PDA

View Full Version : Crennel has got to go

Seek
12-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Just to beat a dead horse some more.

Last month, Crennel fired himself as defensive coordinator because he wanted to spend more time and attention on the offense. The Chiefs were averaging 357.5 yards and 16.6 points then. They’re averaging 270.3 yards and 10.3 points since.
Read more here: Chiefs’ level of incompetence reaches new heights - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/16/3969257/sam-mellinger-chiefs-level-of.html#storylink=cpy)

I also heard on the radio today that the Defense since Gibbs has taken over has improved since Crennel handed it over.

The guy took a promising team this year and ran into into the ground. He is old schooled Football and the came has passed him by.

His excuse for keeping Breaston on the side line is that he thought the guys he played gave them a better chance to win. Wow, just think how bad Breaston must be.

#58ChiefsFan
12-17-2012, 02:25 PM
From another forum in regards to Romeo according to Marty McDonald of SOC.

"So I mentioned Crennel and a buyout. The guy is just flat out exhausted. I'm hearing some health issues are popping up but Clark is sympathetic to what is going on with Romeo and what he's been through. Basically, for pension purposes (even at vested status), Romeo still needs credit for a full 16-game schedule. This is the deal worked out. It's respectable. And the Chiefs want that #1 pick."

Coach
12-17-2012, 02:59 PM
From another forum in regards to Romeo according to Marty McDonald of SOC.

"So I mentioned Crennel and a buyout. The guy is just flat out exhausted. I'm hearing some health issues are popping up but Clark is sympathetic to what is going on with Romeo and what he's been through. Basically, for pension purposes (even at vested status), Romeo still needs credit for a full 16-game schedule. This is the deal worked out. It's respectable. And the Chiefs want that #1 pick."

This explains a lot. It's about the only explanation.

#58ChiefsFan
12-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah I don't know how much stock to put into it but I do know those guys have spent a lot more time looking into this than I ever would. I don't think it's just a fabricated theory.

Seek
12-17-2012, 04:06 PM
So you are saying Crennel is probably just going to up and retire at year end and say Health reason to give Pioli and out for hiring him.

Miller
12-17-2012, 04:40 PM
So you are saying Crennel is probably just going to up and retire at year end and say Health reason to give Pioli and out for hiring him.

I hope that Pioli is gone too. SOC was saying that he made a trip to Dallas, that is were people get fired. So I am hoping he is just riding these last two games out quietly then leaves. Pioli cannot make another HC pick or draft pick. That would be crazy

#58ChiefsFan
12-17-2012, 04:51 PM

To be honest at his age, level of fitness and given the amount of stress this season has put on him I don't doubt there are health issues. Dudes at retirement age and where we are now doesn't look like an easy fix, who knows how long he was really planning on staying if the plan would have come together.

I agree with Miller that Pioli won't be the one to part ways with RAC.

swochief
12-17-2012, 05:47 PM
I hope that Pioli is gone too. SOC was saying that he made a trip to Dallas, that is were people get fired. So I am hoping he is just riding these last two games out quietly then leaves. Pioli cannot make another HC pick or draft pick. That would be crazy

I agree w/ you. His drafts have not been very good overall. And i cannot stand anymore of this secret secret "patriot way". I get trying to stay quiet on players if you think someone else might try to grab them but this is just BS. Also why are they afraid to talk about whats going on around the team ? I get seriousness of injuries and actual game plan for upcoming games but we get mostly "pickup those gum wrappers!" ?:whipping1:

MissingTBone
12-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Idk how Clark could possibly think the last 4 years has been even remotely enough to keep Pioli after seasons end. But I honestly won't be surprised if he is back next year. If he is it will greatly limit the coaching candidates that will wanna come here. A GM on his last leg, and a team with no real depth. I wouldn't wanna come here and coach for Pioli who could be gone along with you at next seasons end. And I really hate firing a coach after one year, but RAC should never have been named coach anyway, and basically got it by default. BUT... I'd love to beat Denver and knock em outta the 2 seed!!

matthewschiefs
12-17-2012, 07:28 PM
The only way I would want to see Romeo back is that if he was just there as someone to advise the players give them advice and things like that. The week this team needed a leader they played there best game of the season. The rest of the time when they needed a head coach not so good.

ctchiefsfan
12-18-2012, 12:43 AM
RAC is a good guy. I hope Hunt works out a way to let him go while still letting him retain his self respect.

