PDA

View Full Version : Stanzi is a "possibility"

jap1
12-17-2012, 06:48 PM
According to the link below, Stanzi starting this week is a possibility.

Ricky Stanzi starting a “possibility” for Chiefs | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/17/ricky-stanzi-starting-a-possibility-for-chiefs/)

N TX Dave
12-17-2012, 06:59 PM
I am from Missouri, I will believe it when I see it.

swochief
12-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Be about time. They need to see what he has got just to know if he needs to be kept around. Hopefully he is so they only use two picks on qb next April.

MissingTBone
12-17-2012, 07:25 PM
If our OLine performs as it ha most of the season it won't matter whos throwing the ball. And I have no faith that the coaches will call any better plays than they have for our other 2 qbs. I don't brink him starting for this coaching staff will give us a fair look at what he can do.

matthewschiefs
12-17-2012, 07:26 PM
I would feel sorry for him have you seen the wrs he would have to work with since breaston seems to be such a dumb*** he can't understand the offense

MissingTBone
12-17-2012, 07:58 PM
I would feel sorry for him have you seen the wrs he would have to work with since breaston seems to be such a dumb*** he can't understand the offense

Lol, nobody on our team can figure out our offense. That's why we havent scored in 7 quarters. Dabols offense is just too complicated.

texaschief
12-18-2012, 12:16 AM
There's very little color in this offense... I don't think the scheme is the problem. But, to be fair, I think Dabol is calling plays he thinks the team can execute. There's just ZERO talent at the 1 position.

What if Stanzi comes in and lights it up and wins the last couple games? :lol:

Hayvern
12-18-2012, 12:23 AM
There's very little color in this offense... I don't think the scheme is the problem. But, to be fair, I think Dabol is calling plays he thinks the team can execute. There's just ZERO talent at the 1 position.

What if Stanzi comes in and lights it up and wins the last couple games? :lol:

Yeah, wishful thinking at best.

Guru
12-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Why mess this up. There is no need to bring him in until Brady and Matt can no longer play.

I don't want to stumble into a win and then stick ourselves with another crappy QB that had a decent game during garbage time. Stanzi is not the answer and never will be.

For the record, I was a huge Stanzi supporter before this season started. AFter seeing him in the preseason I never want to see him again.

chiefnut
12-18-2012, 09:03 AM
let stanzi play, i think romeo is just using an injury as an excuse to put stanzi in. maybe someone should intoduce daboll to the "moving pocket" system. just like the jets last night let sanchez get pounded while tenn moved locher around away from the pressure and he was much more effective.

swochief
12-18-2012, 10:11 AM
At least putting Stanzi in they will have something to go off of. It really won't matter who plays if the O-line does not do a better job.

-= K.C.J.=-
12-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Really guys...we all know its just one last way to get Cassel back on the field. :yahoo:

Ryfo18
12-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Would be the 5th QB to start for KC in the last 2 years.

Chiefster
12-18-2012, 03:11 PM
He couldn't do much worse.

chiefnut
12-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Thru procces of elimination we would know definitively weather we have a capable starting QB or not.

2010chiefs
12-18-2012, 08:37 PM
We will know if we definitively have a BACK UP Qb at least.

Eydugstr
12-19-2012, 01:14 PM
I've been saying it all along. The season's a bust, we need to use this time to evaluate what's on our benches and gear up for next season. If Stanzi's not the man, we need to know that now, not next preseason. The risk falls on Stanzi's shoulders, but I'd bet good money it's one he'd happily take.

tornadospotter
12-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Let Stanzi play and have a chance to show something, then lets trade our first pick of the next draft, to the Redskins for KC!

Lord-Chiefy
12-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Do not change qb. At this point so close yo numbers 1.. why screw it up.

Seek
12-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Quinn is expected to start according to the radio in KC this morning.

There is a laundry list of injuries though including a flu bug. Something like 17 guys on the injury list.

KCraised
12-20-2012, 06:39 PM
This guy shouldve had a couple games under his belt by now. Like 4. Our season was over and we had the perfect opportunity to see if he had anything positive to offer. How many times do you get to evaluate a player in that many meaningless real games? This team blew it and now we might see him in two and hope they make the right call with keeping him or dumping him.

swochief
12-20-2012, 09:14 PM
This guy shouldve had a couple games under his belt by now. Like 4. Our season was over and we had the perfect opportunity to see if he had anything positive to offer. How many times do you get to evaluate a player in that many meaningless real games? This team blew it and now we might see him in two and hope they make the right call with keeping him or dumping him.

Dont know that he will get the chance now. Just heard on tv that Brady will probably play Sunday , that he feels okay.
Chiefs are really screwing up w/ Stanzi , I agree he should have at least 4 starts under his belt. If he doesn't get these last two.........what to do w/ him ?

N TX Dave
12-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Just saw this twit on AP -

Why isn't Ricky Stanzi playing? Passes I just saw Ricky Stanzi throw in practice are why he doesn't play. One bounced 10 ft in front of a receiver 15 yds away. #Chiefs

If that is true then we need 2-3 QB next year from somewhere.

KCraised
12-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Just saw this twit on AP -

Why isn't Ricky Stanzi playing? Passes I just saw Ricky Stanzi throw in practice are why he doesn't play. One bounced 10 ft in front of a receiver 15 yds away. #Chiefs

If that is true then we need 2-3 QB next year from somewhere.

