PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Murray

nigeriannightmare
01-01-2013, 05:11 PM
I know we have talked about him but the announcer doin his interview after the game asked him point blank about the Chiefs and he avoided answering the question. Anyone heard anything.

fairladyZ
01-01-2013, 05:19 PM
aaron murray looked very sharp today, had some bad throws but stepped up at the end of the game and had a monster day against the #1 pass defense in FBS.

kinda curious now if he declares to come out for the draft he may spark my intrest quite abit.

He's got a good arm, great footwork. wish he was bigger though

the general consensus was that he would return for his senior year and work on a couple fundamentals, but with an exiting audition like that who knows

nigeriannightmare
01-01-2013, 05:23 PM
the general consensus was that he would return for his senior year and work on a couple fundamentals, but with an exiting audition like that who knows

She was trying to get him to declare but he really avoided the question he jus had a huge smile on his face. I only watched the fourth quarter and he looked sharp.

fairladyZ
01-01-2013, 05:30 PM
ya i watched the whole game and i've watched a little bit previously and he's got a very good skilset. Hes real only knock has been in big games he folds under pressure. although this game he made some bad throws early but kept slinging the ball and had a damn good game. His size may be an issue though. he;s only listed at 6'1 and 210lbs

N TX Dave
01-01-2013, 05:30 PM
One Jets writer thought on him Scouting The 2013 NFL Draft: Aaron Murray, Quarterback, Georgia! - Gang Green Nation (http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/1/1/3824660/scouting-the-2013-nfl-draft-aaron-murray-quarterback-georgia)

matthewschiefs
01-01-2013, 05:39 PM
If he comes out I really would like to draft him. He has a 3 to 1 td/int playing in the SEC that's not to bad. And It wasn't his fault they lost in the SEC title game there D really crapped out. If he comes out I really hope they take a real good look at him

nigeriannightmare
01-01-2013, 05:44 PM

If he comes out I really would like to draft him. He has a 3 to 1 td/int playing in the SEC that's not to bad. And It wasn't his fault they lost in the SEC title game there D really crapped out. If he comes out I really hope they take a real good look at him

What??? 420 yards and 5 TDs against the number one pass defense is good. We want a qb that dominates the James Madison's and Kansas Jayhawks of the football world.

texaschief
01-01-2013, 05:53 PM
By the time the draft rolls around, I think we'll be talking about 3 SEC QBs as the top 3 options. I think they're going to hype Bray up so much that we'll all be shocked when he's still available in the 2nd round.

I still think Tyler Wilson is the guy. The only reason he didn't come out last year was because of how deep the QB class was. He and Barkley were the QBs who were pegged to be #1 off the board in 2013. Wilson's 2011 was better than any other QB's 2012. If Petrino didn't pull his B.S. and Wilson duplicated what he did in 2011, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. We'd KNOW we were taking Wilson and we'd be talking about which coach would suit his style of play the best.

swochief
01-01-2013, 06:43 PM
For me its Wilson/Murray at 1 and 1A. Prefer Wilson but take either one.

Seek
01-02-2013, 09:42 AM
I have been on the Murray band Wagon for a while. Many think he will return unless someone puts a word in his ear that he will be drafted in top 10.

He has avoided the question about returning or declaring for months now. Just saying he will see where things are at when the season is over.

Bike
01-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Irrelevant until he declares for the draft.

swochief
01-02-2013, 12:09 PM
His declaring for the draft most likely depends on how high he believes he'll get drafted and what he believes Geogia's chances of winning it all in 2013 are.

Lord-Chiefy
01-02-2013, 01:01 PM
He wont declare. It's the chiefs with no HC and oc and gm.

swochief
01-02-2013, 01:07 PM
He wont declare. It's the chiefs with no HC and oc and gm.

OUCH !

axel05key
08-27-2013, 07:07 AM
No i don't know about this interview. if you know about this interview so please post here whats going on.

Lord-Chiefy
08-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Troll much////

ctchiefsfan
08-27-2013, 03:51 PM
I think he just didn't realize this was a 7 month old post.

Justin5772002
08-28-2013, 04:27 AM
Welcome to the practice squad

matthewschiefs
05-13-2014, 05:04 PM

Just thought I would bump this.

This is how long I've wanted Murray. And why I'm so excited we got him.

ctchiefsfan
05-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Yup. You've been high on him for a while.

Eydugstr
05-14-2014, 08:09 AM
Just thought I would bump this.

This is how long I've wanted Murray. And why I'm so excited we got him.

Congratulations your man got drafted.

nigeriannightmare
05-14-2014, 08:17 PM
My brothers didn't believe me either when I was stroking him 2 years ago. Our QB has arrived! Well in my humble opinion he has.

