PDA

View Full Version : pioli will be back according to sources

slc chief
12-30-2012, 11:59 AM
more and more reports are coming in that pioli will not be fired. only crennell.

mejohnm
12-30-2012, 12:02 PM
wow... thats all I can say...

Bike
12-30-2012, 12:02 PM
more and more reports are coming in that pioli will not be fired. only crennell.
This would be a mistake.

kcvet
12-30-2012, 12:31 PM
One of the more repeated rumors on this final Sunday of the regular season comes from Kansas City. Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com and Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports both pass along chatter that Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli will stick in Kansas City, but coach Romeo Crennel will not

NFL LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000118607/article/will-kansas-city-chiefs-gm-scott-pioli-keep-his-job)

MissingTBone
12-30-2012, 12:34 PM
I just saw on Fox pre game Jay Glazier said Pioli to meet with Clark tomorrow to explain why he should be retained and why his next coach will be right move. Ugh, I guess his drafting record, and winning record aren't enough to explain why he shouldn't?!!?

Bike
12-30-2012, 12:34 PM
If this is the case - good luck on selling any tickets. Pioli is an incompetent boob.

kcvet
12-30-2012, 12:36 PM
guess hunt can't read the writing on the locker room walls

Bike
12-30-2012, 12:42 PM
The problem is looking more and more like it is Clark. Clark aint no Lamar - thats for sure. This doesn't bode well for Chiefs fans.

slc chief
12-30-2012, 12:44 PM
what a joke. what half descent coach do they think they are going to get. with the possability of the gm being fired within the next few years hanging over the coaches head. they need to do it now and get it over with. what are they going to do keep the scouting department to

MissingTBone
12-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Well if Pioli stays I guess that pretty much guarantees well draft a crappy qb? Pioli hasn't shown me he's capable of making good draft choices and especially with our high picks this year. Pioli = DWI Drafting Without Intelligence.

Bike
12-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Pioli is a bumbling fool. He is no more qualified to manage an NFL franchise than I am.

Bike
12-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Well if Pioli stays I guess that pretty much guarantees well draft a crappy qb? Pioli hasn't shown me he's capable of making good draft choices and especially with our high picks this year. Pioli = DWI Drafting Without Intelligence.
Word is that Pioli likes Mike Glennon - and Mel Kiper has him as a top 10 pick (Walterfootball has him going at no. 6 to Buffalo.) If Pioli stays, look for Glennon as our pick with the number one selection. Huge reach imo.

slc chief
12-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Word is that Pioli likes Mike Glennon - and Mel Kiper has him as a top 10 pick (Walterfootball has him going at no. 6 to Buffalo.) If Pioli stays, look for Glennon as our pick with the number one selection. Huge reach imo.

what a suprise that would be pioli reaching for a player. what a joke

MissingTBone
12-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Just read the scouting report on Glennon, def seems like someone Pioli would reach for. Had a great jr season, and an average but far from outstanding sr year. I can never love another team like I love the Chiefs, but if they retain Pioli, I guess I'll be working a lot during the next few football seasons on Sundays as they never seem to put a quality product on the field. AND it all starts with Pioli.

MyManHali
12-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Pioli won't be back.

slc chief
12-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Pioli won't be back.

gawd i hope your right dont be so sure though

nigeriannightmare
12-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Pioli won't be back.

Even Adam schefter is reporting that pioli will be back....he's pretty accurate.

KCraised
12-30-2012, 03:25 PM
I got 5 bucks on Pioli being fired. I won't bet 20, though.....

MyManHali
12-30-2012, 03:34 PM
gawd i hope your right dont be so sure though

I am sticking to my guns in this one.

MyManHali
12-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Even Adam schefter is reporting that pioli will be back....he's pretty accurate.

Schefter says Chiefs leaning towards firing Pioli.

Schefter: Chiefs mulling big change - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/53128/schefter-chiefs-mulling-big-change)

Bike
12-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Pioli is a yes man. He has always been a yes man. It's no wonder that anybody under him have to be yes men. He is a terrible GM. If Clark doesn't understand this, the Chiefs are doomed for more failure.

