PDA

View Full Version : Thinking one player could have made all the difference!

Justin5772002
12-23-2012, 04:09 PM
TONY GONZALES! Anyone agree pioli getting rid of him was our biggest mistake ever? He's a go to guy anytime you need those first down yards and we just gave him away. If only we still had him things would look way different

MyManHali
12-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Our biggest mistake ever was hiring Scott Pioli.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Tony would have been a great help It would have given us someone to throw to we don't really have anyone to throw the ball to and don't really have anyone to throw it most the time

Justin5772002
12-23-2012, 04:13 PM
I mean I'm happy his team is Likely to win the Super Bowl just wish it were the chiefs with Tony G.

Justin5772002
12-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Yeah especially since our current QB doesn't have an arm we need to look at getting a big healthy physical tight end this offseason again that opens up our run game so much

nigeriannightmare
12-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Our biggest mistake ever was hiring Scott Pioli.

Has to be one of the bigger disappointments in the nfl. I still think Clark gives him one more year though.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Has to be one of the bigger disappointments in the nfl. I still think Clark gives him one more year though.

I don't see how Clark can at this point we are at the same spot we were 4 years ago. He's had his chance and failed

Ryfo18
12-23-2012, 04:44 PM
I was thinking a QB would have made the difference. Luck barely outplayed Brady Quinn. That was the difference in that game. Well, Wuinn combined w/ Daboll.

honda522
12-23-2012, 04:45 PM

I don't see how you think that. This is the worst the chiefs have ever been. No way Clark can look past that.

rodu
12-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Tony wanted out, what can you do

MyManHali
12-23-2012, 07:33 PM

Based on what? Clark either has to extend his contract or fire him at the end of this year.

Bike
12-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Did you guys see in the first half - play action pass - and the entire oline falls back - when they are trying to sell the run? C'mon - this team needs coaching and management first and foremost.

jap1
12-23-2012, 08:22 PM
If we hadn't traded Tony, he would be retired by now, or he would have left when his contract was up. He didn't want to stick around for another rebuild. He made that very clear. He is likely retiring after this season (per his own statements) and he has ony stuck around because of the prospect of getting to a SB. Why would he have stuck around in KC?

I would love to have had him, but we have much bigger problems. Defenses would have just double covered tony and then who would we get the ball to? Bowe who is injured?

nigeriannightmare
12-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Based on what? Clark either he has to extend his contract or fire him at the end of this year.

No he doesn't. There is still a year on his contract it was a five year deal not four. Scott has made Clark a lot of money we can all say we want but this is still a business and you go into business to make money. Do I want him gone yes but I really think Clark gives him one more chance. The other owners voice their displeasure with what's going in if expectations aren't met. They will use Romeo's health as a scapegoat and then the whole belcher thing.

Chiefster
12-24-2012, 03:58 AM
Tony, as great as he is, could not have helped this failed coaching staff win a duck pond game. I hope Tony get's his Superbowl ring this year.

Seek
12-24-2012, 07:45 AM
TONY GONZALES! Anyone agree pioli getting rid of him was our biggest mistake ever? He's a go to guy anytime you need those first down yards and we just gave him away. If only we still had him things would look way different

I do want to point out that Tony G. started all of the Trade me talk before Pioli was even here because he knew the team was in a rebuild and wanted to play for a playoff caliber team.

MyManHali
12-26-2012, 04:59 AM
No he doesn't. There is still a year on his contract it was a five year deal not four. Scott has made Clark a lot of money we can all say we want but this is still a business and you go into business to make money. Do I want him gone yes but I really think Clark gives him one more chance. The other owners voice their displeasure with what's going in if expectations aren't met. They will use Romeo's health as a scapegoat and then the whole belcher thing.

Owners never want to go into the last year of a contract with a general manager, he will either be extended or fired, take your pick.