PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Chiefs player commits suicide at Arrowhead Stadium

Lewis_Chiefs
12-01-2012, 10:56 AM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/469543/untitled-1.jpg

Apparently there has been a possible shooting incident (possible suicide) at Arrowhead involving a player thought to be jovan belcher.

Truly shocking.

Report: Chiefs player commits suicide at Arrowhead after killing girlfriend | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/01/report-chiefs-player-commits-suicide-at-arrowhead/)

nigeriannightmare
12-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Apparently the player shot his girlfriend then went to the facility and killed himsel. Just when you think things couldn't get worse.

chiefnut
12-01-2012, 11:03 AM
very sad, it should never be so bad that you have to go to that extreme.

kcvet
12-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Fox news is ready to break a story about a shooting out there. I found this on the KC star

Police: Chiefs player kills girlfriend then kills self:

The Kansas City Star

Police: Chiefs player kills girlfriend then kills self

Kansas City police are investigating two related shootings that involve a Chiefs player, according to multiple reports.

According to KCTV-5, The Star's reporting partner, police say the Chiefs player shot and killed his girlfriend and then shot and killed himself at the team's practice facility near Arrowhead Stadium.

The first shooting was reported about 8 a.m. at a home near 54th Street and Chrysler Avenue. The second shooting was reported a short time later at the practice facility located on the Arrowhead facility.

Read more here: Police: Chiefs player kills girlfriend then kills self - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/01/3943134/police-chiefs-players-kills-girlfriend.html#storylink=cpy)

Fox link (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/01/kansas-city-arrowhead-stadium-on-lockdown-after-2-shootings-reports-say/)

still developing

my god tell me this IS a joke !!!!

Yoda
12-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Horrible....sad.....prayers go out to the families.

kcvet
12-01-2012, 11:09 AM
I just put it up to

chiefnut
12-01-2012, 11:23 AM
kinda makes worrying about who we draft pale by comparrison

kcvet
12-01-2012, 11:25 AM
this is awful.and a day before a game

Chiefster
12-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Wow....

Yoda
12-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Screw the game

#58ChiefsFan
12-01-2012, 11:36 AM
I feel ****ing ill. Prayers to my beloved team.

kcvet
12-01-2012, 11:37 AM
facebook claims it was Belcher

#58ChiefsFan
12-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Screw the game

Exactly

Panthers GM states they are still coming at this time. Who gives a flying **** about this game.

kcvet
12-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Exactly

Panthers GM states they are still coming at this time. Who gives a flying **** about this game.

not me

KCraised
12-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Screw the game

Exactly...

Just heard. This is just horrible

kcnation
12-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Exactly

yea they said the nfl told them to travel as planned...who gives a damn now

Chiefster
12-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Horrible....sad.....prayers go out to the families.

absolutely!

KCraised
12-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Heard it was Belcher. Is this confirmed?

kcnation
12-01-2012, 11:53 AM

im hearing that it was him also

Yoda
12-01-2012, 11:54 AM
There are some SICK DEMENTED people on twitter.

Chiefster
12-01-2012, 12:03 PM
There are some SICK DEMENTED people on twitter.

...Hoping they don't find their way here.

kcvet
12-01-2012, 12:11 PM

41 news says yes

nigeriannightmare
12-01-2012, 12:14 PM
This is absolutely heartbreaking. Day before a game in the middle of the holidays. Nothing but love and prayers for both families

kcvet
12-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher and a woman believed to be his girlfriend are dead, after Belcher apparently shot and killed her, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and shot and killed himself.

story (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/01/chiefs-linebacker-jovan-belcher-dead-in-apparent-murder-suicide/)

KCraised
12-01-2012, 12:20 PM
This is absolutely heartbreaking. Day before a game in the middle of the holidays. Nothing but love and prayers for both families

And have a. 3 month old daughter.....whatta catastrophe

kcvet
12-01-2012, 12:26 PM
According to police, Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend, 22, at home around 8 a.m. CT, with the woman's mother present and a witness to the murder. Belcher then drove to the team facility, where he later shot and killed himself in the parking lot of the team complex, in front of GM Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel, as well as other team personnel. A KCPD spokesman said Pioli and Crennel tried to talk to Belcher, who thanked the men before taking his life. Reports indicate Belcher just had a child.