MyManHali
12-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Pioli is a yes man. He has always been a yes man. It's no wonder that anybody under him have to be yes men. He is a terrible GM. If Clark doesn't understand this, the Chiefs are doomed for more failure.

Send Pioli back to get more coffee for Bill Bellicheck.

nigeriannightmare
12-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Schefter says Chiefs leaning towards firing Pioli.

Schefter: Chiefs mulling big change - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/53128/schefter-chiefs-mulling-big-change)

You are right it was Jason cole of yahoo sports. I don't know why I read Adam schefter.

Bike
12-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Send Pioli back to get more coffee for Bill Bellicheck.
He's got a better chance of getting hired as the spokesman for Hair Club For Men.

MyManHali
12-30-2012, 03:47 PM
You are right it was Jason cole of yahoo sports. I don't know why I read Adam schefter.

It's cool, one thing I am worried about is if Clark takes a week or so to decide, because if he still is on the fence, or not 100% sure I doubt we see a decision Monday morning.

brdempsey69
12-30-2012, 03:54 PM
If Pioli is retained:

R.I.P. Chiefs Franchise !!

They'll continue existing under a tombstone, as long as he's the GM.

nigeriannightmare
12-30-2012, 03:58 PM
It's cool, one thing I am worried about is if Clark takes a week or so to decide, because if he still is on the fence, or not 100% sure I doubt we see a decision Monday morning.

That's what concerns me. Dude I'm on the fence. I really don't want to go through a rebuild. We do have 5 pro bowlers any way you slice it. But man he keeps just effin up. The fact that Ferentz is even being brought up should get his arse fired.

#58ChiefsFan
12-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Still need an explanation for Pioli not making one signing of the pending free agents in season if he's staying.

He's out the door, don't worry.

Bike
12-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Still need an explanation for Pioli not making one signing of the pending free agents in season if he's staying.

He's out the door, don't worry.
This is pretty telling.

MyManHali
12-30-2012, 04:29 PM
That's what concerns me. Dude I'm on the fence. I really don't want to go through a rebuild. We do have 5 pro bowlers any way you slice it. But man he keeps just effin up. The fact that Ferentz is even being brought up should get his arse fired.

Even though we are absolutely awful on offense, we still have JC to build around, and the defense is ok. I don't believe we need a total rebuild. If anything, the current route we are on with Pioli isn't working.

matthewschiefs
12-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Even though we are absolutely awful on offense, we still have JC to build around, and the defense is ok. I don't believe we need a total rebuild. If anything, the current route we are on with Pioli isn't working.

Not really

Atlanta,Buffalo,2 games against the Chargers,Tampa

the D needs alot of help to. Yes some of those points were because of turnovers but take those away and there are still WAY to many points allowed

But i'm sure you will want to keep ignoreing that and go on and on about the QB need

Miller
12-30-2012, 04:52 PM
I don't know how I get behind this team if Peoli comes back. That would be the straw that broke the camels back

brdempsey69
12-30-2012, 04:58 PM
I don't know how I get behind this team if Peoli comes back. That would be the straw that broke the camels back

I won't be supporting them any more if Pioli is retained. After 4 decades of supporting them through thick and thin, enough is enough. I want the Chiefs to be a football team, not a political zoo that Clark Hunt and Scott Pioli have turned them into.

My biggest fear is the franchise may have died with it's founder, Lamar Hunt in 2006. They've been the worst team, record-wise, in the AFC since 2007.