The thing is, who cares if he is bouncing passes? Not like the games we are playing even matter now. See what he does in real world games and if he sucks, bye bye. The worst thing we could do i s lose and we seem to be pretty good at that, so what really changes, you know? This is a no loss (no pun intended) move. These guys are pig headed...

nigeriannightmare
12-20-2012, 10:00 PM
The thing is, who cares if he is bouncing passes? Not like the games we are playing even matter now. See what he does in real world games and if he sucks, bye bye. The worst thing we could do i s lose and we seem to be pretty good at that, so what really changes, you know? This is a no loss (no pun intended) move. These guys are pig headed...

Put him in. It's not like we score touchdowns....hell even touchdown. And pretty sure Brady dumper a pass a few yards short on a 5 yards pass.

jap1
12-21-2012, 01:54 AM
Let Stanzi play and have a chance to show something, then lets trade our first pick of the next draft, to the Redskins for KC!

That's a little more than what I'd be willing to give up. Maybe a 2nd in next yrs draft.

chiefnut
12-21-2012, 07:36 AM
romeo was asked about brady's injury..he said he is fine,,,then they asked if he will start sunday....a no hesitation YES was his answer

tornadospotter
12-22-2012, 12:08 AM
That's a little more than what I'd be willing to give up. Maybe a 2nd in next yrs draft.
Why, like the Chiefs Management are going to pay out the money to sign the first pick in the draft. Skins maybe will. Maybe we get some compensation in picks with the trade, we could send them a back up QB, to sweeten the deal. If we have one.

jap1
12-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Why, like the Chiefs Management are going to pay out the money to sign the first pick in the draft. Skins maybe will. Maybe we get some compensation in picks with the trade, we could send them a back up QB, to sweeten the deal. If we have one.

With the new CBA, the first pick isn't free to demand whatever they want. There is a rookie salary scale, so why would you think there would be a problem with us signing someone?

swochief
12-23-2012, 09:40 AM

Sad statements but true. I believe they need to take two qbs in the draft. Would like to see them grab a decent vet , maybe Hasselbeck if he gets released to help guide them. Cassel would actually be ok to mentor them if repots that he works hard and studies film like they say , just as long as he never sees the field again.

N TX Dave
12-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Well he is inactive again today as well as Breaston so he is not going in today, go figure.

chiefnut
12-26-2012, 08:25 AM
i don't uinderstand why RC does not put in stanzi in the last game. he should start him for 3 reasons.....
1. just to see if he can spark the team
2. Quinn has sucked, stanzi may be be better
3. even if stanzi is worse, it would quiet the fans cause he got his chance and u can always put quinn in the game later.

Seek
12-26-2012, 09:22 AM
i don't uinderstand why RC does not put in stanzi in the last game. he should start him for 3 reasons.....
1. just to see if he can spark the team
2. Quinn has sucked, stanzi may be be better
3. even if stanzi is worse, it would quiet the fans cause he got his chance and u can always put quinn in the game later.

He does not put Stanzi in because
1. NO. Sparks only work if the team believes in him
2. NO - He is not better. Not even close.
3. No. it will only quiet a few while others will still say he never got a fair shot and have not seen enough failure before they realize that he is on a team of Bad Qb's and he can't even show any type of promise to the team to be activated.

The guy was horrible in training camp. I really think Alex Tanney was probably going to make it over Stanzi just for developement purposes.

Believe it or not, the team is still trying to win and not tanking games just to please a few Stanzi fans who refuse to believe the obvious.

chiefnut
12-26-2012, 10:45 AM
He does not put Stanzi in because
1. NO. Sparks only work if the team believes in him
2. NO - He is not better. Not even close.
3. No. it will only quiet a few while others will still say he never got a fair shot and have not seen enough failure before they realize that he is on a team of Bad Qb's and he can't even show any type of promise to the team to be activated.

The guy was horrible in training camp. I really think Alex Tanney was probably going to make it over Stanzi just for developement purposes.

Believe it or not, the team is still trying to win and not tanking games just to please a few Stanzi fans who refuse to believe the obvious.

my my, so cynical. i guess we should just forfeit the game since all our QB's suck so bad, our O line can't pass protect, we have no good receivers, and our D can't make stops when we need them. no let us not try anything different even if its just a shot in the dark, time to just curl up in a fetal position and give up. definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over but expecting a different result. time to think outside the box and grasp at straws cause we have nothing else.

KCraised
12-26-2012, 12:18 PM
my my, so cynical. i guess we should just forfeit the game since all our QB's suck so bad, our O line can't pass protect, we have no good receivers, and our D can't make stops when we need them. no let us not try anything different even if its just a shot in the dark, time to just curl up in a fetal position and give up. definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over but expecting a different result. time to think outside the box and grasp at straws cause we have nothing else.

