PDA

View Full Version : Five Chiefs in the Pro Bowl

NJChiefs
12-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Reflects the fact that indeed we do have talent, and it is widely recognized.

Charles, Hali, Johnson, Berry and Colquitt.
Only three other AFC teams with more representatives.

All deserving IMO. Comments?

My only comment is that its never good to have a punter on the all pro roster. A record for punts inside the twenty. Not a good reflection on our offence.

drstandley31
12-26-2012, 07:23 PM
good thing they don't pick coaches for how good they did during the season! Congrats to these 5 great players!

jap1
12-26-2012, 07:25 PM

Charles, Hali, Johnson, Berry and Colquitt.
Only three other AFC teams with more representatives.

All deserving IMO. Comments?

My only comment is that its never good to have a punter on the all pro roster. A record for punts inside the twenty. Not a good reflection on our offence.

You beat me by a minute! More players in than wins. Not a good reflection on our coaching staff. We have the talent ...

JPPT1974
12-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Congrats to the players that made it, especially P Dustin Colquitt!

nigeriannightmare
12-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Testament to show you the importance of coaching. We are gonna have the first pick of the draft and have five pro bowlers????

matthewschiefs
12-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Testament to show you the importance of coaching. We are gonna have the first pick of the draft and have five pro bowlers????

Been saying this all year. This team has more talent then 2 wins

Ryfo18
12-26-2012, 09:06 PM

Yep...Pioli has done well in that regard. Will be a shame if poor coaching decisions ends his run as GM.

Chiefster
12-26-2012, 09:45 PM
They are well deserving of the honor. Likely to be 2-14 and yet we have five Chiefs representing the AFC in the Pro Bowl tells me that it's more about the coaching than the majority of the players.

nigeriannightmare
12-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Yep...Pioli has done well in that regard. Will be a shame if poor coaching decisions ends his run as GM.

And qb decision....he did think cassel and Quinn were good enough.... But hell I sure as hell didn't think cassel would suck as bad as he did. But yeah 5 pro bowlers that says something to the talent on this roster.

Ryfo18
12-27-2012, 01:58 AM
And qb decision....he did think cassel and Quinn were good enough.... But hell I sure as hell didn't think cassel would suck as bad as he did. But yeah 5 pro bowlers that says something to the talent on this roster.

My case is more do we want to bring in a new GM, who will want to bring in all his own players? I mean, we're talking wholesale changes across the board, including a whole new scouting dept that will be behind the rest of the league in terms of 2013 NFL draft prep.

Look at the failure at the QB position. Then go back and look at the drafts and picks the Chiefs have had. In terms of 1st rounders, there hasn't been a single good QB available when the Chiefs picked. I am very upset that we didn't get one of the solid QBs in this draft and are stuck w/ Stanzi who can't even see time on the field behind two terrible QBs though.

As I see it, he has a high pick, and one more shot to get the coaching position right. I like those odds over bringing in unknown behind door #2.

jap1
12-27-2012, 03:10 AM
My case is more do we want to bring in a new GM, who will want to bring in all his own players? I mean, we're talking wholesale changes across the board, including a whole new scouting dept that will be behind the rest of the league in terms of 2013 NFL draft prep.

Look at the failure at the QB position. Then go back and look at the drafts and picks the Chiefs have had. In terms of 1st rounders, there hasn't been a single good QB available when the Chiefs picked. I am very upset that we didn't get one of the solid QBs in this draft and are stuck w/ Stanzi who can't even see time on the field behind two terrible QBs though.

As I see it, he has a high pick, and one more shot to get the coaching position right. I like those odds over bringing in unknown behind door #2.

Usually, a New GM will keep the current scouts except for maybe the head of college scouting until after the draft, and then pick their own staff. That is what Pioli did, at least.

My concern is more about whether we change systems. Not so much on offense, but from a 3-4 to 4-3. Moving to a 4-3 puts our D back a year or two. With 3 probowl defensive players, and 2 more that got legit looks (Houston and Flowers) I would hate to see us rebuild the D.

I also hope we keep our LB coach and DB coach (Gibbs and Thomas I think).

AussieChiefsFan
12-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Grats to all! Finally Colquitt made it!! Very overdue

chiefnut
12-27-2012, 08:05 AM
how does the worst team in the nfl manage to land 5 players on the pro bowl which i think is 2 more than we had when we won the division 2 years ago. any team w/5 pro bowlers should be a competetive team, must be the coaching!!!!

nigeriannightmare
12-27-2012, 08:21 AM
We really should have gotten six. I think flowers is better than Jonathan Joseph and Antonio cromartie. Even Espn.coms title is a Mix of veterans and rookies and 5 Chiefs.