Clark had better do the right thing & get rid of Pioli and get a real GM. Otherwise, season ticket sales are going to drop way down.

nigeriannightmare
12-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Ya'all can talk about the qb all you want Brian daboll can't do crap. Worst OC ever. Period no question.

drstandley31
12-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Pioli may be back, but the fans won't.

rodu
12-30-2012, 06:07 PM
http://robinbrown.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/double-facepalm1.jpg

matthewschiefs
12-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Not really

the D needs alot of help to. Yes some of those points were because of turnovers but take those away and there are still WAY to many points allowed

But i'm sure you will want to keep ignoreing that and go on and on about the QB need

Oh and you can add today to that list to

marloweopatchiefs
12-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Chiefs reportedly leaning toward firing Scott Pioli - SB Nation Kansas City (http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/12/30/3817882/chiefs-reportedly-leaning-toward-firing-scott-pioli)

not so fast on pioli staying. even la confora and jay glazer said pioli is on the bubble

MyManHali
12-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Not really

The offense, specifically the passing game is much worse than anything on the defense.

Or do you not agree that the qb is the biggest need? Because it is.

matthewschiefs
12-30-2012, 07:07 PM
The offense, specifically the passing game is much worse than anything on the defense.

Or do you not agree?

I agree that the offense has been worse then the d but this D is not "ok" it has a ton of problems to

MyManHali
12-30-2012, 07:11 PM
I agree that the offense has been worse then the d but this D is not "ok" it has a ton of problems to

The D is mediocre, I have said that since the Carr absence we need another starting CB, as well as depth.

The quarterback position is the biggest need and is the most important position, that is why you take what the best has to offer in 2013.

Therre are a lot of people who say if we fix the coaching and qb the team will be fine, that is false. The coaching and qb is not the only problem on this team, but the qb position is definitely the right place to start.

But hey, atleast Scott Pioli will be gone, I think we can all agree with that.

matthewschiefs
12-30-2012, 07:14 PM
The D is mediocre, I have said that since the Carr absence we need another starting CB, as well as depth.

The quarterback position is the biggest need and is the most important position, that is why you take what the best has to offer in 2013.

Therre are a lot of people who say if we fix the coaching and qb the team will be fine, that is false. The coaching and qb is not the only problem on this team, but the qb position is definitely the right place to start.

I think it starts with the coach. Anther bad coach would hurt the QBS. It has hurt the QBs we have on this team this year as we have seen better play out of Cassel then what we did this year. The coaching is more important if we get a rookie QB.

marloweopatchiefs
12-30-2012, 07:18 PM
i hope adam scheftner is right

rodu
12-30-2012, 07:30 PM

the best that 2013 is a waste of a 1st overall pick, or even top 10 pick

MyManHali
12-30-2012, 07:32 PM
I think it starts with the coach. Anther bad coach would hurt the QBS. It has hurt the QBs we have on this team this year as we have seen better play out of Cassel then what we did this year. The coaching is more important if we get a rookie QB.

Yes I agree. But in the above post why do you say things like "You will continue to ignore other things than the qb" when you talk a lot about te'o, not really a position we need, especially after looking at today's game.

I have desperately wanted a change for a long time. From CB, RB, WR, Management, Coaching, specifically Daboll and the list goes on.

All I am saying is that when you have the top pick in the draft you need to get the best available player that can help your team out the most, and with our lousy team a qb would make the most impact. We may not be in a position in the future to draft a top qb, even if some may not believe the right qb is in this draft. There was no guaranteed qb in 08 when Matt Ryan was drafted, and look at the Falcons now, a super bowl contender.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but the bottomline is this, regardless of how good or bad our team is, we aren't going anywhere without a good quarterback.

Lord-Chiefy
12-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Yea no I'm sure that mynanorton. Errrr mymanhali wants gang banging wanna be qb geno.

Bike
12-30-2012, 07:38 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse, but the bottomline is this, regardless of how good or bad our team is, we aren't going anywhere without a good quarterback.
All we need is a gm with enough foresight and competence to find us one. That leaves Pioli OUT.

swochief
12-30-2012, 07:44 PM
what a suprise that would be pioli reaching for a player. what a joke

If Kiper happens to be right it would not be much of one. If rumors are right and the Jags get Tebow and want Smith then maybe we could trade back a spot or two , pick up some extra picks and get Glennon.

