PDA

View Full Version : Hunt has no choice - Pioli must go.

Bike
12-16-2012, 07:39 PM
This team is utterly lost and Pioli hasn't brought in any backups that can start an NFL game. Pioli has failed Kansas City miserably and should be dismissed immediately.

matthewschiefs
12-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Every Monday I keep turning on ESPN thinking I will see Breaking News someone has been fired regardless who it is on this team every Monday I'm disappointed

Three7s
12-16-2012, 07:43 PM
At this point, I'm starting to think Pioli will have to resign. No chance of that happening. Clark doesn't have the balls to fire someone.

Bike
12-16-2012, 07:56 PM
After Pioli, Crennel, Dabol, and Sirianni all need to go.

nigeriannightmare
12-16-2012, 07:59 PM
After Pioli, Crennel, Dabol, and Sirianni all need to go.

This is worse than the hem era.

#58ChiefsFan
12-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Don't loose faith, there are rumblings at SOC that something's coming.

MyManHali
12-16-2012, 08:00 PM
A day I have been waiting for since January of 2011.

#58ChiefsFan
12-16-2012, 08:03 PM
A day I have been waiting for since January of 2011.

I have a cigar and a bottle waiting for something to celebrate.

Three7s
12-16-2012, 08:04 PM
I hate to say it, but those guys have no idea what Clark is thinking. All they can do is try to make Clark see the light and get rid of Pioli, but other than that, they have no power. I really respect them for giving such an effort and I hope it pays off.

KCraised
12-16-2012, 08:05 PM

Heard Pioli was headed to Dallas for his walking papers. We shall see. Rumorville

Bike
12-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Heard Pioli was headed to Dallas for his walking papers. We shall see. Rumorville
Tomorrow?

matthewschiefs
12-16-2012, 08:10 PM

Source?

swochief
12-16-2012, 08:11 PM
This team is utterly lost and Pioli hasn't brought in any backups that can start an NFL game. Pioli has failed Kansas City miserably and should be dismissed immediately.

agreed X2 I really hate the thought of being at least two years away from just being competitive again but that is what it shaping up to be. And that is only if they clean house immediately when this horrid season is over , if not sooner.

N TX Dave
12-16-2012, 08:13 PM
I am not sure what SOC is to me it is South Oak Cliff a suburb of Dallas

#58ChiefsFan
12-16-2012, 08:18 PM
I am not sure what SOC is to me it is South Oak Cliff a suburb of Dallas

SaveOurChiefs

Twitter or Facebook if you want to look them up more.

N TX Dave
12-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Okay thanks I have heard of the group but did not relate the SOC to them.

nigeriannightmare
12-16-2012, 08:21 PM
This is for the people that obviously either don't read well or understand what I have written.

IMO I feel that the Chiefs should draft the BPA with the first pick and to me right now its Manti Te'O. I think after the national championship game and combine he will be the number one pick. That's my opinion.

Secondly I think that if we do take the BPA with the first pick we have the opportunity with the 33rd pick and 2 3rd rounders we have the ability to get back intio the first round to take a qb that is of the same talent as Geno Smith.

I think that those of us arguing for Te'O just want us to take the BPA and we do not feel that Geno Smith is it.

An even better option to me is to trade down to the middle of the first round get a Tyler Wilson or Matt Barkley and get a couple extra picks for the draft.

So this Te'O crap is quite childish. Because I highly doublt any of you have watched one notre dame game or have any friends from south bend that can attest to the fact that Manti is an even better person than he is athelete. Just like Andrew Luck and RGII. They not only have the talent but are good high character people.
Someone other than the QB can be the face of a franchise. Ray Lewis, Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald...THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT WE STILL CAN NOT AQUIRE A QB OF EQUAL TALENT TO THE ONE PROJECTED WE TAKE. THE QB'S IN THIS DRAFT ARENT SEPERATED BY A LOT. WE CAN STILL GET A QBOTF WITHOUT DRAFTING ONE FIRST!

Now if by some miracle Geno Smith blows everyone away at the combine then we take him. But everything I have read is that this is gonna be the first combine all the qb's are gonna throw and not just at their pro day. So that tells me that their are already doubts.

End rant.

nigeriannightmare
12-16-2012, 08:23 PM
If a mod could help a brother out this was supposed to start a new thread not post in one. Apparently the rumple minze has my vision blurred.

Three7s
12-16-2012, 09:25 PM
This is for the people that obviously either don't read well or understand what I have written.

IMO I feel that the Chiefs should draft the BPA with the first pick and to me right now its Manti Te'O. I think after the national championship game and combine he will be the number one pick. That's my opinion.

Secondly I think that if we do take the BPA with the first pick we have the opportunity with the 33rd pick and 2 3rd rounders we have the ability to get back intio the first round to take a qb that is of the same talent as Geno Smith.