Ryfo18
12-27-2012, 11:42 AM
We really should have gotten six. I think flowers is better than Jonathan Joseph and Antonio cromartie. Even Espn.coms title is a Mix of veterans and rookies and 5 Chiefs.

Albert and Houston are also both worthy of consideration.

KristofLaw
12-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Awesome congratulations to them all. I share many of the sentiments already posted but would like to add that our boy D.J. is getting up there, let's get a ring for him soon.

Have a great time at the Pro Bowl fellas!

Seek
12-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Really, All of you guys actually think Eric Berry is deserving of being named a starter.....I know he has been playing better lately but the guy has looked nothing the part of starting Pro-bowler specially after I have seen him schooled so many times for a TD this year.

KCraised
12-27-2012, 01:15 PM
A lot of pissed off people around the league because of this.....lol

KCraised
12-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Really, All of you guys actually think Eric Berry is deserving of being named a starter.....I know he has been playing better lately but the guy has looked nothing the part of starting Pro-bowler specially after I have seen him schooled so many times for a TD this year.

Totally agree with this post. He probably spit his drink across the room when they told him....

doobs_05
12-27-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't know why berry made it but congrats (i guess).

NFL Stats: by Player Position (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticPositionCategory=DEFENSIVE_BACK&d-447263-s=DEFENSIVE_TOTAL_TACKLES&tabSeq=1&season=2012&Submit=Go&experience=&archive=false&conference=0011&qualified=true)
(DB stats, a couple of SS had slightly better stats)

Colquitt and Charles deserved it, running backs have better yards then JC, but they are all NFC and JC has a better YPC then all running backs besides AP

DJ is a good choice. Houston and Hali are toss ups.

NFL Stats: by Player Position (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticPositionCategory=LINEBACKER&d-447263-s=DEFENSIVE_SACKS&tabSeq=1&season=2012&Submit=Go&experience=&archive=false&conference=0011&qualified=true)

Hali and Houston are tops in sacks.

nigeriannightmare
12-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Albert and Houston are also both worthy of consideration.

So that makes 3 more that could have made it, wow....wow is all I got.

MyManHali
12-27-2012, 07:36 PM

He has one guy from his era going to the pro bowl, the others were king carl's.

He has done an awful job evaluating talent, most notably the entire 09 draft, god that was awful.

MyManHali
12-27-2012, 07:38 PM

4 of them were not pioli's.

Ryfo18
12-27-2012, 08:41 PM
He has one guy from his era going to the pro bowl, the others were king carl's.

He has done an awful job evaluating talent, most notably the entire 09 draft, god that was awful.

I bring up again though...look at the guys going. He's re-signed every one of them to team friendly contracts. All of them, except Berry, have 5 or more years experience (Hali 7, DJ 8, Colquitt 8). I mean, the oldest Pioli draft class is in their 4th year and that first year, 2009, was like one of the worst draft classes ever.

Don't we owe it to him to wait it out? Guys like DJ and Hali weren't instantly stars. DJ was at one point considered a bust.

Ryfo18
12-27-2012, 08:53 PM
If the next guy comes in and has 1 playoff appearance in 4 years and that's it are we gonna run him out too? A neverending cycle of this would be stupid. Everyone is very shortsighted.

This is a team many analysts predicted would win the AFCW OVER PEYTON MANNING. We had the unfortunate circumstances of poor coaching (which I know is Pioli's fault). But do we start over b/c of that?

MyManHali
12-27-2012, 09:25 PM
I bring up again though...look at the guys going. He's re-signed every one of them to team friendly contracts. All of them, except Berry, have 5 or more years experience (Hali 7, DJ 8, Colquitt 8). I mean, the oldest Pioli draft class is in their 4th year and that first year, 2009, was like one of the worst draft classes ever.

Don't we owe it to him to wait it out? Guys like DJ and Hali weren't instantly stars. DJ was at one point considered a bust.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out he needed to sign good young pro bowl players that were inherited to him.

The guy has not drafted one starting calibur CB or WR since he has been here. Our offense looks absolutely horrible. No QB, No RB to compliment JC, no WR (Baldwin/Mccluster)

He has had conservative mediocre drafts and lack of FA is why we are at 2-13.