Recording NC ST game tomorrow , gotta work bout half of it, so i can see for my self if i would want him.:fishing:

matthewschiefs
12-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Yes I agree. But in the above post why do you say things like "You will continue to ignore other things than the qb" when you talk a lot about te'o, not really a position we need, especially after looking at today's game.

I have desperately wanted a change for a long time. From CB, RB, WR, Management, Coaching, specifically Daboll and the list goes on.

All I am saying is that when you have the top pick in the draft you need to get the best available player that can help your team out the most, and with our lousy team a qb would make the most impact. We may not be in a position in the future to draft a top qb, even if some may not believe the right qb is in this draft. There was no guaranteed qb in 08 when Matt Ryan was drafted, and look at the Falcons now, a super bowl contender.

And I agree that a QB will make the biggest impact but that impact isn't always good. If we had a stout D ok that's different We MUST take a QB. But we don't have a stout D or anything. We can't limit ourselfs to a QB.

The thing I said about Teo is that we should LOOK AT HIm. I never once said we need to draft him. I said give him a look work him out do all that stuff and then if AND ONLY IF he CLEARLY stands out above all the qbs we look at then take him. There's a condition to takeing him. I've never once said we need to take him just we can't ignore him you are the one that twist it to me saying that we should take him.

Only a few times have you talked about anything other then QB and Pioli. When I bring up the poor d the fact that the WR had the ball hit him in the hands and it still ended up in the defenders hands you label me as an "excuse maker" ECT. Qb is our biggest problem but that doesn't mean it's makeing excuses to talk about the other problems when they happen. That's the problem I have with the talk here anything other then how bad our qbs is just labeled as "Excuse making" "lovefest" ECT. And when the same standards are used on Geno Smith all of a sudden you want to talk about the horrible defenseive play. The problem with your look on the QB situation is your double standard. I've been saying all year you can't have it both ways.

whackojacko58
12-30-2012, 07:59 PM
We have the 1st pick were going to look at EVERYONE

swochief
12-30-2012, 08:13 PM
And I agree that a QB will make the biggest impact but that impact isn't always good. If we had a stout D ok that's different We MUST take a QB. But we don't have a stout D or anything. We can't limit ourselfs to a QB.

The thing I said about Teo is that we should LOOK AT HIm. I never once said we need to draft him. I said give him a look work him out do all that stuff and then if AND ONLY IF he CLEARLY stands out above all the qbs we look at then take him. There's a condition to takeing him. I've never once said we need to take him just we can't ignore him you are the one that twist it to me saying that we should take him.

Only a few times have you talked about anything other then QB and Pioli. When I bring up the poor d the fact that the WR had the ball hit him in the hands and it still ended up in the defenders hands you label me as an "excuse maker" ECT. Qb is our biggest problem but that doesn't mean it's makeing excuses to talk about the other problems when they happen. That's the problem I have with the talk here anything other then how bad our qbs is just labeled as "Excuse making" "lovefest" ECT. And when the same standards are used on Geno Smith all of a sudden you want to talk about the horrible defenseive play. The problem with your look on the QB situation is your double standard. I've been saying all year you can't have it both ways.

I agree with you. Some are solid on the qb or bust trak.

Recievers droppin balls when current qbs do hit them in the hands way too often. We only have one good Te and he gets hurt alot.

I want to get the qb too , but not at number one if they do not grade out in the top 5-6 , and i do not want Geno w/ a first round period.

This defense is definately missin a few pieces too. They need a taller CB(donkeys proved that often today) , a bruisin run stopper at MLB , and i hate to say it cause the D-line is pretty young but they need help there too.

ctchiefsfan
12-31-2012, 12:36 AM

Please don't say things like that! You are inflaming my ulcers!

Eydugstr
12-31-2012, 01:10 AM
I just saw on Fox pre game Jay Glazier said Pioli to meet with Clark tomorrow to explain why he should be retained and why his next coach will be right move. Ugh, I guess his drafting record, and winning record aren't enough to explain why he shouldn't?!!?

If that's true...Hats off to Clark Hunt for being a fan of live, stand up comedy in the board room.