Read More: Chiefs' Jovan Belcher reportedly*involved in apparent murder-suicide at team facility - Don Banks - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/12/01/chiefs-muder-suicide/index.html#ixzz2Dp26qcJi)

spiman
12-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Takes balls to kill thyself..Kill a women-Chicken Chit!

whackojacko58
12-01-2012, 12:30 PM
This is horrible my prayers go out to all family and friends

nigeriannightmare
12-01-2012, 12:32 PM
And have a. 3 month old daughter.....whatta catastrophe

Was she at home? Even more tragic.

kcvet
12-01-2012, 12:44 PM
a source at AOL sports

NFL officials are monitoring the situation and have not decided whether the game will be played but told Panthers interim G.M. Brandon Beane to have the team travel as planned Saturday afternoon to Kansas City, according to the Charlotte Observer. The team’s charter is scheduled to leave Charlotte at 1:15 p.m. ET.

KCraised
12-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Was she at home? Even more tragic.

Her mom was visiting them and thier 3 month. I dint even wanna think about the little one being there. I believe her mom was there

nigeriannightmare
12-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Her mom was visiting them and thier 3 month. I dint even wanna think about the little one being there. I believe her mom was there

Unbelievable!

kcvet
12-01-2012, 01:23 PM
KSHB 41 is now running continuous coverage

N TX Dave
12-01-2012, 01:52 PM
All I can say is man and God bless both families. This is unreal, killing yourself in front of other people???

matthewschiefs
12-01-2012, 01:55 PM
WOW and he shot himself right infront of Romeo and Pioli WOW just wow don't think it gets much worse then this

kcvet
12-01-2012, 02:04 PM
WOW and he shot himself right infront of Romeo and Pioli WOW just wow don't think it gets much worse then this

he fired when the cops showed up. the GM and HC will never be the same. for the rest of their lives

Graffex
12-01-2012, 02:11 PM
I want to express my condolences to all the people involved, the family's, coaches, players, and fans on behalf of Ravens nation. This is terrible and tragic and I feel for them and your guys fanbase. Keep your heads up.

#58ChiefsFan
12-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Romeo has to be one of the kindest people on the planet for him to have to witness this is truly saddening. I couldn't begin to understand what he and Scott are feeling now.

#58ChiefsFan
12-01-2012, 02:15 PM
I want to express my condolences to all the people involved, the family's, coaches, players, and fans on behalf of Ravens nation. This is terrible and tragic and I feel for them and your guys fanbase. Keep your heads up.

Thank You.

kcvet
12-01-2012, 02:19 PM
I just hope that child didn't see it.

the games on for tomorrow

KCraised
12-01-2012, 02:26 PM

Thanks for taking the time. Gotta take something good from a tragic situation and a class act like you is appreciated. Best to you

brdempsey69
12-01-2012, 02:31 PM
This is absolutely a horrible tragedy and, unfortunately, Belcher is not the first Chiefs casualty of this sort as the same type of thing happened to former Chiefs Left Tackle Jim Tyrer in 1980 just 6 years after he retired from the NFL.

matthewschiefs
12-01-2012, 02:33 PM
he fired when the cops showed up. the GM and HC will never be the same. for the rest of their lives

No they won't how can they be. I know a lot of people have wanted them both gone but I think at least for today and tomorrow we can but that aside and hope that they can move on from this the best they can. I think it's safe to say this is rock bottom our fall is complete now it's time to pick ourselfs up dust ourselfs off and try to recover as best we can.

Thank you to you and Yoda both in news like this it doesn't matter who your favorite team is it's never good to here news like this about anyone it's truly a sad sad day

KCraised
12-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Officially the darkest year in Chiefs history. All the controversy of a horrible team and call outs of classless fans and now massively overshadowed by a violent death of a player. I think we should call it a season.

KCraised
12-01-2012, 02:42 PM
No they won't how can they be. I know a lot of people have wanted them both gone but I think at least for today and tomorrow we can but that aside and hope that they can move on from this the best they can. I think it's safe to say this is rock bottom our fall is complete now it's time to pick ourselfs up dust ourselfs off and try to recover as best we can.

Thank you to you and Yoda both in news like this it doesn't matter who your favorite team is it's never good to here news like this about anyone it's truly a sad sad day

Yes, Yoda didn"t get recognized for a nice thing. Classy

texaschief
12-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Should this be the death knell for Scott Pioli?

MyManHali
12-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Romeo has to be one of the kindest people on the planet for him to have to witness this is truly saddening. I couldn't begin to understand what he and Scott are feeling now.

Romeo seems like a very kind person, I still dislike fat scott, I think he is a jerk.

I wonder if they will cancel the game tomorrow, you think they would almost have to.

KCraised
12-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Not to sound insensitive but I im going to the game tomorrow and wonder how they will recognize Belcher. I mean, he DID murder his girlfriend. Sounds like an extremely.sticky situation to me....

MyManHali
12-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Not to sound insensitive but I im going to the game tomorrow and wonder how they will recognize Belcher. I mean, he DID murder his girlfriend. Sounds like an extremely.sticky situation to me....