No kidding...jesus. the guy is getting paid NFL money. PLAY HIM. We are not Stanz fans, we are CHIEFS fans! But hey, lets start Quinn again after that S*** showing. Yeah, that makes tons of sense. 352 yds rushing and get an L. First time in NFL history. And stanzi can be that much worse?? Laughable

chiefnut
12-26-2012, 04:57 PM
No kidding...jesus. the guy is getting paid NFL money. PLAY HIM. We are not Stanz fans, we are CHIEFS fans! But hey, lets start Quinn again after that S*** showing. Yeah, that makes tons of sense. 352 yds rushing and get an L. First time in NFL history. And stanzi can be that much worse?? Laughable

i'm the one saying to start Stanzi for those and the above reasons.....and my name is not "Jesus"

KCraised
12-26-2012, 05:24 PM
I was agreeing with you.;) It was geared towards the post you previously highlighted by Seek

Seek
12-27-2012, 12:49 PM

Then why waste a spot on Stanzi and just line up with three running backs and just run the ball the entire time with two tight end and call it a Wild Bone.

Maybe punt on 2nd down a couple times with Succop just to win field position.

While we are grasping at Straws and being careless about things lets throw in Breaston as a ILB instead of Silar to see if it confuses Peyton Manning in passing situations.

And lets have Crennel call the game form the press box so that he can't screw things up on the field... actually this may happen. He just had hit knee operated on.

Seek
12-27-2012, 12:54 PM

Yes, Stanzi can be that much worse! Specially against a better defense like Denver.

I am upset with the Chiefs just as much as the next, but there is no reason to throw in the towel and make things worse just becuase people have to see Stanzi fail before they get it out of their head that he is that bad.

matthewschiefs
12-27-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't want Stanzi to start unless you can tell me who he would throw to. Since Breaston doesn't "understand the offense" why would anyone want to throw Stanzi out there to throw to Copper,Newsome,Baldwin what has he ever done to you

KCraised
12-27-2012, 01:13 PM
I don't want Stanzi to start unless you can tell me who he would throw to. Since Breaston doesn't "understand the offense" why would anyone want to throw Stanzi out there to throw to Copper,Newsome,Baldwin what has he ever done to you

I just think he shouldve been in there 5 games ago. See what he is about and would be having 6 games under his belt. Find out if he truly IS horrible, instead of hearing people base his whole abilities off of a preseason game. Shouldve been seeing his potential or lack of, in games that were meaningless, anyways. Biggest mistake by this staff. And people consider it tanking games by putting him in. Wtf? We just wanna see what he can do. Now he is going to be a huge question mark next year when we couldve had a pretty definitive answer on him by now.

matthewschiefs
12-27-2012, 02:27 PM
I just think he shouldve been in there 5 games ago. See what he is about and would be having 6 games under his belt. Find out if he truly IS horrible, instead of hearing people base his whole abilities off of a preseason game. Shouldve been seeing his potential or lack of, in games that were meaningless, anyways. Biggest mistake by this staff. And people consider it tanking games by putting him in. Wtf? We just wanna see what he can do. Now he is going to be a huge question mark next year when we couldve had a pretty definitive answer on him by now.

I will agree with that there's so much woulda coulda shoulda with this team right now. But it is what it is. I don't think it would be fair to start him with what we currently have

Seek
12-27-2012, 02:42 PM

No I am basing my opinion from watching him at practice in St. Joe and Pre-season. They guy killed a lot of worms. Even Quinn looked horrible and I have never understood why anyone gets excited to see Stanzi play other than the fact they have not seen him play to know different.

There is no huge question mark except for those who refuse to understand reality. The answer is very definitive, you just need to accept it and move on.

We are better off resigning Brodie Croyle.

KCraised
12-27-2012, 03:24 PM
No I am basing my opinion from watching him at practice in St. Joe and Pre-season. They guy killed a lot of worms. Even Quinn looked horrible and I have never understood why anyone gets excited to see Stanzi play other than the fact they have not seen him play to know different.

There is no huge question mark except for those who refuse to understand reality. The answer is very definitive, you just need to accept it and move on.

We are better off resigning Brodie Croyle.

Wonder why the Chiefs allowed him to get an NFL paycheck, if it sounds like a 6 yr old could throw a better ball? Hmmmm
Im sure you could say he was still developmental but this guy is being made out to not be able to hit the broad side of a barn. Whats your thoughts on why we have him on our NFL team, after the data seems to have been in last year?

Seek
12-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Wonder why the Chiefs allowed him to get an NFL paycheck, if it sounds like a 6 yr old could throw a better ball? Hmmmm
Im sure you could say he was still developmental but this guy is being made out to not be able to hit the broad side of a barn. Whats your thoughts on why we have him on our NFL team, after the data seems to have been in last year?

Because the other 3rd stringer we were going to keep as an emergency QB (Tanney) got hurt in the last pre-season game and was put on IR. There was no other 3rd string QB out there worth cutting Stanzi to ride the pine as he is getting paid minimum anyway.

What has he done to make you want him to play and ignore the obvious.

Seek
12-27-2012, 04:45 PM

Seriously, why do you want him to play so bad. You basically said My opinion of actually watching him practice was BS because the Chiefs have yet to cut him and continue to believe he has to be an upgrade over Quinn, but then scream disbelieve when the Chiefs have refused to play him when the QB's have been so bad.

You will never get your wish. Stanzi will most likley never see the field. Move on.

chiefnut
12-27-2012, 05:24 PM
look the reason most everyone wants to see stanzi in there is because he is not cassel or quinn. there is just a sliver of hope that he may be a little better and that is worth rooting for at this point. if he sucks worse and we lose does it really matter????