I think that those of us arguing for Te'O just want us to take the BPA and we do not feel that Geno Smith is it.

An even better option to me is to trade down to the middle of the first round get a Tyler Wilson or Matt Barkley and get a couple extra picks for the draft.

So this Te'O crap is quite childish. Because I highly doublt any of you have watched one notre dame game or have any friends from south bend that can attest to the fact that Manti is an even better person than he is athelete. Just like Andrew Luck and RGII. They not only have the talent but are good high character people.
Someone other than the QB can be the face of a franchise. Ray Lewis, Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald...THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT WE STILL CAN NOT AQUIRE A QB OF EQUAL TALENT TO THE ONE PROJECTED WE TAKE. THE QB'S IN THIS DRAFT ARENT SEPERATED BY A LOT. WE CAN STILL GET A QBOTF WITHOUT DRAFTING ONE FIRST!

Now if by some miracle Geno Smith blows everyone away at the combine then we take him. But everything I have read is that this is gonna be the first combine all the qb's are gonna throw and not just at their pro day. So that tells me that their are already doubts.

End rant.
This is a QB league, not an MLB league.

nigeriannightmare
12-16-2012, 09:35 PM
This is a QB league, not an MLB league.

Are u freaking serious? U obviously have blinders on and don't understand English. We have nothin to say to each other. But tell ray Lewis that and see what happens. You probably wouldn't have the balls to. He won a flipping Super Bowl with Trent dilfer. A once in a lifetime player is that regardless of position. Derrick Thomas didn't mean crap to this franchise you are correct.....I digress.

Seriously dude. So apparently I can't have an opinion. All knowing football forum members please tell me what to think because apparently an individual is incapable of forming an opinion. What a freaking joke?

whackojacko58
12-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Ok back to pioli being fired tomorrow....

nigeriannightmare
12-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Ok back to pioli being fired tomorrow....

aint gonna hapen. Apparently firing anyone at this time is a moot point. We suck nothings gonna change until after the superbowl.

whackojacko58
12-16-2012, 11:13 PM
I politely disagree it would give us just that much more time to test the waters get all the ducks in a row we could fire pioli fire Daboll fire crenell and name Jim zorn head coach for the remainder of season what would it hurt

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-16-2012, 11:35 PM
I dont think firing them now gets us to where we need to be. Look at last year we put crennel in as interm coach we hire him then we have a year like this!! Wait til the end then ax them all!!!!

Ryfo18
12-17-2012, 12:06 AM
Are u freaking serious? U obviously have blinders on and don't understand English. We have nothin to say to each other. But tell ray Lewis that and see what happens. You probably wouldn't have the balls to. He won a flipping Super Bowl with Trent dilfer. A once in a lifetime player is that regardless of position. Derrick Thomas didn't mean crap to this franchise you are correct.....I digress.

This is the exception. Name the QBs that have won Super Bowls since then.

And Derrick Thomas was not a MLB, he was an OLB and pass rusher for the most part.

nigeriannightmare
12-17-2012, 01:20 AM

And Derrick Thomas was not a MLB, he was an OLB and pass rusher for the most part.

He played defense and was the face if the franchise for how long? Special players are special players regardless.

nigeriannightmare
12-17-2012, 02:09 AM

Big Ben and Eli were the same draft, 2004 loaded with talent. Tom Brady was a sixth rounder. Aaron rodger a late first rounder. Drew Bree's a second rounder. Kurt Warner undraftd. Peyton manining but he had a lot if hype.

So Big Ben, Eli and Peyton. Pittsburgh and New York who won superbowls coming in as wild cards. You have four qbs not taken in the top ten and three after the first.

And brad Johnson won one in that time frame.

texaschief
12-17-2012, 04:54 AM
ya, this deep into his tenure, I would've expected at least a .500 team if he wanted to keep his job. I don't see how Hunt could look at the environment at Arrowhead that Pioli has created and think the organization is headed in a positive direction.

Three7s
12-17-2012, 08:06 AM

Seriously dude. So apparently I can't have an opinion. All knowing football forum members please tell me what to think because apparently an individual is incapable of forming an opinion. What a freaking joke?
Should I be respectful or flame you outright? Whoops, I saw Ryfo make my post for me. I will mention this though. When's the last time a DEFENSE won a super bowl? And I'm not talking about the Giants which had Eli Manning play as clutch as ever against the Patriots. I'll tell you when. The 2002 Buccaneers. 10 FREAKING YEARS AGO! Every other SB winner has had an elite QB at the helm. Without Brady, Manning, Rogers, or Roethlisberger, none of those teams sniff a SB. But it's okay, a MLB will solve all our woes!

