few in OT years later :(

jb908
11-17-2012, 07:38 PM
I like Geno. I've gone to two WVU games this year and he has a great arm. He is extremely accurate with the deep ball. Well worth the top pick if you ask me.

Lord-Chiefy
11-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Barkley gOt hurt today

Lord-Chiefy
11-18-2012, 12:38 AM
Sounds like seperated shoulder. First pass was a pick. His back up came in and put up great numbers but still lost.

AussieChiefsFan
11-18-2012, 04:21 AM
I say we spend our 1st rd pick in a QB this year. If that player doesn't work out, we use our 1st round pick next year on a QB. And we continue to do it until we find a QB we can build this team around. Until we find a franchise QB we are just wasting time, money, and talent.This

[quote=AussieChiefsFan;270989]Id hate to see them trade down. Still think Geno or Barkley are the best option./quote]

Geno flashin gang signs at fans between huddles and Barkley just another USC product that has a poor history of turning out NFL Qb's. I just don't see either one of these clowns as our answer at QB. Tyler Bray if available.How about now?

Really? We're pretty bad right now

Three7s
11-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Anyone catch Geno Smith torching Oklahoma up and down the field? This dude is the truth.

Lord-Chiefy
11-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Haha no Barkley!!! He's hurt....thank god.

swochief
11-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Niether. Much rather have Wilson from arkansas , Murray and or McCarron.

Bike
11-20-2012, 09:14 PM
This team has so many needs that I don't see how we can afford NOT to trade it. On a team as bad as this, the biggest advantage of having a number one pick might be to entice a new GM/HC to come aboard. Since there is no Andrew Luck/RG3 in this draft (IMO), I say trade it for more picks. We need 'em.

AussieChiefsFan
11-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Anyone catch Geno Smith torching Oklahoma up and down the field? This dude is the truth.

It was so beautiful.

AussieChiefsFan
11-22-2012, 12:48 AM
This team has so many needs that I don't see how we can afford NOT to trade it. On a team as bad as this, the biggest advantage of having a number one pick might be to entice a new GM/HC to come aboard. Since there is no Andrew Luck/RG3 in this draft (IMO), I say trade it for more picks. We need 'em.Our biggest hole is still QB though.

jason1981
11-22-2012, 02:15 AM
I think they both will be good qbs but the question is who fits us better and has a better upside. Id take geno smith over barkley just cuz of his upside and over barkley. Geno smith is more talented in my opinion. Bit either way i dont trust our coaches and staff to groom a qb either way so if we dont clean house were doomed amd so is the qb.

AussieChiefsFan
11-22-2012, 05:48 AM
I think they both will be good qbs but the question is who fits us better and has a better upside. Id take geno smith over barkley just cuz of his upside and over barkley. Geno smith is more talented in my opinion. Bit either way i dont trust our coaches and staff to groom a qb either way so if we dont clean house were doomed amd so is the qb.

Geno and staff that know what theyre doing would be a match made in heaven.

doobs_05
11-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Top 3 pick, take MLB from ND, an O-Lineman or trade down, Geno and Barkley are not worth a top 3 pick ...IMO

#58ChiefsFan
11-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Top 3 pick, take MLB from ND, an O-Lineman or trade down, Geno and Barkley are not worth a top 3 pick ...IMO

It's damn tough to justify passing on Manti T'eo. As bad as the situation is here, that might be the one way a team could/should. T'eo is a guaranteed impact player.

rodu
11-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Hali
Teo
Johnson
Houston

I like the look of that starting group of LB's

Ryfo18
11-26-2012, 04:13 PM
We should be taking a shot on a QB until we find one. I don't care if we don't get it right the first time. I can justify a 1st round QB this year because we need one so bad. Draft another next year. We have to eventually find the right guy. We aren't going to win consistently in this league until the right guy arrives.

12: The number of touchdowns this team has scored in 11 games.
6: The number of passing touchdowns this team has.

I don't doubt that 30% of the problem is the offensive coordinator. But we need a QB that can move the ball downfield through the air.

#58ChiefsFan
11-26-2012, 04:38 PM
We should be taking a shot on a QB until we find one. I don't care if we don't get it right the first time. I can justify a 1st round QB this year because we need one so bad. Draft another next year. We have to eventually find the right guy. We aren't going to win consistently in this league until the right guy arrives.

I don't doubt that 30% of the problem is the offensive coordinator. But we need a QB that can move the ball downfield through the air.

We HAFTA HAFTA HAFTA get a solid QB, I just don't know if Smith/Barkley are worthy of a top 3 pick, I believe T'eo is though. IF there was a way to take him and trade back into the top 10 or so to get a QB I think that would be ideal. Of course we have a ton of other needs thanks to some not so stellar work from our GM. Basically it's a fn mess.

Ryfo18
11-26-2012, 04:46 PM
We HAFTA HAFTA HAFTA get a solid QB, I just don't know if Smith/Barkley are worthy of a top 3 pick, I believe T'eo is though. IF there was a way to take him and trade back into the top 10 or so to get a QB I think that would be ideal. Of course we have a ton of other needs thanks to some not so stellar work from our GM. Basically it's a fn mess.

Basically, we can't afford get the QB position wrong (like we already have). We also can't afford to not get it right. So if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

I agree that Te'o has been an excellent player for Notre Dame, but I don't see us as having a huge need for a high 1st round LBer w/ only one real hole in our LB corps. His addition IMO probably wouldn't even add 3 wins to our team. Of course that's my own guess.

Thus my logic is why take a player that isn't going to add a lot of wins. What if he turns out like Aaron Curry and is cut from his 2nd team in 4 years? Then you've wasted an early pick on a player that can't have anywhere near the impact that a QB can have. This is the primary reason that teams like the Chiefs, Jags, Browns, Seahawks (until this year), Bengals (until last year), Bills, Dolphins, and Raiders suck every year.

#58ChiefsFan
11-26-2012, 05:02 PM
I agree with that, it just sucks that Pioli has put us in this position. Then again if he did his job right we wouldn't have a shot at a top 5 pick. I'm 100% on board with QBs plural until they get it right, just thinking about what coulda been.

matthewschiefs
11-26-2012, 05:57 PM

I think it's far more then that I see it as

Coaching/Oc 60%
Qbs Cassel/Quinn 30%
Rest of the offense 10%

We have had annoncers on the air laughing at our playcalling our head coach answers I don't no to questions that it's his job to no the answer to. It's hard for the players to do there job well when they are not being coached well.

Most coaches wouldn't do great on the offense that we have with our QBs but most Qbs also wouldn't do great with the coaches that we have in place.

AkChief49
11-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Hali
Teo
Johnson
Houston

I like the look of that starting group of LB's

I look at this LB line up and like it. I really do. I think Teo is the real deal and very worthy of a 1st pick. The question is: Do we need him?

I got to watch the game yesterday(because Lord Peyton was playing:D and they show Donk games here often:beat_DeadHorse:) and to me the D is not in need of a 1st rounder. It needs some help don't get me wrong.

The biggest need (IMO) is Offense, because this one is so offensive it's not funny. Y'all seen it, Our D gave the ball back to our O twice near the end and they(O) could not get the job done. We score field goals- at home- inside their 10!! Manning and his "Field General" presence takes over the game and we lose again.

Basically, we can't afford get the QB position wrong (like we already have). We also can't afford to not get it right. So if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Name me one QB, that we have ever drafted, that has won a play off game.....
It seems that we are cursed in that regard. Not that I do not want a QB for the first pick, we really do need to get it right.

The last time we took a QB in the 1st was Blackledge in the vaunted QB rich '83 draft-Jim Kelly(14th), Marino (went @ the 27th pick- we picked 7th), Elway(first overall pick)

The problem- we could have had any of these QB's besides Elway. Another problem- none of these other QB's won a Superbowl-just Elway.

Ryfo, you're spot on with having to get it right. Is there anyone worthy @ QB for the #1 pick? I've got a not so good sneaky suspicion of G.Smith (i.e. J.Russell? or am I way off?) Barkley, he seems like a smart QB- just doesn't get my "he's the guy" juices boiling.

What is any ones take on the Georgia QB Murray or the Tennessee QB Bray? if they come out (I think they're both Juniors?) Tyler Wilson?

I've seen 3 WV games this year 1 Georgia game 0 Tenn. games. fill me in fellas

If we get a QB-they dang sure need to be able to read a Defense!!! Not just hand off and then, once in a while, heave it down field over everyone's head. If the other team had a rock'em sock'em type QB on their side we might have won.

It's looking more and more like we are getting that 1st pick-so let the debate continue

sorry for posting some things already stated- got distracted had, to log back on

rodu
11-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Are there any backup QB's worth trading for? Any QB's in the draft worth taking a shot at in the 2nd?

matthewschiefs
11-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Are there any backup QB's worth trading for? Any QB's in the draft worth taking a shot at in the 2nd?

I wouldn't mind even drafting Aaron Murray in the 1st round. I don't no if anyone else watches or listens to the Dan Patrick show but Tony Dungy today said he would even take Murray first over all.

Ryfo18
11-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Ryfo, you're spot on with having to get it right. Is there anyone worthy @ QB for the #1 pick? I've got a not so good sneaky suspicion of G.Smith (i.e. J.Russell? or am I way off?) Barkley, he seems like a smart QB- just doesn't get my "he's the guy" juices boiling.

I don't agree with the Geno Smith/Russell comparison at all. It's a lazy comparison that is thrust upon many a black QB out of college. I know that's not what you intended, but it's true of many football fans out there.

Read this article about Geno Smith's work ethic: West Virginia Mountaineers quarterback Geno Smith's focus is solely football - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/football-121003Maisel/west-virginia-mountaineers-quarterback-geno-smith-focus-solely-football)

If you don't want to read the whole article, here's some quotes:

"First of all, Smith is a football nerd. He did exactly what he wanted to do Saturday night. There's nothing he likes to do more than come into the football building and watch video, except maybe to download game or practice video onto his iPad to take home and watch."

"He's a very intelligent kid," [head coach] Holgorsen said of Smith. "His goal in life, his focus in life, is to learn as much about football as he possibly can. He loves to read. He loves to draw. He's got some hobbies. But I guarantee you, when he's reading and drawing, he's still thinking about football."

"Smith's confidence in his mental acuity knows few bounds. His confidence in his physical ability is not the same. In fact, it is why he pushes himself to study.

"If you look at me," he said, "I'm not one of those guys who strike you as an imposing player (West Virginia lists him at 6-foot-3, 214). I honestly don't think I'm that great of a player. There's pretty much a lot of guys out there more talented than I am. But I understand the game and I'm far ahead of my peers when it comes to that. I know defense like a defensive coordinator. I know offense like an offensive coordinator. It puts me levels ahead of those guys, and 90 percent of the game is mental, which allows me to ... end up with these crazy numbers at the end of the game, because I'm always making the right decision.""

Jamarcus Russell is talented, but the work ethic absolutely was not there. In short, he was a lazy quarterback that was interested in taking illegal drugs.

I don't think anyone in this room will argue that Matt Cassel doesn't work harder than anyone else in the building. The problem is his limitations are physical. Picture a Matt Cassel that busts his butt AND can throw a deep/accurate ball, read a defense, and progress through his WR reads.

Geno Smith has the potential to be a great QB in this league. He could also be a bust. But this team cannot afford to NOT take him IMO. If it doesn't work out, well then back to square 1. But we're never going to move on from being an uncompetitive team without a talented quarterback under center.

matthewschiefs
11-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Geno Smith has the potential to be a great QB in this league. He could also be a bust. But this team cannot afford to NOT take him IMO. If it doesn't work out, well then back to square 1. But we're never going to move on from being an uncompetitive team without a talented quarterback under center.

He's 6-5 this year. I no you like him but it's not like he's leading his team in title contention. He might very well be a good QB in the NFL but To say we can't afford to not take him is a big stretch

Ryfo18
11-26-2012, 09:51 PM
He's 6-5 this year. I no you like him but it's not like he's leading his team in title contention. He might very well be a good QB in the NFL but To say we can't afford to not take him is a big stretch

But you're simplifying things and just looking at the record. Tim Tebow was 7-4 as a starter last year. Do I want him on my team? Absolutely not.

