PDA

View Full Version : Andy Reid

Pages : [1] 2

whackojacko58
01-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Just confirmed andy will interview in kc today then fly to arizona to interview there

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 10:39 AM
I would be good with Reid.

Bike
01-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Reid screwed phili's so-called dream team into the ground. What makes anyone think he won't do the same here? A big NO THANKS.

whackojacko58
01-02-2013, 10:51 AM
I dont think it was reid i think it was the gm and that they had no vision on what they wanted on d.

reded
01-02-2013, 10:53 AM
For some reason this doesn't interest me.

nigeriannightmare
01-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Reid screwed phili's so-called dream team into the ground. What makes anyone think he won't do the same here? A big NO THANKS.

Number one people get stale. Number 2. Six NFC east titles, 5 NFC championships and a Super Bowl appearance. Pretty successful IMO and he's all about offense.

Bike
01-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Number one people get stale. Number 2. Six NFC east titles, 5 NFC championships and a Super Bowl appearance. Pretty successful IMO and he's all about offense.
Do we really want to bring in previously fired head coaches to be a head coach here? I think it would be a mistake. JMHO.

Sick Dog
01-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Well then I guess you would be missing out on a lot of good coaches that are available...and then you would be grabbing some OC or DC or college coach.

70 chiefsfan70
01-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Hmmm Makes me wonder if he is there to talk HC or can I say it...GM.

Just a thought. He should deffinately be a option, but still think there should be a young offense minded fireball in college somewhere that we may have not thought about.

As for GM, I rather have him there.

Bike
01-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Hmmm Makes me wonder if he is there to talk HC or can I say it...GM.

Just a thought. He should deffinately be a option, but still think there should be a young offense minded fireball in college somewhere that we may have not thought about.

As for GM, I rather have him there.
I dunno. He made their offensive line coach their defensive coordinator last year. Huh? That move (predictably) didn't work out too well for them.

Chiefster
01-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Actually ESPN reports that Reid interviewed with the Chiefs in Philadelphia.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8802581/andy-reid-talk-kansas-city-chiefs-arizona-cardinals-sources

swochief
01-02-2013, 11:59 AM
That was a stupid move. Philly hasn't been the same since Johnson was DC. He kept them in alot of games.

Biggest issue i got with Reid is his O-lines were never very good. They had a great 4-5 year run but the offense seemed herky jerky. Too dependant on RBs and McNabb makin moves in the back field.

Still tho I guess they could do alot worse. If its strictly as HC.

Chiefster
01-02-2013, 12:02 PM
That was a stupid move. Philly hasn't been the same since Johnson was DC. He kept them in alot of games.

Biggest issue i got with Reid is his O-lines were never very good. They had a great 4-5 year run but the offense seemed herky jerky. Too dependant on RBs and McNabb makin moves in the back field.

Still tho I guess they could do alot worse. If its strictly as HC.

Agreed, I'm not real big on Reid.

Bike
01-02-2013, 12:06 PM
There are reports out there that Reid will be the next HC of the Arizona Cardinals.

whackojacko58
01-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Do we really want to bring in previously fired head coaches to be a head coach here? I think it would be a mistake. JMHO.

So you wouldnt take shannahan gruden or marty?

Bike
01-02-2013, 12:21 PM
So you wouldnt take shannahan gruden or marty?
No I wouldn't.

LargoChief
01-02-2013, 12:44 PM
I'll take Reid!! How many times has he been in the post season? A ****load more than us!!

swochief
01-02-2013, 01:04 PM
There are reports out there that Reid will be the next HC of the Arizona Cardinals.

Saw those too. Says he is interseted in them too if i remember right.
If Hunt wants him they are the main competitor for his services.

70 chiefsfan70
01-02-2013, 01:29 PM
I dunno. He made their offensive line coach their defensive coordinator last year. Huh? That move (predictably) didn't work out too well for them.

Didn't know that......Sounds like something Pioli would do, of course with pioli, they would have been fired from the Browns, then they would be first in line.

nigeriannightmare
01-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Saw those too. Says he is interseted in them too if i remember right.
If Hunt wants him they are the main competitor for his services.

