PDA

View Full Version : Clark's statement this morning

Eydugstr
12-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Here is the Chiefs statement from Clark Hunt, who says he was "embarrassed" by the Chiefs play this season:
"I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Romeo, both personally and professionally," Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said. "He is an accomplished coach, a man of great character and he helped guide our football team through some extremely challenging circumstances this season.

"However, I am embarrassed by the poor product we gave our fans this season, and I believe we have no choice but to move the franchise in a different direction. I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs. The entire football operation will remain under review, and there may be additional changes to come. No final determination has been made at this point on the future of General Manager Scott Pioli.

"Finally, I want to personally apologize to our fans for our performance this season. We are blessed to play for some of the best and most passionate fans in the National Football League and they deserve better than what we gave them this season. I want our fans to know that I will do everything I can to provide them with a dramatically better team - both next season and in the seasons to come - and our entire organization appreciates their support."

Clark Hunt: Romeo Crennel fired; Scott Pioli's future still uncertain - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/12/31/3821404/romeo-crennel-fired-scott-pioli-future-clark-hunt-kansas-city-chiefs)

honda522
12-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Why could he be a voice during the season?

MissingTBone
12-31-2012, 01:11 PM
That statement makes me think Pioli will be fired (maybe wishful thinking) guess only time will tell. I'm glad Clark feels embarrassed, he should this team is pathetic. 26 passing yards against a division rival is sickening! Please Clark look at th big picture and the record Pioli has as your GM then act accordingly!

Bike
12-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Why could he be a voice during the season?
The HC is normally the "voice" during the season. Now that the season is over and the HC is fired, the GM should be the "voice" at this time. The fact that Clark is speaking for the team doesn't bode well for Pioli.

matthewschiefs
12-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Very happy to get this news MUCH needed. And I'm really happy to here Clark be so vocal about just how bad this team is

Hayvern
12-31-2012, 01:19 PM
I think Pioli's firing is based on two things.

1. Who we can get as coach with Pioli at the helm
2. Who we can get at GM that could bring in a coach of the caliber we need.

MyManHali
12-31-2012, 01:22 PM

But anything is a step up from Pioli. Inept coaching staffs, the worst offense/passing attack in the league. Even the CB he drafts are dreadful.

Hire Joe Blow and he could do a better job.

brdempsey69
12-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Here's the key words to Clark's statement:

"I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs."

We'll see how this plays out, but it doesn't look like Pioli is going to be picking the next HC, if Clark is a man of his word.

kcvet
12-31-2012, 01:27 PM
Clark Hunt: Romeo Crennel fired; Scott Pioli's future still uncertain - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/12/31/3821404/romeo-crennel-fired-scott-pioli-future-clark-hunt-kansas-city-chiefs)

CC to Pioli

matthewschiefs
12-31-2012, 01:27 PM
Here's the key words to Clark's statement:

"I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs."

We'll see how this plays out, but it doesn't look like Pioli is going to be picking the next HC, if Clark is a man of his word.

I don't think that's a good sign for Pioli either

kcvet
12-31-2012, 01:29 PM
No final determination has been made at this point on the future of General Manager Scott Pioli.

encouraging

Eydugstr
12-31-2012, 02:07 PM

Agreed. If Clark's statement holds some truth, my guess is that Clark is keeping Pioli around to pick his brain one final time, the same way that Pioli held Herm Edwards around to "evaluate talent". Edwards, despite going 2-14, wasn't canned immediately.

My worry is what if Clark's statement doesn't hold water. Would his idea of a better product be taking the next Pioli/NE expressway HC candidate, and raising parking fees & concession prices? This would be a serious blow to the fanbase, I'd think.

whackojacko58
12-31-2012, 02:11 PM
If pioli is not fired and they hire another cannon fodder head coach the disconnect between us as fans, kc as a city, and the chiefs nation will be to huge to ever rebuild. I believe clark knows this the hunt family sees it. Time to bring in a real leader and i feel clark is done watching others run this franchise i.e. carl and scott. It seems like hes going to roll his sleeves up and start building on what remains of his fathers legacy

Chiefster
12-31-2012, 03:58 PM
If pioli is not fired and they hire another cannon fodder head coach the disconnect between us as fans, kc as a city, and the chiefs nation will be to huge to ever rebuild. I believe clark knows this the hunt family sees it. Time to bring in a real leader and i feel clark is done watching others run this franchise i.e. carl and scott. It seems like hes going to roll his sleeves up and start building on what remains of his fathers legacy

Let us hope this is the case. This season was a huge embarrassment.

kcvet
12-31-2012, 04:01 PM
the GM's and HC's are fallin' like flies today

Chiefster
12-31-2012, 04:02 PM
the GM's and HC's are fallin' like flies today

...As well, I'm sure, they should. KC needs to follow suit.

Seek
12-31-2012, 05:12 PM
I think Pioli is plan B. If he is retained he will be stripped of his duties of General and is now just a manager. I do believe the next HC will have more personnel power and it will be Pioli's job to work out the contracts. Pioli will be paid regardess of him being release so why pay two people to manage the contracts. Now if they hire a HC that does not work well with Piolio. Plan they will hire a different GM.

From what I have heard and this is rumor from a guy who knows a guy who worked for the Chiefs. Pioli uncovered a scandal on the business side of the operations and spent the last two years cleaning house saving the Hunts a lot of money and bad PR.