KCraised
12-27-2012, 06:33 PM
look the reason most everyone wants to see stanzi in there is because he is not cassel or quinn. there is just a sliver of hope that he may be a little better and that is worth rooting for at this point. if he sucks worse and we lose does it really matter????

Thank you, Chiefnut. Agreed.
And to seek, im not looking for a tank of a game. I wanna see what he can do. I knew Tanney went to IR but good god, no one was available out there to take a 3rd spot? By the way you make stanzi out, this dude cant even grip a football! Surely there was SOMEONE out there better than this good for nothing waste of space player yousay he is. Really, we are huge underdogs against denver with quinn playing. We seriously can't finish out the last game of this worthless season with a guy we think will be gone next year???????

Seek
12-28-2012, 08:54 AM

I understand what you guys are saying. I am just saying, isn't it obvious that your sliver of hope is just that and nothing will ever come of it because as bad as the two QB's are. He has been so bad in practice they refuse to even let him suit up to play.

Yes, it does really matter to me. I don't like losing. I don't like losing really bad either where it becomes a joke because I get to hear that type of BS from the Denver Fan brother in law. Losing in a game that may for a while may scare Donkey fans, is much better knowing that just a field goal for Denver ends any chance of the Chiefs winning which is what will happen with Stanzi in the game.

I would rather see Cassel play and see if he can rally the team knowing that he is the best QB on the team.

Seek
12-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Thank you, Chiefnut. Agreed.
And to seek, im not looking for a tank of a game. I wanna see what he can do. I knew Tanney went to IR but good god, no one was available out there to take a 3rd spot? By the way you make stanzi out, this dude cant even grip a football! Surely there was SOMEONE out there better than this good for nothing waste of space player yousay he is. Really, we are huge underdogs against denver with quinn playing. We seriously can't finish out the last game of this worthless season with a guy we think will be gone next year???????

That is what you are asking to do. Stanzi will be gone next year and will most likely be out the league. Look if Cassle and Quinn both got hurt, the Chiefs would have gone out and got another QB to start over Stanzi. He was being retained as a very cheap emergency QB should both get hurt in the same game. Most games they didn't even activate him and had Dexter McCluster(or some other WR) as the Emergency Qb.

Guru
12-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Nope. We have stunk it up this far, might as well finish the job. Not that I think STanzi would win this week but I don't want to see any false hope after this game.

chiefnut
12-28-2012, 10:03 AM
That is what you are asking to do. Stanzi will be gone next year and will most likely be out the league. Look if Cassle and Quinn both got hurt, the Chiefs would have gone out and got another QB to start over Stanzi. He was being retained as a very cheap emergency QB should both get hurt in the same game. Most games they didn't even activate him and had Dexter McCluster(or some other WR) as the Emergency Qb.

cassel, quinn and stanzi may all be gone next year, and may all be out of football. i remember a lot of different posters during the spring saying how much better stanzi was than quinn during practice. on a given day stanzi looked really good, so the statement he sucked all thru spring and preseason i think is a bit of an exageration. so lets put him out there to stink it up or step up....which ever way it goes will be better than watching quinn or cassel.

Seek
12-28-2012, 01:24 PM
cassel, quinn and stanzi may all be gone next year, and may all be out of football. i remember a lot of different posters during the spring saying how much better stanzi was than quinn during practice. on a given day stanzi looked really good, so the statement he sucked all thru spring and preseason i think is a bit of an exageration. so lets put him out there to stink it up or step up....which ever way it goes will be better than watching quinn or cassel.

Okay you got me. Quinn did look like crap in practice too. You can check history about me posting against him when people called for him to replace Cassel. Cassel was 300% better than both of them in pre-season and Practice. The only difference I saw was Stanzi sucked the most when he was pressured or when the receiver was not wide open. When he started forcing passes to either get rid of the ball or be on target, man he killed a lot of worms. So if you are hearing how much better he looked in practice it was most likely when they were just running routes and not in a team scrimage. Because he can hit open receivers with no rush.

I still believe Cassel is the best QB on this team by far, and should still be playing. However, he is mentally broke. He does give the team the best chance to win against Denver.

I already know what the outcome of Stanzi will be if he plays and don't need him to play on the field just to prove it. Specially with no wide receivers to get separation from players like Champ Bailey and with the pass rush coming from Von Miller. It will be a very ugly game and over the moment the Donkies score 3 points.

chiefnut
12-28-2012, 05:50 PM
the out come of the game will be the same no matter which QB plays, an ugly loss w/ugly QB play

KCraised
12-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Damn, I guess we should all agree to disagree. Whether its an ugly loss or a really ugly loss, it still a loss. Throw Stanzi to the wolves like you have, Seek...lol

KCraised
12-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Shouldnt we be playing backups right now? These last handful of games have meant nothing. Give your backups some real world game time to prep them for next year? Dont risk all your starters in worthless games and protect them from injury risk for next year?
Regardless if you consider this "tanking", it isnt. Its been the worst season in Chiefs history, fair to say. We shouldnt have wasted these games at the end. But we did. Coulda shoulda woulda

chiefnut
12-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Shouldnt we be playing backups right now? These last handful of games have meant nothing. Give your backups some real world game time to prep them for next year? Dont risk all your starters in worthless games and protect them from injury risk for next year?
Regardless if you consider this "tanking", it isnt. Its been the worst season in Chiefs history, fair to say. We shouldnt have wasted these games at the end. But we did. Coulda shoulda woulda

i agree, we have 15 players on injury/sick report, lets protect the rest

GarH
12-29-2012, 02:27 PM
The fact that Stanzi doesn't get any time with as bad as Quinn and Cassel are, tells me all I need to know. The Chiefs just don't have an NFL caliber QB.

