PDA

View Full Version : What if?.... 2013 edition

whackojacko58
11-27-2012, 04:13 PM
How would you guys feel if we brought in chip Kelly as head coach, picked up mike Vick in free agency as a security and drafted geno smith? Totally a what if but would be interesting to see how this would play out lol converse y'all :)

nigeriannightmare
11-27-2012, 04:19 PM
I have my concerns about college coaches coming to the NFL. Brian Kelly I think is also an outstanding coach as well. he has taken two programs to the national spotlight and turned notes dames program around quickly. I just don't know. I would welcome him and wish him success but you just don't see it that often. Does he have any nfl experience at all?

Lord-Chiefy
11-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Mike Vick equals one less chief fan!!!! ME!!!!! I WILL BOYCOTT THIS FRANCHISE!!!

AussieChiefsFan
11-28-2012, 12:50 AM
Kelly would be good but with a Rookie QB coming in, not Vick.

ctchiefsfan
11-28-2012, 12:56 AM
I'd be fine with that package. But then, I would be fine with most anything that showed that Hunt was making an all-out effort to make the Chiefs respectable again.

And no offense to Lord-Chiefy, but I think it would be great if this thread did not turn into a morality discussion about Michael Vick. I think this thread was intended to stir up some cheerful discussion in the midst of a dismal season not create a morality debate. But if you want to have that debate then how about starting a new thread for it and we can all get out our cudgels and bludgeon each other to death.

:chiefs:

Guru
11-28-2012, 04:20 AM
I don't see Vick as a viable option for a rookie to learn under.

MyManHali
11-28-2012, 06:36 AM
I have my concerns about college coaches coming to the NFL. Brian Kelly I think is also an outstanding coach as well. he has taken two programs to the national spotlight and turned notes dames program around quickly. I just don't know. I would welcome him and wish him success but you just don't see it that often. Does he have any nfl experience at all?

Who cares, atleast he would bring some structure and we would be incredibly fun to watch.

nigeriannightmare
11-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Who cares, atleast he would bring some structure and we would be incredibly fun to watch.

Harbaugh doesn't count as he was an nfl qb. Without some NFL roots give me one coach that has success making the transition. I can't, not saying it hasn't happened but I really can't think of one.

Because from what I have read he has zero nfl roots.

nigeriannightmare
11-28-2012, 07:49 AM
We should expand the case for manti te'o. He's climbed up to number 2 in kipers board. He wins the headman he undoubtedly will warrant some number 1 talk. The kid has nothing but upside. He's a team leader spiritually, mentally, has all the attributes you want in someone to be the face of ur franchise....our version of ray Lewis. Thoughts?

whackojacko58
11-28-2012, 09:17 AM
I like the nd linebacker but we can not ignore this qb situation any longer... Low chance of a star qb coming to us in free agency i agree no qb this year is luck or rg3 but no more 2nd,3rd, etc round qb projects we must answer our biggest need. Who will be under center...

chiefnut
11-28-2012, 11:23 AM
rather tebow than vick, and i really don't want tebow

Lord-Chiefy
11-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Dogs aside.. Vick sucks imo. Not very football smart. We need a qb that can read defenses read through receiver options and can throw a frikin ball past 25 yds

Eydugstr
11-28-2012, 07:59 PM
I like the nd linebacker but we can not ignore this qb situation any longer... Low chance of a star qb coming to us in free agency i agree no qb this year is luck or rg3 but no more 2nd,3rd, etc round qb projects we must answer our biggest need. Who will be under center...

A bigger question might be who will BE the center? Wouldn't be suprised if we wind up using a 2nd or 3rd draft pick on depth at center.

drstandley31
11-28-2012, 08:28 PM
The Vick choice is stupid. He's always hurt, and can't lead a team to where any team wants to go. He's not even in the conversation.

Chiefster
11-29-2012, 10:59 AM
I don't see Vick as a viable option for a rookie to learn under.

Agreed! I just don't see him as a "teacher" so to speak.