There is nothing and I repeat NOTHING that shows me why he should still be the general manager here, there is no long term plan other than to have mediocre drafts and be extremely conservative in FA.

It's going to be over soon, and thank god.

MyManHali
12-27-2012, 09:28 PM
If the next guy comes in and has 1 playoff appearance in 4 years and that's it are we gonna run him out too? A neverending cycle of this would be stupid. Everyone is very shortsighted.

This is a team many analysts predicted would win the AFCW OVER PEYTON MANNING. We had the unfortunate circumstances of poor coaching (which I know is Pioli's fault). But do we start over b/c of that?

It isn't that hard, if you have a gm who has had 1 winning season in 4 years you let him go and try the next guy. If 3 losing seasons out of 4 isn't enough for you to want change, then I don't know what else will.

It would be incredibly stupid to keep Scott Pioli on this team. The product he has presented on the field has been absolutely horrible.

nigeriannightmare
12-27-2012, 09:47 PM
It doesn't take a genius to figure out he needed to sign good young pro bowl players that were inherited to him.

The guy has not drafted one starting calibur CB or WR since he has been here. Our offense looks absolutely horrible. No QB, No RB to compliment JC, no WR (Baldwin/Mccluster)

There is nothing and I repeat NOTHING that shows me why he should still be the general manager here, there is no long term plan other than to have mediocre drafts and be extremely conservative in FA.

Well pioli could have screwed the chiefs much like Carolina was screwed by the ridiculous contracts that were give on that team. Like I have said it is a business and making someone millions upon millions goes a long way. I dont want to start over I'm sick of starting over.

Ryfo18
12-27-2012, 09:48 PM

I agree, 2-13 is as low as it gets. But think back to when CP left. This team was also 2-14, and many of this team's studs "sucked." Hali, DJ, Carr, Albert, Charles, and Dorsey. NONE of them were considered an impact player at the time.

I look at Arenas and see a guy who has made some big strides as a cover CB since being thrust in there after Routt was cut. I mean, Carr was once considered by every single Chiefs fan a liability who needed to be replaced. I think it's very unfair to start reaching crazy assumptions about Pioli's draft picks. In my eyes, they are young guys that haven't reached their peak yet (like the 6 guys I labeled in the first paragraph).

And honestly as far as QB goes, there wasn't a single 1st rd QB we could have had in the last 4 years based on the picks KC had. Sanchez? Tebow? Locker? You could argue Russell Wilson, but 70 some other picks went before Wilson. He had a lot of question marks.

Ryfo18
12-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Well pioli could have screwed the chiefs much like Carolina was screwed by the ridiculous contracts that were give on that team. Like I have said it is a business and making someone millions upon millions goes a long way. I dont want to start over I'm sick of starting over.

Exactly. The contracts he negotiated were "no-brainers" in that these players needed to come back. The fact that they were team friendly he gets no credit for?

MyManHali
12-27-2012, 10:24 PM
I agree, 2-13 is as low as it gets. But think back to when CP left. This team was also 2-14, and many of this team's studs "sucked." Hali, DJ, Carr, Albert, Charles, and Dorsey. NONE of them were considered an impact player at the time.

I look at Arenas and see a guy who has made some big strides as a cover CB since being thrust in there after Routt was cut. I mean, Carr was once considered by every single Chiefs fan a liability who needed to be replaced. I think it's very unfair to start reaching crazy assumptions about Pioli's draft picks. In my eyes, they are young guys that haven't reached their peak yet (like the 6 guys I labeled in the first paragraph).

And honestly as far as QB goes, there wasn't a single 1st rd QB we could have had in the last 4 years based on the picks KC had. Sanchez? Tebow? Locker? You could argue Russell Wilson, but 70 some other picks went before Wilson. He had a lot of question marks.

So what you are saying is this:

Scott Pioli needs more time.

Yeah, it isn't Scott Pioli's job to address the qb position. Please, get out of here, and to make matters worse he traded for a terrible qb and spent 4 offseasons trying to prop cassel up and sell him as a viable starter.

There were options at qb, off the top of my head:

Josh Freeman, Andy Dalton, Russel Wilson, Kyle Orton, could even throw in Cousins. All are much better options than Cassel.

MyManHali
12-27-2012, 10:25 PM

You want to continue with this?

MyManHali
12-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Exactly. The contracts he negotiated were "no-brainers" in that these players needed to come back. The fact that they were team friendly he gets no credit for?

lol, we are way under the cap, every player we sign is "contract friendly."

