PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Ferentz

nigeriannightmare
12-30-2012, 02:12 PM
A buddy of mine that lives in Iowa city is saying that Kirk ferentz and the OC o'keefe are pioli's front runners if pioli isn't fired. Has anyone heard of this and thoughts???? Ferentz does have NFL experience but o'keefe can stay there as far as i am concerned.

texaschief
12-30-2012, 02:27 PM
He's done nothing at Iowa. Every now and then they are relevant. What about his tenure in Iowa should Chiefs fans point to and get excited about? He's old football. We need some kind of innovation on this team on one side of the football or the other.

Kirk Ferentz SCREAMS mediocrity to me.

Bike
12-30-2012, 02:43 PM
He's done nothing at Iowa. Every now and then they are relevant. What about his tenure in Iowa should Chiefs fans point to and get excited about? He's old football. We need some kind of innovation on this team on one side of the football or the other.

Chris Peterson gets my vote. HC at Boise State. Young, hungry, competent who coaches fundamental football. But probably won't work for Pioli. Not sure anybody will.

nigeriannightmare
12-30-2012, 02:47 PM

True but he does have ties to pioli. No offense I really don't want to go thru another rebuild with a new GM and what we could possibly lose after the season is over, but this should be enough to fire pioli if this is indeed true. He obviously hasn't learned a damn thing and wants someone to just say yes.

MyManHali
12-30-2012, 03:00 PM
If they hired Ferentz we would definitely be the laughingstock of the league.

Hire someone that is established so we can finally get some structure for this franchise.

the fox
12-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Ferentz will bring the team to .500+ on a regular basis. O'Keefe is working for the Dolphins as an offensive control type. UI had the former University of Texas OC this year. Ferentz isn't a bad guy, just not a sexy pick by any means. Will be a very vanilla type team though, as a life long Hawks guy, it is all you get from him.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-30-2012, 06:18 PM
To be honest im from iowa and a hawkeye fan and dont want him here! And i dont want him in KC either!! He sucks!!!!!

Coach
12-30-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't know if we get Ferentz, but I do think there is a strong possibility that we get someone that has never coach in the NFL before. Either a coordinator or a college coach most likely.

whackojacko58
12-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Kyle shannahan head coach let vick run the option offense rg3 runs draft a qb in secound round get most talented player with 1st overall pick

texaschief
12-30-2012, 11:38 PM
You know, if we DO go with Kirk Ferentz, we probably don't have to talk about drafting a QB anymore...

nigeriannightmare
12-30-2012, 11:54 PM
You know, if we DO go with Kirk Ferentz, we probably don't have to talk about drafting a QB anymore...

Winner winner chicken dinner. Mr Stanzi!!'n

swochief
12-31-2012, 02:17 AM

My thoughts exactly. Had them the last time that Ferentz got mentioned for the job. Iowa has done basically nothing much since then either.