The Mountaineers are 14th in the nation in scoring w/ 40 points per game. Their defense gives up 40.6 points per game, the 121st worst out of 124 FBS schools.

If your best argument against Geno Smith is his record on a team that is a sieve on defense, then that's more reason we should take him. That's like saying that it's Drew Brees's fault that the Saints are 5-6 this year. Extremely lazy analysis.

nigeriannightmare
11-26-2012, 10:11 PM
If Geno smith is such a football nerd then why he is he taunting opposing teams fans, throwing up game signs and such. A student of the game, one would think, would be more humble. And it's not like he was a mizzou qb going to Kansas. Or Ohio st and Michigan it was Texas. Pretty immature if you ask me what's he going to act like when he's a millionaire then.

chiefnut
11-27-2012, 10:13 AM
I still think we trade down if we can, take ryan nassib or landry jones in round 2, take best players available with xtra piks, increase talent level of team for new regime so they can start winning asap

Bike
11-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Our biggest hole is still QB though.Nope. Our biggest hole is an inept GM that doesn't know how to build a football team.

doobs_05
11-27-2012, 12:31 PM
What other team are in a need of a starting QB through this draft? Jax? Henne has looked good. I would say Philly and Arz but they need O-lineman more than anything.

OPLookn
11-27-2012, 01:47 PM
But you're simplifying things and just looking at the record. Tim Tebow was 7-4 as a starter last year. Do I want him on my team? Absolutely not.

The Mountaineers are 14th in the nation in scoring w/ 40 points per game. Their defense gives up 40.6 points per game, the 121st worst out of 124 FBS schools.

If your best argument against Geno Smith is his record on a team that is a sieve on defense, then that's more reason we should take him. That's like saying that it's Drew Brees's fault that the Saints are 5-6 this year. Extremely lazy analysis.

Not necessarily true. Last year Baylor was 10-3 at the end of the season. With only one game left they're 6-5. What's the major difference?

I was going to say lets look at Geno Smith's play compared to RG3. Both offenses put up monster #'s and both had D's that were sieve's.

Geno Smith
Marshall - allows 43.6 ppg, gave up 69
James Madison - allows 15.5 ppg, gave up 12
Maryland - allows 27.2 ppg, gave up 21
Baylor - allows 38.5 ppg, gave up 70
Texas - allows 28.3 ppg, gave up 45
Texas Tech - allows 31.8 ppg, gave up 14
Kansas St - allows 20.8 ppg, gave up 14
TCU - allows 23 ppg, gave up 38 in OT, 31 in regulation
Okie St - allows 28.4 ppg, gave up 34
Oklahoma - allows 24.8 ppg, gave up 49
Iowa St. - allows 23.3 ppg, gave up 24

7-4....6-1-4 if you want to call the Iowa St. game a tie.

RG3
TCU - allows 23.2 ppg, gave up 50
Stephen F. Austin Jacks - allows 24.9 ppg, gave up 48
Rice - allows 36.1 ppg, gave up 56
K-State - allows 30.4 ppg, gave up 35
Iowa St - allows 32.3 ppg, gave up 49
Texas A&M - allows 31.3 ppg, gave up 28
Okie St - allows 28.2 ppg, gave up 24
Missouri - allows 25.6 ppg, gave up 42
Kansas - allows 47.7 ppg, gave up 31
Oklahoma - allows 24.8 ppg, gave up 45
Texas Tech - allows 42.8 ppg, gave up 66
Texas - allows 23.2 ppg, gave up 48

9-3 in the regular season

So the major difference was their record. Baylor last year was 10-3 and this year they're 6-5. They're basically playing the same people as last year, a few powder puff games and then the Big 12. West Virginia is doing the same this year and they're 6-5.

Both offenses put up monster #'s but their records are horribly different. The big difference is that Baylor had a leader, an "it" guy that lead them to the win in RG3. I just don't see that with Geno Smith.

Not only that but we've seen a player that's got all the NFL tangibles but would throw fits when his team wasn't playing as well as they should be. His name is Josh Freeman and he's been sucking it up after coming in and looking....average his first year.

I'll pass on Geno AND Barkley. I'd rather aim for McCarron (who ISN'T Croyle 2.0) or Tyler Wilson from Arkansas.

OPLookn
11-27-2012, 01:49 PM
If Geno smith is such a football nerd then why he is he taunting opposing teams fans, throwing up game signs and such. A student of the game, one would think, would be more humble. And it's not like he was a mizzou qb going to Kansas. Or Ohio st and Michigan it was Texas. Pretty immature if you ask me what's he going to act like when he's a millionaire then.

We can put these guys up on a pedestal if we want but the bottom line that this is a 22 yr old kid. If you can seriously sit there and tell me that you knew a 22 yr old kid that never did stupid things I've got a shiny new $100 bill here for you.

Not excusing it, just saying young kids do stupid things. Eventually they grow up and grow out of it.

nigeriannightmare
11-27-2012, 04:27 PM
We can put these guys up on a pedestal if we want but the bottom line that this is a 22 yr old kid. If you can seriously sit there and tell me that you knew a 22 yr old kid that never did stupid things I've got a shiny new $100 bill here for you.

Not excusing it, just saying young kids do stupid things. Eventually they grow up and grow out of it.

I understand that completely. He's a kid figuring things out. But a cornerstone to your franchise isn't someone that you need to grow up, it's someone who you know will lead you not hope he grows out of it.

AussieChiefsFan
11-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Nope. Our biggest hole is an inept GM that doesn't know how to build a football team.

I meant on the field.

NickelBkC
11-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Geno looks better but it's a little early, wait for combine to decide

Bike
11-29-2012, 11:31 AM
I meant on the field.
Yep. Qb is definetly our biggest hole. But our lines aren't far behind. Both lines. I said this 4 years ago. BUILD THE LINES FIRST! Whatever qb we decide on, he needs some protection.
That said, I say trade out of our first pick grab McClarren, Wilson, or Bray - whoever - later in the 1st round, and use our extra picks to build these lines. For this to happen, we'll have to bring in a GM/Coach with the savvy to get this done!

Ryfo18
11-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Yep. Qb is definetly our biggest hole. But our lines aren't far behind. Both lines. I said this 4 years ago. BUILD THE LINES FIRST! Whatever qb we decide on, he needs some protection.
That said, I say trade out of our first pick grab McClarren, Wilson, or Bray - whoever - later in the 1st round, and use our extra picks to build these lines. For this to happen, we'll have to bring in a GM/Coach with the savvy to get this done!

I feel like the offensive line apologist for this site, but this O-line is tops in the league. ProFootballFocus has the Chiefs having the 4th best line: Offensive Line Rankings: Week 10 Update | ProFootballFocus.com (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/13/offensive-line-rankings-week-10-update/)

I consistently watch (and re-watch on NFL Game Rewind) and see the line blocking well. It takes a beating by the casual observer when our QBs (Cassel especially) are back there, the first read is covered, and they have no idea what to do.

This is also worth a re-post (also from ProFootballFocus)...

Cassel takes the 7th longest among all QBs to get rid of the ball (on average 2.83 seconds). However, he has the 5th best number in the amount of time it takes before he is sacked (3.78 seconds). This says a lot about how well the line is doing, despite the poor QB play.

Simply put, when you have a QB who can't go through his progressions, it's a recipe for disaster when his first read is covered.

I thought that this line would get destroyed by Von Miller with backup LT Donald Stephenson plugged in. Miller ended up with 1 sack and no other QB hits.

OPLookn
11-29-2012, 01:17 PM
I feel like the offensive line apologist for this site, but this O-line is tops in the league. ProFootballFocus has the Chiefs having the 4th best line: Offensive Line Rankings: Week 10 Update | ProFootballFocus.com (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/13/offensive-line-rankings-week-10-update/)

I consistently watch (and re-watch on NFL Game Rewind) and see the line blocking well. It takes a beating by the casual observer when our QBs (Cassel especially) are back there, the first read is covered, and they have no idea what to do.

Cassel takes the 7th longest among all QBs to get rid of the ball (on average 2.83 seconds). However, he has the 5th best number in the amount of time it takes before he is sacked (3.78 seconds). This says a lot about how well the line is doing, despite the poor QB play.

Simply put, when you have a QB who can't go through his progressions, it's a recipe for disaster when his first read is covered.

I thought that this line would get destroyed by Von Miller with backup LT Donald Stephenson plugged in. Miller ended up with 1 sack and no other QB hits.

I agree with you about the O-line although we do still need depth. This can be addressed through FA or late round project picks.

My bigger question is what do you think about the D-Line? Let's assume that Dorsey is gone and Jackson restructures. That'd leave us with (Bailey, Powe) for RDE, Poe at NT and Jackson at LDE. Do we still need more top tier (read 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks) for the D-line? We started to get to Peyton but that's simply because as you or someone else said earlier our secondary put a blanket over Denver's WR's.

Poe will be in his 2nd year so I'm good with keeping him. Put Powe as his back up. Jackson has been good with the rush and can take up a double team but even with our LB's don't seem to get to the QB enough. Bailey seems to be the same even though this is his second year. Do we let these guys have time to grow together? Are we at depth filling time too(4th - 7th rounders or FA)?

To me we need another guard in the 3rd or 4th. Someone that can step in if/when our guys go down. This patchwork we have going on now (getting an UFA from Iowa State off waver wires?!?) isn't going to work long term. Same goes with our D-line unless Shaun Smith stays I think we need more depth.

Teo has been tearing it up. I'd LOVE to see Belcher finally replaced and then we'd be pretty much set in our LB'er core for years to come. Pick up a QB or trade our two 3rds to get back into the first to get our new QB. So here's my thoughts...IF no QB really asserts himself as a top tier guy that should go first.

1st - Teo
2nd/trade back into 1st - Wilson
3rd/4th (Hopefully we have one third left) - best guard available.
5th - best WR available
6th - best WR available
7th - best fullback available

A QB does assert himself as top tier guy:
1st - best QB
2nd - best WR
3rd - best WR available
3rd- best CB available
4th - best guard available
5th - best safety available
6th - best fullback available (yes in the 6th!)
7th - best guard available

Thoughts?

Ryfo18
11-29-2012, 05:01 PM
I agree with you about the O-line although we do still need depth. This can be addressed through FA or late round project picks.

My bigger question is what do you think about the D-Line? Let's assume that Dorsey is gone and Jackson restructures. That'd leave us with (Bailey, Powe) for RDE, Poe at NT and Jackson at LDE. Do we still need more top tier (read 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks) for the D-line? We started to get to Peyton but that's simply because as you or someone else said earlier our secondary put a blanket over Denver's WR's.

I think you bring back Shaun Smith. He can pretty much play anywhere. I don't think you use another early pick on a 3-4 DE though. Next year is the time when guys like Bailey and Powe will have to step up. They've had 2 years to groom now. You take these guys in the mid rounds for a reason, and that's to groom them to take over someday (but obviously not right away).

I would like to see some sort 3rd down situational pass rusher at the DE position though. We get none of that with what we have.

doobs_05
11-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Also lets not get to excited until the combine is done. T'eo could have a terrible bowl game and a terrible combine, same thing with all these QBs.

#58ChiefsFan
11-29-2012, 08:00 PM
I think you bring back Shaun Smith. He can pretty much play anywhere. I don't think you use another early pick on a 3-4 DE though. Next year is the time when guys like Bailey and Powe will have to step up. They've had 2 years to groom now. You take these guys in the mid rounds for a reason, and that's to groom them to take over someday (but obviously not right away).

I would like to see some sort 3rd down situational pass rusher at the DE position though. We get none of that with what we have.

Pitoitua has played well at times and is worth bringing back if he can stay healthy.

jap1
11-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Also lets not get to excited until the combine is done. T'eo could have a terrible bowl game and a terrible combine, same thing with all these QBs.

I would love to see Manti haev a terrible bowl and or combine. Only so that his stock will drop, making it easier for us to try and grab him. LOL.
Honestly, I dont care what his combine numbers are, he has that IT factor! It shows in the game footage. When it is crunch time he is blasting through the line making plays.

jap1
11-29-2012, 08:35 PM

Poe will be in his 2nd year so I'm good with keeping him. Put Powe as his back up. Jackson has been good with the rush and can take up a double team but even with our LB's don't seem to get to the QB enough. Bailey seems to be the same even though this is his second year. Do we let these guys have time to grow together? Are we at depth filling time too(4th - 7th rounders or FA)?