As for Pioli.....Tar and feather the bastid at Arrowhead and sell tickets to the event. And let Donald Trump say the last words at the event....YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

Guru
12-18-2012, 04:26 AM
Dump Pioli and the rest will take care of itself. Lets just hope Clark has already done this and is waiting until the end of the season to tell the fans.

Chiefster
12-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Dump Pioli and the rest will take care of itself. Lets just hope Clark has already done this and is waiting until the end of the season to tell the fans.

I don't see how he can keep from getting rid of Crennel, but I wouldn't hold my breath on Clark dumping Pioli.

raiderhater79
12-19-2012, 01:02 PM
RAC is a good guy. I hope Hunt works out a way to let him go while still letting him retain his self respect.

As for Pioli.....Tar and feather the bastid at Arrowhead and sell tickets to the event. And let Donald Trump say the last words at the event....YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

I would rather have Vince McMahon tell him he's fired since he can say those two words much more awesome than the Donald can

reded
12-19-2012, 01:19 PM
My vote goes to Ed and Jim McMahon....in unison.

Seek
12-20-2012, 12:48 PM
To be honest at his age, level of fitness and given the amount of stress this season has put on him I don't doubt there are health issues. Dudes at retirement age and where we are now doesn't look like an easy fix, who knows how long he was really planning on staying if the plan would have come together.

I agree with Miller that Pioli won't be the one to part ways with RAC.

You can go check the history, but this was the biggest reason I didn't want him hired. I didn't was to discriminate against his age, but I did.

He was a short term higher and not very logical in my opinion.

drstandley31
12-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Here's one reason why I think he's totally lost it: 4th and less than 1 at Denver's 4 yard line, (Denver who was averaging 30 pts a game), and he elects to kick a FG. 4th and 9 against the Raiders, in 9-0 game against a Defense that's given up more points in the NFL than anybody, and to cut the lead to 1 score, and he goes for it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Seek
12-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Not sure I agree with the 4th and 1 yesterday when the game was tied and the defense had been stout all game. That being said, they went right down the fields after that and scored. What really pisses me off was the 3rd and 9 with 2.58 minutes left in the game, and the Chiefs ran it for a yard. Punted and never got the ball again. Really, a run on 3rd and 9.

#58ChiefsFan
12-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Not sure I agree with the 4th and 1 yesterday when the game was tied and the defense had been stout all game. That being said, they went right down the fields after that and scored. What really pisses me off was the 3rd and 9 with 2.58 minutes left in the game, and the Chiefs ran it for a yard. Punted and never got the ball again. Really, a run on 3rd and 9.

I think the 4-1 call by Romeo was a decent, right up till Quinn checked to that QB sneak.

Luckily there is only one more Daboll game to endure, then we can all go help him move outta town Monday.

dbolan
12-26-2012, 05:53 PM
To be honest at his age, level of fitness and given the amount of stress this season has put on him....

The season did not stress him...He stressed himself because he just SUCKS that bad!

See, everything was supposed to change when RC got the HC position and all of the starters returned this year.

NOT

NOT

and

NOT.

drstandley31
12-26-2012, 09:56 PM
I hope he's enjoying his last week of ever being a Head Coach. .345 lifetime wins as HC doesn't get you many interviews. Amazing we got him however.

Tydude
12-26-2012, 10:18 PM
I hope he's enjoying his last week of ever being a Head Coach. .345 lifetime wins as HC doesn't get you many interviews. Amazing we got him however.
One of the worst Head Coaches ever in NFL History.