I really can't imagine a game tomorrow, maybe they will push it back to monday night?

KCraised
12-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Maybe so.
I'm sure the PR dept. Is roundtabling thise very subject, as we speak

#58ChiefsFan
12-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Romeo seems like a very kind person, I still dislike fat scott, I think he is a jerk.

I wonder if they will cancel the game tomorrow, you think they would almost have to.

Listening to the radio it doesn't seem like they will. That's not to say they won't but I believe its a bad idea, not knowing how focused our players will be. It's a 3-8 vs a 1-10 with zero relevance other than draft position, I guess that could be the reason for holding it though.

rodu
12-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Should this be the death knell for Scott Pioli?

don't see how the two could be connected, so no, if anything, the season was Pioli's death knell, this is just effed up

N TX Dave
12-01-2012, 03:01 PM
We ought to just forfeit the game and move on next week.
I know this will bother both the men, I had a 13 year old boy in my Scout Troop go home from a meeting that he was elected Patrol Leader at and kill himself about 1-2 hours later. I was talking to him in the parking lot after the meeting and we were talking about what we were going to do in the summer, that happened in 1989 and it bothers me to this day. Even if Pioli is a jerk and was the worse GM in history you need to have passion for him in this situation, it is not part of the job. No one should have to go through something like this. I know I want him to leave the Chiefs but I am putting him in my prayers for what happened to him today. This is real life and has nothing to do with the game or the team we love!

#58ChiefsFan
12-01-2012, 03:02 PM

The only PC way to do it would be a moment of silence for the tragic events that unfolded. You can't specifically mourn a murder.

KCraised
12-01-2012, 03:05 PM
The only PC way to do it would be a moment of silence for the tragic events that unfolded. You can't specifically mourn a murder.

Good answer and point. Mourn the tragedy, as a whole. Just would seem horribly inappropriate to say we wanna win this one for him. I don't know. Just a completely dreary day

Jswag37
12-01-2012, 03:06 PM
I know I'm not the first, but on behalf of the Raider Nation, I want to offer my condolences for your loss today. I despise your team to be honest... but @ the end of the day, you're people to and were only separated by 100 yards. I don't think they will, but if any of my fellow Raider fans crack jokes about this I appologize.

Good luck against the Panthers Sunday. These kind of things hurt, but now you'll see what kind of brotherhood you've got in this locker room. When Al died, Oak played balls to the wall. When Marquis Cooper was lost @ sea, we had the war pigeon incident. Hold it together guys. Through tragedy, character shines. I wish you nothing but the best and I look forward to beating you twice a year... Or @ least I hope.

#58ChiefsFan
12-01-2012, 03:13 PM
I know I'm not the first, but on behalf of the Raider Nation, I want to offer my condolences for your loss today. I despise your team to be honest... but @ the end of the day, you're people to and were only separated by 100 yards. I don't think they will, but if any of my fellow Raider fans crack jokes about this I appologize.

Good luck against the Panthers Sunday. These kind of things hurt, but now you'll see what kind of brotherhood you've got in this locker room. When Al died, Oak played balls to the wall. When Marquis Cooper was lost @ sea, we had the war pigeon incident. Hold it together guys. Through tragedy, character shines. I wish you nothing but the best and I look forward to beating you twice a year... Or @ least I hope.

Your sentiments are truly appreciated. This is about life not football, so Thank You for taking the time to make a post.

nigeriannightmare
12-01-2012, 03:19 PM
It's unprecedented, I would imagine resignations will be coming. Witnessing something of this nature has changed who pioli and crennel are. As much as we have trashed these two this circumstance no one should have to go through. I imagine crennel and belcher were really really close. F the game it shouldn't be played.

Yoda
12-01-2012, 03:27 PM
I just hope that child didn't see it.

the games on for tomorrow

If the game is still on, neither team should profit from it. All the proceeds should to organizations that help families of vitvims of murder and organizations dealing with preventing suicides.

2010chiefs
12-01-2012, 03:45 PM
heartbreaking for all those involved. My prayers go out to all of them and there families.

Eydugstr
12-01-2012, 04:08 PM
My sympathies go out to the families & people involved. Pioli, Crennel & the other officials didn't deserve to have this happen to them. Too stunned for words.

Lord-Chiefy
12-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Wow just wow... this sickens me!!!!

I liked belcher. Just shows ya that even rich folk gave issues.

Mcd5
12-01-2012, 05:10 PM
On behalf of all the Washington Redskins fans at bgobsession, our heartfelt thoughts go out to everyone impacted by this tragedy. Family, friends, players and fans alike are all affected by this terrible event.