And the bears! I wouldn't hate it but lookin at him health had to be an issue.

matthewschiefs
01-02-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm not really that big of a fan of Reid but I would take him before Lovie Smith

KCCF
01-02-2013, 03:43 PM
No I wouldn't.

You really wouldn't take either of those 3 as our coach?... Don't know very much about this game huh?

Bike
01-02-2013, 03:51 PM
You really wouldn't take either of those 3 as our coach?... Don't know very much about this game huh?
I guess not. Or 32 other NFL GM's either.

texaschief
01-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Bringing in Reid would probably make us transition back to a 4-3.

nigeriannightmare
01-02-2013, 04:21 PM

I agree he did make mistakes at the end. If Clark wants someone with experience the pool is shallow. I would want a young energetic coach that's innovative offensively, with that said though he's dipped into the pool of non successful coach's and rookie coaches. Oh well at least he's interviewing candidates that have credentials. We have already interviewed Koeter and Reid correct? That's good to see.

swochief
01-02-2013, 05:12 PM
I agree he did make mistakes at the end. If Clark wants someone with experience the pool is shallow. I would want a young energetic coach that's innovative offensively, with that said though he's dipped into the pool of non successful coach's and rookie coaches. Oh well at least he's interviewing candidates that have credentials. We have already interviewed Koeter and Reid correct? That's good to see.

Agree w/ every thing you said. Just read on another post where someone mentioned McCoy. I like that idea.

He did design an offense that worked for Tebow. And you know Manning is calling alot of the shots in Denver , it looks some what like the offense he ran in Indy. Peyton had and has all kinds of options and full freedom to audible any time.

You know McCoy has got to be picking his brain. Which would be another plus for him.

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 05:34 PM
I would say Reid's record SHOULD speak for itself. At the end of his tenure at Philly he was given lots of individuals that could not mesh together to make the "dream team" I think we've all seen this approach fail for multiple times. And his older offenses in Philly were built around McNabb and RB. You don't think he can change things to adapt to different skill players? He was also cursed with having Vick on his roster his is NOT a good qb and not much of a team player IMO. I would be happy to have him AND his mustache coaching us. Maybe just me, but dude knows how to win playoff games. Hasn't win the SB but had his team in the hunt most of the time.

swochief
01-02-2013, 05:55 PM
I would say Reid's record SHOULD speak for itself. At the end of his tenure at Philly he was given lots of individuals that could not mesh together to make the "dream team" I think we've all seen this approach fail for multiple times. And his older offenses in Philly were built around McNabb and RB. You don't think he can change things to adapt to different skill players? He was also cursed with having Vick on his roster his is NOT a good qb and not much of a team player IMO. I would be happy to have him AND his mustache coaching us. Maybe just me, but dude knows how to win playoff games. Hasn't win the SB but had his team in the hunt most of the time.

I'm not against Reid , just have some ?'s. That "dream team" , was he in on it or stuck w/ it ? That approach fails way more often than it succeeds , especially in foorball.

And Vick. Did he want him or just stuck w/ him ? Vick is nothing more than a ME FIRST spectical , all ways was. But at least he is not his brother.

If they do get him they need to make real sure they get someone to handle the defense cause he has looked lost there w/o Johnson.

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 06:14 PM
I agree, whoever we get we need strong coordinators. We haven't had those in years.

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 06:18 PM
And good point, we don't know who he wanted and who was forced upon him. Doubt he comes here anyway. Whoever we pick I hope we don't wait too long. I remember when we took Haley we had to wait til after the SB, and most of the good coordinators etc were already scooped up by other teams.

swochief
01-02-2013, 06:23 PM
I agree, whoever we get we need strong coordinators. We haven't had those in years.

That, MissingTBone, is a great statement.

Everything else will rise or fall w/ those choices.