To me we need another guard in the 3rd or 4th. Someone that can step in if/when our guys go down. This patchwork we have going on now (getting an UFA from Iowa State off waver wires?!?) isn't going to work long term. Same goes with our D-line unless Shaun Smith stays I think we need more depth.

Teo has been tearing it up. I'd LOVE to see Belcher finally replaced and then we'd be pretty much set in our LB'er core for years to come. Pick up a QB or trade our two 3rds to get back into the first to get our new QB. So here's my thoughts...IF no QB really asserts himself as a top tier guy that should go first.

1st - Teo
2nd/trade back into 1st - Wilson
3rd/4th (Hopefully we have one third left) - best guard available.
5th - best WR available
6th - best WR available
7th - best fullback available

A QB does assert himself as top tier guy:
1st - best QB
2nd - best WR
3rd - best WR available
3rd- best CB available
4th - best guard available
5th - best safety available
6th - best fullback available (yes in the 6th!)
7th - best guard available

Thoughts?

I dont object to either of these except I would prefer to see the guard you mention to be a G/C. Also, I dont think we need two WR, I would rather see the best of WR/CB/ILB instead. Good C/G prospects can easily be had in the 3rd, 4th and even 5th rounds.

AussieChiefsFan
11-30-2012, 12:37 AM

↑↑↑↑

Bike
11-30-2012, 12:55 PM
We are 1-10. Both of these lines SUCK.

OPLookn
11-30-2012, 12:58 PM
I dont object to either of these except I would prefer to see the guard you mention to be a G/C. Also, I dont think we need two WR, I would rather see the best of WR/CB/ILB instead. Good C/G prospects can easily be had in the 3rd, 4th and even 5th rounds.

A G/C combo would definitely be preferred. I just kind of figured by default that's the type of guy we'd get.

But I do disagree about the need for two WR's. I'd say the odds are higher then not that Bowe leaves after this year. That leaves us with a 3rd year WR that hasn't shown a lot (for a variety of reasons). Breaston...well who the heck knows what is going on with Breaston. After that we have unproven commodities. We've GOT to try to find a #1 WR and to me that takes two picks. Heck maybe we get lucky and get a #1 AND #2 out of it and make Baldwin try to step up. Past Bowe there's not a whole lot of depth though.

Bike
11-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Neither Barkley of Smith will make it as a NFL qb. Ala Leinert/Young. Watch - you'll see.

OPLookn
11-30-2012, 01:47 PM

I'd be down with that. Someone to replace Jackson on 3rd downs. Heck that might even help Jackson out by giving him more breathers.

I know that in a 3-4 the D-line's job is to take up blocks but when our LB'er rushs it looks like we've got a bad 4-3 line. The question I have is just how import are sacks to a team? You'd think that they're very important and would indicate how often you get pressure on the QB. I thought so too until I went back and found this.

Year Record Sack position Coach
2002 8-8 11th Vermeil
2003 13-3 19th Vermeil
2004 7-9 32nd Vermeil
2005 10-6 29th Vermeil
2006 9-7 26th Edwards
2007 4-12 17th Edwards
2008 2-14 6th Edwards
2009 4-12 17th Haley
2010 10-6 17th Haley
2011 7-9 23rd Haley
2012 1-10 27th Crennel

In the Vermeil era I know we just outscored opponents so I can deal with that. But just how important are sacks? I'd be curious to look at team that has done good in sacks and see where they land in terms of a record.

It makes me wonder when our best year for sacks (2008) was our worst record (barring us finishing 1-15 this year).

Ryfo18
11-30-2012, 01:57 PM
I'd be down with that. Someone to replace Jackson on 3rd downs. Heck that might even help Jackson out by giving him more breathers.

I know that in a 3-4 the D-line's job is to take up blocks but when our LB'er rushs it looks like we've got a bad 4-3 line. The question I have is just how import are sacks to a team? You'd think that they're very important and would indicate how often you get pressure on the QB. I thought so too until I went back and found this.

2002 8-8 11th Vermeil
2003 13-3 19th Vermeil
2004 7-9 32nd Vermeil
2005 10-6 29th Vermeil
2006 9-7 26th Edwards
2007 4-12 17th Edwards
2008 2-14 6th Edwards
2009 4-12 17th Haley
2010 10-6 17th Haley
2011 7-9 23rd Haley
2012 1-10 27th Crennel

In the Vermeil era I know we just outscored opponents so I can deal with that. But just how important are sacks? I'd be curious to look at team that has done good in sacks and see where they land in terms of a record.

It makes me wonder when our best year for sacks (2008) was our worst record (barring us finishing 1-15 this year).

That's part of the reason we need a 3-4 DE that can get at the passer (a la JJ Watt). Granted Watt is a physical speciment of his own and is a once in a blue moon type prospect. I think it's easy for teams to chip Houston or Hali though w/ a RB and completely eliminate our pass rush since nobody else can get at the QB.

AussieChiefsFan
11-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Neither Barkley of Smith will make it as a NFL qb. Ala Leinert/Young. Watch - you'll see.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Jack-Donaghy-Facepalm.gif

Lord-Chiefy
11-30-2012, 08:59 PM
I'd rather go back to 4-3 D

brdempsey69
12-01-2012, 12:55 AM

2002 8-8 11th Vermeil
2003 13-3 19th Vermeil
2004 7-9 32nd Vermeil
2005 10-6 29th Vermeil
2006 9-7 26th Edwards
2007 4-12 17th Edwards
2008 2-14 6th Edwards
2009 4-12 17th Haley
2010 10-6 17th Haley
2011 7-9 23rd Haley
2012 1-10 27th Crennel

I can answer that. The Chiefs Defense only had 10 sacks in 2008. The numbers posted are wrong regarding 2008. Here is the correct numbers.

Kansas City Chiefs Stats at NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/statistics?season=2008&team=KC&seasonType=)

AussieChiefsFan
12-01-2012, 01:23 AM
I can answer that. The Chiefs Defense only had 10 sacks in 2008. The numbers posted are wrong regarding 2008. Here is the correct numbers.

Kansas City Chiefs Stats at NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/statistics?season=2008&team=KC&seasonType=)

Was thinking that too

Guru
12-01-2012, 04:21 AM

I would take just about any of the tier one QBs with our second pick if they fell to us or if we trade up to get them.

Chiefster
12-01-2012, 08:55 AM
I would take just about any of the tier one QBs with our second pick if they fell to us or if we trade up to get them.

Yeah except then the question would be: Who/what would we trade?

chiefnut
12-01-2012, 01:33 PM
did you know geno smith is only the 10th best rated QB according to the ncaa, barkley is 14th?

rodu
12-01-2012, 03:00 PM
just wondering, what does everyone think we should do with our offense, stay with the two TE sets, or go back to a I form FB and RB sets?

chiefnut
12-01-2012, 03:34 PM
the way we are passing, the wing T

Lord-Chiefy
12-01-2012, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=OPLookn

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Well thanks..looks like we are replacing Belcher!!!!

NOt cool dude...

AkChief49
12-02-2012, 12:57 AM
the way we are passing, the wing T
There is also the wishbone and single wing:D

AussieChiefsFan
12-02-2012, 01:26 AM
did you know geno smith is only the 10th best rated QB according to the ncaa, barkley is 14th?Where did you manage to find that?

Ryfo18
12-02-2012, 02:44 AM
I know it's just KU, but Geno was nuts today: 23/24, 407 yards, 3 TDs and a pick. Can we just put him on the team now to get a head start on next year?

chiefnut
12-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Where did you manage to find that?

ESPN, Then NCAA football, then statistics, then QBs

most of the higher rated ones are underclassmen, which is why this seems to be a weak year for QBs

chiefnut
12-02-2012, 12:35 PM
I know it's just KU, but Geno was nuts today: 23/24, 407 yards, 3 TDs and a pick. Can we just put him on the team now to get a head start on next year?

yeah , baldinger was quite impressed, said he made every type of throw from touch to rope.

matthewschiefs
12-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Forget every QB talked about here Draft this kid

Cam Newton NFL Play 60 Commercial - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKphr02LRZ0)

AussieChiefsFan
12-03-2012, 02:37 AM

It's incredible how some people still believe he isn't worth the Chiefs drafting. It's beyond me....

AkChief49
12-03-2012, 06:49 AM
It's incredible how some people still believe he isn't worth the Chiefs drafting. It's beyond me....
It's just a matter of opinion, Aussie. If you could prove to me right now that Geno would work 1/2 as hard as Cassel does, I'd say "heck yeah", draft him. I'd be happy to run the card to the podium in April!!

Our history with drafting QB's has me on the sidelines wanting to be shown a little more first.

AkChief49
12-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Forget every QB talked about here Draft this kid

Cam Newton NFL Play 60 Commercial - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKphr02LRZ0)

Love this commercial!!:lol:

remember this one?

John Randle - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBddPh4kqRg)

nigeriannightmare
12-03-2012, 08:20 AM

It's because he's so far down own most draft boards. We are most likely picking in the top 4. I have seen him rated number 10. This just isn't a deep qb class and that's just the truth of it. This organization has reached enough on picks to fill needs. If we can trade down to 7,8,9 then yeah grab him. My hunch though is the combine will expose him. Outside of rgiii, spread qbs really don't have a lot of NFL success.

So he had a monster game against Kansas. Have u seen them play, they lose to 1-aa schools. He played poorly against better teams they had a 5 game skid I believe.

chiefnut
12-03-2012, 09:28 AM
If we were to draft #1 he would be overvalued, if we are picking between 5-10 then i think most would be happy taking him

OPLookn
12-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Well thanks..looks like we are replacing Belcher!!!!

NOt cool dude...

You're kidding right? Yeah, I forced him to do what he did. That comment was before anything had happened.

You definitely win a Chris Carter award. C'MON man!

Ryfo18
12-03-2012, 03:24 PM
It's because he's so far down own most draft boards. We are most likely picking in the top 4. I have seen him rated number 10.

If you're referring to Kiper, remember that he had Jimmy Clausen as the top QB and 4th overall rated player in 2010. This doesn't speak loudly for his QB evaluation skills.

brdempsey69
12-03-2012, 04:32 PM
If you're referring to Kiper, remember that he had Jimmy Clausen as the top QB and 4th overall rated player in 2010. This doesn't speak loudly for his QB evaluation skills.

Agreed. One would do better to listen more closely to Mike Mayock these days.

Ryfo18
12-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Agreed. One would do better to listen more closely to Mike Mayock these days.

Love him...and unfortunately his board doesn't really take shape until after the Senior Bowl. Though as much as I love Mayock, he was as high as anyone on Blaine Gabbert in 2011.

Just goes to show that nobody truly knows how these guys will pan out and to the same extent that you scout and love a player, there's still a lot of luck involved. The only guys I hope get it right are the hired scouts of the Chiefs.

AussieChiefsFan
12-04-2012, 04:00 AM
It's because he's so far down own most draft boards. We are most likely picking in the top 4. I have seen him rated number 10. This just isn't a deep qb class and that's just the truth of it. This organization has reached enough on picks to fill needs. If we can trade down to 7,8,9 then yeah grab him. My hunch though is the combine will expose him. Outside of rgiii, spread qbs really don't have a lot of NFL success.

So he had a monster game against Kansas. Have u seen them play, they lose to 1-aa schools. He played poorly against better teams they had a 5 game skid I believe.

vs Kansas wasnt first great game

nigeriannightmare
12-04-2012, 07:50 AM
vs Kansas wasnt first great game

5 game losing streak went from Heisman front runner to not even close.

Ryfo18
12-04-2012, 10:07 AM

Regardless, I feel that Geno has more talent than any QB currently on the roster. Getting him on the first team is the first step. Developing him into a stud NFL quarterback will be the hard part. Regardless, the tools are there to be successful at this level.

Bike
12-04-2012, 11:53 AM
A 10 loss team (so far) that has as many holes as we do should take the best player available. If management (whoever it is at draft time) decides that Geno is the bpa - then I have no problem with them taking him at no. 1. I personally think that we need a replacement for Belcher. Teams are using tight ends more and more, and we need somebody to match up with them. If I was the GM, I would take Te'o (if we can't trade down). I would then take Tyler Wilson or Tyler Bray (whoever available) with our 2nd pick and let him fight it out with Quinn and Tanney.

nigeriannightmare
12-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Regardless, I feel that Geno has more talent than any QB currently on the roster. Getting him on the first team is the first step. Developing him into a stud NFL quarterback will be the hard part. Regardless, the tools are there to be successful at this level.