Like you, we know tragedy. We felt much the same losing Sean Taylor five years ago. Hopefully some positives can come out of this for the entire organization, and its fans. Keep your heads up, and know we are thinking of all of you.

k4aic
12-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Just wanted to say, on behalf of Bengals Nation, thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the KC organization and all the fans here. Stunned to hear this news, Belcher was my age, so this is hard to take.

We in Bengaldom have also had experience with loss during the season (most notably, Chris Henry). And know how hard it is to think about playing tomorrow or caring about winning.

Sad he had a 3 month old, and feel bad for all the coaches and GM that witnessed this.

brdempsey69
12-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks to all of you fans of other teams giving their condolences. Much appreciated.

k4aic
12-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks to all of you fans of other teams giving their condolences. Much appreciated.

Hey at the end of the day, we are all people, who generally want and need the same things:). Football is a game but something like this, well honestly, can happen to anyone at any time and something way more important than a W or L.

yankeechief1
12-01-2012, 05:57 PM
I read that they have a little girl. Two people so young, very sad. I hope their little girl is well taken care of. Thoughts and prayers go out to their families, friends, and teammates.

KCraised
12-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Guess his girl got home at 1am from a concert at the Midland. Guess that didnt set well with him at all and they argued all night. Must have been a jealousy thing.

Eydugstr
12-01-2012, 07:06 PM

+1. Wish I'd said it earlier.

LondonChief
12-01-2012, 07:41 PM
I tend not to post on forums but in this instance I feel compelled to do so. I am sorry if this is slightly personal or goes off topic a bit. This was not my intention but just to share my feelings with you all on this horrible day.

Firstly, my heart felt sorrow goes out to all involved, to the families of the two souls lost but most notably to the little angel that has been left behind. I can only imagine that some people are finding this hard to stomach. I truly am 0very upset about this as I had come to think of Jovan as one of those gentle giant types. I guess there must have been some pretty bad stuff going on to make him act like this and truly believe this was out of his nature.

We go on a lot about Pioli and Crennel but whether or not he arrived at the camp on purpose or out of desperation, he seeked the above two mentioned. In the face of great danger both stood firm and tried to talk him down, I think this says a lot about both of them as human beings. If you had told me Pioli had run for the hills I would have believed you 999 999 out of a million times. I was wrong and I think we were all wrong about this guy in the face of what has happened. Much respect from me to both of them, they both obviously meant a lot and do a lot for these players, things that we as fans might not see.

I am sorry to side track this horrible tragedy but I thought this badly needed to be pointed out.

My thoughts and prayers are with their loved ones left behind. I am going through a very tough patch in my life right now, I have thought about 'it' and I can honestly say hand on heart that this has pushed me the other way, so in death I feel there is always savior.

God bless them both and may their troubles and souls rest in peace in heaven.

javontravonzimmerman
12-01-2012, 07:46 PM
All players take them......these are just the side affects

LondonChief
12-01-2012, 07:56 PM
I would also like to thank other fans from around the NFL for their messages, the Raiders get huge respect from me from today onwards. I ****ing hate them on the field but this ain't got **** to do with football. In desperate times, true characters are always revealed.

Tomorrows game should go ahead, this should bring us together as a team and community more than ever. Lets turn this season around and show the world what it means to be a chief.

Mcd5
12-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Tomorrows game should go ahead, this should bring us together as a team and community more than ever. Lets turn this season around and show the world what it means to be a chief.

:bananen_smilies046: For the rest of the season, we are all Chiefs fans.

tornadospotter
12-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Words can not describe how I feel right now. The senselessness and sadness of it.

I would like to thank the words of support from all the fans of other teams. To my fellow Chiefs fans, this sad time will fade away, but that little girl will know someday what happened, we should start a fund to support her. I do not have a lot, but I can donate some.

LondonChief
12-01-2012, 08:21 PM
I totally agree, The chiefs need to set up a trust fund for her. I would happily give 100bucks. If we don't play tomorrow then I do not think we are doing this little angel proud. we are gonna play and lets win it for her !

kcvet
12-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Pioli and RC are suffering the effects of PTSD and will probably have counseling. if RC sleeps tonite the effects of this will probably show tomorrow.

LondonChief
12-01-2012, 08:22 PM
:bananen_smilies046: For the rest of the season, we are all Chiefs fans.

:bananen_smilies046:

Kid Azteca
12-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Condolences to all KC Chiefs friends, family, and fans.

