PDA

View Full Version : lets hear it - team needs after HC & GM

swochief
12-17-2012, 07:33 PM
For starters there is something missing from the defense. I know they are pretty good but still......too many blowouts even w/ bad coaching. The offense wow where to start. O-line is not mean enuff(stout D lines take them to the wood shed too often). Wide reciever(s) is/are a must , i get the qb's are horrid but still dont see them getting open much and too many drops. RB is fine as long as they let Hillis go. TE i'm okay with for now. Maybe the biggest thing i see missing is pride. They need to get some.:chiefs2:

matthewschiefs
12-17-2012, 07:36 PM
My needs in order

1. A gm to hire a GOOD coaching staff.

2. Qb

3. CB

4 o line

4 b Wr

5 any playmaker on either side of the ball. Lacking that on both sides right now

fairladyZ
12-17-2012, 07:46 PM
i agree..

#1 is new management and staff cause this team has lost ALL drive and focus, we aren't mean on d or o.

#2 QB, i still think this isn't a GLARING need but it is needed, i still think if you put the right coaches in place we COULD win with cassel

#3/#4 ILB/CB and vise versa doesn't matter which first or how.

#5 OG, lilja is just small and getting older and can't hold up, i think the rest of the line is fine just light a fire under there ***. Also whatever guard we get needs to be nasty and can move over to guard incase hudson goes down again.

#6 WR/FS I like kendrick lewis but he's hurt to much and kinda plays hurt, so either baldwin steps up and we replace lewis or we keep a decent backup to him and draft baldwins replacement

HaliForPresident
12-17-2012, 08:09 PM
I think we're ignoring DL too much. I know we drafted a NT first round, but anyone who thought Poe was going to amount to anything didn't want any film on him. DL don't go from average college player to dominant NFL player, just doesn't happen. Matter of fact most of what I've heard is he'd be better off at DE because he's athletic but not physical enough to play NT. Get a guy like Star Lotulelei and you're getting the true star DL we wanted without reaching like Pioli did with Jackson. And if Dorsey leaves we're gonna need more DL anyhow so why not take the likely best player available?

HaliForPresident
12-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Moral of the story:
1. best player available
2. QB
3. CB
4. MLB (can be addressed day 2 or 3)

#58ChiefsFan
12-17-2012, 08:29 PM
An offensive and defensive leader.

For a team with so many college captains and award winners its surreal that not one of them has stepped into the vocal leader role.

Lord-Chiefy
12-17-2012, 08:29 PM
By the time hunt pulls his head out if his ars Charles and others that we keep will be past their prime.. sad just frikun sad what has become of ny beloved chiefs.

Guru
12-18-2012, 05:09 AM
QB
QB
QB
did I mention QB

Until we address that glaring issue the rest do not matter.

chiefnut
12-18-2012, 09:17 AM
everyone knows #1 QB
CB
RG
ILB
DE
WR
OL

swochief
12-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Agree w/ you on Lewis fairladyZ. Really liked what he had before the shoulder injuries , now i'm not so sure. Think they need to keep Baldwin one more year , but i haven't seen enuff so those who have can correct me on that if he is worthless. Lotulelei is someone i hope they pick , move Poe to end where his athleticism would be of better use and we may have something going.

raiderhater79
12-18-2012, 11:26 AM
I think we're ignoring DL too much. I know we drafted a NT first round, but anyone who thought Poe was going to amount to anything didn't want any film on him. DL don't go from average college player to dominant NFL player, just doesn't happen. Matter of fact most of what I've heard is he'd be better off at DE because he's athletic but not physical enough to play NT. Get a guy like Star Lotulelei and you're getting the true star DL we wanted without reaching like Pioli did with Jackson. And if Dorsey leaves we're gonna need more DL anyhow so why not take the likely best player available?

I would love to see Poe go to the 3-4 DE. He is athletic enough to do it and put him next to another 350 guy at the nose tackle spot would be interesting. Dorsey is as good as gone IMHO.

Chiefster
12-18-2012, 03:16 PM
So many things wrong with this team right now, way too many to mention.

Eydugstr
12-19-2012, 01:48 PM
I'll go ahead and say hypothetically that good GM and coaching is in place...

1. QB
2. Monster Center or stellar CB if available.
3. O-line (C, T or G)
4. WR or Fullback that loves to give punishing blocks.
5. Best offensive player available.

HaliForPresident
12-28-2012, 03:42 PM
everyone knows #1 QB
CB
RG
ILB
DE
WR
OL

The problem is you can't just magically make a franchise QB appear in the draft like people seem to think. Geno Smith is the top QB in the draft and there is a very good chance he'll never turn out to be that great. You use a top pick on a QB and you're pretty well stuck with him the next 4-5 years losing because you've committed a top pick to him (just ask Rex Ryan). A draft as weak at QB as this one it may be best to try and trade or sign a FA as a temporary fix (Alex Smith, Vick, etc). It just sucks we didn't have this high of a pick last year. Somebody needs to figure out a way to blackmail Joe Flacco to signing with the Chiefs.

Lord-Chiefy
12-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Wr
Lb
Cb
Qb
Rb