Lineup Dough
05-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Should be a starter week 4 of next year at the latest, imo

ctchiefsfan
05-17-2014, 12:12 AM
Should be a starter week 4 of next year at the latest, imo

I think you are being rather optimistic. I can't imagine anybody pushing Alex Smith out of the starting position in the 2014 season.

KCMASS
05-19-2014, 11:41 AM
I think he could be another Brodie Croyle too be honest. As all of us know, he have a history of drafting mid-tier QB's that don't plan out. I could be wrong, but 6'1" 210 is a fragile frame for the NFL. We'll see.

ctchiefsfan
05-19-2014, 12:24 PM
You're quite right. He COULD turn into another Brokey Croyle. BUT...lets look at 3 quarterbacks.....

1) Alex Smith.........6' 4".....217 lbs.

2) Brokey Croyle.....6' 2".....251 lbs

3) Aaron Murray......6' 1".....210 lbs

Looking at those numbers, it's evident that the "bulkiest" of the 3 was Brokey Croyle. Murray is 7 lbs lighter than Smith and 3" shorter. So Murray is "bulkier" than Alex Smith. And I'm sure you will agree that Alex Smith (who in reality is a string bean by NFL standards) is a fairly durable quarterback.

This shows fairly clearly that the "bulkiness" of a quarterback's frame does not dictate how durable he is going to be.

Yes.....Aaron Murray COULD be another Brokey Croyle. Or he COULD be another Alex Smith. Or anywhere in between. But IMO any draft pick after round 3 is an absolute crap-shoot. And I don't think Murray is a bad bet. There is much more to a quarterback's ability to stay healthy than just the size of his frame. How good is the O-line? How much time does a quarterback get before he is under pressure? How good is his situational awareness? Does he "sense" pressure and know to take off with the ball and finish out the run by sliding?

YUP! He COULD be another Brokey Croyle. He could also turn into a great quarterback. Only time will tell.

Seek
05-19-2014, 12:56 PM
No way Croyle is 251. I know that is what wilki says, but NFL stats have him at 206. I think he was closer to 196 when the Chiefs drafted him. Croyle had a history of getting hurt. Murray didn't really have that history other than his knee.

Seek
05-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Actually Croyle was listed at 205 pre draft, not 196 but he still had a very small frame that would not be able to hold a lot of bulk.

Murray has more bulk on him than Trent Green.Trent was 6'3 and 208.

ctchiefsfan
05-19-2014, 02:20 PM
No way Croyle is 251. I know that is what wilki says, but NFL stats have him at 206. I think he was closer to 196 when the Chiefs drafted him. Croyle had a history of getting hurt. Murray didn't really have that history other than his knee.

Thank you for correcting me. Annoying when Wiki is FOS. But it doesn't really change the point I was trying to make. Alex Smith still weighs less per inch of height than either Croyle or Murray. There are just a ton of other factors that go into a quarterback's durability than how big and strong he is. So IMO suggesting that Murray will be another Croyle just because of his size is bad logic.

I'm not saying Murray is going to turn into that "home-grown" quarterback we've never been able to get and develop, just that there is nothing in his size or history that says he has any less chance of being successful than Alex Smith or for that matter Len Dawson or Joe Montana.

The NFL history is littered with 1st round quarterback picks that turned into busts. And there are plenty of 3rd or later round picks that turned into stars....Roger Staubach--10th round......Joe Montana--3rd round.....Tom Brady--6th round # 199 overall.

There are just so many factors that go into how a quarterback does in the NFL. Not the least of which (as brdempsey pointed out) is if the Head Coach and quarterbacks coach knows how to develop a quarterback.

Aaron Murray is no "sure thing". But he's certainly not a "sure bust".

Seek
05-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Thank you for correcting me. Annoying when Wiki is FOS. But it doesn't really change the point I was trying to make. Alex Smith still weighs less per inch of height than either Croyle or Murray. There are just a ton of other factors that go into a quarterback's durability than how big and strong he is. So IMO suggesting that Murray will be another Croyle just because of his size is bad logic.

I'm not saying Murray is going to turn into that "home-grown" quarterback we've never been able to get and develop, just that there is nothing in his size or history that says he has any less chance of being successful than Alex Smith or for that matter Len Dawson or Joe Montana.

The NFL history is littered with 1st round quarterback picks that turned into busts. And there are plenty of 3rd or later round picks that turned into stars....Roger Staubach--10th round......Joe Montana--3rd round.....Tom Brady--6th round # 199 overall.

There are just so many factors that go into how a quarterback does in the NFL. Not the least of which (as brdempsey pointed out) is if the Head Coach and quarterbacks coach knows how to develop a quarterback.

Aaron Murray is no "sure thing". But he's certainly not a "sure bust".

I understand. I just saw the 251 and about fell out of my chair in disbelief.

ctchiefsfan
05-19-2014, 05:35 PM
Thanks. I don't make ship up. I try to find some sort of source and Wiki is often handy.