Lazeye
12-01-2012, 09:32 PM
This really sucks for all of us. I really feel for the little one and her grandmother that had to watch her daughter get killed. I WANT TO THANK THE FANS OF THE OTHER TEAMS THAT SHOWED UP HERE TO SHARE THIER THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS TOWARD THIS MATTER, you are all a Class Act! Thank you

N TX Dave
12-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I am going through a very tough patch in my life right now, I have thought about 'it' and I can honestly say hand on heart that this has pushed me the other way, so in death I feel there is always savior.

Please please talk to someone that will listen even if you have to pay for their time. If you have thought of it that is a sign that you need help, do not wait until something pushes you over the edge.
If nothing else think of the ones left behind, some you do not even know they do, respect you. Remember that you may or will mean the world to someone you may not even know at this time.

Miller
12-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Please please talk to someone that will listen even if you have to pay for their time. If you have thought of it that is a sign that you need help, do not wait until something pushes you over the edge.
If nothing else think of the ones left behind, some you do not even know they do, respect you. Remember that you may or will mean the world to someone you may not even know at this time.

Exactly, troubles will come and they will pass. IT WILL GET BETTER

2010chiefs
12-02-2012, 12:03 AM
nicely put guys. We all serve a purpose. Be patient and you will seE. Thank you to evryone from bengals, ravens, and raiders for your condolences. its consuming for all of us. thank you.

ctchiefsfan
12-02-2012, 12:28 AM
This is too awful.

The families.....

RC and SP having to listen to him say he was sorry and then.....

Will this damned season never end?

Thanks to the fans from other teams who have offered condolences. Every Chiefs fan in the country is hurting right now.

AkChief49
12-02-2012, 12:54 AM
This is undoubtedly a most horrific thing . My deepest sympathy for Zoe (I believe that is the little girls' name). She will never know her parents, never spend a Christmas....It's just too much to make any sense of.

Thoughts and prayers for the team- may God provide strength to process this. Also to Romeo C. and Scott P. who were witness to someone taking their own life.

Hug your wife/girlfriend, give her a kiss, and tell her you love her dear. Hold your kids, hug them hard, hold them near. Love one another!

AussieChiefsFan
12-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Just Horrible.

#58ChiefsFan
12-02-2012, 05:28 AM
Pioli and RC are suffering the effects of PTSD and will probably have counseling. if RC sleeps tonite the effects of this will probably show tomorrow.

Gary Gibbs was the third member of the staff to witness Javons last minutes. Need to keep him in our thoughts as well.

AkChief49
12-02-2012, 07:29 AM
Gary Gibbs was the third member of the staff to witness Javons last minutes. Need to keep him in our thoughts as well.
absolutely!

Chiefs in Serbia
12-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Incredibly,, I do not know what the young man had to make this...RIP from Serbia...

MissingTBone
12-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Suicide is a permanent answer to a temporary problem. To Write Love on Her Arms is a great suicide awareness organization. The few of you I've spoken to about my son know that I am a suicide survivor, not someone who has tried to commit suicide and failed but have lived through losing my son to it. Bless up to these 2 people.

kcvet
12-02-2012, 09:15 AM

for sure. anyone that witnessed it

Coach
12-02-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm amazed to see how many people's lives have been touched by a suicide in their own family/friends. I think it's a much bigger problem that we are led to believe.

kcvet
12-02-2012, 10:32 AM
the Panthers went thru this with a RB named Fred Lane many years back. from wiki:

On July 5, 2000, Lane made a phone call to his father telling him that he wanted to sell his motorcycle because he needed the cash. On July 6, 2000, he was shot and killed by his wife Deidra during an alleged domestic dispute. Law enforcement investigators believe Deidra Lane shot her husband moments after he arrived at their Mecklenburg home for the $5 million in life insurance he carried.

Deidra pled guilty to voluntary manslaughter. She claimed that Fred emotionally and physically abused her; however, the judge ruled that the shooting was premeditated and that she deliberately shot Fred twice, even though the first shot rendered him helpless. The judge determined that those factors outweighed the alleged abuse and gave her eight years in prison, the maximum sentence allowed. She served her sentence at Raleigh Correctional Center for Women. She was released on March 3, 2009.

KCraised
12-02-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm amazed to see how many people's lives have been touched by a suicide in their own family/friends. I think it's a much bigger problem that we are led to believe.

Indeed.
My uncle shot himself in the head wirh a .357 and wasnt successful.. you can imagine the damage done. He died from complications 13 years later. Alcohol and jealousy. A nasty mix.

kcvet
12-02-2012, 11:46 AM
remembering former Chiefs lineman Jim Tyrer

Saturday's tragic news that Jovan Belcher murdered his girlfriend before killing himself summoned the painful memory of another murder-suicide involving a member of the Kansas City Chiefs organization

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/7Br6CTVotNMV3OZRICFOgw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/tyrer121.jpg

story (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chiefs-sad-list-tragedies-includes-another-murder-suicide-192252632--nfl.html)

KristofLaw
12-02-2012, 12:10 PM
This is tragic news. My condolensces to the families involved and Chiefs nation.