swochief
12-29-2012, 08:39 PM

Didn't occur to me to do that but i'm w/ you on it. they should have.

i was only thinking bout Stanzi , but , if he's not even good enuff to check out in the last game then all three must go. Monday afternoon the latest.

chiefnut
12-29-2012, 10:05 PM
The fact that Stanzi doesn't get any time with as bad as Quinn and Cassel are, tells me all I need to know. The Chiefs just don't have an NFL caliber QB.

so Breaston is by far the worst WR on the roster??? based on that same logic

Seek
12-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Damn, I guess we should all agree to disagree. Whether its an ugly loss or a really ugly loss, it still a loss. Throw Stanzi to the wolves like you have, Seek...lol

Look all I am saying is I have no idea with peoples fascination to see Stanzi Play. There are people that have the BOOMER Grigsby Crush on him. They love him for not flipping reason. Watching him in practice with my own eyes. It was very clear to me that he is not what YOU want him to be. If you need him to prove it on the field that is fine, but fact is. You will most likely never get that chance.

He has done nothing to earn the right to start or even play in the NFL.

But givent he current coaching situation. I am sure he could hand the ball off just as well as the rest of them.

swochief
12-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Guess he was kept strictly as a favor for pioli's buddy in Iowa. 2 years and never saw the field.

KCraised
12-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Look all I am saying is I have no idea with peoples fascination to see Stanzi Play. There are people that have the BOOMER Grigsby Crush on him. They love him for not flipping reason. Watching him in practice with my own eyes. It was very clear to me that he is not what YOU want him to be. If you need him to prove it on the field that is fine, but fact is. You will most likely never get that chance.

He has done nothing to earn the right to start or even play in the NFL.

But givent he current coaching situation. I am sure he could hand the ball off just as well as the rest of them.

Where to begin with this statement.... our fascination to see him play??? He is a Chiefs player that is a tool available to us. I dont have a god d***ed crush on any player. I wanted to see if he sucked in a game, I dont give a crap about your practice viewing. And Quinn deserves to start an NFL game???? HA! I bet Stanzi had a chance to put up more than that MASSIVE 49 yds passing like Quinn did...just laughable...

Seek
12-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Where to begin with this statement.... our fascination to see him play??? He is a Chiefs player that is a tool available to us. I dont have a god d***ed crush on any player. I wanted to see if he sucked in a game, I dont give a crap about your practice viewing. And Quinn deserves to start an NFL game???? HA! I bet Stanzi had a chance to put up more than that MASSIVE 49 yds passing like Quinn did...just laughable...

No I never said Quinn did. Don't recall ever saying that. However, it is very clear that Stanzi is a very big TOOL available to the Chiefs for sure. He has done absolutely nothing to show the Chiefs that he deserves to even suit up half of the season. And while you don't give a crap about my practive viewing or anyone else who else who thinks he is crap. The fact that he has not seen any ounce of playing time, and is widely reported in the media to be lucky to be on the team.

However, ignoring the obvious because you have yet to exerperience it yourself is laughable. Go pee on an electric fence if you need to see if it shocks you.

N TX Dave
12-31-2012, 05:26 PM
He has done absolutely nothing to show the Chiefs that he deserves to even suit up half of the season. The fact that he has not seen any ounce of playing time.

Not that I disagree with you but you can not use that logic with this coaching staff, it left the best WR (Breaston) after Bowie on the bench most of this year because he did know the game plan even though he did the year before.

On the other hand as bad as Quinn did yesterday what would it have hurt to see what we had in Stanzi, are you afraid he would have made the score 52 to 3? It was not even a game it was no more than a practice for Denver it was not even a warmup for the playoffs? Now the next coach does not really have an idea what Stanzi can do.

Seek
12-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Not that I disagree with you but you can not use that logic with this coaching staff, it left the best WR (Breaston) after Bowie on the bench most of this year because he did know the game plan even though he did the year before.

On the other hand as bad as Quinn did yesterday what would it have hurt to see what we had in Stanzi, are you afraid he would have made the score 52 to 3? It was not even a game it was no more than a practice for Denver it was not even a warmup for the playoffs? Now the next coach does not really have an idea what Stanzi can do.

What would him playing accomplish for thise wanting to see him other than excuses for why he did no better?

texaschief
12-31-2012, 06:43 PM
What would him playing accomplish for thise wanting to see him other than excuses for why he did no better?

I absolutely agree with this.

KCraised
12-31-2012, 07:21 PM
Ok. What would it HURT to see what he could do? I mean seriously, You act like we were asking to replace Tom Brady. I don't care what the guys last name is. Irrevelant game with a predictable score. I just dont understand why you are hellbent on making it known that he is a clown that cant throw a ball. It was a zero risk situation. ZERO. But hey, we got 3 pts for the day. So, if he wouldve went in there and flopped, we get 0 pts. Wow, big difference.
Whatever, dude. This is something we will never agree on and our opinions mean nothing except meaningless back and forth. I do hope he goes somewhere and finds his abilities and proves people wrong. I guess I root for the underdog instead of burying him without seeing real game time.