MissingTBone
12-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Drafting a qb as a reach with the number 1 pick will solve all our woes?? This team currently seems to be full of underperforming players, and draft reaches/busts already, let's draft a qb who isn't worth the number 1 pick. That'll be just great!! I'm saying nobody's drafting for a while. Let's wait an see what happens from seasons end til the draft before we really decide who we're ginna draft.

nigeriannightmare
12-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Should I be respectful or flame you outright? Whoops, I saw Ryfo make my post for me. I will mention this though. When's the last time a DEFENSE won a super bowl? And I'm not talking about the Giants which had Eli Manning play as clutch as ever against the Patriots. I'll tell you when. The 2002 Buccaneers. 10 FREAKING YEARS AGO! Every other SB winner has had an elite QB at the helm. Without Brady, Manning, Rogers, or Roethlisberger, none of those teams sniff a SB. But it's okay, a MLB will solve all our woes!

You must not understand english so I will spell it out for you. The only 2 qbs, so three out of the last t0 superbowls were won by a qb drafted in the top 10. thats 30%. Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, Big Ben, Aaron Rogers all drafted out of the top 10 and 3 weren't in the first round. So your argument to say that we have to have the first qb off the board to have success isn't completely inaccurate. WE CAN STILL DRAFT A QB OUTSIDE OF THE TOP 10 AND HAVE SUCCESS! YOU AREN'T GONNA CHANGE MY MIND ABOUT THAT! But please put me on blast. 2 of the last 10 superbowl winning qbs are manning brothers and are the only 2 taken first. And you can bet the farm that geno smith is not eli or peyton.

Lord-Chiefy
12-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Pioli will nit go

Lord-Chiefy
12-17-2012, 09:18 AM
No to geno..get teo come back and get qb just not Barkley.

Eydugstr
12-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Far as I'm concerned...Pioli made his bed, let him lie in it. Ditto for Crennel and Dabol. If Hunt was going to fire someone, do it midway in the season, when the replacement coaches would have a chance to save the season.

Monday morning after season's end...have security assist them in cleaning out their desks and lockers.

reded
12-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Drafting a qb as a reach with the number 1 pick will solve all our woes?? This team currently seems to be full of underperforming players, and draft reaches/busts already, let's draft a qb who isn't worth the number 1 pick. That'll be just great!! I'm saying nobody's drafting for a while. Let's wait an see what happens from seasons end til the draft before we really decide who we're ginna draft.

This. I don't believe in reaching just because you need to fill a void. Take the BPA and draft in later round, buy or trade for the player you need.

LargoChief
12-17-2012, 11:46 AM
I cannot wait to see what happens. I too am anticipating huge changes soon!!! Okay...praying for change!

Bike
12-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Its kinda getting old that the off-season is the most exciting part of the year at one Arrowhead Drive.

Lord-Chiefy
12-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Omg nothing will change. Pioli will be back as well as coaches and Matt. Probably lose bowe.

Guru
12-18-2012, 04:35 AM
At this point, I'm starting to think Pioli will have to resign. No chance of that happening. Clark doesn't have the balls to fire someone.

He has to. If he doesn't he will lose the fanbase. At this point everyone knows what the problem is.

Chiefster
12-18-2012, 03:31 PM
He has to. If he doesn't he will lose the fanbase. At this point everyone knows what the problem is.

He's all but completely lost the fan base already.

Guru
12-19-2012, 02:10 AM
He's all but completely lost the fan base already.

You are wrong. The fanbase is holding out hope that Clark knows Pioli has got to go. If that doesn't happen the STHs will speak with their wallets.

Chiefster
12-19-2012, 06:28 AM
You are wrong. The fanbase is holding out hope that Clark knows Pioli has got to go. If that doesn't happen the STHs will speak with their wallets.

That's a valid point. I was speaking from from a point of view of the more than a half empty stadium at each home game. However, empty seats really doesn't resonate with Clark if they're already paid for.

Guru
12-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Of course, with todays TV contracts, empty seats don't carry as much weight as they used to.

Chiefster
12-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Of course, with todays TV contracts, empty seats don't carry as much weight as they used to.

Yup, sad but true.

Bike
12-19-2012, 09:35 AM
4 reasons Pioli must go:

1. Haley
2. Cassel
3. Crennel
4. Failing to address the OL in his first year. TJ was a huge reach at number 3 with a draft heavy in quality OL in the first round.

I was actually persuaded to come on board with the above choices, and was actually pretty optimistic. How wrong I was. But then, I don't get paid millions to build an NFL franchise. These choices that Pioli made are the top 4 reasons we are 2-14 today.

Ryfo18
12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
4 reasons Pioli must go:

1. Haley
2. Cassel
3. Crennel
4. Failing to address the OL in his first year. TJ was a huge reach at number 3 with a draft heavy in quality OL in the first round.