BroncoGirl
12-02-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first, but wanted to extend my condolences to the Chiefs organization and the families and friends affected. I'm sure many from Bronco nation do the same.

I will be rooting for you guys today.

chiefnut
12-02-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first, but wanted to extend my condolences to the Chiefs organization and the families and friends affected. I'm sure many from Bronco nation do the same.

thanks, we do appreciate it

KCraised
12-02-2012, 03:28 PM

Thanks. They are playing really good today;)

nigeriannightmare
12-03-2012, 12:25 AM

My life has been touched by suicide and what makes me sad is that javon belcher is being portrayed as a violent woman beater. Something happened he snapped but depression is a disease not an act of violence as most people are saying. I am in no way saying he didn't make a mistake but something happened that none of us will ever know. He has been nothing but praised and his actions of Saturday are shocking to all that knew him. Javon deserves to be acknowledged for his accomplishments before the tragedy. He was the epitome of hard work gets you places. His depression/ or crime of passion is an isolated incident. The daughter left behind should be the focus.

He called his mom to come help first folks. There is something here that we will never know.

Ryfo18
12-03-2012, 12:30 AM
My life has been touched by suicide and what makes me sad is that javon belcher is being portrayed as a violent woman beater. Something happened he snapped but depression is a disease not an act of violence as most people are saying. I am in no way saying he didn't make a mistake but something happened that none of us will ever know. He has been nothing but praised and his actions of Saturday are shocking to all that knew him. Javon deserves to be acknowledged for his accomplishments before the tragedy. He was the epitome of hard work gets you places. His depression/ or crime of passion is an isolated incident. The daughter left behind should be the focus.

He called his mom to come help first folks. There is something here that we will never know.

I'm sorry, but I will not show any sympathy for a guy that shot his wife 9 times in front of her mother and then chose to take his own life forcing a 3-month old child to grow up never knowing her parents.

Furthermore, if this was some kook down the street, we would not take the time to acknowledge him for things he did previously in his life. We should not place him on a pedestal simply because he played in the almighty NFL.

tornadospotter
12-03-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm sorry, but I will not show any sympathy for a guy that shot his wife 9 times in front of her mother and then chose to take his own life forcing a 3-month old child to grow up never knowing her parents.

Furthermore, if this was some kook down the street, we would not take the time to acknowledge him for things he did previously in his life. We should not place him on a pedestal simply because he played in the almighty NFL.
I am not giving anything but prayers for and sympathy to the families involved, mostly to little Zoey, and the families of all who are in grief, and that is all of Chiefs Nation. We do not yet know why, and we all are at lost as to why. We may never know, but we must pray for and support all of us. This is just a sad time for all of us. That little baby, is in my heart a Chief forever!

nigeriannightmare
12-03-2012, 01:54 AM

First off it was his mother....his mother. He called her a d asked for help with the baby. It seems as if she was more interested in going out the being a mom. I know this first hand as I was told I don't want to be a full time mom. Secondly it's not because he was in the almighty nfl it was how he got there.....he worked his arse off. Undrafted out of Maine and Maine was the only school to give him a scholarship.

I was there bro. I felt nothing but hate for the mother of my children when she told me she didn't want to be a full time mom she still wanted to do her thing. I didn't do what he did but man was I angry.

KCraised
12-03-2012, 08:25 AM
First off it was his mother....his mother. He called her a d asked for help with the baby. It seems as if she was more interested in going out the being a mom. I know this first hand as I was told I don't want to be a full time mom. Secondly it's not because he was in the almighty nfl it was how he got there.....he worked his arse off. Undrafted out of Maine and Maine was the only school to give him a scholarship.

I was there bro. I felt nothing but hate for the mother of my children when she told me she didn't want to be a full time mom she still wanted to do her thing. I didn't do what he did but man was I angry.

Lemme get this straight.....your post seems like you are slamming her and defending him? Am I reading this right????

KCraised
12-03-2012, 08:28 AM
9 times?!? I hadn't heard that. Straight up murderer

nigeriannightmare
12-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Lemme get this straight.....your post seems like you are slamming her and defending him? Am I reading this right????

No I am not. I am saying that he doesn't have a history of violence, run ins with the law. This was a crime of passion he snapped. A murderer he will be labeled but this isn't a guy that has shown us that.

And crimes of passion end up being violent because of the emotion involved. But he called his mother for help with the baby. I was left with 2 kids, and two jobs for four months bro.... I'm not getting into it.

