PDA

View Full Version : No love for the Chiefs

Coach
12-17-2012, 11:01 PM
(http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1448791-breaking-down-why-the-kansas-city-chiefs-are-far-and-away-nfls-worst-team)

http://www.curate.us/i/5Ka.png (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1448791-breaking-down-why-the-kansas-city-chiefs-are-far-and-away-nfls-worst-team)

The Chiefs are not getting much love from the national media.

reded
12-17-2012, 11:23 PM
They're getting even less from me right now....

N TX Dave
12-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Why should they, they are bad and as it stands right now they have the first pick in the 2013 draft. They have lost to the team just above them in the standings twice. How much worse can you get?

They deserve no love!

Guru
12-18-2012, 04:24 AM
Glad to see Pioli front and center on that picture. He is the problem.

kcvet
12-18-2012, 09:14 AM
needs a caption hmmm

chiefnut
12-18-2012, 09:35 AM
i heartily agree w/everything except i don't believe that it is clark hunts fault we were 16 mil under the cap. i believe
pioli was trying to impress clark w/his best value approach to talent saving the team money.........yeah great job scott! i am sure pioli had the green light to spend up to the cap if needed to put the best team on the field. as for pioli all i can say is les guillotine!!, les guillotine !!

70 chiefsfan70
12-18-2012, 09:36 AM
I don't and can't defend them any longer. I still wear my red every where I go and hear chuckles and criticizm daily. I will continue to support them, but there is no excuse for the way they are and have been playing. I dare say this by far the worst team ever, to play with so many top talent guys. The blame goes to ownership. This is deeper then management, however they get plenty of blame. Clark needs to sell the chiefs franchise, OR SIGN IT OVER TO CHIEFSCROWD. He knows nothing about football. This is mourning time for us fans. May this great team rise again! And when they do, I'm already there! Go CHIEFS!!!!!

chiefnut
12-18-2012, 09:45 AM
I don't and can't defend them any longer. I still wear my red every where I go and hear chuckles and criticizm daily. I will continue to support them, but there is no excuse for the way they are and have been playing. I dare say this by far the worst team ever, to play with so many top talent guys. The blame goes to ownership. This is deeper then management, however they get plenty of blame. Clark needs to sell the chiefs franchise, OR SIGN IT OVER TO CHIEFSCROWD. He knows nothing about football. This is mourning time for us fans. May this great team rise again! And when they do, I'm already there! Go CHIEFS!!!!!

owners don't have to know alot about football, when they get too involved in the "running" of their team [ala..jerry jones] they screw the team up more. thats why they hire GMs. the blame of what you see on the field belongs to the GM, the blame of hiring a putz as a GM goes to the owner

reded
12-18-2012, 09:46 AM

I don't agree with your opinion about Clark knowing nothing about football.

When he got Pioli it was considered the best move of any team at the time and everyone expected Pioli to do great things with this team.

They brought in Haley who was considered by many to be the hottest HC prospect in the country after his tenure with AZ and their offensive scoring machine.

Then came Weiss and Crennel, both winners of Super Bowls and highly regarded in the sport as two of the best coordinators on their respective sides of the field.

For some reason none of it worked out but on paper it looked like we should be battling for championships by now.

What more did you honestly expect from the f'n guy?

Just because he hasn't dumped the entire thing mid-season doesn't mean he isn't working towards making things better.

Chiefster
12-18-2012, 03:27 PM
From what I can see they're not getting much love at home either and with good reason. 2-10 is nothing to write home and brag about.

70 chiefsfan70
12-18-2012, 10:27 PM
owners don't have to know alot about football, when they get too involved in the "running" of their team [ala..jerry jones] they screw the team up more. thats why they hire GMs. the blame of what you see on the field belongs to the GM, the blame of hiring a putz as a GM goes to the owner

I agree owners don't have to know much about football, but if they sit back and change nothing year after year they get the same results year after year. In the end its the owner and only the owner, that can fire the gm. unless of course its in a corp, or truss, where the board makes that decision. But last I checked the gm does not fire the gm.

70 chiefsfan70
12-18-2012, 11:01 PM
I don't agree with your opinion about Clark knowing nothing about football.

When he got Pioli it was considered the best move of any team at the time and everyone expected Pioli to do great things with this team.

They brought in Haley who was considered by many to be the hottest HC prospect in the country after his tenure with AZ and their offensive scoring machine.

Then came Weiss and Crennel, both winners of Super Bowls and highly regarded in the sport as two of the best coordinators on their respective sides of the field.

For some reason none of it worked out but on paper it looked like we should be battling for championships by now.

What more did you honestly expect from the f'n guy?

Just because he hasn't dumped the entire thing mid-season doesn't mean he isn't working towards making things better.

I expect the owner of a nfl team no know enough about football to be able to see that a loosing record means you change something. Doing the same thing over and over again will get you the same results over and over again.

This is not Clarks first year, of course he should have fired pioli before the start of this year. Thats the owners job to hire the right gm. Also the owners job to fire him if he is not doing the job. Just common sense.

reded
12-18-2012, 11:34 PM
I expect the owner of a nfl team no know enough about football to be able to see that a loosing record means you change something. Doing the same thing over and over again will get you the same results over and over again.

This is not Clarks first year, of course he should have fired pioli before the start of this year. Thats the owners job to hire the right gm. Also the owners job to fire him if he is not doing the job. Just common sense.

Seems as though you're speaking with your emotions instead of the aforementioned common sense. I doubt that there's an owner in the entire league who would have fired Scott Pioli after only 3 seasons. Especially when one considers the hype that was built upon him, having come from the dynastic New England Patriots. Perhaps a warning to turn it around or you won't be around but certainly not fired.

FYI...it's losing, with one "o".