PDA

View Full Version : Just how bad our Coaching staff is

matthewschiefs
11-13-2012, 12:27 AM
I have been saying for weeks that Coaching is the biggest Issue with this team right now. Tonight is further proof of that. I have been watching football games since 1995 And I have never seen a game in which the announcers were literally laughing at just how bad the playcalling was like they were tonight. If that doesn't show people just how bad this coaching staff is I don't know what will.

The only way this team will be any better next season is if there is a whole new coaching staff in there.

MyManHali
11-13-2012, 12:36 AM
I want new management, coaching staff, qb. It would be great to finally be positive about this franchise.

Dick Richards
11-13-2012, 12:45 AM
I have been saying for weeks that Coaching is the biggest Issue with this team right now. Tonight is further proof of that. I have been watching football games since 1995 And I have never seen a game in which the announcers were literally laughing at just how bad the playcalling was like they were tonight. If that doesn't show people just how bad this coaching staff is I don't know what will.

The only way this team will be any better next season is if there is a whole new coaching staff in there.

AMEN!

matthewschiefs
11-13-2012, 12:50 AM
I want new management, coaching staff, qb. It would be great to finally be positive about this franchise.

I would like all the above as well

But we need at least the QB AND coaching staff changed one without the other won't do that much

#58ChiefsFan
11-13-2012, 01:14 PM
In addition the two taunting penalties and the dope kid-n-play dance after the puff puff pass rush knocked out Big Ben showed a real lack of discipline. It's not breaking news but that **** would have never flew with Todd here.

MyManHali
11-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Is romeo on tranquilizers? I have never seen him get angry at the officials or at his players. I have never even seen him open his mouth. Jim Caldwell v2.0

Coach
11-13-2012, 03:00 PM
In addition the two taunting penalties and the dope kid-n-play dance after the puff puff pass rush knocked out Big Ben showed a real lack of discipline. It's not breaking news but that **** would have never flew with Todd here.

Word!

Coach
11-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Is romeo on tranquilizers? I have never seen him get angry at the officials or at his players. I have never even seen him open his mouth. Jim Caldwell v2.0

Couldn't agree more. You need a coach that can motivate players. I can't think of a single active coach that has less ability to motivate players.

Hayvern
11-13-2012, 11:33 PM

Wait, are we digging up the late, not-so-great Todd Haley here? Seriously. OK, I give you that the discipline would have been a lot different, yet we would still be a pathetic team, with horrible play calling and poor game prep.

Net result, same BS.

ctchiefsfan
11-14-2012, 12:53 AM
I dunno.....Since Haley's name has come up....I think there is a better than even chance we would have had 2 wins this season if Haley was still here. Maybe even 3. But that is no real improvement...it's only the difference between laughingstock and just plain old crappy.

I don't want our Chiefs to be EITHER!

MyManHali
11-14-2012, 03:11 AM
I dunno.....Since Haley's name has come up....I think there is a better than even chance we would have had 2 wins this season if Haley was still here. Maybe even 3. But that is no real improvement...it's only the difference between laughingstock and just plain old crappy.

I don't want our Chiefs to be EITHER!

I guarantee you we would be 5-4 with Kyle Orton at qb.

:smile

chief31
11-14-2012, 11:24 AM
THIS is where I blame Pioli.

Todd Haley took this team, minus a whole lot of talent, and had them in contention last year.

Now we are looking at turning over the whole staff and starting over again, next year.

I had plenty of issues with Todd Haley. But he had earned his job, and now we are suffering from a poor handling of Haley, by Pioli.

matthewschiefs
11-14-2012, 12:25 PM
I guarantee you we would be 5-4 with Kyle Orton at qb.

:smile

Not with this coaching staff where annoncers are laughing on the air about just how bad they are. If we had Orton and anther Coaching staff I think the wins might be more but nothing would change much if we had anther QB with this coaching staff calling the plays. They are just that bad

doobs_05
11-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Also love the fact the coach did not get pissed at the players for their celebrations (Kid N Play Hali N Houston was funny but still, also get on bowe for holding the ball out to the DB and show boating)

2010chiefs
11-14-2012, 08:26 PM
I agree. Todd Haley would have never put up with that BS. No discipline. This team celebrates like they've won the Super Bowl after each touchdown. Do they know we're 1-8. We were better off with Haley then this crap.

nigeriannightmare
11-14-2012, 09:30 PM
I agree. Todd Haley would have never put up with that BS. No discipline. This team celebrates like they've won the Super Bowl after each touchdown. Do they know we're 1-8. We were better off with Haley then this crap.

