PDA

View Full Version : Who wants the #1 pick????

chiefnut
11-30-2012, 12:00 PM
ideal situation is for us to trade down, BUT who would want to trade up to #1? without a clear franchise QB or record breaking RB, or speed demon WR who would be the undisputed #1 overall pick that multiple teams would covet, and thus be willing to give us multiple picks to trade up for him?

N TX Dave
11-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Until it gets close to draft time we won't really know but that is the problem with everyone saying trade the first pick, it takes another team that covets the pick in order to be able to trade it. I said that earlier in the week, everyone ignores this fact and goes on and talks about trading it as though it is easy.

Chiefs fanatic
11-30-2012, 01:55 PM
I think we need to focus on QB. If we aren't sure that our top QB prospect is going to still be on the board when we trade down I wouldn't make a trade.

Lord-Chiefy
11-30-2012, 09:14 PM
We might get a free agent qb and we can get our lb

chiefnut
12-01-2012, 08:49 AM
I think we need to focus on QB. If we aren't sure that our top QB prospect is going to still be on the board when we trade down I wouldn't make a trade.

Jax is the first team
that will pick a QB

marloweopatchiefs
12-01-2012, 11:49 AM
The person who said jax will we the first team to draft a a qb is wrong. And people saying we will trade away our pick are dreaming. Kc will use there first pick to draft a qb. I garantee it.

chiefnut
12-01-2012, 12:59 PM
The person who said jax will we the first team to draft a a qb is wrong. And people saying we will trade away our pick are dreaming. Kc will use there first pick to draft a qb. I garantee it.

if the CHIEFS keep the #1 pick and use it on a QB they need to fire whomever they just hired as GM and coach,
the jags are the first team other than the CHIEFS in the top 10 piks that are expected to draft a QB and thus would be a likely candidate as a trade partner.

and be carefull what you "guarantee"

drstandley31
12-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Keep the first pick and draft the best player available within our needs. There are better QB's available outside the draft this year. Flynn is an example. There's not a QB in the draft worth the #1 pick, so there's no reason to even talk about it.

marloweopatchiefs
12-01-2012, 08:13 PM
if the CHIEFS keep the #1 pick and use it on a QB they need to fire whomever they just hired as GM and coach,
the jags are the first team other than the CHIEFS in the top 10 piks that are expected to draft a QB and thus would be a likely candidate as a trade partner.

and be carefull what you "guarantee"

Thats what is going to happen. A new gm will be picking. Probably geno smith

LondonChief
12-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Keep the first pick and draft the best player available within our needs. There are better QB's available outside the draft this year. Flynn is an example. There's not a QB in the draft worth the #1 pick, so there's no reason to even talk about it.

I agree

marloweopatchiefs
12-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I agree

Matt flynn stinks. He got beat out by a rookie. Geno smith will be a chief next season.

Guru
12-07-2012, 08:28 AM

I'm tired of this team always looking for the next hot backup. I want one from the draft.

Seek
12-07-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm tired of this team always looking for the next hot backup. I want one from the draft.

There is not one worth the first or second over all pick. If there is a team that covets the top two picks which are predicted right now to be a LT and ILB. They will trade up. If no one trades up, I don't care what people say about drafting a QB regardless. You take the best player. There is more than one hole putting us in this position and drafting a Ray Lewis type of beast at ILB for years to come is better than reaching on a QB because fans don't care about the value as long as it a QB.

I Personally would like to take Manti Te'o to fill the void we have at ILB. Then trade up later in the first round to get true value at QB, or use that second and or third on another qb.

Fact of the matter any QB we draft this year will most likely not turn this team around like Luck or RG3 did. It will take time.

Yes, I know it sucks there is not a QB like Luck or or RG3 but reaching on a QB just because could set this team back for more years to come.

LargoChief
12-07-2012, 05:33 PM
We won't have the first pick...Jax will!

N TX Dave
12-07-2012, 05:54 PM
We won't have the first pick...Jax will!

Yes we still at this time have the 1st pick because our strength of schedule is lower.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - 2-10 (.507 SOS)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - 2-10 (.576 SOS)
3. Oakland Raiders - 3-9 (.493 SOS)
4. Philadelphia Eagles - 3-9 (.500 SOS)
5. Carolina Panthers - 3-9 (.528 SOS)

Seek
12-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Yes we still at this time have the 1st pick because our strength of schedule is lower.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - 2-10 (.507 SOS)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - 2-10 (.576 SOS)
3. Oakland Raiders - 3-9 (.493 SOS)
4. Philadelphia Eagles - 3-9 (.500 SOS)
5. Carolina Panthers - 3-9 (.528 SOS)

I believe that was an optomistic approach saying we will win another game and Jax won't.

chiefnut
12-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Matt flynn stinks. He got beat out by a rookie. Geno smith will be a chief next season.

matt flynn was beaten out by a rookie QB who is as of now considered a viable candidate for rookie of the year even against rgIII and luck. maybe flynn doesn't suck, maybe he just got beat out by a great qb in wilson. both espn and the nfl network have been arguing that wilson may be every bit as good as both luck and griffin. :efpge:

raiderhater79
12-11-2012, 10:25 AM
matt flynn was beaten out by a rookie QB who is as of now considered a viable candidate for rookie of the year even against rgIII and luck. maybe flynn doesn't suck, maybe he just got beat out by a great qb in wilson. both espn and the nfl network have been arguing that wilson may be every bit as good as both luck and griffin. :efpge:

I don't see Seattle giving him up cheaply. I agree that Manti is a better pick. Imagine him with Hali, Houston, and Johnson. QB is a huge need but I am not sold on anyone high in the first.