KCraised
12-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Well, he is a football player. He is out of town, practice, etc.
He might be the bigtime bread winner but a lot of football families have help from nannies and things like that and they are happy. Yes, a crime of passion. But we still have to recgonize the word crime

KCraised
12-03-2012, 08:50 AM
What's really interesting is how bad these times are around here, that we are debating murders and social issues, as opposed to simole football. Sad sad sad

nigeriannightmare
12-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Tragedy dude. New baby, success and then some crazy Shakespearean crap goes down. On top of a terrible season and I'm sure more details will come out.

KCraised
12-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Tragedy dude. New baby, success and then some crazy Shakespearean crap goes down. On top of a terrible season and I'm sure more details will come out.

*Ponders what it feels like right now, to be a Broncos fan*

doobs_05
12-03-2012, 12:41 PM

I'm with you on this.

KCraised
12-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Man, I just watched a hyvee interview of Josh Looney and Belcher and he seems like such a soft spoken guy. If thats how he normally is like they say, I can see why people wouldnt have seen this coming

LondonChief
12-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I think everyone needs to wait and see what confirmations are made about Jovan Belchers mental state. No one hear from what I have read is making this about his memory but the point is being made this was totally out of character and people just don't do things like this without being mentally unstable or being pushed into it.

N TX Dave
12-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I think everyone needs to wait and see what confirmations are made about Jovan Belchers mental state. No one hear from what I have read is making this about his memory but the point is being made this was totally out of character and people just don't do things like this without being mentally unstable or being pushed into it.

While I agree with you, no one could be pushed into this without have a mental problem of some kind, not to kill the mother of your child. Knowing all the while if you did your child would not have a parent because you are not going to get away with it.

kcvet
12-03-2012, 08:47 PM
our know it all sports commentator says its the guns fault

Bob Costas on Gun Control following Jovan Belcher tragedy Sunday Night Half-Time Show Tribute - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOi7If0zW9s&feature=player_embedded)

CNN Blames Culture of 'Manliness' For Belcher Murder/Suicide

columnist Jason Whitlock of Fox Sports suggested that this “25-year-old kid” wasn’t responsible for his actions – it was the “gun culture” that was to blame. Then, Bob Costas of NBC repeats this idiotic notion, even though the 6’2”, 228 lb. linebacker for the Kansas City Chiefs could easily have murdered his girlfriend with a knife.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/12/03/CNN-culture-of-manliness-Belcher

being experts in psychology why should we dobt their findings????

#58ChiefsFan
12-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Hey Whitlock **** YOU!

and Bob Costas you worthless dumb**** **** YOU TOO!

What a steaming pile of **** and quite possibly the ****tiest ****ing timing on purpose I've seen.

Self righteous ****sticks.

nigeriannightmare
12-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Hey Whitlock **** YOU!

What a steaming pile of **** and quite possibly the ****tiest ****ing timing on purpose I've seen.

If he was angry to empty a clip then he would have used any weapon he could have found.

kcvet
12-03-2012, 10:27 PM
im guessing the autopsy is done by now. maybe some results will be released soon and we'll have some answers

Chiefster
12-04-2012, 12:34 AM
So, given Whitlocks logic, I guess if Javon would have used a knife then the knife will have been the culprit. People have used cars to commit homicide as well, perhaps we should all ride bicycles instead. Javon Belcher did this, the gun was merely the instrument.

AkChief49
12-04-2012, 08:33 AM
You're right Chiefster, it's tiresome with these idiots who think that it's the guns' fault. He shot her 9 times. Would he have stabbed her 30? Strangled her? Beat her to death? Bob Costas is an *** and always will be.

Ryfo18
12-04-2012, 10:00 AM
So, given Whitlocks logic, I guess if Javon would have used a knife then the knife will have been the culprit. People have used cars to commit homicide as well, perhaps we should all ride bicycles instead. Javon Belcher did this, the gun was merely the instrument.

They both believe that they know that Jovan wouldn't have murdered her had he not had a gun around, and they nor anyone else can prove what he would have done. Their logic is basically that if banning guns can save lives, then it should be done. What they fail to acknowledge though is that not banning guns also saves lives.

Chiefster
12-04-2012, 10:26 AM
You're right Chiefster, it's tiresome with these idiots who think that it's the guns' fault. He shot her 9 times. Would he have stabbed her 30? Strangled her? Beat her to death? Bob Costas is an *** and always will be.

They both believe that they know that Jovan wouldn't have murdered her had he not had a gun around, and they nor anyone else can prove what he would have done. Their logic is basically that if banning guns can save lives, then it should be done. What they fail to acknowledge though is that not banning guns also saves lives.

