vs.
Indianapolis Colts (9-5)
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nfl/teams/1/50x50w/ind.gif

Sunday, December 23, 12:00PM Central Time

at

Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0730/arrowhead_580.jpg

on
http://www.multichannel.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/blog_home_page_block/cbs-logo.jpg

Watch online: Kansas City Chiefs vs Indianapolis Colts Live Stream Online (http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/american-football.html)

TopekaRoy
12-23-2012, 10:05 AM
ESPN Preview
Indianapolis Colts vs. Kansas City Chiefs - Conversation - December 23, 2012 - ESPN (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/conversation?gameId=321223012)

After missing a chance to secure their return to the playoffs, the Indianapolis Colts have a prime opportunity to accomplish that feat this week.

The Colts look to clinch a postseason berth when they visit the lowly Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

Indianapolis (9-5) needs a win or a tie against Kansas City or a Pittsburgh loss or tie against Cincinnati to make the playoffs for the 10th time in 11 seasons. Indianapolis has won seven of nine as it continues its remarkable turnaround from last season's 2-14 effort.

The Colts could have made the playoffs by beating Houston last week but suffered a mistake-filled 29-17 loss.

Mewelde Moore fumbled at 1-yard line in the second quarter and the Colts had a touchdown catch by Reggie Wayne called back due to a holding penalty. The Texans also returned a blocked punt for a TD.

"We came here to win, not put up a respectable showing," quarterback Andrew Luck said. "We'll move on to next week and hopefully get better."

If the Colts can't get a better result and don't get help from the Bengals, they might have to find a way to beat the Texans -- the AFC South champions -- in the season finale. Indianapolis can avoid that scenario by becoming the latest team to overwhelm the Chiefs (2-12).

Kansas City has lost its last two games by a combined 45-7. The Chiefs gained a season-low 119 yards and recorded seven first downs -- two on penalties -- in a 15-0 defeat at Oakland last week.

They were playing their first game without leading receiver Dwayne Bowe, out for the season due to ailing ribs.

"We continue to struggle to develop any consistency," coach Romeo Crennel said. "We're not very good on offense. This past game we couldn't run, we couldn't throw it, and it's hard to be in a game when that happens."

Kansas City, in danger of finishing last in scoring for the first time in team history, has recorded fewer than 10 points in four of its last five contests.

The Chiefs broke a three-game losing streak in this series with a 28-24 victory last Oct. 9, but Indianapolis didn't have Luck yet. The first-year QB is 74 passing yards shy of breaking Cam Newton's rookie record of 4,051.

Luck, though, has completed 46.1 percent of his passes in three games this month and been intercepted nine times in his last five contests. However, he's also thrown 10 TDs in that span, two coming last week.

"I think guys understand what's at stake," Luck said. "There's a little more of a sense of urgency in terms of what to expect, but it is kind of like the playoffs."

Luck was sacked a season-high five times against Houston and could again be playing behind an injury-plagued offensive line. The Colts won't have starting center Samson Satele available, and the statuses of right tackle Winston Justice and Satele's backup A.Q. Shipley are unknown.

If Shipley is out, right guard Mike McGlynn will likely move over one spot as the Colts try to find a way to protect Luck, who has been sacked 37 times -- fourth most in the NFL. Kansas City is among the worst pass rushing teams in the league with 24 sacks, though it's recorded nine of those in the last five weeks.

Kansas City's Jamaal Charles finished with 10 yards on nine carries last week, ending his season-high streak of three straight games with at least 100.

The Colts have won 10 of the last 12 matchups with the Chiefs, including playoffs.

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 10:10 AM
...Go Chiefs???

#58ChiefsFan
12-23-2012, 10:44 AM
...Go Chiefs???

It is a quandary with two games left.

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 10:49 AM
It is a quandary with two games left.

...Indeed it is sir.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Mccluster wasn't even looking for the ball UGGGGGG wish this season would just end

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Baldwin sighting WOW

nigeriannightmare
12-23-2012, 02:57 PM
God bless nfl redzone. The only thing I know I can watch without getting mad.

nigeriannightmare
12-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Remember way back when i said god bless nfl redzone. Well eff NFL redzone....really another turnover in scoring position. What the mother effin eff. Guess ill watch texans vs Vikings and hope I don't see a chiefs highlight.

drstandley31
12-23-2012, 03:24 PM
It all just can't end soon enough. An empty stadium, a team that misfires on every snap, and we'll have the Romeo press conference to look forward to.