All you have to do is look at the daboll choice this year.

jap1
01-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Pros:

Winning record, especially in the playoffs.
Can win with QBs that are less than elite (when was the last time Philly had an elite QB?).
Is offensive minded and knows how to use speed backs to open up the passing game (i.e. Charles).
Is experienced and has been around the league long enough and is well liked, so he could probably attract strong coordinators and positional coaches.
Offensively minded, which IMO where we had the least amount of direction.

Cons:

Philly seemed to have no direction the last few years (GMs fault or Reids?).
At times Philly seemed to lack discipline.
Age - how much longer will he coach? I want someone here that is going to build a dynasty.

Question marks:

Defense. He didnt seem to be dedicated to one defensive scheme, so maybe he wont switch to a 4-3 (I dont want us to switch). But when he didnt have a strong coordinator, they seemed to fall apart defensively. Maybe he would want to keep our current defensive staff (i.e. Gibbs as DC).

swochief
01-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Gibbs did make the D better , but , I'd rather he go back to linebaker coach.

And if he's too much of a players coach , based on your comment about lacking dicipline jap1 and i feel the same about them , both CO need to be diciplinarians no question about it.

fairladyZ
01-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Fox sports affiliates in Philly are reporting reid could be hired by MIDNIGHT by the chiefs

DMN
01-02-2013, 10:48 PM

Though "years" is a subjective term... if you mean 2 then yes. But what Weiss accomplished in 2010 with this offense which arguably had less "weapons" with bigger holes (especially o-line) was pretty great.

The same QB we all want run out of town went to the pro bowl... pretty amazing what coaching can accomplish.

swochief
01-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Fox sports affiliates in Philly are reporting reid could be hired by MIDNIGHT by the chiefs

Wow that would be fast.
If so i hope he can bring in one of the hot OC's or position coaches for the offense AND leaves vick way way behind.

Like i read here somewhere age is a consideration so the OC is important to work with and possibly take over.

fairladyZ
01-02-2013, 10:50 PM
also reports now that reid never made it to arizona and has informed them that he will no longer be interviewing for their job

DMN
01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
also reports now that reid never made it to arizona and has informed them that he will no longer be interviewing for their job

link?

germaine93
01-02-2013, 11:02 PM
where are you getting this info?

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 11:06 PM
This could be very good if it's true!! Where are you reading this?

nigeriannightmare
01-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Sabweet. If this is true and a 9 hour interview, to me means they were talking more than football they were talking numbers just like they did with Winston. Hey I'm not unhappy about this situation Andy Reid is a damn good football coach. Yeah he had three bad seasons out of 14 we can't get a coach to have consecutive good seasons much less 11 out of 14. If this is true I'm kind of excited.

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Andy Reid Reportedly Met with Kansas City Chiefs for over Nine Hours Wednesday | Bleacher Report (http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1466565-andy-reid-reportedly-met-with-kansas-city-chiefs-for-nearly-nine-hours-wednesday)

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Sabweet. If this is true and a 9 hour interview, to me means they were talking more than football they were talking numbers just like they did with Winston. Hey I'm not unhappy about this situation Andy Reid is a damn good football coach. Yeah he had three bad seasons out of 14 we can't get a coach to have consecutive good seasons much less 11 out of 14. If this is true I'm kind of excited.

And just read an article saying he has already been assembling coaches for wherever he ends up. Fingers crossed!!

fairladyZ
01-02-2013, 11:13 PM
no links just reposting some people on another forum that are getting emails from their sources. take it with a grain of salt

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 11:15 PM
I posted the link I found saying he cancelled his trip to Az

fairladyZ
01-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Andy Reid Interviews With Kansas City Chiefs - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29 (http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/20488219/reid-gets-interview-with-kansas-city-chief-heading-to-arizona-for-cardinals-interview)

matthewschiefs
01-02-2013, 11:21 PM
based on what I'm seeing it seems reid might be the guy

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 11:22 PM
According to Fox 29 and Howard Eskin, We’ve heard from our source that the Chiefs, armed with 7 representatives in total, pigeon-holed Andy Reid and his agent for nearly 9 hours based on their 6pm news report. They met at Atlantic Aviation, which is a private airport in Philly. Eskin, a well regarded sports reporter in Philadelphia, has reported that Andy Reid did not make the trip to Arizona and that contract talks are heating up. They speculated on a teaser for the 10pm EST show that Reid could have a deal in place around midnight tonight. Again, this report is from Fox 29 and Howard Eskin.