So we draft Geno, who is the guy gonna be to coach. Are the chiefs capable enough to bring in the right coaches. This is all so freaking frustrating. We get home here and who is gonna be able to teach him. Trent green maybe?

matthewschiefs
12-04-2012, 04:55 PM
So we draft Geno, who is the guy gonna be to coach. Are the chiefs capable enough to bring in the right coaches. This is all so freaking frustrating. We get home here and who is gonna be able to teach him. Trent green maybe?

ANYONE to teach him that's not Romeo,Daboll,zorn they have proven they can't get the job done.

MyManHali
12-04-2012, 05:26 PM
ANYONE to teach him that's not Romeo,Daboll,zorn they have proven they can't get the job done.

Jay Gruden.

matthewschiefs
12-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Jay Gruden.

I would be open to that.

AussieChiefsFan
12-05-2012, 01:48 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

jap1
12-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Jay Gruden.
With the new rumor of Oakland going after Jon Gruden to come back and coach them, I doubt Jay Gruden would consider coaching in the AFC West.

Lord-Chiefy
12-05-2012, 08:35 PM
We need to go after Jon gruden hard

JPPT1974
12-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Everybody seems to want Geno Smith as the perfect fit for the offense. Well we shall see!

Lord-Chiefy
12-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Draft Teo!!!!!!!@@@!

Hayvern
12-06-2012, 09:48 PM
With the new rumor of Oakland going after Jon Gruden to come back and coach them, I doubt Jay Gruden would consider coaching in the AFC West.

Really Jon Gruden back to Oakland, I guess with the Crypt Keeper gone, maybe things would be better.

I still think Marty will come in as GM and Brian will come in as head coach this off season, call me crazy.

AussieChiefsFan
12-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Draft Teo!!!!!!!@@@!

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/attachments/off-topics/24768d1343102548-why-canada-america-cant-tell-if-troll-just-stupid.jpg

Ryfo18
12-07-2012, 01:53 AM
Once again, Teo's a good college player. Not gonna be the first round pick that turns this team around. Only a QB can do that.

In Geno We Trust.

AussieChiefsFan
12-07-2012, 02:50 AM
Once again, Teo's a good college player. Not gonna be the first round pick that turns this team around. Only a QB can do that.

In Geno We Trust.

This

MyManHali
12-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Always knew Ryfo was a smart man, however I dont have as much faith in fat scott, assuming Teo is a "High Character" individual fat scott will fall in love with him, and he will become the next mike maslowski.

AussieChiefsFan
12-07-2012, 07:02 AM
Always knew Ryfo was a smart man, however I dont have as much faith in fat scott, assuming Teo is a "High Character" individual fat scott will fall in love with him, and he will become the next mike maslowski.You dont think Pioli is gone after this season?

MyManHali
12-07-2012, 07:30 AM
You dont think Pioli is gone after this season?

Aussie this is New World Order from CP.

Ugh, I thought for sure he was before this Belcher thing, now I am not so sure. Especially if they beat cleveland and oakland. Denver might be resting their starters for a half, so that may even be a win.

Time for players to start faking injuries and go on IR.

Guru
12-07-2012, 08:17 AM
If Denver is in the hunt for the 1st round bye or homefield throughout, they will not be resting their starters.

Ryfo18
12-07-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm not sure if Pioli will be back or not. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised either way.

doobs_05
12-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Always knew Ryfo was a smart man, however I dont have as much faith in fat scott, assuming Teo is a "High Character" individual fat scott will fall in love with him, and he will become the next mike maslowski.

Geno could be the next Jamarcus Russell, or the next Tom Brady, same with Te'o being the next Ray Lewis (minus killing someone.......i'm kidding....or am I?) All i worry about is reaching WAY to much.

Ryfo18
12-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Geno could be the next Jamarcus Russell, or the next Tom Brady, same with Te'o being the next Ray Lewis (minus killing someone.......i'm kidding....or am I?) All i worry about is reaching WAY to much.

So if we're at the point that both could be huge busts or franchise changers, why not take the guy that plays the most important position (and also our worst position) on the field?

doobs_05
12-07-2012, 12:48 PM
I'll stand here right now and say QBs from this draft (that are ranked in the first 2 rounds come draft day) will not pan out in the NFL

I'm trying to think of a friendly bet we could make

MyManHali
12-08-2012, 12:32 AM

Te'o could be the next Aaron Cury, you have no point here. Every position has busts, we are fine at LB, we need a QB. You want to play conservative and stay in the 8-8 range every year?

We need to try, ATLEAST TRY. Stop being so conservative, you have the top pick then pull the f'ing trigger.

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Te'o could be the next Aaron Cury, you have no point here. Every position has busts, we are fine at LB, we need a QB. You want to play conservative and stay in the 8-8 range every year?

We need to try, ATLEAST TRY. Stop being so conservative, you have the top pick then pull the f'ing trigger.

So the guy who is Heisman finalist who is the lifeblood of his team is comparable to Aaron curry?????? Really????? Secondly the stock of Geno smith and Matt Barkley are continuing to drop I have seen Geno as low as 15 and Barkley at 22. You would reach for a qb with the number 1 or 2 pick in the draft when we could get a guy who is the best athlete in draft and get a comparable qb in either the late 1st or early 2nd. We have drafted for need a lot2 of your fave picks Dorsey and Jackson because of need and not best player available.

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2012, 07:20 AM
The only thing manti and Aaron have in common is that they both won the dick Butkus award. Manti has won just about every award a defensive player can win and is likely to finish second or maybe even with the Heisman.

But Geno "the football need" smith who is a student of the game likes to throw gang signs and taunt from the sidelines. Yeah give him a fat contract it won't get to his head. Does Geno have more upside than manti u bet but until he proves me wrong at the combine, which he will have to throw at I will have my reservations. Last years qb class was so deep a lot of them didn't have to throw. So no Geno until I see it with my own eyes.

Ryfo18
12-08-2012, 09:55 AM
So the guy who is Heisman finalist who is the lifeblood of his team is comparable to Aaron curry?????? Really????? Secondly the stock of Geno smith and Matt Barkley are continuing to drop I have seen Geno as low as 15 and Barkley at 22. You would reach for a qb with the number 1 or 2 pick in the draft when we could get a guy who is the best athlete in draft and get a comparable qb in either the late 1st or early 2nd. We have drafted for need a lot2 of your fave picks Dorsey and Jackson because of need and not best player available.

Please don't use the Heisman award as evidence that a guy will be a good NFL player. Look at this list going back to 2000:

2011: Robert Griffin III
2010: Cam Newton
2009: Mark Ingram
2008: Sam Bradford
2007: Tim Tebow
2006: Troy Smith
2004: Matt Leinart
2003: Jason WHite
2002: Carson Palmer
2001: Eric Crouch
2000: Chris Weinke

Smith's stock is not dropping. He's the top QB in this draft. He's accurate, throws a deep ball, and is athletic enough to use his feet to make plays.

I mean, I don't get how 50% of the people on this site (at least it seems like that) DON'T want to draft THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT. The Chiefs haven't had a quarterback they drafted win a game since 1987 in Todd Blackledge. Coincidentally, they haven't drafted a 1st round quarterback since Blackledge. They haven't won a playoff game since 1993, and yet everyone is fine w/ getting a quarterback w/ less talent in the 2nd round? Is this real life? Do we really just want to continue sucking year in and year out because we continue to ignore the most important position on the field?

I'm sorry, I just can't understand the logic of some here.

On one hand we have a Chiefs team that has 8, yes 8 touchdown passes in 12 weeks compared to 16 interceptions.

Then we have the fact that this team averages 15.7 points per game (2nd worst in the league next to Arizona at 15.5). They went from week 5 to week 12 and scored only 3 touchdowns.

But yes, let's bring in a linebacker that everyone is hyping up because his team is playing in the national championship and he's a heisman candidate, and draft a quarterback later in the draft, from a pool of candidates that is admittedly "weak." That makes no sense, especially when you have the most talented option (Geno) available for your taking. Matt Ryan, by the way, also wasn't a highly coveted can't miss prospect. Do you think the Dolphins are kicking themselves for drafting Jake Long instead?

If you don't read anything else in this post, please read this: It especially doesn't make sense to draft a linebacker because that position is increasingly being phased out as teams go more pass heavy. Think of it this way, Te'o is only going to play on obvious running situations. Why is that? Because as teams bring out 3/4 WR personnel, the Chiefs have to counter by bringing out their Nickel CB. So who do you take off the field? Pass rushers Houston/Hali? NO. Derrick Johnson? NO. Te'o won't even be a 3-down player for this defense folks!

Geno is the closest thing to a franchise QB in this draft. There is absolutely zero reason to risk missing out on a franchise QB (a foreign term to this franchise and it's fans) so we can take a middle linebacker.

/end rant

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Please don't use the Heisman award as evidence that a guy will be a good NFL player. Look at this list going back to 2000:

Smith's stock is not dropping. He's the top QB in this draft. He's accurate, throws a deep ball, and is athletic enough to use his feet to make plays.

I mean, I don't get how 50% of the people on this site (at least it seems like that) DON'T want to draft THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT. The Chiefs haven't had a quarterback they drafted win a game since 1987 in Todd Blackledge. Coincidentally, they haven't drafted a 1st round quarterback since Blackledge. They haven't won a playoff game since 1993, and yet everyone is fine w/ getting a quarterback w/ less talent in the 2nd round? Is this real life? Do we really just want to continue sucking year in and year out because we continue to ignore the most important position on the field?

On one hand we have a Chiefs team that has 8, yes 8 touchdown passes in 12 weeks compared to 16 interceptions.

Then we have the fact that this team averages 15.7 points per game (2nd worst in the league next to Arizona at 15.5). They went from week 5 to week 12 and scored only 3 touchdowns.

But yes, let's bring in a linebacker that everyone is hyping up because his team is playing in the national championship and he's a heisman candidate, and draft a quarterback later in the draft, from a pool of candidates that is admittedly "weak." That makes no sense, especially when you have the most talented option (Geno) available for your taking. Matt Ryan, by the way, also wasn't a highly coveted can't miss prospect. Do you think the Dolphins are kicking themselves for drafting Jake Long instead?

If you don't read anything else in this post, please read this: It especially doesn't make sense to draft a linebacker because that position is increasingly being phased out as teams go more pass heavy. Think of it this way, Te'o is only going to play on obvious running situations. Why is that? Because as teams bring out 3/4 WR personnel, the Chiefs have to counter by bringing out their Nickel CB. So who do you take off the field? Pass rushers Houston/Hali? NO. Derrick Johnson? NO. Te'o won't even be a 3-down player for this defense folks!

Geno is the closest thing to a franchise QB in this draft. There is absolutely zero reason to risk missing out on a franchise QB (a foreign term to this franchise and it's fans) so we can take a middle linebacker.

/pend rant

I do understand the points you are making. You just aren't willing to give my opinion, which is just that, any thought. The chiefs have drafted out of need instead of taking the best player available recently. All I am saying that the possibility of getting te'o and Tyler Wilson is better than drafting Geno. The space between talent at the position isn't gonna be that different, IMO, after the combine. IMO that the qbs are gonna be bunched together. While yes Geno may well go in the top 5 but the qb picked I the latter part of the first round will have every bit of the opportunity to be a franchise qb also.

Oh and looking at your Heisman list, I am a football dumbarse apparently, but I don't see any LB on it. Or am I wrong.

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2012, 10:49 AM
From what I understand te'o has the speed and size to cover the bigger tight ends in this league which seem to kill us so I think new schemes could be created for him.

Ryfo18
12-08-2012, 10:53 AM
I do understand the points you are making. You just aren't willing to give my opinion, which is just that, any thought. The chiefs have drafted out of need instead of taking the best player available recently. All I am saying that the possibility of getting te'o and Tyler Wilson is better than drafting Geno. The space between talent at the position isn't gonna be that different, IMO, after the combine. IMO that the qbs are gonna be bunched together. While yes Geno may well go in the top 5 but the qb picked I the latter part of the first round will have every bit of the opportunity to be a franchise qb also.