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 03:44 PM
TD Charles!!!! Check the guy with the colts cap on patting Charles on the back!

TopekaRoy
12-23-2012, 03:45 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed, but Jamaal Charles just ran the ball 86 yards for a touchdown!

nigeriannightmare
12-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Bad throw, horrible effort...so goeth the 2012 chiefs.

Ryfo18
12-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Shaping up to be the 3rd Chiefs loss when the opposing offense doesn't score a TD.

nigeriannightmare
12-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Shaping up to be the 3rd Chiefs loss when the opposing offense doesn't score a TD.

I think i saw the chiefs offense is responsible for 120 points given up. An NFL record or close to it. Talk about anything and everything going wrong.

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 04:05 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed, but Jamaal Charles just ran the ball 86 yards for a touchdown!
Note the post reply above yours.

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Terrible call.

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Hey Luck puts his pants on one leg at a time just like everybody else.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 04:25 PM
On the dropped pass by Newsome can ANYONE tell me what he has shown that makes Breaston unplayable????????
Thanks again Romeo

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 04:28 PM
On the dropped pass by Newsome can ANYONE tell me what he has shown that makes Breaston unplayable????????
Thanks again Romeo
Crennel equals Edwards.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Crennel equals Edwards.

Pretty much and that's not a good thing :(

Ryfo18
12-23-2012, 04:31 PM
This defense is making me really happy.

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 04:31 PM
I like the way Hillis takes a lot of nothing and turns it into positive yards.

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Pretty much and that's not a good thing :(

Nope not at all.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Where has this Hillis been all year

Justin5772002
12-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Are we seriously trying to win this one?

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Where has this Hillis been all year
Should have handed it off to him on that last play.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 04:42 PM
should have handed it off to him on that last play.

Might have been smart but then again no one has ever accused this coaching staff of being smart

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 04:47 PM
How many dumb things can 1 team do

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Here we go again, we simply can't stand success.

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Might have been smart but then again no one has ever accused this coaching staff of being smart
Yup!

How many dumb things can 1 team do

Don't ask, they'll show you.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 04:53 PM
How do you leave there number 1 guy that open?

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 04:54 PM
There's your game.

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 04:56 PM
How do you leave there number 1 guy that open?

They just showed ya. :lol:

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Really?

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Well it looks like that front runner status remains securely in our camp.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 05:00 PM
How has no one on this staff been fired yet I would love to no

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Defenese gave up on that last play.

texaschief
12-23-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm sorry, but I see very few holes on this team other than QB. Put an average QB on this team and we're in the playoffs. Coaching is horrid as well. Team looked GREAT today. Just ANY kind of QB play and we'd be a good team.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm sorry, but I see very few holes on this team other than QB. Put an average QB on this team and we're in the playoffs. Coaching is horrid as well. Team looked GREAT today. Just ANY kind of QB play and we'd be a good team.

That coaching hole is a pretty BIG hole

Any QB would help I have said that all year but this coaching staff wouldn't be good for any QB

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 05:09 PM
I see an offensive line that has multiple penalties each and every game.

MyManHali
12-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Well if people don't want to accept that the qb position is our biggest need and still don't want to address the position with our number 1 pick in the drat then there is no hope for us.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Well if people don't want to accept that the qb position is our biggest need and still don't want to address the position with our number 1 pick in the drat then there is no hope for us.

It's not so much people questioning the biggest need it's questioning if theres the answer in this draft or not

MyManHali
12-23-2012, 05:16 PM
It's not so much people questioning the biggest need it's questioning if theres the answer in this draft or not

Of course there are capable qb's in the draft, there are capable qb's in every draft.

Justin5772002
12-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Our whole offense is a huge gaping hole. No RECIEVERS no QB no TE. The o-line will operate better if we had a passing game. Other teams just have to prepare for our run and they got us stopped cold

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 05:21 PM
I was merely pointing out that QB and coaching are not our only holes.

