PDA

View Full Version : Let the Sean Peyton lottery begin

Coach
11-04-2012, 03:48 PM
http://i.curate.us/img/2d26e276a87c1a97ff6e80c1207f034b?offset=22.6524685 382&size=450&stamp=1352061968&bg=ffffff (http://s.tt/1rY7i)

I have no idea if there is any chance of this happening. But we need a coach and this is likely Scott Pioli's last chance to get it right.

MyManHali
11-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Coach I think Scott is gone after this year, but yes we need Payton. We need payton badly!

brdempsey69
11-04-2012, 04:38 PM
My biggest fear is that Peyton will go to Dallas before he'll come to KC as long as Pioli is the GM. Hunt must act swiftly once the season is over and can Pioli right after the last game, if he's not going to do it in mid-season. Otherwise, there's no chance of Peyton having any interest in KC.

nigeriannightmare
11-04-2012, 05:00 PM
My biggest fear is that Peyton will go to Dallas before he'll come to KC as long as Pioli is the GM. Hunt must act swiftly once the season is over and can Pioli right after the last game, if he's not going to do it in mid-season. Otherwise, there's no chance of Peyton having any interest in KC.

Why wait? What good is pioli right now to us what does it hurt to fire him now. What advantage is their to keep him at 1 and 7,having never led in regulation,have been down 18 in every game but 1, gonna break the record for turnovers l, is 0 and 4 against Oakland at home, has gone 4 and 12, 10 and 6, 7 and 9, and ill be surprised if we win a game the rest othe year, heads better be rolling tomorrow. If Clark really gives a poop.

drstandley31
11-04-2012, 05:02 PM
I have the same fear. Dallas will throw whatever money it takes to get it done, and Peyton would have at least a semi-decent QB to work with. But I'll hope for the best, as I have been for the last 30 freak'n years.

Coach
11-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I have the same fear. Dallas will throw whatever money it takes to get it done, and Peyton would have at least a semi-decent QB to work with. But I'll hope for the best, as I have been for the last 30 freak'n years.

I think Clark would open up the checkbook to hire Payton after the coaching carousel we've had here the last 10 years. I don't think Pioli will lose his job.

The biggest problem here is that I think Payton stays in New Orleans.

brdempsey69
11-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Why wait? What good is pioli right now to us what does it hurt to fire him now. What advantage is their to keep him at 1 and 7,having never led in regulation,have been down 18 in every game but 1, gonna break the record for turnovers l, is 0 and 4 against Oakland at home, has gone 4 and 12, 10 and 6, 7 and 9, and ill be surprised if we win a game the rest othe year, heads better be rolling tomorrow. If Clark really gives a poop.

I agree & you make all valid points. That's why I added to my sentence "if he's not going to do it in mid-season".

If the decision were mine, Pioli would already be gone. But, alas, it's up to Hunt & one can only speculate what he may be thinking. My biggest fear regarding Hunt is that he may be letting sentiment get in the way of his judgement regarding Pioli or it could be dollars and cents as Pioli's contract is guaranteed.

I think Clark would open up the checkbook to hire Payton after the coaching carousel we've had here the last 10 years. I don't think Pioli will lose his job.

I hope you are wrong regarding Pioli, but you are probably right regarding the other 2 points.

matthewschiefs
11-04-2012, 05:19 PM

I agree he has a close relationship with Drew Brees he won't leave the saints.

nigeriannightmare
11-04-2012, 05:31 PM
I agree he has a close relationship with Drew Brees he won't leave the saints.

Now we need to think about this the saints could have a season in which they are well below .500. This bounty scandal may have ownership a little frustrated and didn't they put something in drew brees contract similar to Indys with Peyton like a super high roster bonus due in march again. So if they decline to pay drew his money it may be a two for one type situation.

Alas Jerry jones would give the world to get those two.

jap1
11-04-2012, 10:10 PM

I agree that if you have decided to let him go, then you should try to do it sooner that later. One thing that Hunt could be thinking is that possibly Pioli is already negotiating new contracts for our Free Agents like B. Albert. Ditching Pioli sets that back pretty far.

nigeriannightmare
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
I agree that if you have decided to let him go, then you should try to do it sooner that later. One thing that Hunt could be thinking is that possibly Pioli is already negotiating new contracts for our Free Agents like B. Albert. Ditching Pioli sets that back pretty far.

Yeah I forgot that we have several free agents coming up and from a business standpoint, outside the cassel contract, were team friendly for the most part. So in that sense he has done his job.

brdempsey69
11-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Yeah I forgot that we have several free agents coming up and from a business standpoint, outside the cassel contract, were team friendly for the most part. So in that sense he has done his job.

I'll bet every single player who's contract expires after 2012 is looking to get the hell out of KC. I can think of Dorsey, Bowe, Albert, and Belcher right off the bat and wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see all four gone in 2013. Bowe and Dorsey are already gone, I believe.

Pioli may have done a good job negotiating contracts, but has stunk up the joint drafting & as player personell director.

brdempsey69
11-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Just heard that Peyton owns a house in Dallas. I don't think the Chiefs stand a chance at outbidding Dallas or NO for Peyton's services.

AkChief49
11-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Just heard that Peyton owns a house in Dallas. I don't think the Chiefs stand a chance at outbidding Dallas or NO for Peyton's services.
Nope, that's were he got his HC shot-with Parcells, although Pioli is in the Parcell family....much to ponder there is.

MyManHali
11-05-2012, 12:34 AM
I'll bet every single player who's contract expires after 2012 is looking to get the hell out of KC. I can think of Dorsey, Bowe, Albert, and Belcher right off the bat and wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see all four gone in 2013. Bowe and Dorsey are already gone, I believe.

Pioli may have done a good job negotiating contracts, but has stunk up the joint drafting & as player personell director.

When it comes to signing players cheap he is good at it, the problem is in his case you get what you pay for.

Lord-Chiefy
11-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Omg for the last time if pioli US genre we will not get a above average coach to cone here!!!!!!

kcnation
11-05-2012, 10:15 PM
sean payton is not going anywhere and i know that as a fact,so don't even talk about it

nigeriannightmare
11-05-2012, 10:29 PM
sean payton is not going anywhere and i know that as a fact,so don't even talk about it

Jerry jones will make him the highest paid coach in us sports that too is a fact....

AussieChiefsFan
11-06-2012, 05:09 AM
If we managed to get Sean here, it would be on a whole other level of awesome

Seek
11-06-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't see him leaving the Saints. Look at how the Saints are performing without him.

Lord-Chiefy
11-07-2012, 09:05 AM
No way he leaves