How can Pioli explain himself out of this one ?!? I can't even imagine Pioli WANTING to come back after a season like 2012. With that being said, everyone needs a job these days, so I'd like to recommend Pioli & co. to the San Diego Chargers.
:chiefs:

swochief
12-31-2012, 02:00 AM
I really hope they fire pioli by day break. Kinda been flip floppin on it for a week or so cause they will probably do quite a bit of rebuilding if and when they do. Chiefs are a young team after all. As it is we're a ways off from being competitive from what i've seen the last 7-8 weeks. Good coaches , good QB & CB would do alot.

But this evening I remembered what it is I hate most about the way he runs things besides the bad drafts and coaches , enuff to run him out of KC on their own.

Its all this secret secret crap. No one allowed to talk except him or the coach and they give coach speak & not much info on anything. Now i'm hearing that the players hardly do things in and around the community anymore either. This "Patriots" stuff needs to be gone.

I dont need to know games plans or severity of injuries or exact players they're trying to get but it'd sure be great if they let the fans back in. Feel like they don't care one way or the other as long as we give them our money.

I know its still a business and cold hard cash is the bottom line. But its our hard earned money we spend on the Chiefs and i for one would like to know more about what's going on at Arrowhead besides they drop gum wrappers on the floor once in awhile.

KCCF
12-31-2012, 03:18 AM

I know this is kind of irrelevant but your spelling is so awful.. But you're telling me we shouldn't draft QB (which is our number one need if you didn't know) because we need a linebacker instead?... the thought process behind that is sickening. Pioli?

KCCF
12-31-2012, 03:24 AM

Spell check my friend.. But you're telling me we shouldn't draft QB (which is our number one need if you didn't know) because we need a linebacker instead?... the thought process behind that is sickening. Pioli?

matthewschiefs
12-31-2012, 03:30 AM
I know this is kind of irrelevant but your spelling is so awful.. But you're telling me we shouldn't draft QB (which is our number one need if you didn't know) because we need a linebacker instead?... the thought process behind that is sickening. Pioli?

I know I have horrible spelling LOL Never been good at it

What I'm saying is that we were so bad this year we can't afford to ignore any player that's out there. It's not that we are a QB away. We have a TON of wholes on BOTH sides of the ball. QB is the biggest Problem I agree but I don't see a CLEAR answer to that problem in the draft. I need to look at All options that are out there. And IF IF one stands out far more then a QB that we work out because we do need to work out every QB as well then we draft that player. That's IF they stand out as a better choice. If not I agree draft the QB. But so many are saying draft a QB no matter what at number 1 I don't think we have the luxury of that mindset. If there was a standout QB like Luck this year then no problem he would be the clear choice there's not that stand out guy at QB or any spot. We have to look at all options is what I'm saying. Drafting a QB just to draft a QB at number 1 can be worse then not drafting one at all. Given that you have to give that QB a couple of years to see what he has got most the time. If it's not there and they don't see it don't force it. If you don't see a option that is clearly better then go with QB

nigeriannightmare
12-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Had an alert that Jacksonville fired their GM at 730 central standard time this morning. Why are we so slow to do anything?????

kcvet
12-31-2012, 09:12 AM
during the game yesterday they showed Pioli up in the press box writing something. the announcer said probably his resignation. I hit the floor laffin'. :D

nigeriannightmare
12-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Browns step up to the plate. WTF!

kcvet
12-31-2012, 09:24 AM
on NFL.com Gruden to interview for open coaching jobs

swochief
12-31-2012, 10:23 AM
on NFL.com Gruden to interview for open coaching jobs

Seriously doubt he'd work for current Gm. Rather have his brother Jay at this point.
Although Jon does seem to connect w/ today's qbs from watching his show.

raiderhater79
12-31-2012, 10:26 AM
Seriously doubt he'd work for current Gm. Rather have his brother Jay at this point.
Although Jon does seem to connect w/ today's qbs from watching his show.

