PDA

View Full Version : Bowe Wants to Stay in KC now

jap1
11-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Bowe says he wants to stay in KC - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/51272/bowe-says-he-wants-to-stay-in-k-c)

Apparently Bowe has said in an interview that he doesnt want to leave KC ... I'll believe it when I see him sign a long term deal for a reasonable amount of $$.

#58ChiefsFan
11-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Positioning for once negotiations open up. I don't doubt that he would mind retiring here - for the right price.

Coach
11-16-2012, 08:02 PM
In case you haven't figured out Dwayne Bowe by watching him point to his own name on his jersey sverytime he DOESN'T drop a pass, it's all about Dwayne Bowe. He will be playing for the highest bidder next season and my guess is that wont be the Chiefs.

2010chiefs
11-16-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't think he'll be here either. They all say that about the team they currently play for. When have you heard a player say "This is my final year with this team, I want out next year".

Miller
11-16-2012, 10:22 PM
I do not blame him for wanting to leave. But if this team were smart, they would try to trade him for the highest draft pick. We need to rebuild, and we need all the picks we can get.

drstandley31
11-16-2012, 10:45 PM
I hope he stays. with the right leadership, and other good players on the field, this team could be special, and he could be a big part of it. He needs a mentor, as do many on this team.

jap1
11-17-2012, 12:36 AM
I do not blame him for wanting to leave. But if this team were smart, they would try to trade him for the highest draft pick. We need to rebuild, and we need all the picks we can get.

Trade deadline has come and gone. After the end of the season, he is a free agent, so we dont have the option of trading him, unless we put the franchise tag on him. If we were to do that, then he becomes extremely difficult to trade because he would be very expensive for a 1 year contract.

ctchiefsfan
11-17-2012, 12:42 AM
IMHO Bowe is gone. Can't imagine us tagging him for a second year. He certainly hasn't shown he is worth it.

Ryfo18
11-17-2012, 02:49 AM
I'll gladly have him back.

raiderhater79
11-17-2012, 03:34 AM
I'll gladly have him back.

me too

AussieChiefsFan
11-17-2012, 08:54 AM
We need him.

AkChief49
11-17-2012, 11:02 AM
D. Bowe is having that type of season where that franchise tag is looking good next year. His dropped passes are doing him no good on the open market. Especially those dropped passes at key moments in the game- and no it's not that he is getting throws from Cassel. We've all seen the "in the numbers" drops, remember Oakland at home last year? clutch WR?, NOT! yes, he makes that one great catch now and then...what am I saying that everyone does not already know? Good player, not worth top money.:beat_DeadHorse::beat_DeadHorse:

rodu
11-17-2012, 11:05 AM
With Baldwin not making any progress, McCuster looking like a failed experiment and Breaston not even in the lineup, I think we need Bowe to stay

AkChief49
11-17-2012, 11:26 AM
With Baldwin not making any progress, McCuster looking like a failed experiment and Breaston not even in the lineup, I think we need Bowe to stay
Yes, I'm all for him staying. He is not worth top 10 money. Okay, let me just say-it's my opinion that he's not worth top ten money at that position. The argument can and will be made both ways.

Why is Breaston not in the lineup? Last year was his second best year with 61 catches and 785 yards. thats with Cassel/Palko/ Orton.

Baldwin has 16 catches for 224 and no TD's this year.
I don't get it.

#58ChiefsFan
11-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Yes, I'm all for him staying. He is not worth top 10 money. Okay, let me just say-it's my opinion that he's not worth top ten money at that position. The argument can and will be made both ways.

Why is Breaston not in the lineup? Last year was his second best year with 61 catches and 785 yards. thats with Cassel/Palko/ Orton.

I don't get it.

Daboll is an idiot. You can't make sense of it.

Coach
11-17-2012, 02:35 PM
The problem with Bowe is that he is a possession guy, not a burner. Critical to being a good possession receiver is having good hands. Unfortunately he does not. So do you give Top 5 money to a possession receiver that yearly is one of the leaders in dropped passes?

The problem the Chiefs have is that Bowe is their best WR even after taking the drops into account.

iratefan
11-17-2012, 03:40 PM
whatever - what i love to watch is when bowe makes a catch, and someone tries to tackle the guy, and winds up bouncing right off of him. i hope he stays- because one way or another hes one of the only damn targets we have left... for whoever the brass decides to step up and take the snaps.

matthewschiefs
11-17-2012, 04:41 PM
I never really had an issue with Bowe till he held out of camp this year. If your going to do that then you have better show that the team can't go on without you. I don't think that's the case. He has dropped passes and just be silent in games this year. He is not on the hook 100% for that as the QB play has not been good at all. But he is a much better talent then what he's showing on the field this year. Bowe has shown glimpses of being one of the best WRs in the NFL. Then he has games like Monday night dropping some big passes that could keep drives going. And the game against Tampa where the backup TE outplayed Bowe. He just isn't consistent enough to be paid the money he was asking. And the holding out of camp did nothing good for him or the team.

SIC J
11-17-2012, 06:08 PM
LOL. You guys are funny. Bowe is has about 1/3 of the receptions and yards for the Chiefs. He's on the pace of almost 100 receptions and about 1200 yards. On arguably the WORST team in the NFL! He's on pace to have his 3rd 1000 yard season in a row.