-= K.C.J.=-
12-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Geno Smith will set himself apart throughout this offseason and combine. He will be the first player off the board in this years draft wether it's to our Chiefs or the Jaguars.

Coach
12-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Don't forget that we need more than one QB. I think we can now safely say that Cassel and Quinn are not long term answers. Considering Stanzi has not been capable of even taking a snap, let alone beating out the two awful qb's in front of him I think you can also safely say Dtanzi is not the answer.

We need bare minimum two QB's! Why not draft Geno Smith and Matt Flynn. You need two viable qb's to be legit anyhow. Any Bears fan can tell you that.

My vote is to draft qb's early and often. I don't care if we draft a QB with every pick. How many of those 6th and 7th rd picks actually play anyway? Until we find a QB, the quality of our defense won't matter. The defense has played decent this year. How much did that help us?

There need to be 3-4 new qb's brought in to camp at a MINIMUM!!!!!!

Chiefster
12-11-2012, 10:14 PM
I believe that was an optomistic approach saying we will win another game and Jax won't.

Sounds like wishful thinking. :sign0153:

Guru
12-12-2012, 02:55 AM
Don't forget that we need more than one QB. I think we can now safely say that Cassel and Quinn are not long term answers. Considering Stanzi has not been capable of even taking a snap, let alone beating out the two awful qb's in front of him I think you can also safely say Dtanzi is not the answer.

We need bare minimum two QB's! Why not draft Geno Smith and Matt Flynn. You need two viable qb's to be legit anyhow. Any Bears fan can tell you that.

My vote is to draft qb's early and often. I don't care if we draft a QB with every pick. How many of those 6th and 7th rd picks actually play anyway? Until we find a QB, the quality of our defense won't matter. The defense has played decent this year. How much did that help us?

There need to be 3-4 new qb's brought in to camp at a MINIMUM!!!!!!

THIS. Regarding the QBs.

I'm not a fan of Teo as a number one pick either. That is just as big of a reach as going with Geno right now.

Teo really isn't that impressive to me. I can see him being nothing more than average in the NFL.

Bike
12-12-2012, 10:37 AM
BPA with number 1 pick. Rest assured - that player won't be Smith.

Chiefster
12-14-2012, 06:46 AM
THIS. Regarding the QBs.

I'm not a fan of Teo as a number one pick either. That is just as big of a reach as going with Geno right now.

Teo really isn't that impressive to me. I can see him being nothing more than average in the NFL.

I wish we had been in this position last year with RG3 and Luck on the board.

AussieChiefsFan
12-14-2012, 06:56 AM
I wish we had been in this position last year with RG3 and Luck on the board.

True. It would have been infinitely awesome, but still, Id be happy with a guy like Geno!

MyManHali
12-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Of course you want the number 1 pick. Why wouldn't you?

We want the best qb prospect on the board.

nigeriannightmare
12-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Of course you want the number 1 pick. Why wouldn't you?

We want the best qb prospect on the board.

Dude how can you argue for this. Last year it was without a question that there were two franchise qbs, can't miss prospects, qb's that come around once in a while. Geno Smith isn't even remotely in the same conversation as these two. So the best prospect on the board projects to go 10 or lower and thats who you take at #!? Lets just hope Geno has one hell of a combine or tryler wilson or matt barkley?

swochief
12-15-2012, 04:03 PM

Don't want Flynn. A rookie beat him out in Seattle. I think they would be better off prying Cousins away from the Redskins. Still need to draft a QB early no matter what else they do(even better would be to draft two).

Eydugstr
12-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Sometimes I think we're missing the point...There's even bigger questions with the Chiefs. Will Pioli be around? Who will be the next HC? Who will be the next OC or DC for that matter?

I'm hoping that we do keep the #1 pick. If anything it'll help attract a quality GM or HC into coming to KC.

MyManHali
12-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Dude how can you argue for this. Last year it was without a question that there were two franchise qbs, can't miss prospects, qb's that come around once in a while. Geno Smith isn't even remotely in the same conversation as these two. So the best prospect on the board projects to go 10 or lower and thats who you take at #!? Lets just hope Geno has one hell of a combine or tryler wilson or matt barkley?

Well I have said in the past I would trade the pick down and pick barkley and the CB from bama.

Seeing as that will not happen this year we need to take the best qb prospect on the board, reach or not. Would anyone be complaining if we took Josh Freeman in 2009 at number 3 instead of Tyson Jackson?

No.

nigeriannightmare
12-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Well I have said in the past I would trade the pick down and pick barkley and the CB from bama.

Seeing as that will not happen this year we need to take the best qb prospect on the board, reach or not. Would anyone be complaining if we took Josh Freeman in 2009 at number 3 instead of Tyson Jackson?

No.

I think mark Sanchez was the first qb taken in that draft I could be wrong. And freeman is really up and down. Have you looked at that draft not too many success stories?

Guru
12-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Sometimes I think we're missing the point...There's even bigger questions with the Chiefs. Will Pioli be around? Who will be the next HC? Who will be the next OC or DC for that matter?

I'm hoping that we do keep the #1 pick. If anything it'll help attract a quality GM or HC into coming to KC.
If Pioli is still here next year, I may just pack up all my Chiefs stuff and send it to good will.

Chiefster
12-19-2012, 07:51 AM
If Pioli is still here next year, I may just pack up all my Chiefs stuff and send it to good will.

You think they'll accept it? :D

Bike
12-19-2012, 09:52 AM
If Pioli and his current scouting dept is still here, I say NO to the no. 1 pick.

raiderhater79
12-19-2012, 01:17 PM

and they will send it back to you