MyManHali
12-23-2012, 05:22 PM
I was merely pointing out that QB and coaching are not our only holes.

Chiefster I was not directing that at you my man, just in general.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 05:22 PM
I was merely pointingout that QB and coaching are not our only holes.

That's what I've been doing all year. Some will just twist that to say you're happy with Cassel in Quinn no matter how much you also say we need a QB.

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Chiefster I was not directing that at you my man, just in general.
Gotcha. :smile

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Of course there are capable qb's in the draft, there are capable qb's in every draft.

That's true but if we can get a capable QB later then our 1st pick and get someone else no matter who else it is with our 1st pick then that would be something to look at as well. All we have really said is we have a lot of opitions that's all

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 05:26 PM
That's what I've been doing all year. Some will just twist that to say you're happy with Cassel in Quinn no matter how much you also say we need a QB.

I read ya!:bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
12-23-2012, 05:45 PM
The offensive line has 2 rookies and Lilja out of place. The depth we have on our O-line is great. Rookies getting thrust into a starting role are going to have growing pains. Every rookie does. The O-line is in really good shape. The WRs aren't as bad as they've looked. A lot has to do with them not being able to get in rhythm without consistant QB play.

Ryfo18
12-23-2012, 05:46 PM

Yep. Luck barely outplayed Quinn today, and that was the difference.

MyManHali
12-23-2012, 05:49 PM
That's true but if we can get a capable QB later then our 1st pick and get someone else no matter who else it is with our 1st pick then that would be something to look at as well. All we have really said is we have a lot of opitions that's all

I understand that, but since we are in the best spot available let's pick the best qb prospect in the draft, why limit ourselves? If our future GM thinks the best qb in the draft is projected to go in the second round then fine, but if not I do not want to leave it to chance.

MyManHali
12-23-2012, 05:53 PM

I still think we need to keep our D coordinator Gibbs, he has done a good job since taking over.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 05:56 PM
I understand that, but since we are in the best spot available let's pick the best qb prospect in the draft, why limit ourselves? If our future GM thinks the best qb in the draft is projected to go in the second round then fine, but if not I do not want to leave it to chance.

Exactly why limit ourself IF we see a talent that stands out far more then any QB out there when we work them out? Now if no one really stands out more then the QBs YES GET THE QB that just makes sense. But should anyone stand out far more then a QB why not draft him. We have options we can trade back up and get a qb we can do so much why limit ourselfs is all I have been saying We can do so many different things. But for any of that someone would have to REALLY stand out above the QBs. I don't know that will happen I don't know that it won't

Ryfo18
12-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Exactly why limit ourself IF we see a talent that stands out far more then any QB out there when we work them out? Now if no one really stands out more then the QBs YES GET THE QB that just makes sense. But should anyone stand out far more then a QB why not draft him. We have options we can trade back up and get a qb we can do so much why limit ourselfs is all I have been saying We can do so many different things. But for any of that someone would have to REALLY stand out above the QBs. I don't know that will happen I don't know that it won't

You really have no stance. It's just "do the best thing."

texaschief
12-23-2012, 06:02 PM
The Chiefs DOMINATED that game today. That's how much an average QB means in this league. Ask yourself a quick question: Do you ever see a GOOD/GREAT QB on a bad team? Drew Brees this year... MAYBE? This was a pretty tough season for them considering all drama surrounding that team this year.

Ryfo18
12-23-2012, 06:08 PM
The Chiefs DOMINATED that game today. That's how much an average QB means in this league. Ask yourself a quick question: Do you ever see a GOOD/GREAT QB on a bad team? Drew Brees this year... MAYBE? This was a pretty tough season for them considering all drama surrounding that team this year.

Stop making sense. This is prolly a 7/8 win team w/ Flacco.

2010chiefs
im proud of our defense and rushing game today. Passing and offensive play calling is still horrid. At Least They Took Shots Down The Field This Time. Stephenson had too many penalties today. Overall im glad we lost today. We nef that number 1 pick. Go chiefs.

matthewschiefs
You really have no stance. It's just "do the best thing."