Most of the talk about people not wanting to work for Pioli are the people he canned as a result of this scandal. They are going to the media with as much information as they can to make Pioli look bad. It is because of this, he is not canned yet.

MyManHali
12-31-2012, 05:15 PM
I think Pioli is plan B. If he is retained he will be stripped of his duties of General and is now just a manager. I do believe the next HC will have more personnel power and it will be Pioli's job to work out the contracts. Pioli will be paid regardess of him being release so why pay two people to manage the contracts. Now if they hire a HC that does not work well with Piolio. Plan they will hire a different GM.

From what I have heard and this is rumor from a guy who knows a guy who worked for the Chiefs. Pioli uncovered a scandal on the business side of the operations and spent the last two years cleaning house saving the Hunts a lot of money and bad PR.

Most of the talk about people not wanting to work for Pioli are the people he canned as a result of this scandal. They are going to the media with as much information as they can to make Pioli look bad. It is because of this, he is not canned yet.

What does this have to do with football? Pioli is a shrewd jerk and everyone knows it.

matthewschiefs
12-31-2012, 05:19 PM
What does this have to do with football? Pioli is a shrewd jerk and everyone knows it.

I don't know if he's a jerk or not I've never met the man so not everyone goes off the opinons of the media who have a clear ax to grind with him as he was not as media friendly as CP was for years. They have a reason to think he's a jerek he made there job harder so I can't trust there opinion 100%

swochief
12-31-2012, 05:30 PM

Finally ! Thank you Mr. Hunt for putting this out there and showing that you see what we see and care about it.

Love how he added possibly more changes to come.

:chiefs3:

kcvet
12-31-2012, 05:51 PM
one on one interview with Hunt and Holthus

link (http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/One-on-One-Clark-Hunt/84faf772-7672-47f7-a135-2637a4f99bcc)

MyManHali
12-31-2012, 06:22 PM
I don't know if he's a jerk or not I've never met the man so not everyone goes off the opinons of the media who have a clear ax to grind with him as he was not as media friendly as CP was for years. They have a reason to think he's a jerek he made there job harder so I can't trust there opinion 100%

The stories about him tapping the phone line and the candy wrapper make me believe that he is. Kent Babb confirmed that he has humiliated employees that worked for the Chiefs. I dont know him either, but from what I hear Pioli just isn't a good guy.

kcvet
12-31-2012, 06:28 PM
I read he runs a tight ship

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000270577/polls_uses4duct_tape_012_3240_431183_answer_3_xlar ge.gif

MissingTBone
12-31-2012, 07:16 PM
So I'm listening to local Tampa radio today and the guys are basically laughing at us because we have kept Puoli (up to this point). Then I think I heard them say if we let Pioli go Cleveland is/was ginna jump on him, and Clark is afraid he will go elsewhere and build another franchise like he did in NE. IMO he is just like everyone else who comes out of NE, a product of Bellichek. I also heard rumors of Rei to San Diego. I hope Clark knows what he's doing in the coaching search. This team cannot afford to bring in the wrong guy again!!

kcvet
12-31-2012, 07:33 PM
So I'm listening to local Tampa radio today and the guys are basically laughing at us because we have kept Puoli (up to this point). Then I think I heard them say if we let Pioli go Cleveland is/was ginna jump on him, and Clark is afraid he will go elsewhere and build another franchise like he did in NE. IMO he is just like everyone else who comes out of NE, a product of Bellichek. I also heard rumors of Rei to San Diego. I hope Clark knows what he's doing in the coaching search. This team cannot afford to bring in the wrong guy again!!

with Turner gone Gruden is going to san diego. where ever Pioli goes his 2-14 resume will follow

Eydugstr
12-31-2012, 07:38 PM
one on one interview with Hunt and Holthus

link (http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/One-on-One-Clark-Hunt/84faf772-7672-47f7-a135-2637a4f99bcc)

Confirms one rumor...The next HC has to report to Clark, not Pioli.

kcvet
12-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Confirms one rumor...The next HC has to report to Clark, not Pioli.

and that's an ego buster for Pioli

MissingTBone
12-31-2012, 07:50 PM
with Turner gone Gruden is going to san diego. where ever Pioli goes his 2-14 resume will follow

I've heard Gruden to Philly. All speculation of course but I heard a couple times already that Reid going to San Diego. All I know is if either of Reid/Gruden go to San Diego we better be ready to elevate out game cuz then well have them twice a year and Manning twice a year.

kcvet
12-31-2012, 08:55 PM
I've heard Gruden to Philly. All speculation of course but I heard a couple times already that Reid going to San Diego. All I know is if either of Reid/Gruden go to San Diego we better be ready to elevate out game cuz then well have them twice a year and Manning twice a year.

well I meant to say Gruden is eyeing a job with the bolts. it was posted on one of the sports media's this morning. but I agree. facing these 2 twice a year makes this a much tuffer division

swochief
12-31-2012, 09:26 PM
well I meant to say Gruden is eyeing a job with the bolts. it was posted on one of the sports media's this morning. but I agree. facing these 2 twice a year makes this a much tuffer division

I thought i heard San Diego wasnt interested in Reid.

With all the coaches out round the league its gonna be a fun 2-3 weeks trying to keep up. Right now its all speculation and nobody knows much.

kcvet
12-31-2012, 09:31 PM
I thought i heard San Diego wasnt interested in Reid.

With all the coaches out round the league its gonna be a fun 2-3 weeks trying to keep up. Right now its all speculation and nobody knows much.

yeah the pots to hot now. gotta let it cool down