N TX Dave
12-31-2012, 07:26 PM

To see if he could lead the team or if he is a total bust why else?

texaschief
12-31-2012, 07:44 PM
To see if he could lead the team or if he is a total bust why else?

... and you think throwing a rookie QB behind an O-line that, by the end of Sunday saw our starting RT playing LT on top of numerous other injuries along the line, against the best pass rush in the league and the #3 defense overall would be the best situation to evaluate the young QB? Not to mention, the play-calling is horrendous and he has nobody to throw to...

So, basically, what you're saying is that we should've thrown him in to see if he was the messiah? Is that right?

mejohnm
01-01-2013, 04:58 AM
I think I can understand where the people are coming about playing Stanzi. Yea, even with the OL as it is, it isn't about seeing if Stanzi is Superman or not, but just for him to play. Sometimes, you know, people perform better when it is for real, and sometimes, people perform worse. And for the sake of agrument, some people perform bad in all cases.

N TX Dave
01-01-2013, 11:46 AM
... and you think throwing a rookie QB behind an O-line that, by the end of Sunday saw our starting RT playing LT on top of numerous other injuries along the line, against the best pass rush in the league and the #3 defense overall would be the best situation to evaluate the young QB? Not to mention, the play-calling is horrendous and he has nobody to throw to...

So, basically, what you're saying is that we should've thrown him in to see if he was the messiah? Is that right?

You have all the answers why not in week 15 then, I think we were out of the playoffs then, a week we ran for over 300 yards were playing against a rookie QB and still lost just maybe he would not have thrown the int and could have won, but we did not get a chance to see did we? No not to see if he was the messiah just to see what he could do, good or bad, in a real game.

Seek
01-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Maybe he would have thrown three

N TX Dave
01-01-2013, 02:42 PM
That would have told us something and confirmed that he was no good and we would have still lost the game so what, the way it stands we have no idea about him.

Even if he was the next coming of Manning we would have no idea with the coaches we had, look at how much they played Breaston a known to be good WR.

KCraised
01-01-2013, 02:46 PM

Well, he shouldve been in quite awhile ago, like when we got mathematically eliminated.

swochief
01-01-2013, 07:43 PM
All i wanted was to see if Stanzi was worth keeping.

Its over now so as far as i'm concerned they can cut him today or just bring him in during the off season for real qb competition and let the chips fall. If he stinks early in camp get rid of him and bring in some others.

they should bring in 5,6,7,8 young qbs in and take the best three to the preseason.
I do think they need to have at least one vet.

Seek
01-02-2013, 09:27 AM
That would have told us something and confirmed that he was no good and we would have still lost the game so what, the way it stands we have no idea about him.

Even if he was the next coming of Manning we would have no idea with the coaches we had, look at how much they played Breaston a known to be good WR.

I understand this but what I am saying is that I watched him in practice and it was very clear to me why he has not played. The kid at best may have reached the level of Brodie Croyle. The two are very similar. Both are very Skinny and look like they will break as soon as they are hit. Both had strong arms and can hit people wide open but when it comes to the speed of the game. They are out of the league.

Fact of the matter it would have made no difference had he played. People will still have made excuses for him for why he failed.

All I have been trying to tell people in this thread is to move one. The best Qb on this team giving the Chiefs the best chance to win was Cassel.

swochief
01-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I understand this but what I am saying is that I watched him in practice and it was very clear to me why he has not played. The kid at best may have reached the level of Brodie Croyle. The two are very similar. Both are very Skinny and look like they will break as soon as they are hit. Both had strong arms and can hit people wide open but when it comes to the speed of the game. They are out of the league.

Fact of the matter it would have made no difference had he played. People will still have made excuses for him for why he failed.

All I have been trying to tell people in this thread is to move one. The best Qb on this team giving the Chiefs the best chance to win was Cassel.

Why in the world was he even still on the roster ? Some more of pioli's ego and not wanting to admit mistakes and move on i reckon.

If he's as bad as you saw then they should in no way bring him back at all.

N TX Dave
01-02-2013, 12:43 PM

That is all fine and dandy that in your opinion he was not even a good clipboard holder, not anything against you but your opinion means nothing to most of us, put him in and let the rest of us make our opinion on his ability is all I was saying, I sure would not have made excesses for him, he would either sink or swim on his own.

As it is we only have your opinion on his ability and before you say the coaches didn't like him look what they did to Breaston even after Bowe went down and don't say he was not any good he had 61 rec for 785 yards last year for the Chiefs this year he had 7 rec for 74 yards, did his talent fall off that quick?

Seek
01-03-2013, 09:36 AM
That is all fine and dandy that in your opinion he was not even a good clipboard holder, not anything against you but your opinion means nothing to most of us, put him in and let the rest of us make our opinion on his ability is all I was saying, I sure would not have made excesses for him, he would either sink or swim on his own.

As it is we only have your opinion on his ability and before you say the coaches didn't like him look what they did to Breaston even after Bowe went down and don't say he was not any good he had 61 rec for 785 yards last year for the Chiefs this year he had 7 rec for 74 yards, did his talent fall off that quick?

