PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs/Bengals "Blackout"

Eydugstr
11-19-2012, 02:25 AM
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb477/Eydugstr/ChiefsBlackout1-18-12.jpg

That picture was from a link via the thread about Scott Pioli kicking someone out for having "Fire Scott Pioli" signs or handing out flyers...To me it says volumes.

First off...Gotta say it...IMHO the whole blackout/wear black chiefs stuff thing is really pointless. Same goes for flying airplane banners. Understand it's their money & their perogative, but to me trying to convince Clark Hunt or Pioli how much you despise them while paying for $27 parking, and buying $8 beer or hot dogs is just not an effective message.

But the empty seats at today's game, and all the lost revenue surrounding them...That message is the one that will hit home with Clark's accountants. There's no way someone will look at those empty chairs and not do anything.

Dick Richards
11-19-2012, 03:47 AM
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb477/Eydugstr/ChiefsBlackout1-18-12.jpg

That picture was from a link via the thread about Scott Pioli kicking someone out for having "Fire Scott Pioli" signs or handing out flyers...To me it says volumes.

First off...Gotta say it...IMHO the whole blackout/wear black chiefs stuff thing is really pointless. Same goes for flying airplane banners. Understand it's their money & their perogative, but to me trying to convince Clark Hunt or Pioli how much you despise them while paying for $27 parking, and buying $8 beer or hot dogs is just not an effective message.

But the empty seats at today's game, and all the lost revenue surrounding them...That message is the one that will hit home with Clark's accountants. There's no way someone will look at those empty chairs and not do anything.

Agreed! Wearing black at a game does nothing! Its heart hurting to see a picture like this of arrowhead, just because the empty seats. but its obvious that is what will really make the change. I saw where you can get tickets to a chiefs game for around $10 dollars. some even less. What a disgrace! Im sure now that Clark is feeling it, but not because of "Black".

Coach
11-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Wow, is that stadium empty! They should have called it the clearout, not the blackout. Half of the people that had tickets on the 50yd line didn't even show up.

Eydugstr
11-19-2012, 08:27 AM
The scary part is the weather was incredible for this time of year in KC. What's it going to be like when bad weather hits?

ctchiefsfan
11-19-2012, 08:50 AM
I just hope this doesn't lead to the team being sold and moved.

NJChiefs
11-19-2012, 09:00 AM
I just hope this doesn't lead to the team being sold and moved.

Hmmmm...would you guys trade for the Jet's? Wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs a little closer to home. But only if they get to keep the cool Jerseys, name, logo etc. Its what sold me on them so many years ago when I watched them crush the Jets as a six year old. Then again, those were the days of Dawson, Taylor, Bell, Lanier etc.

ctchiefsfan
11-19-2012, 09:06 AM
NJ.....I'm stuck here in Ct, but the Chiefs wouldn't be the Chiefs if they were anywhere but Arrowhead.

kcvet
11-19-2012, 09:23 AM
that's a big crowd compared to what I saw in 77 when they went 2-12. avg attendence 5000 or less

reded
11-19-2012, 10:23 AM
that's a big crowd compared to what I saw in 77 when they went 2-12. avg attendence 5000 or less

Wait till it starts getting cold.

kcvet
11-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Wait till it starts getting cold.

don't I know it. I saw fans wearing cut out trash bags. we always took a jug a whiskey or rum with us. the guy I went with had season tickets and we had to stay there till the last tick on the clock. but we were trashed and didn't care

Eydugstr
11-19-2012, 10:57 AM

Well, we're working on 1-15....and there's stricter alcohol policy now...

kcvet
11-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Well, we're working on 1-15....and there's stricter alcohol policy now...

to bad. you need to be trashed to watch this

NJChiefs
11-19-2012, 01:03 PM
NJ.....I'm stuck here in Ct, but the Chiefs wouldn't be the Chiefs if they were anywhere but Arrowhead.

CT: I hear what you're saying. Some of the best times I've had are when I've flown out to KC with my son (he's a Broncos fan) to watch a Chiefs - Donkeys game in years past. Have you been out to Arrowhead?

ctchiefsfan
11-20-2012, 03:04 PM
CT: I hear what you're saying. Some of the best times I've had are when I've flown out to KC with my son (he's a Broncos fan) to watch a Chiefs - Donkeys game in years past. Have you been out to Arrowhead?

Only twice. Back in the '70s. I was planning a trip this year for the Oakland game with a local Raiders fan, but by the time we were ready to spend the cash we both agreed that with the way both teams were playing it wasn't worth the cost, time off work etc. By the time all was said and done it was going to cost about $1,200 each plus 2 days off work and we both felt that was too much for what we both knew was going to be a meaningless game. :sAng_scream:

AussieChiefsFan
11-22-2012, 12:55 AM

only 5000? like 5000 out of 80000 seats? wow