I was actually persuaded to come on board with the above choices, and was actually pretty optimistic. How wrong I was. But then, I don't get paid millions to build an NFL franchise. These choices that Pioli made are the top 4 reasons we are 2-14 today.

I gotta be honest, I don't see any elite O-linemen that came out of that 2009 draft: 2009 NFL Draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft)

I don't think there is one all-pro in there. The 2009 draft was just bad. The players picked after Jackson were

- Aaron Curry (cut by 2 teams)
- Sanchez (awful)
- Andre Smith (played 13 games his first two seasons, never made it as a LT but is starting RT for the Bengals now)
- Darius Heyward-Bey (Been pretty "meh" for his career to date)
- Eugene Monroe (probably the best of the group, but KC had a LT)
- B.J. Raji (had a pro-bowl season and has been awful since)
- Michael Crabtree (finally starting to come around in his 4th year)
- Aaron Maybin (been cut from several teams)
- Knowshon Moreno (he was going nowhere until McGahee got hurt and Manning arrived)
- Brian Orakpo (he's the bets player on this list)

I think we've all put a lot of emphasis on thinking that 1st rounders are always can't-miss studs that play in the league for the next 12 years. The reality is, Jackson was a good first round pick for several reasons.

1.) KC was moving to a 3-4 defense and desperately needed 3-4 DEs.
2.) Tyson Jackson has been a solid run-stopping 3-4 DE.
3.) He's still on the team and playing well.

When you have high expectations for 1st rounders, I'd say 90% of the time you're going to be let down. But if a team is constantly plucking players out that contribute for 5+ years, is that really a bad thing?

Bike
12-19-2012, 11:21 AM
I gotta be honest, I don't see any elite O-linemen that came out of that 2009 draft: 2009 NFL Draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft)

I don't think there is one all-pro in there. The 2009 draft was just bad. The players picked after Jackson were

- Aaron Curry (cut by 2 teams)
- Sanchez (awful)
- Andre Smith (played 13 games his first two seasons, never made it as a LT but is starting RT for the Bengals now)
- Darius Heyward-Bey (Been pretty "meh" for his career to date)
- Eugene Monroe (probably the best of the group, but KC had a LT)
- B.J. Raji (had a pro-bowl season and has been awful since)
- Michael Crabtree (finally starting to come around in his 4th year)
- Aaron Maybin (been cut from several teams)
- Knowshon Moreno (he was going nowhere until McGahee got hurt and Manning arrived)
- Brian Orakpo (he's the bets player on this list)

I think we've all put a lot of emphasis on thinking that 1st rounders are always can't-miss studs that play in the league for the next 12 years. The reality is, Jackson was a good first round pick for several reasons.

1.) KC was moving to a 3-4 defense and desperately needed 3-4 DEs.
2.) Tyson Jackson has been a solid run-stopping 3-4 DE.
3.) He's still on the team and playing well.

When you have high expectations for 1st rounders, I'd say 90% of the time you're going to be let down. But if a team is constantly plucking players out that contribute for 5+ years, is that really a bad thing?
We could have found a spot on out OL for Monroe. If you'll remember, Albert played guard along side of Monroe at Virginia. And obviously Orapko should have been the pick over TJ (If going defense, which I didn't agree with). We screwed that draft up.

Ryfo18
12-19-2012, 11:23 AM
We could have found a spot on out OL for Monroe. If you'll remember, Albert played guard along side of Monroe at Virginia. And obviously Orapko should have been the pick over TJ. We screwed that draft up.

I agree that's the ideal situation. But keep in mind that 12 other teams passed on Orakpo too. Hindsight always says to take the best player that came out of the draft.

Bike
12-19-2012, 11:25 AM
I agree that's the ideal situation. But keep in mind that 12 other teams passed on Orakpo too. Hindsight always says to take the best player that came out of the draft.
Keep in mind that TJ was projected middle to late first round, and some had him going in the 2nd round. Grabbing him at 3 was a reach.

Ryfo18
12-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Keep in mind that TJ was projected middle to late first round, and some had him going in the 2nd round. Grabbing him at 3 was a reach.

I completely agree it was a reach. But I'll give some credit to the fact that he's still playing on this team and is a solid starter. The same can't be said for some other guys I listed.

Bike
12-19-2012, 11:45 AM
I completely agree it was a reach. But I'll give some credit to the fact that he's still playing on this team and is a solid starter. The same can't be said for some other guys I listed.
He's a solid starter as far as stopping the run. But - in this pass-happy league, he has to be able to adjust and get to the qb on passing situations. Since he doesn't have this ability or any ability to cover a TE or slot receiver, he is basically wasted on 2/3's of the snaps. I just don't see it.