They seemed to have played harder and didn't make half the mistakes this team does. I'm blown away by the lack of discipline this team has, the absolutely stupid mistakes this team makes, how easily we give up. It all lands on pioli he obviously is a micromanager and crennel is a yes man who pioli wants.

Which sucks because no viable coach is gonna want to work for pioli.

Dick Richards
11-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Also love the fact the coach did not get pissed at the players for their celebrations (Kid N Play Hali N Houston was funny but still, also get on bowe for holding the ball out to the DB and show boating)

It didnt sound like he even brought it up to them. NO discipline whatsoever!

MyManHali
11-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Not with this coaching staff where annoncers are laughing on the air about just how bad they are. If we had Orton and anther Coaching staff I think the wins might be more but nothing would change much if we had anther QB with this coaching staff calling the plays. They are just that bad

If we had Orton the coaches would atleast let him throw the ball, they absolutely have no faith or confidence in Cassel, and we are all seeing why.

MyManHali
11-15-2012, 12:59 AM
THIS is where I blame Pioli.

Todd Haley took this team, minus a whole lot of talent, and had them in contention last year.

Now we are looking at turning over the whole staff and starting over again, next year.

I had plenty of issues with Todd Haley. But he had earned his job, and now we are suffering from a poor handling of Haley, by Pioli.

This is where you blame Pioli? Do you blame him for the poor qb decision? Lack of depth in pretty much every position. An abysmal 2009 draft. Supposedly key contributing FA who have done nothing like Peyton Hillis and Stanford Routt, the list goes on and on.

He better be fired, the KC fan base is already having a blackout game on sunday against Cincy. The sad thing is no one really wants to come here and play for him. He is a controlling, ego maniac.

Incompetent management has screwed this franchise. No gm should ever be allowed to have 3 new head coaches in 5 seasons, assuming Crennel is fired after this year. The depth issue on this team is an absolute joke, it has been since 2009. We even had to bring in Casey Weigmann, who is retired, for a workout when Hudson (Who was not doing a good job) went down with an injury.

Please tell me you are still not on the pro pioli bandwagon.

AkChief49
11-15-2012, 04:36 AM
They seemed to have played harder and didn't make half the mistakes this team does. I'm blown away by the lack of discipline this team has, the absolutely stupid mistakes this team makes, how easily we give up. It all lands on pioli he obviously is a micromanager and crennel is a yes man who pioli wants.

Which sucks because no viable coach is gonna want to work for pioli.
It was unbelievable to see a now 1-8 team celebrating, showboating in a game they had not won.

There is a large lack of focus with this team. You cannot go into a place like Pittsburgh and make any mistakes. We made many mistakes.

I'm really wondering just how hard the Texans are laughing right now that we signed Winston? How many third and 1's has this guy blown? usually deep in our own territory.

Like the Raven game, it was one we should have won!
But, the tough, grinder games almost always go to the more disciplined team. Also, like the Raven game, I believe that the Steelers had a little official help. See Superbowl XL- I feel your pain Seattle.

It's more frustrating to see them play well and blow it. A dang good 2 minute drill executed to tie the game (should have been the game winner), only to fizzle with yet another turn over.
:sAng_scream::sAng_scream::sAng_scream::sAng_screa m::sAng_scream::sAng_scream::sAng_scream::sAng_scr eam:

Eydugstr
11-15-2012, 10:01 AM

Agreed. Notice how they didn't do it.

Todd might have been short on experience, and make all kinds of goofy playcalls...but he did bring back some discipline. He just couldn't take it any further from there.

matthewschiefs
11-15-2012, 02:32 PM
If we had Orton the coaches would atleast let him throw the ball, they absolutely have no faith or confidence in Cassel, and we are all seeing why.

While I will agree in part with the no faith in Cassel being part of it that doesn't excuse this coaching staff for just how bad the play calling is.

A bad qb doesn't make you have to run to the right just about every play. Early in that game we hit a couple of plays in the play action game. Why did they just stop? It was working. Then they go back to the run to the right run to the right. My wife even asked me why do they keep running the same play over and over. The annoncers were laughing on the air about it. Coaches are suppose to put the players in the right spot. This staff has failed to do that all season

MyManHali
11-15-2012, 03:26 PM
While I will agree in part with the no faith in Cassel being part of it that doesn't excuse this coaching staff for just how bad the play calling is.