Agreed, They both fail to address, IMO, the real issue that being the crime itself. Murder and suicide existed long before there were firearms. I don't own a firearm nor am I card carrying member of the NRA, I simply recognize where this line of thinking leads and it's not a good place. If "they" can take away a persons right to bear arms then what's to keep them from stripping us of other freedoms as well.

Hayvern
12-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Nothing is anyone's own fault anymore. Had Javon not had a gun, then he would not have killed anyone. Really? So its not Javon's fault that he shot his girlfriend, it is the fault of the gun culture.

It is not Javon's fault that he is a murderor, it is because he was messed up on meds. Really? So now it is the NFL's fault too.

And we play into that crap. Honoring him and memorilizing him. He is the one that performed this heinous crime, yet we have all of these people trying to blame others, and we have all of this honoring for a man that committed murder.

He should be shunned, forgotten, put away, but because this guy played professional football, we put him up on a pedestal higher than others and consider him above reproach for his own decisions and actions.

kcvet
12-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Police say the Chiefs had been providing counseling to Belcher and his girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins. Police Sgt. Richard Sharp told The Star that the couple had been arguing over relationship and financial issues for months and that the team had been "bending over backward" trying to help them.

According to the New York Post, Belcher had dinner with another women Friday night before staying over at her apartment. After returning to his home on the 5400 block of Crysler Avenue, The Star reports that he and Perkins were heard arguing.

That's when the yelling, and ultimately the gunfire, began.

source (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-12-04/kansas-city-chiefs-shooting-jovan-belcher-murder-suicide-girlfriend-killed-news?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D241160)

Chiefster
12-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Nothing is anyone's own fault anymore. Had Javon not had a gun, then he would not have killed anyone. Really? So its not Javon's fault that he shot his girlfriend, it is the fault of the gun culture.

It is not Javon's fault that he is a murderor, it is because he was messed up on meds. Really? So now it is the NFL's fault too.

And we play into that crap. Honoring him and memorilizing him. He is the one that performed this heinous crime, yet we have all of these people trying to blame others, and we have all of this honoring for a man that committed murder.

He should be shunned, forgotten, put away, but because this guy played professional football, we put him up on a pedestal higher than others and consider him above reproach for his own decisions and actions.

I feel for the girl friends family, Among them Jamaal Charles, and their three month old daughter.

KCraised
12-04-2012, 12:33 PM

Amen to this post. Hearing more about the situation, he is starting to sound like a real piece of work

KCraised
12-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Still waiting for the "product of his enviroment" excuse.
Heard the cops found him drunk in a car in front of another womans house that he had been with friday night. And this guy is giving her a hard time about coming home at 1am? Nice

Seek
12-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I have not read everything so I am not sure what has been said, but from what I have heard and this is me putting different stories together and just my opinion and not to be considered a credited source. The incident this weekend was not about him owning a gun it was about a young person that lived the life of a NFL player with women and money.

Friends of Belcher say he heavily drank every night, and was on pain killers prescribed for his pain playing in the NFL. Some speculate that he was stressed as his career was looking over as he was being phased out of the defense specially against Denver. Others say he had head injuries and probably should have not played against Denver so the Chiefs schemed around him.

He and his girlfiend have been in domestic disputes for months, in which she has said she will take him to court to get as much money from him as she could. To me, he did something to really piss her off and bieng a NFL player I am guessing he was not very loyal to her and she caught him cheating, proabably more than once.

A couple months ago she moved to TX and ended their relationship. Apparently he ended up talking her into moving back with him in KC, in which they still had disputes mostly stating about money.

Friday night, Belcher was reported to be at the KC power and light district partying, while the girlfriend was at the Uptown partying. Just blocks away from each other. Maybe she saw him with another girl, I have not heard but the policy report stated that did not come home as he stayed with a different girl. When he came home, the girlfriend probably told Belcher to get his check book out she was done with him after giving him more than one chance. I am sure the toll of constant bickering and the confratation caused Belcher to lose total control of himself and he killed his girlfriend. Maybe it wouldn't have happened if he didn't have a gun, but 9 shots was enough hate that he could have killed her throwing something at her, or just beating her to death.

Belcher then went to Arrowhead to tank Pioli and Crennel and as the policy showed up he showed his remorse for his mistake and took judement upon himself.

All this talk about this being out of character is basically them not talking trash on a their friends after he is gone.

kcvet
12-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Hey Whitlock **** YOU!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aBB1dMgga_4/UL9HKru09OI/AAAAAAABuUg/yfPgBUy7QxM/s1600/theo5.gif

kcvet
12-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Belcher's mother's frantic 911 call

Hear Belcher's mother's frantic 911 call - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhcIMv6wUsw)