That is fine. Your opinion means squat to me to since you are one of those people who has to pee on an electric fence yourself to see if it shocks you. I get it. Everyone in the media says he is bad. The Chiefs don't even make him active half the years in favor of Dexter McCluster showing their lack of support in him. People who see him every day. Fans say they have watched him practice and see why he can't play. Yet, you would rather tell someone you could give a crap about them when the clear and obvious answer is slapping you up the side of the head and your a numb to it all because realitiy is a reach.

You can make all the excuses you want to try and cover up your numb noggin. The guy is not what you want him to be. You can keep refusing to believe that, but the real world will move on without you.

Seek
01-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Why in the world was he even still on the roster ? Some more of pioli's ego and not wanting to admit mistakes and move on i reckon.

If he's as bad as you saw then they should in no way bring him back at all.

What other 3rd string QB do you want to hire just to sit on the bench as an emergency should your #1 and #2 get hurt in the same game. Had both Quinn and Cassel got hurt. The Chiefs would have gone out and picked up someone, just like they did last year with Orton to start.

Stanzi only saw active duty when one of the two QB's were hurt. After that the Emergency QB was a WR.

N TX Dave
01-03-2013, 10:48 AM
That is fine. Your opinion means squat to me to since you are one of those people who has to pee on an electric fence yourself to see if it shocks you. I get it. Everyone in the media says he is bad. The Chiefs don't even make him active half the years in favor of Dexter McCluster showing their lack of support in him. People who see him every day. Fans say they have watched him practice and see why he can't play. Yet, you would rather tell someone you could give a crap about them when the clear and obvious answer is slapping you up the side of the head and your a numb to it all because realitiy is a reach.

You can make all the excuses you want to try and cover up your numb noggin. The guy is not what you want him to be. You can keep refusing to believe that, but the real world will move on without you.

All I wanted to do was see for myself if he was as bad as you say, I just wanted to form my own opinion and not be a sheep. I am to the point I do not believe 75% of what the media says because they all have their own agenda and do not really report the facts anymore. Beside I have not seen it widely report that he could not hit a wide open WR in practice let alone in a game, anyhow how would they know he has not been in a real game? As the saying goes "I am from Missouri, you have to show me".

The only reason he was not active on game day is all NFL teams only activate 2 QBs on game day, so he was only active when one of the other two were hurt.

Maybe he never saw the field for the same reason Breaston didn't, with all your insight and knowledge do you know why that is other than he did not know the game plan?

If he was as bad as you say why even let him take up a roster spot? There is no NFL rule that say a team has to have 3 QBs on their 53 man roster is there? Also if he was as bad as you say they could have dropped him and signed him to the practice squad and no one would have taken him and that way if one of the other 2 QBs went down for any time they could have called him up.

Nice personal attack by the way, I did not call you any thing or make fun of you. Maybe I should have said in your talent evaluation instead of opinion. Now I have said the last thing I am going to say to the rude person that you are. If there was an ignore option on this forum I sure would use it on you. I have no time for anyone that has to attack someone instead of carry on a civil conversation with.

marloweopatchiefs
01-03-2013, 10:58 AM
All I wanted to do was see for myself if he was as bad as you say, I just wanted to form my own opinion and not be a sheep. I am to the point I do not believe 75% of what the media says because they all have their own agenda and do not really report the facts anymore. Beside I have not seen it widely report that he could not hit a wide open WR in practice let alone in a game, anyhow how would they know he has not been in a real game? As the saying goes "I am from Missouri, you have to show me".

The only reason he was not active on game day is all NFL teams only activate 2 QBs on game day, so he was only active when one of the other two were hurt.

Maybe he never saw the field for the same reason Breaston didn't, with all your insight and knowledge do you know why that is other than he did not know the game plan?

If he was as bad as you say why even let him take up a roster spot? There is no NFL rule that say a team has to have 3 QBs on their 53 man roster is there? Also if he was as bad as you say they could have dropped him and signed him to the practice squad and no one would have taken him and that way if one of the other 2 QBs went down for any time they could have called him up.

Nice personal attack by the way, I did not call you any thing or make fun of you. Maybe I should have said in your talent evaluation instead of opinion. Now I have said the last thing I am going to say to the rude person that you are. If there was an ignore option on this forum I sure would use it on you. I have no time for anyone that has to attack someone instead of carry on a civil conversation with.

You can ignore other members on here. It's in the settings. I had to put a rude person on there some time ago who's only comeback was grammar. Even though I told him that my phone keyboard would put extra letters in the word I was trying to put because my phone was a piece of crap.

N TX Dave
01-03-2013, 11:09 AM
You can ignore other members on here. It's in the settings. I had to put a rude person on there some time ago who's only comeback was grammar. Even though I told him that my phone keyboard would put extra letters in the word I was trying to put because my phone was a piece of crap.

Thank you I found it and he is there. I can not stand someone who attacks you because you do not agree with their opinion, I mean all we are putting in here are opinions and to discuss them, even argue some, but not attack someone personal I have no time for that.

Seek
01-03-2013, 11:10 AM

I took it personal when you said My opinion Means nothing to most of us... I felt if very rude specially from a person I actually respected. I am usually level headed and don't intend to attack anyone. I felt slighted and let my emotions out I am sorry for that.