A bad qb doesn't make you have to run to the right just about every play. Early in that game we hit a couple of plays in the play action game. Why did they just stop? It was working. Then they go back to the run to the right run to the right. My wife even asked me why do they keep running the same play over and over. The annoncers were laughing on the air about it. Coaches are suppose to put the players in the right spot. This staff has failed to do that all season

Yes it does, we all saw what happened in overtime. It is exactly the same reason why the coaches want to keep the ball out of his hands.

Dick Richards
11-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Yes it does, we all saw what happened in overtime. It is exactly the same reason why the coaches want to keep the ball out of his hands.

They can keep it out of his hands if they try Stanzi out. Heck they could even give Breaston a shot at QB! Either way I think it would be an improvement!

matthewschiefs
11-16-2012, 12:53 AM

No it doesn't

You can do many other things then run to the right. Like maybe to the left test the middle. We didn't see them try that all that often and the Steelers knew it. They knew exactly what we were going to do. The announcers talked over and over again about how much they were running to the right laughing at it at times. There is no excuse to that.They tried the play action early made a couple of plays like the one to Moaki then stopped. Bad Qb or not there is no excuse for just how bad the play calling is. We have seen a number of teams with a bad QB play over the years in the NFL. How many just say just run it to the right all the time? I can't think of any.

The coaching and the playcalling are not helping the players that we do have. That's there job. Even with lower talent they are suppose to do there job. That's not what we are seeing from this staff. There is No excuse for just how predictable the playcalling is NONE doing what they are doing they might as well put the playbook on the internet it wouldn't be much different

AussieChiefsFan
11-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Exceptionally bad.

MyManHali
11-16-2012, 05:45 PM
No it doesn't

You can do many other things then run to the right. Like maybe to the left test the middle. We didn't see them try that all that often and the Steelers knew it. They knew exactly what we were going to do. The announcers talked over and over again about how much they were running to the right laughing at it at times. There is no excuse to that.They tried the play action early made a couple of plays like the one to Moaki then stopped. Bad Qb or not there is no excuse for just how bad the play calling is. We have seen a number of teams with a bad QB play over the years in the NFL. How many just say just run it to the right all the time? I can't think of any.

The coaching and the playcalling are not helping the players that we do have. That's there job. Even with lower talent they are suppose to do there job. That's not what we are seeing from this staff. There is No excuse for just how predictable the playcalling is NONE doing what they are doing they might as well put the playbook on the internet it wouldn't be much different

Well I was speaking more on taking the ball out of Cassel's hands, not disagreeing with you about about the running game. I agree with you on changing the running game, running to the right every play was absolutely ridiculous.

matthewschiefs
11-18-2012, 03:32 PM
I rest my case

matthewschiefs
11-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Well I was speaking more on taking the ball out of Cassel's hands, not disagreeing with you about about the running game. I agree with you on changing the running game, running to the right every play was absolutely ridiculous.

I can agree with that but you can't just run the ball every play either. My thing on that game was that we hit a couple plays in the playaction game early and then just STOPPED using it. It was STUPID. I understand limiting the thowing games with the QBS that we have but you can't go to that extreme

Dick Richards
11-19-2012, 03:54 AM
Another horrible day. When will it end? When will it end. I refused to watch the game today, and for that im glad. One less major thorn in my chest!

nigeriannightmare
11-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Start stanzi for the love of god. What's he gonna do? We aren't exactly contending and we do seem to get blown more often than not.

ctchiefsfan
11-19-2012, 08:47 AM
+1 on starting Stanzi. How much worse can it get??????

Bike
11-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Pioli has trashed this team. He should have built this team inside out - built the lines FIRST and then get the playmakers. He he would have done that, we would have had a lot less injuries than we have seen during the Pioli era. Pioli should be let go immediately IMHO.

Eydugstr
11-19-2012, 10:52 AM
He should have built this team inside out - built the lines FIRST and then get the playmakers. He he would have done that, we would have had a lot less injuries than we have seen during the Pioli era.

+1. When you build a house, you start with the foundation first. But Pioli didn't. Even with what he's done in the past two years, he still didn't have a backup center ready this year for Hudson! No excuse. That falls on Pioli's shoulders.

swochief
11-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Didn't get to see the game. Kept up w/ it on espn gamecast. But even then i could tell they were not even competitive. Now that sux.

AkChief49
11-25-2012, 01:54 AM
Didn't get to see the game. Kept up w/ it on espn gamecast. But even then i could tell they were not even competitive. Now that sux.
There was but a single positive from the Bungle game. We did, for the second time this year, secure a LEAD! I'm thinking "secure" might be a bit too strong, we held a lead for about 5 minutes