PDA

View Full Version : First on the clock kc chiefs!

whackojacko58
12-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Im excited for this off season can not wait to see what happens but we are on the clock

Bike
12-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Im excited for this off season can not wait to see what happens but we are on the clock
Trade down for all the picks we can get.

swochief
12-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Its ticking away on so many things at this moment. Hunt should get brain craps:sAng_scream:during the next few hours and 3 1/2 months.

It really should not that hard tho. May already have things in place , just have to do the house cleaning first.

:chiefs:

Lord-Chiefy
12-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Pick Teo.. trade down. No qb in this draft is worth a top 20 pick.

jap1
12-30-2012, 08:04 PM
After watching Manning torch everyone but Flowers, I wouldnt mind drafting a CB with the #1 pick ... Especially since the QBs have been less than impressive.

ctchiefsfan
12-31-2012, 12:23 AM

I'm inclined to agree. But will there be anyone out there wanting to trade up in this draft class?

swochief
12-31-2012, 02:05 AM
I'm inclined to agree. But will there be anyone out there wanting to trade up in this draft class?

Probably. But don't think they would get full value like in most years. Most likely have to take a little less to get it done.

nigeriannightmare
12-31-2012, 02:27 AM

Tis not the draft for a qb, acquire as many pics as you can.

matthewschiefs
12-31-2012, 02:31 AM
I will get excited for the draft when we get a coach in place.

Eydugstr
12-31-2012, 03:17 AM
I will get excited for the draft when we get a coach in place.

Agreed. When the HC & GM are in place, that's when the draft speculation (and free agency talk) will get really interesting.

honda522
12-31-2012, 12:09 PM
How can you be excited? I'll be excited when they start showing they can be competitive again. I really think they were better off with herm Edwards.

swochief
12-31-2012, 05:09 PM
Agreed. When the HC & GM are in place, that's when the draft speculation (and free agency talk) will get really interesting.

Yeah , i agree. Till that time no one has any idea what will happen.

Just hope they let the fans in on the process. Don't have to give any specific details , just let us know what they are thinking. Not like every team doesn't know what every other team needs anyway.

sportswunderkind
01-01-2013, 03:42 PM
If it isn't a QB, then it's a waste.

brdempsey69
01-01-2013, 04:16 PM
If it isn't a QB, then it's a waste.

With one exception. They work out a reasonable trade for Kirk Cousins.

I know it's about as likely as a blizzard happening in Hawaii, but I'd love to see it happen.

sportswunderkind
01-01-2013, 04:50 PM
With one exception. They work out a reasonable trade for Kirk Cousins.

I know it's about as likely as a blizzard happening in Hawaii, but I'd love to see it happen.

We've seen one game from the kid. I think they should trade back and grab Geno in the mid-teens and then draft two wide outs.

brdempsey69
01-01-2013, 05:15 PM
We've seen one game from the kid. I think they should trade back and grab Geno in the mid-teens and then draft two wide outs.

I saw more than one game from Cousins. He's a starting QB in the NFL waiting for his ship to arrive.

swochief
01-02-2013, 05:33 PM
I saw more than one game from Cousins. He's a starting QB in the NFL waiting for his ship to arrive.

The game i saw Cousins in he did have pretty good command and control of the offense.

But they will have come way down on the asking price cause it too steep.

whackojacko58
01-02-2013, 05:35 PM
No more trading for unproving qbs, it didnt work with cassel why would it work again

N TX Dave
01-02-2013, 05:55 PM
No more trading for unproving qbs, it didnt work with cassel why would it work again

But most on here want to draft unproven, immature and not worth the early pick QB with the first pick what is the difference?

At least we got to see him play a full NFL game plus and he looked good doing it, that is more than we can say about any of the draft picks.

Beside it worked with our best QB in team history Len Dawson.

swochief
01-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Heck trade for Cousins if it doesn't cost an arm and leg , work a trade and draft Wilson , then take the best tall corner they can get , draft a C(bigger need imho) or tackle ,bring in a vet who's football smart(doesnt need to be a winner just savvy) and i'd be happy w/ that.

They can look at FA's for line , don't have to draft them.

N TX Dave
01-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Heck trade for Cousins if it doesn't cost an arm and leg , work a trade and draft Wilson , then take the best tall corner they can get , draft a C(bigger need imho) or tackle ,bring in a vet who's football smart(doesnt need to be a winner just savvy) and i'd be happy w/ that.