I guess you can say that. I really don't care who they pick I just want them to be as sure as they can that player is a guy who can help this team win games for years. I don't want them to just look at QBs and draft one even if they don't see it there in those QBs. If they draft Geno because they look at everyone and think he's the guy great lets go. If they draft Teo for that same reason great lets go. If they draft insert players name here great lets go I just want them to do there homework on this pick that's all.

texaschief
12-23-2012, 06:10 PM

Flacco on this team gives us 9 or 10 wins, I think.

Ryfo18
12-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Flacco on this team gives us 9 or 10 wins, I think.

I'm being modest, but I agree. Instant playoff contender.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 06:11 PM

Not with this coaching staff. Who decides to sit the best WR they have on the roster every week. Whos head coach answers I don't no to questions it's his job to no the answers to. No qb would win many games with this coaching staff I could see 4 maybe 5 wins max

honda522
12-23-2012, 06:14 PM
You guys wanna talk about winning..start by talking about offensive coordinator dablow!

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 06:15 PM
You guys wanna talk about winning..start by talking about offensive coordinator dablow!

I think it starts with Romeo. Look at what happened with the defense once he fired himself as DC.

texaschief
12-23-2012, 06:19 PM
You're kidding yourself if you expected anything great from the OC this year. His track record did not suggest he'd come in here and light it up.

Chiefster
12-23-2012, 07:07 PM
The offensive line has 2 rookies and Lilja out of place. The depth we have on our O-line is great. Rookies getting thrust into a starting role are going to have growing pains. Every rookie does. The O-line is in really good shape. The WRs aren't as bad as they've looked. A lot has to do with them not being able to get in rhythm without consistant QB play.

Yeah I get that and one can say what they can about the growing pains of rookie O-linemen or linemen playing out of place, but at the pro level there really is no excuse for multiple penalties at home where crowd noise is not an issue (particularly in Arrowhead these days).

texaschief
12-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah I get that and one can say what they can about the growing pains of rookie O-linemen or linemen playing out of place, but at the pro level there really is no excuse for multiple penalties at home where crowd noise is not an issue (particularly in Arrowhead these days).

C'mon... Show me ANY rookie who did not make mistakes when they first saw the field. That kind of stuff happens. Hell, the kid was playing against one of the best DEs this league has seen over the last decade. That stuff is going to happen.

nigeriannightmare
12-23-2012, 08:07 PM
C'mon... Show me ANY rookie who did not make mistakes when they first saw the field. That kind of stuff happens. Hell, the kid was playing against one of the best DEs this league has seen over the last decade. That stuff is going to happen.

Michael Oher had three penalties in a row. Chop block, false start, and holding.....

Eydugstr
12-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Was there today. Forget to take the camera, or I would've had pics of the SOC banner flying overhead. Lots of empty seats.

The D and the running game played well. Hillis picked it up a notch and JC is still JC.

What cost us the game was the bonehead interceptions and the bonehead playcalling towards the end of the game. When we went for it on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal, things just went flat from there.

But the good news is our draft status is still safe.

MyManHali
12-23-2012, 08:30 PM
I think it starts with Romeo. Look at what happened with the defense once he fired himself as DC.

It starts with fat scott who hired these morons in the first place.

nigeriannightmare
12-23-2012, 11:20 PM
It starts with fat scott who hired these morons in the first place.

I know you don't like him but Scott pioli isn't fat he looks to be in pretty good shape.

honda522
12-24-2012, 04:45 AM

Maddens auto pick on ps3 could pick better plays then daboll. Crennel is definitely the problem tho. He should fire daboll

Chiefster
12-24-2012, 04:50 AM
Was there today. Forget to take the camera, or I would've had pics of the SOC banner flying overhead. Lots of empty seats.

The D and the running game played well. Hillis picked it up a notch and JC is still JC.

What cost us the game was the bonehead interceptions and the bonehead playcalling towards the end of the game. When we went for it on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal, things just went flat from there.

But the good news is our draft status is still safe.

Yeah, let's just hope that Denver doesn't decide to play it safe and rest all their starters...Oh wait, it's us I'm talking about.

...Never mind.

Eydugstr
12-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Yeah, let's just hope that Denver doesn't decide to play it safe and rest all their starters...Oh wait, it's us I'm talking about....Never mind.

:lol: