PDA

View Full Version : What I want to see

GarH
12-09-2012, 07:35 PM
I want the meanest, nastiest, most in your face coach out there. Someone who will make Haley look like sweet gentle grandmother. Someone who will make Lambardi look like a cream puff.

One thing we've learned this year is our players have ZERO self motivation. They've taken the year off under RC. To get anything out of them they need someone in their face 24/7.

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I want the meanest, nastiest, most in your face coach out there. Someone who will make Haley look like sweet gentle grandmother. Someone who will make Lambardi look like a cream puff.

One thing we've learned this year is our players have ZERO self motivation. They've taken the year off under RC. To get anything out of them they need someone in their face 24/7.

Not that Todd Haley was the answer but how foolish does it look now seeing the difference in the teams performance and how we just give the f up sooo easy. The stupid mistakes and penalties, the even keel approach isn't the way to go. But what coach is out there willin to come here. Jack del Rio is the only one I see willing to go to a small market team.

#58ChiefsFan
12-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Spend enough money and Clark could have any damn coach he wants, at the end of the day the NFL business is all about money.

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Spend enough money and Clark could have any damn coach he wants, at the end of the day the NFL business is all about money.

But that's if, we notoriously under spend on coaching. And with pioli here I just don't see gruden or cowher or Reid even coming for an interview.

Dick Richards
12-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Yes, when the only motivation they recieve is after a team mate suicide.... you know there is no motivation. rac did good under the circumstances of last week, but to win a game at the cost of two lives is not acceptable. It truely is the only reason we won and that is sad. And the story is very sad! Clean house and new QB should make next year a bit more acceptable I hope anyways.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 08:36 PM
I agree we need a coach that can get in players faces. This team was much better with Haley doing so. But we don't need a coach to go overboard with that. That was the problem with Haley. We need a balanced coach. Romeo is to soft on the players. They don't have a reason to fear when they messed up and we are seeing that. But just getting in there faces all the time can really turn a lockerroom against a coach and that's not good either. Todd Haley is proof of that.

#58ChiefsFan
12-09-2012, 08:38 PM
But that's if, we notoriously under spend on coaching. And with pioli here I just don't see gruden or cowher or Reid even coming for an interview.

You're right. I hope the Hunt family makes the right decision.

GarH
12-09-2012, 08:43 PM
I agree we need a coach that can get in players faces. This team was much better with Haley doing so. But we don't need a coach to go overboard with that. That was the problem with Haley. We need a balanced coach. Romeo is to soft on the players. They don't have a reason to fear when they messed up and we are seeing that. But just getting in there faces all the time can really turn a lockerroom against a coach and that's not good either. Todd Haley is proof of that.

They are going to cry like little babies if a coach gets in their face once a year. They are softer than marshmallows. Let them cry.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 08:48 PM
They are going to cry like little babies if a coach gets in their face once a year. They are softer than marshmallows. Let them cry.

Any player that soft shouldn't be in the game.

I don't think 99% of the players on this team are that soft. They won a lot more games with Haley then they have with Romeo but a coach can go overboard as Haley did. It was reported he said racist things to Bowe.(I don't remember where I just remember hearing it) No player should have to put up with that. A coach that goes overboard like that isn't going to keep guys playing for him long either.

But we do need a coach that is willing to get in guys face when needed I will agree with that.

GarH
12-09-2012, 09:00 PM
I would NEVER want to see racist statements! I'm just talking about being tough with them. They just won't put out anything for a "players coach". They've totally taken advantage of RC being a nice guy. They haven't even gone through the motions this year.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 09:12 PM
I would NEVER want to see racist statements! I'm just talking about being tough with them. They just won't put out anything for a "players coach". They've totally taken advantage of RC being a nice guy. They haven't even gone through the motions this year.

I agree with you there. RC is to nice to be a head coach he's a really nice man. He did a GREAT job last week in horrible situation I was just saying it wouldn't do much good to go from one extreme to anther. We already did that we need a guy who can get after guys when they need to be gotten after but won't piss off the whole team doing so like Haley did

texaschief
12-09-2012, 09:58 PM
If Bill Polian is brought in, I wonder if Dungy thinks about coming with him.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2012, 10:02 PM

I don't think so I am an avid watcher of the Dan Patrick show he's on every Monday and every time he's asked he says he's not intrested in any job right away doesn't even give it thought

drstandley31
12-09-2012, 10:47 PM
I never saw it documented that there was racest comments, so it's BS unless proven otherwise. What we have to deal with are coaches that are rejects from other teams, that are now running this organization. Today was just awful! disgusting! RAC, SP, and several others needs to pack their bags.

nigeriannightmare
12-09-2012, 11:49 PM

How sweet would that be. The Tampa Super Bowl was Tony's team period. He'll to the yes. I never even thought about that.