They can look at FA's for line , don't have to draft them.

I agree with you 100% in this statement. I read they were wanting 2 first and a mid round pick for Cousins NO WAY! They got him for a 5th last year and he has only played the 1 plus games, I would be okay with a second or later round.

jap1
01-02-2013, 06:21 PM
I find it humorous that people dont want to trade for a QB that is a backup behind a very good QB, claiming that they havent been proven yet because they have only played in one game. Instead go for a rookie. Well, how is a rookie more proven?

There are some very good QBs that started as backups:

Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, and the list goes on.

If you have seen them play QB in the NFL against an NFL caliber defense and have done well, then I think you have to consider them if the team is willing to let them go.

We have to consider people like Kirk Cousins, TJ Yates, Matt Flynn.

The difference between these guys and Cassel, is that Cassel had a lot of critics saying that he wasnt good enough to lead a team. He had a weak arm and was slow in his reads. When you took away the NE talent and the great OC, then his weaknesses became magnified.

Yates played in like 6 games, what weaknesses he has have been identified, and you know what you will be getting.

Lord-Chiefy
01-02-2013, 08:16 PM
You mean like Matt?? Went 11-5 and we got him for a second.. seemed great at the time and it was well worth the risk at a two. Not his fault every year a b ewe offense and crappy recievers and coaches. Remindes me of Sanchez.

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 08:17 PM
I don't see any team no matter how desperate giving 2 firsts for Cousins. I would trade down for picks and give them a mid to late first for him though. Otherwise we might just draft unproven talent and be taking an even bigger risk. I'd say go with the guy with 1 game behind him vs none.

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 08:19 PM
The difference is how many college games did Cassel win vs how many did Cousins win? You can't really compare the 2 IMO.

nigeriannightmare
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM
The difference is how many college games did Cassel win vs how many did Cousins win? You can't really compare the 2 IMO.

I wanna say Matt cassel went 5 years without starting one game. To compare the two is like apples and orange. Cousins had to have two big plays when rg 3 went down. That's clutch if you ask me.

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 09:15 PM
I wanna say Matt cassel went 5 years without starting one game. To compare the two is like apples and orange. Cousins had to have two big plays when rg 3 went down. That's clutch if you ask me.

Exactly!! There was zero film to watch of Cassel aside from fill in duty in college. He was a career backup til we signed him to the big Pioli contract. At least we can see Cousins had a pretty good college career 66 td vs 30 int and a pretty high rating.

N TX Dave
01-02-2013, 09:34 PM
We did have tapes of Cassel playing 15 NFL games when Brady went down in the first quarter and he lead a very talented team to 10 wins had a QB rating of 89.4.

swochief
01-02-2013, 10:24 PM
I find it humorous that people dont want to trade for a QB that is a backup behind a very good QB, claiming that they havent been proven yet because they have only played in one game. Instead go for a rookie. Well, how is a rookie more proven?

There are some very good QBs that started as backups:

Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, and the list goes on.

If you have seen them play QB in the NFL against an NFL caliber defense and have done well, then I think you have to consider them if the team is willing to let them go.

We have to consider people like Kirk Cousins, TJ Yates, Matt Flynn.

That said tho i'm not high on Flynn anymore,didn't beat out a rookie. Will give that said rookie is doing a great job.

The difference between these guys and Cassel, is that Cassel had a lot of critics saying that he wasnt good enough to lead a team. He had a weak arm and was slow in his reads. When you took away the NE talent and the great OC, then his weaknesses became magnified.

Yates played in like 6 games, what weaknesses he has have been identified, and you know what you will be getting.

I get your point on backups.

If Bledsoe didn't get hurt Brady may have been on the bench a couple years , Rodgers was groomed behind Farve and Warner had a few years in Europe league and the AFL to polish his passing skills.

A surprise , a known in GB( i believe they knew what they had) and a probably never should have been all made good. You never know where a good one will come from.

KC should turn over every rock they can , draft or trade or whatever.

KristofLaw
01-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Whatever the case on who we draft or who coaches us I can see already we all aren't going to be in agreement but such is life. :D

swochief
01-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Whatever the case on who we draft or who coaches us I can see already we all aren't going to be in agreement but such is life. :D

Part of the fun of sites like these.

Agreements , disagreements. Points made , counterpoints given.