You have your right to make your own opinion. All I was trying to say, is that you will not get that chance for obvious reasons. You and others are hoping to find some sort of magical diamond in a ruff that has historically provided nothing to give you that falst hope. I used to be on the bandwagon, and even got his autograph this year hoping he would beat out Quinn. Then I watched him more and more and reality set in.

Again I am sorry for the Attack, and I am done discussing this subject as it is all MOOT.

N TX Dave
01-03-2013, 05:39 PM
I took it personal when you said My opinion Means nothing to most of us... I felt if very rude specially from a person I actually respected. I am usually level headed and don't intend to attack anyone. I felt slighted and let my emotions out I am sorry for that.

You have your right to make your own opinion. All I was trying to say, is that you will not get that chance for obvious reasons. You and others are hoping to find some sort of magical diamond in a ruff that has historically provided nothing to give you that falst hope. I used to be on the bandwagon, and even got his autograph this year hoping he would beat out Quinn. Then I watched him more and more and reality set in.

Again I am sorry for the Attack, and I am done discussing this subject as it is all MOOT.

It was not meant to be derogatory, basically I meant to say we wanted to make our minds up our selves, I used the incorrect words which I have been known to do, I am sorry about that and I accept your apology and have removed from my blocked list and this will all be forgotten, we both want the same thing and that is a SB win for the Chiefs. I sure hope I get to see another one before I die. :bananen_smilies046:

MissingTBone
01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Awwww... Is this a Kodak moment?? Lmao!!

KCraised
01-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Good God....this thread has just went ridiculous. I never followed stanzi but I think he had some pretty good records in College. Guess he just up and forgot how to throw a ball. Wonder how this happens? Just must keep falling out of his grip and stuff. Throws it down the field the wrong way. Man, I feel horrible for this guy. To set records and just forget the concept of a forward pass. Maybe he is just forgetting to tie his shoes?
Sounds like the waterboy couldve filled in as 3rd stringer because this guy sounds like he is so incompetent that he can't get out of his own way. Wonder how such absolute incompetence made the team this year? I know Tanney hit the IR but it sounds like a beer vendor could've filled his spot.
I m gonna go p**s on a fence again to shock myself into coming up with these answers....

Seek
01-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Good God....this thread has just went ridiculous. I never followed stanzi but I think he had some pretty good records in College. Guess he just up and forgot how to throw a ball. Wonder how this happens? Just must keep falling out of his grip and stuff. Throws it down the field the wrong way. Man, I feel horrible for this guy. To set records and just forget the concept of a forward pass. Maybe he is just forgetting to tie his shoes?
Sounds like the waterboy couldve filled in as 3rd stringer because this guy sounds like he is so incompetent that he can't get out of his own way. Wonder how such absolute incompetence made the team this year? I know Tanney hit the IR but it sounds like a beer vendor could've filled his spot.
I m gonna go p**s on a fence again to shock myself into coming up with these answers....

Let me know how the fence thing goes. I tried it once on a golf course because of a dare. Luckily the power was off due to a law suit of so many golfers getting shocked looking for their balls in this farmers field.

chiefnut
01-04-2013, 08:32 AM
I did watch stanzi at iowa, being a Penn State fan i saw him at least a couple of times a year, plus highlights every week. he was VERY effective. he won a lot of games for them. now the pro game is different than college but at iowa he did extend alot of plays and made good reads and throws routinely.

KCraised
01-04-2013, 10:23 AM
I did watch stanzi at iowa, being a Penn State fan i saw him at least a couple of times a year, plus highlights every week. he was VERY effective. he won a lot of games for them. now the pro game is different than college but at iowa he did extend alot of plays and made good reads and throws routinely.

True. The pro game is. I campaigned to see Palko and we all know what happened with that mess. But at least we saw he was horrible and had a couple games to see if he could adapt. He couldnt and he is gone. So we wouldve had 5 or so truly meaningless games to show if Stanzi could adapt to a pro level. Maybe he wouldve came to life...maybe not. If he has one foot out the door, i don't get why people are so worried if he has good recievers to throw to or not. As we all see, we didnt have even close to a competitive team. Thats not hindsight, we knew our team was bad before this last stretch of games. So we would've lost zero. Its a mute point. We have a say in it, anyways.
And Seek, the fence thing was a breeze. Ive got about 30 hrs worth of tattoo work, so I can take pain...wait, maybe thats where the "numb noggin" might apply to me???

swochief
01-04-2013, 10:47 AM
What other 3rd string QB do you want to hire just to sit on the bench as an emergency should your #1 and #2 get hurt in the same game. Had both Quinn and Cassel got hurt. The Chiefs would have gone out and picked up someone, just like they did last year with Orton to start.

Stanzi only saw active duty when one of the two QB's were hurt. After that the Emergency QB was a WR.

Didn't have to be a qb. McClusters was the emergency so just keep him in place.

The O-line was beat up the last few games , could of used another body there.

Bike
01-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Didn't have to be a qb. McClusters was the emergency so just keep him in place.

The O-line was beat up the last few games , could of used another body there.
SHHHH - thats a secret - well maybe not any more!!!

swochief
01-04-2013, 10:53 AM
SHHHH - thats a secret - well maybe not any more!!!

Ooops , sorry. lol