Eydugstr
12-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Anytime the Chiefs have gone with someone popular with the players...things haven't turned out well.

It didn't work with Wiggims, Herm Edwards or Crennel, all three of which that were popular with the players.

Three more games...I will be so thankful when this season is OVER.

Coach
12-10-2012, 09:29 AM

I agree that Romeo is too laid back to motivate players. The one week that players were motivated(belcher's death) we got a win against Carolina. Who, btw, beat Atlanta yesterday.

I'm not sure who the right choice is for coach, but I do know that Romeo is the wrong choice. I can't imagine that Clark or Scott would disagree with that given his track record as head coach in the NFL.

kcvet
12-10-2012, 11:36 AM
yeah ill go along with mean and nasty

Angry NFL Coaches - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGXHxhDMBBY)

dbolan
12-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Owner, GM, Coaches and Players..ALL at FAULT here.

Clean house. Nut up and get a REAL coach. The rest will come.

Seek
12-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Not that Todd Haley was the answer but how foolish does it look now seeing the difference in the teams performance and how we just give the f up sooo easy. The stupid mistakes and penalties, the even keel approach isn't the way to go. But what coach is out there willin to come here. Jack del Rio is the only one I see willing to go to a small market team.

I have not watched many games that Gruden commentates on so I don't know if that is just his style, but the game he did for the chiefs on Monday Night. He pretty much called the team out stating all the things he would do different and what the players needed to do. I really thought he was positioning himself for an interview.

To be honest, I loved the in game anaylsis of what both teams were showing and what the Chiefs should do next, and then was shocked when the Chiefs didn't do it.

I also loved his answers. I was never a huge Gruden guy, but they guy knows football and he knoes QB's. I would not be completely upset if he came to KC.

But first things first. We still have a HC for the Chiefs. Need to get rid of one before you hire one.

Seek
12-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Anytime the Chiefs have gone with someone popular with the players...things haven't turned out well.

It didn't work with Wiggims, Herm Edwards or Crennel, all three of which that were popular with the players.

Three more games...I will be so thankful when this season is OVER.

DV was a players coach!

Eydugstr
12-10-2012, 09:35 PM
DV was a players coach!

True DV was popular with the players, but he's more the exception than the rule. He was also notorious for very long tough practices, and guys competed for him to the point of fistfights every other practice.

But if a HC candidate comes in that's popular with the players and says that he'll have "shorter but more uptempo" practices the way Herm did....Warning flag!!

MyManHali
12-10-2012, 09:50 PM
I talked to Ray Mcelroy (who played corner for the Colts) in high school when he came to speak at our school 8 or so years ago, he said Jim Mora Sr. is the meanest coach you could ever have.

So there ya go.

nigeriannightmare
12-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I talked to Ray Mcelroy (who played corner for the Colts) in high school when he came to speak at our school 8 or so years ago, he said Jim Mora Sr. is the meanest coach you could ever have.

So there ya go.

Does he have a son he's gotta be pushing 70???

nigeriannightmare
12-10-2012, 10:17 PM
True DV was popular with the players, but he's more the exception than the rule. He was also notorious for very long tough practices, and guys competed for him to the point of fistfights every other practice.

But if a HC candidate comes in that's popular with the players and says that he'll have "shorter but more uptempo" practices the way Herm did....Warning flag!!

Remember the baby comment in reference to Larry Johnson he calls players out.

Guru
12-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Just give me a coach that holds players accountable. Great coaches do that.

swochief
12-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Just clean house. Start w/ the GM and probably most if not all the front office , the head coach and his OC absolutely must go , not sure who all needs to go on the defensive side.

Chiefster
12-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Just give me a coach that holds players accountable. Great coaches do that.

...This!

Eydugstr
12-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Remember the baby comment in reference to Larry Johnson he calls players out.

Yes, he did call LJ out, and did his best to put LJ's ego in check. But LJ was also an exceptional (^tthead. 52 other guys on that team didn't seem to have a problem with working hard for DV.

Whatever happened to LJ anyway? Has he lost all his money yet?

#58ChiefsFan
12-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Whatever happened to LJ anyway? Has he lost all his money yet?

Larry: "@jaredlaunius Sorry ur a cornball n ur mom birthed u broke. But I'm cakn patna. While u work or school for 5 dollas n hour. Ha!"

I think his bakery business is still going.