So he's dropped some passes. Now you want to say he's not clutch. Do you really expect him to catch EVERY clutch pass? If you do, you're living in a fantasy world!

Funny how you all can remember the few dropped passes but not remember all the GREAT ONES he's had.............

Ryfo18
11-17-2012, 06:57 PM
The problem with Bowe is that he is a possession guy, not a burner. Critical to being a good possession receiver is having good hands. Unfortunately he does not. So do you give Top 5 money to a possession receiver that yearly is one of the leaders in dropped passes?

The problem the Chiefs have is that Bowe is their best WR even after taking the drops into account.

And not only is he the best, he's clearly on a different level from anyone else they have...though a good quarterback would make all our WRs look better, and Bowe would definitely be top 5 in terms of yards/TDs.

matthewschiefs
11-17-2012, 08:22 PM
LOL. You guys are funny. Bowe is has about 1/3 of the receptions and yards for the Chiefs. He's on the pace of almost 100 receptions and about 1200 yards. On arguably the WORST team in the NFL! He's on pace to have his 3rd 1000 yard season in a row.

So he's dropped some passes. Now you want to say he's not clutch. Do you really expect him to catch EVERY clutch pass? If you do, you're living in a fantasy world!

Funny how you all can remember the few dropped passes but not remember all the GREAT ONES he's had.............

No one is saying that Bowe isn't really good. All that is being said is that he doesn't always play up to his talent. Is QB a part of that yes it is. I will also go farther and say that coaching is anther huge part of it. But Bowe gets some of that blame as well. He's not a huge part of the reason that this season has gone the way that it has but he is a part of it just like everyone else on the team.

Lord-Chiefy
11-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Imo Bowe is one of my least worries as to why were one win.

Eydugstr
11-18-2012, 01:18 AM

I don't get it.

I call it the Kansas England Browns effect. Pioli, Crennel & Daboll have successfully turned a great batch of recievers into nothing, the same way they turned a great secondary into doo-doo.

If Vermeil & Saunders had this same batch of recievers...imagine what could've been accomplished. If Marty had these guys, they might not've had stellar numbers but highlight films would be showing them doing some amazing blocks. That was one big rule with Schottenheimer - everyone blocks, period.

McCluster, who is a fantastic player, is just not suited for his role. IMHO he should've been put back on special teams where he could've done some Dante Hall-like damage.

Hayvern
11-18-2012, 11:40 AM

Dude, you have been a member of this board far too long to post something like this. Dropped passes has been one of the main knocking points on Bowe since he came here. I can point to literally hundreds of posts of people talking about his dropped passes since he has been here.

Bowe's problem is not so much clutch passes that he drops, and he drops plenty of those, it is the passes that are thrown PERFECTLY that he drops. If you throw a horrible pass at the sideline that is acrobatic, Bowe catches those, but throw him a Charmin Tissue pass right into his hands and he will drop that pass nearly each and every time.

If Bowe will accept a reasonable amount of money and stay, AND if he would stop being lazy about his workouts, then I would be more than willing to have him stay on the team.

Miller
11-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Trade deadline has come and gone. After the end of the season, he is a free agent, so we dont have the option of trading him, unless we put the franchise tag on him. If we were to do that, then he becomes extremely difficult to trade because he would be very expensive for a 1 year contract.

Yea, I posted before I though. :whipping1: Sorry. I will be honest, I have not kept up on this team this year like I have in the past. Just not into it.

matthewschiefs
11-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Dude, you have been a member of this board far too long to post something like this. Dropped passes has been one of the main knocking points on Bowe since he came here. I can point to literally hundreds of posts of people talking about his dropped passes since he has been here.

Bowe's problem is not so much clutch passes that he drops, and he drops plenty of those, it is the passes that are thrown PERFECTLY that he drops. If you throw a horrible pass at the sideline that is acrobatic, Bowe catches those, but throw him a Charmin Tissue pass right into his hands and he will drop that pass nearly each and every time.

If Bowe will accept a reasonable amount of money and stay, AND if he would stop being lazy about his workouts, then I would be more than willing to have him stay on the team.

THIS

Bowe can make some catches that Amazes you. You will sit there and can't believe your eyes then he can do what we saw on Monday night drop some easy ones. That hurts the team. Right before the half monday night he dropped on that would have kept a drive going. If he had caught that pass maybe we get a field goal. And there is no OT. That's the thing with Bowe your saying IF way to often with someone with his talent. Bowe is a victim sometimes but he hurts on others. I have to consider the coaching he has had since he has been in KC and think that might have something to do with it. He hasn't really had great coaching. But Some of this does fall on MR Bowe as well.

AkChief49
11-18-2012, 02:43 PM

Yep, the ones that leave you scratching your head and wondering WTH?

Hayvern
11-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Yea, I posted before I though. :whipping1: Sorry. I will be honest, I have not kept up on this team this year like I have in the past. Just not into it.
Trade deadline or not, this is not baseball. A player not under contract is not worth what they are in MLB. A team that is in the hunt for a super bowl would need to have to have a need for a wide receiver in order to make that trade. And honestly, the pick you would get for a player like that would not be much.