Except for your golden boy, the suckiest of them all, Matt Cassel.

Ryfo18
12-27-2012, 10:28 PM
lol, we are way under the cap, every player we sign is "contract friendly."

Except for your golden boy, the suckiest of them all, Matt Cassel.

He's definitely not my golden boy...That have been his two biggest mistakes, QB and coaching. The way I see it, put him under the gun and give him a chance to get it right w/ a new coach and a high draft pick.

And the other QBs you named, only Dalton has made the playoffs. Freeman has had one winning season in 4 years. I addressed Russell Wilson...Had we had any of the other 31 GMs in the league, Wilson would not be on this team either. Kyle Orton chose to hold a clipboard in Dallas.

I've spoken my thoughts on Pioli. It's not a popular stance I know. Oh well. We'll know his fate in less than a week. You're ignoring my other points though (about the "crappy" guys we had on this roster when CP left).

whackojacko58
12-27-2012, 10:33 PM
He's definitely not my golden boy...That have been his two biggest mistakes, QB and coaching. The way I see it, put him under the gun and give him a chance to get it right w/ a new coach and a high draft pick.

And the other QBs you named, only Dalton has made the playoffs. Freeman has had one winning season in 4 years. I addressed Russell Wilson...Had we had any of the other 31 GMs in the league, Wilson would not be on this team either. Kyle Orton chose to hold a clipboard in Dallas.

Hes had a top pick.. He took tyson jackson... Also had a chance to choose a head coach... He choose crennel

Ryfo18
12-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Hes had a top pick.. He took tyson jackson... Also had a chance to choose a head coach... He choose crennel

Keep in mind the best QB left on the board in that draft was Mark Sanchez.

Tyson Jackson has been a productive starter for 4 years now, in a draft in which many of the top 15 picks are not even in the league anymore. That 2009 draft was awful, so plucking out a consistent starter shoudl be seen as a win in my opinion.

MyManHali
12-27-2012, 10:40 PM

I've spoken my peach on Pioli. It's not a popular stance I know. Oh well. You're ignoring my other points though (about the "crappy" guys we had on this roster when CP left).

Dalton certainly has more upside than anyone we have, that is for sure. He did go to a pro bowl (he was an alternate) in his second year in the league, and he was playing against 2 top defenses 4 times a year.

Russell Wilson was drafted by Carrol, who obviously looked upon Wilson as a NFL starter, why didn't Pioli?

Pioli's drafts have been mediocre at best, he has acquired absolutely NO ONE on the offensive side of the ball who is a legitimate impact player. Can you name one?

The bottomline is this, he has hired incompetent coaching staffs for 4 seasons, failed to address the qb position with 1 draft pick and 4 FA, and traded a second round pick in doing so. Mediocre drafts and conservative offseasons lead us to 2-14 Ryfo, and I have seen enough. You and I know without JC we would have absolutely no offensive production (Who wasn't a Pioli pick)

Ryfo18
12-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Dalton certainly has more upside than anyone we have, that is for sure. He did go to a pro bowl (he was an alternate) in his second year in the league, and he was playing against 2 top defenses 4 times a year.

Russell Wilson was drafted by Carrol, who obviously looked upon Wilson as a NFL starter, why didn't Pioli?

Pioli has had bad drafts, he has acquired absolutely NO ONE on the offensive side of the ball who is capable of being a legitimate impact player. Can you name one?

The bottomline is this, he has hired incompetent coaching staffs for 4 seasons, failed to address the qb position with 1 draft pick and 4 FA, and traded a second round pick in doing so. Mediocre drafts and conservative offseasons lead us to 2-14 Ryfo, and I have seen enough. You and I know without JC we would have absolutely no offensive production (Who wasn't a Pioli pick)

I agree, but it's easy to have hindsight and pluck out the late/middle round QBs (Dalton/Wilson) that panned out and say, "Why didn't we pick them?" We must keep in mind that a lot of coaches/GMs didn't pick these guys. And among these guys are some crappy guys that came out (Clausen, Gabbert, Locker, etc).

Listen, I know that the 2-14 speaks loudly. I just don't think you kick a GM out after 4 years, especially when there's talent on the field. We disagree with that fundamental point, and I'll agree to disagree. Like I said, we'll know his fate soon enough.