Oh and looking at your Heisman list, I am a football dumbarse apparently, but I don't see any LB on it. Or am I wrong.

That's fair, we're both entitled to our opinion. I'll say this, if the Chiefs are going to go defense, then they'd be better served by getting Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama. He's a top 5 prospect that plays a more important position in this pass heavy league. And he's going to be an every down player. Te'o won't be that.

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2012, 11:26 AM
That's fair, we're both entitled to our opinion. I'll say this, if the Chiefs are going to go defense, then they'd be better served by getting Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama. He's a top 5 prospect that plays a more important position in this pass heavy league. And he's going to be an every down player. Te'o won't be that.

I am just saying take the best player whoever that may be and if its not a qb there's no need to fret we can still get one in the second.

Bike
12-08-2012, 11:48 AM
I mean, I don't get how 50% of the people on this site (at least it seems like that) DON'T want to draft THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT.
Because "THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT" Simply hasn't been. Look at this list of "THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT" over the past 10 years:
David Carr
Joey Harrington
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer
Alex Smith
Vince Young
Jamarcus Russell
Matt Ryan
Mathew Stafford
Sam Bradford
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck
Out of those 12, maybe 3 stand out as franchise QB's. Do you really trust Pioli (Cassel - FAIL) to make this decision? I say NO. With the 1st pick, just draft the BPA. I don't see any Mannings, Ryans, Lucks, RG3s in this draft. If Pioli/Crennel are relieved of their duties, only then would I be open to Geno Smith.

Ryfo18
12-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Because "THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT" Simply hasn't been. Look at this list of "THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT" over the past 10 years:
David Carr
Joey Harrington
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer
Alex Smith
Vince Young
Jamarcus Russell
Matt Ryan
Mathew Stafford
Sam Bradford
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck
Out of those 12, maybe 3 stand out as franchise QB's. Do you really trust Pioli (Cassel - FAIL) to make this decision? I say NO. With the 1st pick, just draft the BPA. I don't see any Mannings, Ryans, Lucks, RG3s in this draft. If Pioli/Crennel are relieved of their duties, only then would I be open to Geno Smith.

3? I'd say there is 5 on that list that will be starters in this league for 10+ years. Luck, Newton, Stafford, Ryan, Manning. Palmer, Bradford, and Alex Smith are also better than any QB we have on the roster. So there's 4 that are true busts. That's a 66% success rate, with 5 legit top talent quarterbacks.

MyManHali
12-08-2012, 01:53 PM

Yeah because every heisman candidate has never been a bust. Please.

Chiefs Crowd still doesn't understand the need to take risk, we have to. Every super bowl champion since the 2005 season has done it. We are ABSOLUTELY FINE at the linebacker position, we don't need Teo. We need a quarterb

MyManHali
12-08-2012, 01:54 PM
David Carr
Joey Harrington
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer
Alex Smith
Vince Young
Jamarcus Russell
Matt Ryan
Mathew Stafford
Sam Bradford
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck

Most of the successful teams in the NFL have qb's drafted in the first round. It's time we take that step. You want to keep playing it safe like we have been doing the past 4 seasons? It is why we are 2-10

MyManHali
12-08-2012, 01:57 PM
The only thing manti and Aaron have in common is that they both won the dick Butkus award. Manti has won just about every award a defensive player can win and is likely to finish second or maybe even with the Heisman.

But Geno "the football need" smith who is a student of the game likes to throw gang signs and taunt from the sidelines. Yeah give him a fat contract it won't get to his head. Does Geno have more upside than manti u bet but until he proves me wrong at the combine, which he will have to throw at I will have my reservations. Last years qb class was so deep a lot of them didn't have to throw. So no Geno until I see it with my own eyes.

Dude, i was using Curry as an example, Teo could be a bust as well, you dont know. It's this kind of conservative thinking that leads us to losing seasons, and we have been losing for too long.

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Dude, i was using Curry as an example, Teo could be a bust as well, you dont know. It's this kind of conservative thinking that leads us to losing seasons, and we have been losing for too long.

Dude it's not conservative. If all the qbs or at least the top 4 are all picked to go mid to late first round why can't we have both?????? Why can't we take the best player available and still get a qb within the same talent level as the smith. We are talking about the number 1 or number 2 pick bro. So everybody has Geno smith 10 on their draft board ur gonna put him number one when u could get a stud and then a qb of comparable talent like Tyler Wilson later in the first or early second.

matthewschiefs
12-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah because every heisman candidate has never been a bust. Please.

Chiefs Crowd still doesn't understand the need to take risk, we have to. Every super bowl champion since the 2005 season has done it. We are ABSOLUTELY FINE at the linebacker position, we don't need Teo. We need a quarterb

I'm ok with taking risk but we have to many holes to just say ok lets draft a qb 1st round not to look at other spots. Like CB, D line, Qb should be top position we look at but if there's a higher value at anther spot we really need help in we shouldn't take a QB just to take a QB.

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2012, 02:59 PM

There are more high profile busts at the qb position. Ryan leaf, Jamarcus russel, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Matt leinart. I mean come on ur gonna base a best player available selection on extraordinarily high reach, as of right now. Like I said he could wow everyone at the combine and be the sure fire number one but his season has been very up and down.

MyManHali
12-08-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm ok with taking risk but we have to many holes to just say ok lets draft a qb 1st round not to look at other spots. Like CB, D line, Qb should be top position we look at but if there's a higher value at anther spot we really need help in we shouldn't take a QB just to take a QB.

This is the problem I have with your statement. You say we have many holes which is true, but you support the Teo pick. We have holes but linebacker position isn't one of them.

We take the player that can make the most impact on our team, and in my opinion that would be the best quarterback available. Unless you want to trade up out of the second and down mid first round and draft Barkley, because he won't last in the second.

But bottomline, we have holes to fill, why draft a player with the top pick when it isn't a need position?

MyManHali
12-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Dude it's not conservative. If all the qbs or at least the top 4 are all picked to go mid to late first round why can't we have both?????? Why can't we take the best player available and still get a qb within the same talent level as the smith. We are talking about the number 1 or number 2 pick bro. So everybody has Geno smith 10 on their draft board ur gonna put him number one when u could get a stud and then a qb of comparable talent like Tyler Wilson later in the first or early second.

It is conservative, because teo is NOT A NEED POSITION.

matthewschiefs
12-08-2012, 08:38 PM
This is the problem I have with your statement. You say we have many holes which is true, but you support the Teo pick. We have holes but linebacker position isn't one of them.

We take the player that can make the most impact on our team, and in my opinion that would be the best quarterback available. Unless you want to trade up out of the second and down mid first round and draft Barkley, because he won't last in the second.

But bottomline, we have holes to fill, why draft a player with the top pick when it isn't a need position?

I support the Teo pick because to me he has clearly been the best defensive player all year. I don't think there was a clear number 1 Qb this year. I just don't see a guy out there that is at the same level at that spot that Teo is in his. I don't think Teo is a must pick but I would be ok with him. We can still get a Qb it doesn't have to be our 1st round pick. I just think if we were to end up with the 1st pick we shouldn't draft a qb unless he's clearly ahead of the other qbs in this draft I just don't see that at all.

MyManHali
12-08-2012, 08:43 PM
I support the Teo pick because to me he has clearly been the best defensive player all year. I don't think there was a clear number 1 Qb this year. I just don't see a guy out there that is at the same level at that spot that Teo is in his. I don't think Teo is a must pick but I would be ok with him. We can still get a Qb it doesn't have to be our 1st round pick. I just think if we were to end up with the 1st pick we shouldn't draft a qb unless he's clearly ahead of the other qbs in this draft I just don't see that at all.

How is he the best defensive prospect? Teo is not even projected to go top 5. From multiple scouts...

The college director said Te'o, on tape, looks like a "bigger Lofa Tatupu" who can have a Tedy Bruschi-like impact in being a player that a club can build around. And Te'o's leadership ability -- being the centerpiece in the rise of a defense that's been lacking over the past decade, and going undefeated -- won't go unnoticed in April.

Teams throw on first and second down, so you have to be able to run and cover. You don't want liabilities in coverage in your base. I don't think he's a liability. Does he run well enough? He's not speed-deficient, but with his play speed, in covereage, there are some specific guys you'd have questions about.

One agreement here from the evaluators is that while Kuechly might not have been the superior college player, he was a better prospect than Te'o.

He's not even close to being a number 1 pick. I think the Bruschi comparison is perfect for him, that's exactly who he reminds me of.

Honestly what I would do, is trade out of the pick and see if we could get the CB from Bama and Barkley mid round. I think that would be phenominal. I definitely won't be sad if we pick Geno number 1, either way I couldn't care less, as long as we get Geno or Barkley.

matthewschiefs
12-08-2012, 08:51 PM
How is he the best defensive prospect? Teo is not even projected to go top 5. From multiple scouts...

The college director said Te'o, on tape, looks like a "bigger Lofa Tatupu" who can have a Tedy Bruschi-like impact in being a player that a club can build around. And Te'o's leadership ability -- being the centerpiece in the rise of a defense that's been lacking over the past decade, and going undefeated -- won't go unnoticed in April.

Teams throw on first and second down, so you have to be able to run and cover. You don't want liabilities in coverage in your base. I don't think he's a liability. Does he run well enough? He's not speed-deficient, but with his play speed, in covereage, there are some specific guys you'd have questions about.

One agreement here from the evaluators is that while Kuechly might not have been the superior college player, he was a better prospect than Te'o.

He's not even close to being a number 1 pick. I think the Bruschi comparison is perfect for him, that's exactly who he reminds me of.

Honestly what I would do, is trade out of the pick and see if we could get the CB from Bama and Barkley mid round. I think that would be phenominal. I definitely won't be sad if we pick Geno number 1, either way I couldn't care less, as long as we get Geno or Barkley.

I really don't pay attention to what scouts say this time of the year. I can just say he stood out more to me then any other defender. Jarvis Jones from Georgia is anther that stood out. It's just my opinion on it.

Anther Qb i think would be ok to get later is Aaron Murrey from Georgia.

AussieChiefsFan
12-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Aussie this is New World Order from CP.

Ugh, I thought for sure he was before this Belcher thing, now I am not so sure. Especially if they beat cleveland and oakland. Denver might be resting their starters for a half, so that may even be a win.

Time for players to start faking injuries and go on IR.Well apparently DJ and Flowers are mysteriously out this week.

/end rantTHIS

David Carr
Joey Harrington
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer
Alex Smith
Vince Young
Jamarcus Russell
Matt Ryan
Mathew Stafford
Sam Bradford
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck
3?! Are you kidding me?! Luck, Newton, Bradford, Stafford, Ryan, Manning are all sure fire franchise QBs.

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2012, 10:15 PM
It is conservative, because teo is NOT A NEED POSITION.

So getting two picks in the first round is being conservative now. Gotcha. Wow Dorsey and Jackson were picks of need and you all of a sudden want to draft for need instead of the best player available. Gotcha!!!

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Well apparently DJ and Flowers are mysteriously out this week.

THIS

3?! Are you kidding me?! Luck, Newton, Bradford, Stafford, Ryan, Manning are all sure fire franchise QBs.

I don't know abut Bradford take away Stephen Jackson and that defense and its a different season.

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2012, 10:18 PM
And newton has a long way to go to prove he's a franchise qb. Licks team was 2 and 14 now they are 8 and 4 newton has gone from 6 and 10 to maybe that this year.

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2012, 10:35 PM

Did kuechly win as many awards as manti was he second in the Heisman, say whatever the f u want the guy plays lb and was second in the Heisman voting. That has never happened. Your comparisons and taking what people assume of him is an incomplete analysis. One thing I have learned in sports is that some people just have an instinct for the ball it can't be taught it can't be judged in 40 times in bench presses. They are in the right place at the right time. It is just a fact of all sports. His maturity his knack for the football has been evident all year. That's why he's a Heisman finalist. I watch notre dame games and the way this guy energized his team and the fans is AMAZING!!!!!