No pissed off Gruden face on Sunday :(

mojo
12-31-2012, 10:28 AM
if pioli i will not renew my season tickets,they will not find a good coach that will want to come to chiefs

kcvet
12-31-2012, 10:34 AM
the bolts are the 1 AFCW team he is considering. but Tuner has yet to go. so the poker is still hot. IF Hunt reacts and pink slips Peloi.

MyManHali
12-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Mike Florio said league sources indicate Pioli has not been told whether or not he will be retained, meaning Clark is still on the fence about it. If that is true, I doubt we will see a decision today.

Eydugstr
12-31-2012, 11:49 AM
during the game yesterday they showed Pioli up in the press box writing something. the announcer said probably his resignation. I hit the floor laffin'. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That or he's working on his resume. And he's going to need a lotta white-out to cover up the section about the 2012 season.

chiefnut
12-31-2012, 12:02 PM
I have not read in any of the media where pioli is likely to stay, only thate he is still there "for now". since Clark Hunt personaly fired RC i think pioli may still be on his way out.

nigeriannightmare
12-31-2012, 02:00 PM
5 GMs fired today. Really doesn't look as if pioli is going anywhere.

Ryfo18
12-31-2012, 02:01 PM
Really have no beef with this. Especially with all the other GMs getting canned. It's not like there are an abundance of excellent candidates out there.

The coaching staff is gone, we have the first pick. Hopefully this is the start of something big.

nigeriannightmare
12-31-2012, 02:11 PM
Really have no beef with this. Especially with all the other GMs getting canned. It's not like there are an abundance of excellent candidates out there.

The coaching staff is gone, we have the first pick. Hopefully this is the start of something big.

With the quantity of teams looking for GMs one would think those teams have already eyed te GM they want. We would be really behind the ball.

matthewschiefs
12-31-2012, 02:16 PM
According to Adam Schefter the new head coach will have say on Pioli staying or going. I don't think thats good news for Pioli

nigeriannightmare
12-31-2012, 02:49 PM
According to Adam Schefter the new head coach will have say on Pioli staying or going. I don't think thats good news for Pioli

Huh! We would be way behind. There are five other teams looking as of right now. It's not like they fall from the sky.

Chiefster
12-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Well one outta two I guess.

matthewschiefs
12-31-2012, 03:44 PM
Just watched the interview with Clark and the more I here the more I think that even if Pioli stays he won't have much say in things the new coach instead of reporting to Pioli will report to clark so I don't think even if Pioli stays he will have much of an impact

MyManHali
12-31-2012, 03:54 PM
Just watched the interview with Clark and the more I here the more I think that even if Pioli stays he won't have much say in things the new coach instead of reporting to Pioli will report to clark so I don't think even if Pioli stays he will have much of an impact

This. If Pioli is here next year which I doubt, he won't have much say in anything.

Thank God.

kcvet
12-31-2012, 04:09 PM

good move. that's a demotion. let's see if Pioli takes it or blows town

KristofLaw
01-03-2013, 03:53 AM
I'm sure many of you have seen the interview already, for those who haven't here is a source:

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

Scott Pioli remains on the Kansas City Chiefs payroll, but Chiefs owner Clark Hunt literally and figuratively shoved his general manager to the sidelines this week.

And in doing so, Hunt took steps this week to take greater control over his family's NFL franchise that was founded 50 years ago by his legendary father, Lamar Hunt, who died in 2006.

Many fans want Pioli gone. Hunt said he won't decide on Pioli's future until he selects the new Kansas City Chiefs head coach, which he hopes will be in a matter of days.

But Hunt made clear Monday that it was he, not Pioli, who decided to fire head coach Romeo Crennel after the team ended 2-14 and clinched the first pick in the NFL draft.

"It was my decision, although it was one that Scott agreed with as well," Hunt said.

He also made clear that he, not Pioli, would select Crennel's replacement.

More here - Pioli remains on payroll but Clark Hunt takes reins of power - KCTV5 (http://www.kctv5.com/story/20480591/pioli-remains-on-payroll-but-clark-hunt-takes-reins-of-power-from-gm)