MyManHali
12-27-2012, 10:45 PM

Tyson Jackson has been a productive starter for 4 years now, in a draft in which many of the top 15 picks are not even in the league anymore. That 2009 draft was awful, so plucking out a consistent starter shoudl be seen as a win in my opinion.

No he hasn't, he was rated one of the worst 3/4 DE in the league this year.

It was a bad pick. Period.

Now let's all watch Josh Freeman highligh clips and wonder what could have been.

MyManHali
12-27-2012, 10:47 PM
I agree, but it's easy to have hindsight and pluck out the late/middle round QBs (Dalton/Wilson) that panned out and say, "Why didn't we pick them?" We must keep in mind that a lot of coaches/GMs didn't pick these guys. And among these guys are some crappy guys that came out (Clausen, Gabbert, Locker, etc).

Listen, I know that the 2-14 speaks loudly. I just don't think you kick a GM out after 4 years, especially when there's talent on the field. We disagree with that fundamental point, and I'll agree to disagree. Like I said, we'll know his fate soon enough.

Yes it is easy, but then again we are not the ones getting paid 5 million a year to evaluate talent and build a successful team, Scott Pioli is, and Scott Pioli has failed.

You better not let Cassel's Reckoning see these posts Ryfo. ; )

nigeriannightmare
12-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Yes it is easy, but then again we are not the ones getting paid 5 million a year to evaluate talent and build a successful team, Scott Pioli is, and Scott Pioli has failed.

You better not let Cassel's Reckoning see these posts Ryfo. ; )

His job is to make his owner money while evaluating talent. He has signed a crap ton of team friendly contracts where most GMs would have paid top dollar that can not be ignored. His ability to pick a HC is pretty poor though....and QB. Lets see do I fire a guy who made me millions over a disaster of a season and take the chance on bringing in a guy that could screw me. Dude it's a conundrum. Just like having the first pick in this years draft. We are bloody cursed.

matthewschiefs
12-27-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm not as down with Pioli for the talent he has brought then the coaching he has brought.

Bad coaching hurts players. And that's even more when those players are young.

Tyson Jackson is a example of this. I saw him start playing MUCH better shortly after Romeo fired himself as DC. He got a sack in 3 stright games. Where did that come from? Maybe Gibbs found something that Romeo didn't to bring that out of him

So much talk about the QBs this year. I say that's anther case of the coaching. Even Matt Cassel has played better then what he did this season. I no some want to try to make excuses for that but IT HAPPENED. He was hurt by this horrid coaching staff as well. Do I want him back as the QB no but Romeo is more to blame for 2-13 then anyone else. ANd Pioli is the one that gave Romeo the job. That's why I'm down on Pioli. He has brought far more talent then there was 4 years ago he just hasn't done the other half of his job and got the coach for that talent. Haley was an ok coach not good. Romeo is a bad head coach the game has past him by. That's why Pioli should be worried for his job. Half the job isn't going to get it done.

matthewschiefs
12-27-2012, 11:04 PM

Now let's all watch Josh Freeman highligh clips and wonder what could have been.

Freeman has hardly done anything for me to sit here and think what could have been.

whackojacko58
12-27-2012, 11:08 PM

Consistently bad until recently he all the sudden says crap ill be jobless next year and hes triple the production hes had in the past four years in four games!!

MyManHali
12-27-2012, 11:35 PM
His job is to make his owner money while evaluating talent.He has signed a crap ton of team friendly contracts where most GMs would have paid top dollar that can not be ignored. His ability to pick a HC is pretty poor though....and QB. Lets see do I fire a guy who made me millions over a disaster of a season and take the chance on bringing in a guy that could screw me. Dude it's a conundrum. Just like having the first pick in this years draft. We are bloody cursed.

His job is to build a winning team, it is a revenue sharing league, Clark could wake up on draft days and pick whoever he wanted to pick and would still make 100 million dollars a year no matter how bad the team is.

His draft picks especially on the offensive side of the ball have been disastrous, and I am not talking just about the qb position. I am talking all phazes of the offense.

MyManHali
12-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Freeman has hardly done anything for me to sit here and think what could have been.

We cant be complacent with picks like Tyson Jackson. With Josh Freeman, we could atleast eliminate the qb problem.

MyManHali
12-27-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm not as down with Pioli for the talent he has brought then the coaching he has brought.

