PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs are officially eliminated from the playoffs

Coach
11-27-2012, 10:40 PM
2012 Kansas City Chiefs: What went wrong - CBSSports.com (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21143502/rip-2012-kansas-city-chiefs)

Unfortunately this is how bad its gotten. On the bright side, we should have a really good pick in April!

N TX Dave
11-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Well it is official the Chiefs are out of the playoffs again! To bad they were the first team eliminated I had such high hopes at the beginning of the season.

Coach
11-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Well it is official the Chiefs are out of the playoffs again! To bad they were the first team eliminated I had such high hopes at the beginning of the season.
Me too. I've lived through plenty of bad seasons, but never were my expectations as high going into the season as this one.

Let's hope a new coach and QB puts this team back on track.

ctchiefsfan
11-28-2012, 01:00 AM
Worst season I have ever lived through, and I have been a Chiefs fan since the late '60s.

That said, there is a problem with that tombstone graphic...it has no year on it!!!!!!!!!

Like McArthur....WE SHALL RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:chiefs:

kcvet
11-28-2012, 10:55 AM
I think it was a slap in our face for Bowe to have his photo taken with Manning outside the stadium after the game. and also Charles getting his autograph. that should have been done inside IMO. but then im reacting to 1-10

video (http://www.kctv5.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7999301#.ULO9RH3N_DY.twitter)

doobs_05
11-28-2012, 12:45 PM
What makes it worse is the fact we could easily be 0-11 (but also 3-8). If they called the holding when charles broke that run against NO, we may have lost that game.

ctchiefsfan
11-28-2012, 12:59 PM
What makes it worse is the fact we could easily be 0-11 (but also 3-8). If they called the holding when charles broke that run against NO, we may have lost that game.

True. Way it is with football. Sometimes the bad calls or no-calls go against you, sometimes they go your way.

OPLookn
11-28-2012, 02:13 PM
True. Way it is with football. Sometimes the bad calls or no-calls go against you, sometimes they go your way.

Look no further then the Detroit/Houston game on Thanksgiving. Had they called the RB down Detroit very well may have won that game.

doobs_05
11-28-2012, 02:57 PM
http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Kansas-City.png

A little something for anyone whose a fan of the KC sports teams

ctchiefsfan
11-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Look no further then the Detroit/Houston game on Thanksgiving. Had they called the RB down Detroit very well may have won that game.

I well recall the first week of instant replay. Chiefs vs Oakland. KC completes a long pass to deep in Oakland territory late in the game. We were down by 4 I think it was. Play gets reviewed. Replay booth calls out over the headset "Pass is complete" STUPID DEAF ZEBRA hears "Pass incomplete" and that is the way it stayed and we went on to lose the game.

Sometimes you eat the bear....sometimes the bear eats you.

Chiefster
11-29-2012, 11:06 AM
This was set in motion long before before 11/25.

Guru
12-01-2012, 04:26 AM
This was set in motion long before before 11/25.

Yep, the day we traded for Matt Cassel.

Coach
12-01-2012, 08:01 AM
I well recall the first week of instant replay. Chiefs vs Oakland. KC completes a long pass to deep in Oakland territory late in the game. We were down by 4 I think it was. Play gets reviewed. Replay booth calls out over the headset "Pass is complete" STUPID DEAF ZEBRA hears "Pass incomplete" and that is the way it stayed and we went on to lose the game.

Sometimes you eat the bear....sometimes the bear eats you.
Wow! I had never heard that story.

Chiefster
12-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Yep, the day we traded for Matt Cassel.

:lol:

ctchiefsfan
12-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Wow! I had never heard that story.

Absolute truth! A deaf zebra cost us a game against the Raiders! Got a lot of press in the papers for the next couple of days (even in Washington, DC where I lived at the time) and led to some changes in how reviews are handled.

Lord-Chiefy
12-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Dude we literaly have a dead player!!! Not cool please delete thread.

Chiefster
12-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Dude we literaly have a dead player!!! Not cool please delete thread.

The thread was started by the site owner long before the news of Javon Belcher earlier today. Take a step back and see this thread for what it is apart from the sad news.

Chiefster
12-01-2012, 09:57 PM
After discussing it with Coach it has been determined to temporarily discontinue the discussion in light of recent events.