Ryfo18
12-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Did kuechly win as many awards as manti was he second in the Heisman, say whatever the f u want the guy plays lb and was second in the Heisman voting. That has never happened. Your comparisons and taking what people assume of him is an incomplete analysis. One thing I have learned in sports is that some people just have an instinct for the ball it can't be taught it can't be judged in 40 times in bench presses. They are in the right place at the right time. It is just a fact of all sports. His maturity his knack for the football has been evident all year. That's why he's a Heisman finalist. I watch notre dame games and the way this guy energized his team and the fans is AMAZING!!!!!

So you're a Notre Dame fan and want your favorite player on your favorite NFL team. It's all coming together now.

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2012, 11:25 PM
So you're a Notre Dame fan and want your favorite player on your favorite NFL team. It's all coming together now.

Hey I said I Geno proves he's it then draft him. I watched Geno tht Texas game and the kstate game and was completely unimpressed. His demeanor the way he carries himelf, IMO, he can't handle that kind of burden. And so I watch notre dame football I'm catholic for Christ sale it's like sacrilege to not.

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2012, 11:27 PM
And I'm a mizzou fan first. But have always watched notre dame football.

matthewschiefs
12-08-2012, 11:44 PM

I agree with you. The fact that he as a defensive player was in the running says alot. We live in a age where everyone wants to see great offense. Defense is an afterthought for most people. There's a reason that most the rule changes have favored the offense. The fact that he got the most votes for a defensive player says alot. I don't think that we HAVE to take him I just don't think we can ignoreing him just to draft a qb.

And I'm not a ND fan

Ryfo18
12-09-2012, 12:06 AM
I agree with you. The fact that he as a defensive player was in the running says alot. We live in a age where everyone wants to see great offense. Defense is an afterthought for most people. There's a reason that most the rule changes have favored the offense. The fact that he got the most votes for a defensive player says alot. I don't think that we HAVE to take him I just don't think we can ignoreing him just to draft a qb.

And I'm not a ND fan

Defense is far from an afterthought...but our defense is light years ahead of our offense in terms of talent/production. Again, the offense is 31st in terms of points for.

I ask again, why Te'o? He's not going to be a 3-down player (unless you take DJ off the field), and he's not going to play on other obvious passing downs.

Here's a numerical example. In week 10 the Chiefs played the Steelers. It was a close game. The Steelers were very balanced (33 pass, 29 rush). The Steelers had 65 total offensive snaps (that includes the 33 + 29 plus 3 field goals). Houston/Hali/Flowers/Berry/Lewis/Arenas all played every snap. Belcher played 33 snaps, Jalil Brown came on for the other 32. Belcher played about 50% of the game! That would be Te'o's role! Why spend a top 5 pick on that? Does this turn the light on in your head that "hey, he's right, we don't really need a situational linebacker in the 1st round?"

If you want to go defense, take a CB. I wouldn't have nearly as much beef with that. DeMarcus Milliner is very solid CB prospect.

EDIT: Just for fun I took a look at a game we got blown out in. Belcher played 17/57 snaps vs. the Bills in week 2! Hopefully once we have Geno though, we won't be getting blown out.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Defense is far from an afterthought...but our defense is light years ahead of our offense in terms of talent/production. Again, the offense is 31st in terms of points for.

I ask again, why Te'o? He's not going to be a 3-down player (unless you take DJ off the field), and he's not going to play on other obvious passing downs.

Here's a numerical example. In week 10 the Chiefs played the Steelers. It was a close game. The Steelers were very balanced (33 pass, 29 rush). The Steelers had 65 total offensive snaps (that includes the 33 + 29 plus 3 field goals). Houston/Hali/Flowers/Berry/Lewis/Arenas all played every snap. Belcher played 33 snaps, Jalil Brown came on for the other 32. Belcher played about 50% of the game! That would be Te'o's role! Why spend a top 5 pick on that? Does this turn the light on in your head that "hey, he's right, we don't really need a situational linebacker in the 1st round?"

If you want to go defense, take a CB. I wouldn't have nearly as much beef with that. DeMarcus Milliner is very solid CB prospect.

EDIT: Just for fun I took a look at a game we got blown out in. Belcher played 17/57 snaps vs. the Bills in week 2! Hopefully once we have Geno though, we won't be getting blown out.

Defense is an afterthought to most people is an afterthought. Again there's a reason why there have been far more rule changes that favor the offense.

Teo is a special player. The fact that he as a defensive player was up for the hismen just is proof of that. How many defenders in this day and age are up for that and have a real shot to win it? Special players are not limited by position. They find there way to the ball. they find a way to make an impact in the game. Teo has done that. Can he in the NFL I don't know it doesn't always translate to the NFL for any position. But to just ignore him as a possible pick would be stupid with all he did while with the Irish. If Belecher was a better player and did things as good as Teo has done with the Irish do you really think he would have only played those few of plays? You can't say you know what his role would be with this team. Unless you have been told you're going to be the head coach next year no one on this forum can tell me what his role would be with this team.

But i have a feeling that the only person that you will really be happy about is Geno Smith as you once said to me about Cassel you seem to have a lovefest for him.

Ryfo18
12-09-2012, 12:33 AM
If Belecher was a better player and did things as good as Teo has done with the Irish do you really think he would have only played those few of plays? You can't say you know what his role would be with this team. Unless you have been told you're going to be the head coach next year no one on this forum can tell me what his role would be with this team.

I am 100% positive that Te'o would play about the same number of snaps. He's talented, but he's not going to cover a slot WR is he? Hell no. That's just ridiculous to even consider. So do you take out Derrick Johnson, who is a very solid cover LBer? Do you take out a pass rusher in Hali or Houston?

I've studied the Chiefs schemes. They stay in a base 3-4 in obvious running situations. When the other team goes to 11 personnel, the Chiefs send out their Nickel CB to man the slot. In a 10 personnel or empty set, the Chiefs will bring out another safety or CB and take away a D-end (Jackson or Dorsey).

Sorry guys, it just doesn't work. Keeping 4 linebackers out there in obvious passing situations would put us at a significant disadvantage to defend against speedier wideouts.

Face it, Te'o is the fan favorite Heisman candidate playing in the national championship. He's a Tim Tebow that plays his position very well, if you will. He doesn't fit with the Chiefs. If want defense, draft a CB. I'll be a little upset, but at least you get a guy that's going to play 100% of the time. If you're still not convinced after this info, you're not going to be I'm just wasting my time. I'm finished w/ this subject for now.

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 12:45 AM
So you guys (excluding Ryfo of course, he is the only one who makes sense to me) would rather draft a linebacker, who isn't even made out to be a phenominal player by scouts, for a position we don't even need instead of taking a position or even positions in the first round we desperately need.

I am just making sure I understand this.

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 12:50 AM
I am 100% positive that Te'o would play about the same number of snaps. He's talented, but he's not going to cover a slot WR is he? Hell no. That's just ridiculous to even consider. So do you take out Derrick Johnson, who is a very solid cover LBer? Do you take out a pass rusher in Hali or Houston?

I've studied the Chiefs schemes. They stay in a base 3-4 in obvious running situations. When the other team goes to 11 personnel, the Chiefs send out their Nickel CB to man the slot. In a 10 personnel or empty set, the Chiefs will bring out another safety or CB and take away a D-end (Jackson or Dorsey).

Sorry guys, it just doesn't work. Keeping 4 linebackers out there in obvious passing situations would put us at a significant disadvantage to defend against speedier wideouts.

Face it, Te'o is the fan favorite Heisman candidate playing in the national championship. He's a Tim Tebow that plays his position very well, if you will. He doesn't fit with the Chiefs. If want defense, draft a CB. I'll be a little upset, but at least you get a guy that's going to play 100% of the time. If you're still not convinced after this info, you're not going to be I'm just wasting my time. I'm finished w/ this subject for now.

Exactly, this is just a beautiful post that says everything that needs to be said. He would not even be out there on most third downs, never could he cover a slot WR or a multi purpose back.

If we don't try for the best qb available say hello to more mediocre to bad years.

Get a good CB and draft Barkley in the first round is my vote.

N TX Dave
12-09-2012, 12:51 AM
I can see not taking Te'o but on the other hand I can see not taking a QB with the first pick unless there one that pulls away from the other QB that should be drafted 1st. If a QB comes in at a top 5 pick in most mock drafts I would be okay taking one with the 1st, but if there is no QB rated in the first 10 picks we should pick the BPA in a position of need, I don't think we need a offensive lineman, maybe a DT, but we need some more DBs, I don't really want to spend another 1st on a WR.

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 12:54 AM
This is what we need:

QB, CB as well as CB depth, WR, RB (To compliment JC)

We have 3 potential/current pro bowl LB, we don't need to draft another one.

It's this same conservative thinking, taking the "safe pick" that bit us in the *** the past 4 seasons! Not only in the draft but in FA, you have TO TAKE SOME RISK. For god's sakes we have to realize this. Teo is clearly looked upon as a "safe pick." Why? He is hard working, disciplined, and will probably be a solid nfl player.

It's time to pull the trigger.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 01:02 AM
]I am 100% positive that Te'o would play about the same number of snaps. [/B] He's talented, but he's not going to cover a slot WR is he? Hell no. That's just ridiculous to even consider. So do you take out Derrick Johnson, who is a very solid cover LBer? Do you take out a pass rusher in Hali or Houston?

That might be in your mind but not in the real game. Why? Because number of snaps what his role would be and what we would use him for are all decisions that are made by the head coach. So like I said unless you've been told that you're the guy you can't possibly say that for sure. No one possibly can. That's a fact not an opinion we don't no who the head coach will be if there's even going to be a change or not. You can't tell me you no what his role will be you're not the one that's going to be making the call. If we have a new head coach then our defense will no doubt change. You can move players to other positions it happens in the NFL. Unless you know that you're going to be the head you don't know what his role would be it's that simple.

And again I'm not saying we have to take him. I'm not saying that he would be the best choice I'm saying we can't just ignore him with what he did. Lets just say for the sake of arguement that Brady Quinn goes out the last few games and lights it up really looks like a franchise QB (I'm not saying it will happen I'm just saying what it) can we afford to ignore Geno because "we have bigger needs"? Hell no we have to look at all options is all I'm saying.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 01:11 AM
So you guys (excluding Ryfo of course, he is the only one who makes sense to me) would rather draft a linebacker, who isn't even made out to be a phenominal player by scouts, for a position we don't even need instead of taking a position or even positions in the first round we desperately need.

I am just making sure I understand this.

I won't speak for anyone else but what I'm saying is that Teo has done really good things with the Irish that we can't afford just to ignore him as a possible pick. I really don't care what Scouts say. They have been wrong MANY times before I go by what I see in games and I saw a guy who just made plays time and time again. You can't ignore that.

This is what we need:

QB, CB as well as CB depth, WR, RB (To compliment JC)

We have 3 potential/current pro bowl LB, we don't need to draft another one.

It's this same conservative thinking, taking the "safe pick" that bit us in the *** the past 4 seasons! Not only in the draft but in FA, you have TO TAKE SOME RISK. For god's sakes we have to realize this. Teo is clearly looked upon as a "safe pick." Why? He is hard working, disciplined, and will probably be a solid nfl player.

It's time to pull the trigger.

Those guys won't be around forever. Looking at things in just the here and now is not a good way to look at things. And like I said Great players find a way to make an impact on the game. They don't get limited by position. If Teo can be a great player then again we just can't ignore him. We can get good QBs elsewhere It doesn't have to be the first pick. This draft doesn't have 1 STAND OUT QB who you must have. You can still take him and help you're QB spot in a lot of ways. Trade free agent other draft picks you make it sound like we only have 1 way to upgrade other spots. There are many ways to do so.

Bike
12-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Well apparently DJ and Flowers are mysteriously out this week.

THIS

Newton, Bradford, Stafford - No thanks.

Bike
12-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Is there a reason that both Geno Smith and Matt Barkley failed to make even the top 10 of Heisman voting this year?

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Exactly, this is just a beautiful post that says everything that needs to be said. He would not even be out there on most third downs, never could he cover a slot WR or a multi purpose back.

If we don't try for the best qb available say hello to more mediocre to bad years.

Get a good CB and draft Barkley in the first round is my vote.

Walterfootball.com rates all the positions. Says that if petrino had remained in Arkansas Tyler Wilson would likely have been a Heisman hopeful. There isn't much drop off between him and smith. Has good arm strength, accuracy, good mobility and reads defenses well.