Tyson Jackson is a example of this. I saw him start playing MUCH better shortly after Romeo fired himself as DC. He got a sack in 3 stright games. Where did that come from? Maybe Gibbs found something that Romeo didn't to bring that out of him

So much talk about the QBs this year. I say that's anther case of the coaching. Even Matt Cassel has played better then what he did this season. I no some want to try to make excuses for that but IT HAPPENED. He was hurt by this horrid coaching staff as well. Do I want him back as the QB no but Romeo is more to blame for 2-13 then anyone else. ANd Pioli is the one that gave Romeo the job. That's why I'm down on Pioli. He has brought far more talent then there was 4 years ago he just hasn't done the other half of his job and got the coach for that talent. Haley was an ok coach not good. Romeo is a bad head coach the game has past him by. That's why Pioli should be worried for his job. Half the job isn't going to get it done.

Pioli's offensive picks in the draft and offseason have been absolutely awful. RB, WR, QB.

Why in god's name would I want him to handle another coaching staff and top 5 pick? A pick where we should go on the offensive side of the ball.

I do not want Pioli making that pick. The only positive thing I can say about Scott Pioli is that he has done a solid job rounding out the roster on the defensive side of the ball, so for that I give him a D-

2010chiefs
12-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Cassel cost Pioli his job IMO. He brought in Brady Quinn to compete for the starting job. Brady Quinn! The season before that we had Brodie Croyle as the back up. Also no real competition. I knew Cassel wasn't the QBOTF even when we won the AFC west. It drove me crazy watching him play. Luckily the teams we played were worse then us. I can give Pioli a pass this year for picking a horrible Coach in Romeo Crennel, however I cannot overlook his stubborness and the QB's he's passed on year after year so he can keep Matt Cassel as the starter.

Eydugstr
12-28-2012, 12:06 AM

+1. He has been playing well as of late, but the pro bowl? Hopefully next year will be the year he really breaks out as a star.

nigeriannightmare
12-28-2012, 05:42 AM
How do we forget tyke Palio???? How on gods green earth did that QB make an NFL 53 man roster? We have made bone head descisions at the qb spot for sure. Look at our qbs since Trent green, hell the qbs before Trent green and tell me we aren't cursed.

Coach
12-28-2012, 08:10 AM

This is pretty much how I feel. Pioli whiffed twice on hiring the right coach. He needs one more chance to get it right. You can't just keep chasing off General Managers. His other big mistake has been the handling of the QB position. I think Pioli would freely admit that. I think you will see at least 2 fresh faces at QB on this roster next summer and a new starter.

Getting back to the topic, Dwayne Bowe is a Pro-Bowl caliber player that didn't have a Pro-Bowl year. That makes 9 legitimate players that have Pro-bowl talent. We have talent, but we need COACHING!

Guru
12-28-2012, 08:17 AM

If they are even worse than this after that time period then absolutely you do. You don't just stick with someone for the sake of sticking with them in hopes they don't suck as bad as their record states.

Keep in mind the tenure of your previous GMs. WE held on to them much too long. Especially Steadman. Pioli is a abberation. (sp?)

Hopefully the next GM won't be another lost cause and I have to believe that Clark will pick much better this time.

Guru
12-28-2012, 08:20 AM

We have never had to do this at GM before man. We usually give the GMs forever and half before they leave.

You are referring to the coaching carousel here. Yeah, I'm sick of that too. But Romeo is by far the worse HC we have ever had.

Guru
12-28-2012, 08:29 AM
This is pretty much how I feel. Pioli whiffed twice on hiring the right coach. He needs one more chance to get it right. You can't just keep chasing off General Managers. His other big mistake has been the handling of the QB position. I think Pioli would freely admit that. I think you will see at least 2 fresh faces at QB on this roster next summer and a new starter.

Getting back to the topic, Dwayne Bowe is a Pro-Bowl caliber player that didn't have a Pro-Bowl year. That makes 9 legitimate players that have Pro-bowl talent. We have talent, but we need COACHING!

Pioli still believes Matt CAssel can win in this league. He is on record this year with that. No way will he admit he is wrong about his handling of the QB position.

doobs_05
12-28-2012, 12:35 PM

Or we could watch the last 2 games he played....8 ints i think ( i don't know if you were using sarcasm or not, but he is better then cassel)

AussieChiefsFan
12-29-2012, 07:11 AM
Brandon Flowers and Justin Houston are next in line if any of the current AFC OLBs or CBs can't make the game. If the Borncos make the Super Bowl both Flowers & Houston will be in the Pro Bowl. If either Houstan or Indy make the super bowl 1 of the 2 will make the pro bowl along with the 5 chiefs that are already in.