Also says that manti te'o will be a 3 down linebacker. He is fast can cover tight ends which has been our Achilles heel on defense tight ends destroy us.

I'm cool with a cb and qb. We need to draft the BPA. IMO I have confidence that te'o will be at the top of most draft Oates, but that's my opinion. If its a corner so be it but there IS NOT a ton of talent lost between smith and the next two qbs taken, once again my opinion. Notice how I am not saying your scenario is stupid or ignorant. You have yours and I have mine. Hopefully we just don't screw it up. How bout this BPA and a qb is better value than smith and our 2nd. I say te'o and Wilson and u say that Bama CB and Barkley. IMO I like both of those scenarios.

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Is there a reason that both Geno Smith and Matt Barkley failed to make even the top 10 of Heisman voting this year?

As soon as his schedule was a little tough, big 12 football is down this year, dude fell off the pedestal hard. After the Baylor game he was the front runner.

Notre dame has played Oklahoma, USC, Stanford, Michigan, Michigan state. Top tier teams and helped hold the Oklahoma spooners to 13 yards rushing, 13 YARDS.

The fact that people aren't willing to say he is a difference maker is being hypocritical. I don't see smith being the great qb ryfo thinks he will be and he obviously doesn't think te'o is special although his defense, which he is the qb of has been dominant game in game out.

Ryfo18
12-09-2012, 03:56 PM
We sure could have used a Middle Linebacker today.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 03:58 PM

Couldn't have hurt to much it's not like the D did much today

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 05:02 PM

Now you are just being rude. Geno smith could have thrown four picks today and mant te'o could have forced a few turnovers. Completely condescending man! I respect your opinions and thoughts and don't taunt or tease....I digress.

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 05:04 PM

Tyler Wilson and manti te'o sounds soooo much better than "football nerd" Geno throwing up his gang signs to the dog pound.

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Now you are just being rude. Geno smith could have thrown four picks today and mant te'o could have forced a few turnovers. Completely condescending man! I respect your opinions and thoughts and don't taunt or tease....I digress.

The point is with a capable qb we have a much better shot to win today vs a linebacker.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Tyler Wilson and manti te'o sounds soooo much better than "football nerd" Geno throwing up his gang signs to the dog pound.

I don't know about the gang signs thing but A QB and a possible defensive playmaker does sound really really good. I don't see how after giving up 30 points to the browns along with the Falcons,Bills,Bucs game that people don't see how a defensive play maker can be a real help for this team. If there were a real Standout QB it would be a easy pick but that's not what we have Teo was a standout on the field at his spot. He can't be ignored we have to look at him.

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 05:25 PM
The point is with a capable qb we have a much better shot to win today vs a linebacker.

And my point is Geno smith isn't the only qb capable of being a franchise qb.

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 05:26 PM
I don't know about the gang signs thing but A QB and a possible defensive playmaker does sound really really good. I don't see how after giving up 30 points to the browns along with the Falcons,Bills,Bucs game that people don't see how a defensive play maker can be a real help for this team. If there were a real Standout QB it would be a easy pick but that's not what we have Teo was a standout on the field at his spot. He can't be ignored we have to look at him.

And I'm saying manti te'o but if its that CB from Bama then so be it but to get two for one just makes sense.

MyManHali

Teams with good qb's do win games when opposing teams put up 30 points.

Besides, if we have a good qb that is able to keep his offense on the field and finish drives, you are probably looking at a 14-3 game at half.

matthewschiefs

And What excatly did our D do today that gave us anymore of a chance to win? 30 points to the browns. Can't put that on the turnovers today as a grand total of 3 of those points were off turnovers. Don't pretend like the defense did anymore then the offense did neither side did much today.

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
And What excatly did our D do today that gave us anymore of a chance to win? 30 points to the browns. Can't put that on the turnovers today as a grand total of 3 of those points were off turnovers. Don't pretend like the defense did anymore then the offense did neither side did much today.

Well we gave up 3 points on defense the first half and they were on the field a lot, the offense besides the second possession didn't stay on the field very long and didn't give our d a break.

With a good qb that can finish drives and move the ball we would of been up at half, and maybe even that special teams play doesn't exist if we are able to move the ball, 14-3 sounds pretty realistic to me. when you are up 14-3 it's an entirely different ball game.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Teams with good qb's do win games when opposing teams put up 30 points.

Besides, if we have a good qb that is able to keep his offense on the field and finish drives, you are probably looking at a 14-3 game at half.

So once again you give the D a hall pass and put it on the QB? Why is it always a hall pass for the defense when they lay an egg. Atlanta,Buffalo,Tampa,CLeveland that's already 25% of a full season that the defense hasn't preformed. There's still 3 games left. Good Qbs can sometimes overcome poor defense but that doesn't excuse the defense for being poor. Stop excusing everyone but the QB.

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 05:31 PM
So once again you give the D a hall pass and put it on the QB? Why is it always a hall pass for the defense when they lay an egg. Atlanta,Buffalo,Tampa,CLeveland that's already 25% of a full season that the defense hasn't preformed. There's still 3 games left. Good Qbs can sometimes overcome poor defense but that doesn't excuse the defense for being poor. Stop excusing everyone but the QB.

No, with a good qb we can keep it close.

You should know that with a good qb we are in that game far more than if we had a linebacker.

The defense held them to 3 points in the first half, the offense could not score at all. If the offense can't score it doesnt matter how good the defense is.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Well we gave up 3 points on defense the first half and they were on the field a lot, the offense besides the second possession didn't stay on the field very long and didn't give our d a break.

With a good qb that can finish drives and move the ball we would of been up at half, and maybe even that special teams play doesn't exist if we are able to move the ball, 14-3 sounds pretty realistic to me. when you are up 14-3 it's an entirely different ball game.

And if we didn't miss a field goal we would have been up 10-0 that's also a different game from 7-0 funny how you don't mention that. And 3 points in the first half what about the 2nd half? How did that go? Funny how you don't mention that. The offense didn't do there job but the D didn't either.

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 05:33 PM
And if we didn't miss a field goal we would have been up 10-0 that's also a different game from 7-0 funny how you don't mention that. And 3 points in the first half what about the 2nd half? How did that go? Funny how you don't mention that. The offense didn't do there job but the D didn't either.

If you can't score on offense you aren't going to win.

News Flash:

We can't score on offense.

Te'o isn't going to change that.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 05:36 PM

News Flash:

Te'o isn't going to change that. Even if we had Te'o, all Cleveland had to do is put up 13 points.

If you can't score you don't win if you can't stop anyone you don't win we did neither for the game today. You only talk about the offense give a hall pass to the defense yet again. You ignore all the other mistakes to talk about how bad the QB was. So like I have told you before Keep hating that's all you're doing

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 05:40 PM

News Flash:

Te'o isn't going to change that.

He isn't. But how you change your tune. Ortons offense averaged 13 points a game...anyhow the point is we can get te'o and a capable qb vs a reach for capable qb and someone not nearly as dynamic. Some people just have it there's no rhyme or reason. And i would still rather go the CB from bama and then a qb then reaching for Geno at number 1 cuz that's where we r gonna be picking.

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 05:40 PM
If you can't score you don't win if you can't stop anyone you don't win we did neither for the game today. You only talk about the offense give a hall pass to the defense yet again. You ignore all the other mistakes to talk about how bad the QB was. So like I have told you before Keep hating that's all you're doing

WE HELD THEM TO THREE POINTS IN THE FIRST HALF. They had a kick return on special teams and 3 points on an int from Quinn.

D gave up 20 points to Cleveland. Our offense scored 7. Cleveland got 3 points on a fg from that long int return, if they score a pick 6 there then Their d actually matches our offense in points.

That is why we need offense.

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 05:42 PM
WE HELD THEM TO THREE POINTS IN THE FIRST HALF. 7 Points on special teams and 3 on an int from Quinn.

D gave up 20 points. The offense scored 7. Their d actually almost outscored us on offense. 7-3.

We NEED OFFENSE.

On paper we do have an offense, but come on this offensive coordinator sucks. I didn't even watch the game after halftime so I don't know how Brodie played he didn't look terrible in the first half me must have sucked up bad in the second.

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 05:46 PM
On paper we do have an offense, but come on this offensive coordinator sucks. I didn't even watch the game after halftime so I don't know how Brodie played he didn't look terrible in the first half me must have sucked up bad in the second.

Quinn
Mccluster
Baldwin
Newsome
Copper
Brokaki

This will be our passing attack next year if we don't do anything.

We don't have a passing attack.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 05:47 PM
He isn't. But how you change your tune. Ortons offense averaged 13 points a game...anyhow the point is we can get te'o and a capable qb vs a reach for capable qb and someone not nearly as dynamic. Some people just have it there's no rhyme or reason. And i would still rather go the CB from bama and then a qb then reaching for Geno at number 1 cuz that's where we r gonna be picking.

THIS THIS AND THIS

We don't only have 1 pick we can get a defensive play maker AND a QB. Should we chose. But some want to live in there own little world where the Qb is going to fix everything. It's not I'm again not saying Teo is clearly the pick I'm just saying the he's to good to ignore. As for this whole spot we don't need thing goes imagin if the Packers had said we don't need a QB and not drafted Aaron Rodgers. What you have today you might not tomorrow. IF Teo is the clear better player we can't just ignore him we can get him and a Qb latter in the draft through trade Free angent we don't have to chose just 1 we have a full offseason to make moves not just 1 pick

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Quinn
Mccluster
Baldwin
Newsome
Copper
Brokaki

This will be our passing attack next year if we don't do anything.

We don't have a passing attack.

Who's saying not to do anything? No one is.

What we are saying is that If Teo is clearly a better player then anyone else once we look with him work him out and do all that stuff we need to take him. It would be the best thing to do. We are not saying not to get a QB or help the offense we are saying we need alot of help if we find Teo is clearly the best player we need him. We can find a way to use him.

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 05:55 PM
THIS THIS AND THIS

We don't only have 1 pick we can get a defensive play maker AND a QB. Should we chose. But some want to live in there own little world where the Qb is going to fix everything. It's not I'm again not saying Teo is clearly the pick I'm just saying the he's to good to ignore. As for this whole spot we don't need thing goes imagin if the Packers had said we don't need a QB and not drafted Aaron Rodgers. What you have today you might not tomorrow. IF Teo is the clear better player we can't just ignore him we can get him and a Qb latter in the draft through trade Free angent we don't have to chose just 1 we have a full offseason to make moves not just 1 pick

I still think Teo is a very conservative pick, because no one expects him to be elite, but no one also expects him to be a bust.

While as Geno is a bit different, he can throw and he is athletic, but there is always a bust factor in drafting a quarterback.

But one thing that is true in today's NFL is you need a good qb to win a title, if not elite. I have said before I would be willing to trade down and draft a CB and a qb.

Bottomline, I want a qb. We need offense to contend with the Tom Brady's, Aaron Rodgers etc..

We can't go into next year with the same passing attack we have now, because from the qb to the WR it is absolutely ugly, and if you don't score points in this league you aren't going to win.

I'll leave it at that.

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Who's saying not to do anything? No one is.

What we are saying is that If Teo is clearly a better player then anyone else once we look with him work him out and do all that stuff we need to take him. It would be the best thing to do. We are not saying not to get a QB or help the offense we are saying we need alot of help if we find Teo is clearly the best player we need him. We can find a way to use him.

It's a passing league dude, we don't need a linebacker.
Would Te'o have helped against a 4 wide WR set like the Falcons beat us to death with on opening day?

I would much rather have a good CB.

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Would Te'o have helped against a 4 wide WR set like the Falcons beat us to death with on opening day?

Dude that's what we are saying but after the combine I have a hunch Te'o is gonna be the talk. If its the Bama CB so be it. And it may be a passing league but I would never tell ray Lewis he couldn't play on my team and I think that's who manti will emulate vs Luke kuechly.

N TX Dave
12-09-2012, 06:14 PM
We were 1 for 11 on 3rd down today that is less than 10%. I sure hope Oak beats us next week so we can draft before them if we win they will draft before us because they has a lower SOS. That is something I have never said in 45 years but the Chiefs will probably win because the tRaiders do nothing that I like and almost always break my heart.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - 2-10 (.507 SOS)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - 2-10 (.576 SOS)
3. Oakland Raiders - 3-9 (.493 SOS)

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 06:16 PM

It's a passing league today but the NFL is always changing.

Remember just a few years ago all the talk was the "wild cat offense" Everyone was going to be running it. What happened to that?

Just because it's a passing league today doesn't mean it will be that way 5 years from now.

Also remember a few years ago how Houston was "stupid" according to some to pick Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. How did that work out?

And again I don't think anyone is here saying Take Teo now. What we are saying is that we need to do our homework. We need to find the number 1 player that's going to help us. I really don't care who that is. But we can't just say pick a QB we need to do our homework that's all we are saying.

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 06:21 PM

Remember just a few years ago all the talk was the "wild cat offense" Everyone was going to be running it. What happened to that?

Just because it's a passing league today doesn't mean it will be that way 5 years from now.

Also remember a few years ago how Houston was "stupid" according to some to pick Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. How did that work out?

And again I don't think anyone is here saying Take Teo now. What we are saying is that we need to do our homework. We need to find the number 1 player that's going to help us. I really don't care who that is. But we can't just say pick a QB we need to do our homework that's all we are saying.

Yessir. Nail on the head. We also need to figure out the Bowe Branden Albert situation. If we have number one do we take the LT from Texas a and m and franchise Bowe again and let Albert walk??? He deserves a fat contract i don't know that we will give it to him.

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 06:24 PM
We were 1 for 11 on 3rd down today that is less than 10%. I sure hope Oak beats us next week so we can draft before them if we win they will draft before us because they has a lower SOS. That is something I have never said in 45 years but the Chiefs will probably win because the tRaiders do nothing that I like and almost always break my heart.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - 2-10 (.507 SOS)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - 2-10 (.576 SOS)
3. Oakland Raiders - 3-9 (.493 SOS)

Man MMH, formerly known as MMo, freaking hit that right on saying how terrible we both were. The AFC West is a joke of a division.

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 06:29 PM

It's fine if it's a need position. Te'o is not a need position for us.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning, these guys aren't going anywhere. It is a passing league and will be for awhile.

A good CB does a lot more for us than another ILB, which we already have in DJ, who was a pro bowler last year.

So if it is a passing league, tell me why would we need to draft another ILB when we have a huge hole to cover at CB, or even WR? DJ isn't near retirement, so this accomplishes pretty much absolutely nothing.

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Man MMH, formerly known as MMo, freaking hit that right on saying how terrible we both were. The AFC West is a joke of a division.

I still think Denver can beat anyone in the league and win the SB. But most of their wins have come from weak teams, so we will just have to see.

Why? Because of their qb. C'mon nigerian I had to add that in there ; )

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 06:34 PM
I still think Denver can beat anyone in the league and win the SB. But most of their wins have come from weak teams, so we will just have to see.

Why? Because of their qb. C'mon nigerian I had to add that in there ; )

We couldn't even get him to come here for an interview talk about a slap in the mother effin face.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 06:38 PM
It's fine if it's a need position. Te'o is not a need position for us.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning, these guys aren't going anywhere. It is a passing league and will be for awhile.

A good CB does a lot more for us than another ILB, which we already have in DJ, who was a pro bowler last year.

So if it is a passing league, tell me why would we need to draft another ILB when we have a huge hole to cover at CB, or even WR? DJ isn't near retirement, so this accomplishes pretty much absolutely nothing.

Aaron Rodgers you talk about him so often when talking about great QBs. QB was not a position of need for them when they picked him. They looked at him and said he's a guy that can help us going forward. I do agree that we should look more at spots we need but I don't think we can ignore the talent of someone who has done what he has done. You just have to do your homework. The Packers could have said we can make it with Brett Farve anther year and not gone for Rodgers something tells me they are glad they didn't

And again If they think Teo would be the best to help they can move him to anther spot move someone else to anther spot they can find a way to use him. That would be the job of a head coach .

And like I said it's a passing league right now you're being short sighted things change. This spread offense where all the passing numbers is going strong right now. That could change. It's happened before where the game has changed it will happen again. NFL=Not for Long Some defensive coach will figure out a way to stop this spread offense and the defense will catch back up then some offensive coach will do something new and the offense will go ahead again. It's the nature of the game

MyManHali
12-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Aaron Rodgers you talk about him so often when talking about great QBs. QB was not a position of need for them when they picked him. They looked at him and said he's a guy that can help us going forward. I do agree that we should look more at spots we need but I don't think we can ignore the talent of someone who has done what he has done. You just have to do your homework. The Packers could have said we can make it with Brett Farve anther year and not gone for Rodgers something tells me they are glad they didn't

And again If they think Teo would be the best to help they can move him to anther spot move someone else to anther spot they can find a way to use him. That would be the job of a head coach .

And like I said it's a passing league right now you're being short sighted things change. This spread offense where all the passing numbers is going strong right now. That could change. It's happened before where the game has changed it will happen again. NFL=Not for Long Some defensive coach will figure out a way to stop this spread offense and the defense will catch back up then some offensive coach will do something new and the offense will go ahead again. It's the nature of the game

But why are you relying on assumptions for the future? What if it remains a passing league for the next 7-8 years.

Let's not assume, let's just look at our situation for what it is.

I just don't see the point with drafting an ILB like Te'o with the top pick in the draft is all, not when we have DJ, a good ILB and have so many other holes to fill.

Difference in opinion. But That's it, I am leaving it at that.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 07:04 PM
But why are you relying on assumptions for the future? What if it remains a passing league for the next 7-8 years.

I just don't see the point with drafting an ILB like Te'o with the top pick in the draft is all, not when we have DJ, a good ILB and have so many other holes to fill.

Why assume because that's just how the game is. It's always changing. It has a history of change. It could be 15-20 years before it changes it could be 1-2 years.

And again I stress I'm not saying draft Teo I'm saying do our homework. I ask you why assume? Why assume that Teo can't help us?

Lets just say for the sake of argument that we just foucus on qb or cb that's all we look at. We look at many but no one really impresses so we just draft the best of what we see. Meanwhile Teo is really standing out for other teams during his workouts. Our pick be it Geno Smith or whoever ends up to be a total bust while Teo impress for many years. Can you say you won't think what if? So why assume he can't help us? Why assume that whoever our coach is next year (HOPEFULLY NOT ROMEO) couldn't find a role for him to be a bost to the defense. I would at least fell better if we did our homework on him. Looked at him saw what he could offer and then look to see if we could find a role for him to be better for the team then a QB. It's possible some coach could do it. Why assume he can't be someone who can help just because of the position he plays.

Bike
12-09-2012, 07:11 PM

ILB IS a position of need! We need a replacement for Belcher to play opposite of DJ!

rodu
12-09-2012, 07:29 PM
ILB IS a position of need! We need a replacement for Belcher to play opposite of DJ!

and DJ isn't getting any younger

GarH
12-09-2012, 07:47 PM
This is a bad year for QBs. They should have picked one up last year.

Ryfo18
12-09-2012, 08:03 PM

Once again, Belcher plays about 50% of the snaps on defense per game...tops. That's not a position you spend a first round pick on. Using a 1st round pick on a guy that isn't going to play more than half the snaps is illogical. Using a 1st round pick on a quarterback who could be the future of our franchise is logical.

As long as the offense goes 3 and out (1/11 on 3rd down), the defense is going to give up points. It's that simple folks. For the most part the defense buckled down and held them to 3 field goals and 3 touchdowns (one off a punt return). Time of possession was 26:31 for the Chiefs to 33:29 for the Browns. The defense is the least of our worries. It's impossible to evaluate them and say they're playing horrible when they're constantly under pressure because the offense can't sustain a drive. Even Belcher said in a text to his buddy the night before that whole tragic ordeal went down that "the offense can't even put up 7." This offense averages the 2nd fewest points in the league. The offense is the ultimate downfall of this team.

So which makes more sense? A linebacker that plays 50% of the plays, or the best quarterback in the draft? Once a team rolls out their 3rd wide receiver, Te'o is coming off the field.

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Once again, Belcher plays about 50% of the snaps on defense per game...tops. That's not a position you spend a first round pick on. Using a 1st round pick on a guy he isn't going to play more than half the snaps is illogical. Using a 1st round pick on a quarterback who could be the future of our franchise is logical.

Okay with the Dwayne Bowe branden Albert situation what do we do if we are unable to sign both. Do we draft the LT comin out this year and cut ties because to me Dwayne Bowe is obviously more important than branden Albert as Donald Stephenson has shown promise.

Ryfo18
12-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Okay with the Dwayne Bowe branden Albert situation what do we do if we are unable to sign both. Do we draft the LT comin out this year and cut ties because to me Dwayne Bowe is obviously more important than branden Albert as Donald Stephenson has shown promise.

I think Stephenson has shown a lot and wouldn't be surprised if they let Albert go and franchise Bowe.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 08:20 PM
So which makes more sense? A linebacker that plays 50% of the plays, or the best quarterback in the draft? Once a team rolls out their 3rd wide receiver, Te'o is coming off the field.

Under that situation the best QB. But like I have said you don't know that will be the situation. Can you tell you that you can 100% rule out this team making a coaching change? Or do you know who will be the head coach next year. You're going off what belcher did. That was his role Teo is bot Belcher there's no way to no what his role would be with this team. It's just not that simple to say that.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 08:22 PM
I think Stephenson has shown a lot and wouldn't be surprised if they let Albert go and franchise Bowe.

Stephenson has been good as a rookie so that is a bright spot. I hope to see both Albert and Bowe stay but I agree we will most likely only see 1 brought back.

Ryfo18
12-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Under that situation the best QB. But like I have said you don't know that will be the situation. Can you tell you that you can 100% rule out this team making a coaching change? Or do you know who will be the head coach next year. You're going off what belcher did. That was his role Teo is bot Belcher there's no way to no what his role would be with this team. It's just not that simple to say that.

How is it not that simple to say that? He can't cover a WR...So unless you plan on taking off DJ or a pass rusher, THERE IS NO ROOM ON THE FIELD FOR HIM!!!!! It's not just the Chiefs, no 3-4 defense operates this way. This is common football stuff, man.

I would not be upset if they drafted a CB, but this Te'o nonsense just needs to stop. It makes no sense at all for the Chiefs.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 08:33 PM
How is it not that simple to say that? He can't cover a WR...So unless you plan on taking off DJ or a pass rusher, THERE IS NO ROOM ON THE FIELD FOR HIM!!!!! It's not just the Chiefs, no 3-4 defense operates this way. This is common football stuff, man.

Who says we would be a 3-4 defense under a new head coach? Who knows what role a new head coach could have him play? Coaches can sometimes make a player fit into there system if that player can do it. It's possible. Unless you have asked every football coach out there what he would have Teo do with this defense then you can't say what his role would be.

I think you no your stuff about football. You do your homework on stuff but there are some things us fans can never be sure on. I'm not sure that he can work with our system any different then what you think he can. But I can't say he wouldn't should we get him. And again I'm not saying he's the clear pick he would really have to stand out over a QB or Cb once we would have him workout and start all of that stuff for me to say that. But I just don't think we can ignore him as a possible pick. He's been to good at Noter Dame to do so. This might be a case of you just wanting Geno Smith so bad (and hey I would be open to him as well) that you're looking to hard for reasons not to draft anyone else. If Teo really doesn't stand out over Geno then of course we should draft Geno but if he does stand out and really look clearly better then any other player we look at I think we should grab him. Good head coaches can find a role for him. I just hope we get a good head coach but I have that hope for any pick

Ryfo18
12-09-2012, 09:18 PM
I'll say this too: Tyler Wlson is probably a top 10 pick come draft time.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 09:27 PM
I'll say this too: Tyler Wlson is probably a top 10 pick come draft time.

I'll agree with that

My personal preference before any workout or anything would be to trade out of the 1st pick if we get that for more picks and either draft him or Aaron Murray later in the 1st round. But that might change once the work outs start.

Lord-Chiefy
12-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Imo the combine is a joke. Go by their fame production not their no pressure combine stats.. ie Poe.

whackojacko58
12-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Geno geno geno lol

nigeriannightmare
12-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Imo the combine is a joke. Go by their fame production not their no pressure combine stats.. ie Poe.

I think Poe is gonna be a beast he's done more than I have expected this year.