Just found this online too.

nigeriannightmare
01-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Happy happy happy. If this is true. I was also thinking this is a good fan base look at the ****e we have been thru and we are still the best tailgate in the nfl. We have potentially 7 pro bowlers, we are a small market team he won't have to wow in the press conferences he just gets to coach a young talented football team and build off of Jamaal Charles. Could be a match made in heaven. Leave the D alone is my only advice add ILB and a CB.

You can hate me guys all you want. We get Reid we get Vick and I'm not mad about that either.

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Yes to Reid NO to Vick! Why anyone still wants him I'll never know. Did you watch him play this year??

matthewschiefs
01-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Not to be a downer here but ESPN is saying Reid is in Airzona

Andy Reid talks to Kansas City Chiefs before Arizona Cardinals -- sources - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8802581/andy-reid-talks-kansas-city-chiefs-arizona-cardinals-sources)

"Before arriving in Arizona on Wednesday night for his interview with the Cardinals, former Eagles coach Andy Reid first interviewed on Wednesday in Philadelphia with Kansas City Chiefs officials, according to league sources."

nigeriannightmare
01-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Yes to Reid NO to Vick! Why anyone still wants him I'll never know. Did you watch him play this year??

Yeah and I listened to John gruden call that OL the worst in the NFL on Monday night. Give him an OL and see what happens. They got Nico Foles hurt too for Christs sake.

fairladyZ
01-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN
Just got a text from Andy Reid, said Chiefs interview went well, was very long. Cards interview might be pushed back to Friday now.
Retweeted by Arrowhead Pride
Expand

fairladyZ
01-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Howard Eskin is on the local sports radio here giving another update. (from a person in philly)

He purposely missed his flight to AZ because the meeting with KC went so well. He's not sure yet if he will be going to Arizona.

He likes KC, he's thinking about it. Andy Reid told him SD is still in the mix.

Howard Eskin said his gut feeling from talking to Andy Reid is that Arizona's chances are fading and it is probably between SD and KC right now.

more:

Andy Reid really likes the ownership in KC. Respects the Hunt family.

Howard Eskin asked Andy Reid what he will do at QB if he goes to KC. Andy Reid told him "We gotta find a QB." Eskin said "Well, that isn't an easy thing to do." Andy Reid said "Well, they have the first pick."

KristofLaw
01-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Hmmm, Interesting news, thanks for the links.

I've always liked strongly first off Johnson back when he coached the Eagles defense and secondly McNabb who had always been underestimated as an elite quarterback in his days with the Eagles. Thirdly I have also thought highly of Reid but perhaps his success was due more to the prowess of Johnson and McNabb,,, scary thought if we do sign him to our team.

I'm edgy about whomever we pick up as coach this year. I just hope we get the best.

Justin5772002
01-03-2013, 02:48 AM
I like Reid think we can go far with his expierences. Plus having an established head coach will keep hot headed players off their high horse and might help with bargaining with our free agents to stay for a little less than they might have for before. Maybe helping our salary cap problem...

jap1
01-03-2013, 03:24 AM
Just read this article about Reid and Arizona. An interesting take on Reid, though, especially since we are in a very similar situation as the Cardinals (no QB, history of poor performance).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/02/paolantonio-flabbergasted-by-arizonas-interest-in-reid/

Guru
01-03-2013, 04:46 AM
Howard Eskin is on the local sports radio here giving another update. (from a person in philly)

He purposely missed his flight to AZ because the meeting with KC went so well. He's not sure yet if he will be going to Arizona.

He likes KC, he's thinking about it. Andy Reid told him SD is still in the mix.

Howard Eskin said his gut feeling from talking to Andy Reid is that Arizona's chances are fading and it is probably between SD and KC right now.

more:

Andy Reid really likes the ownership in KC. Respects the Hunt family.

Howard Eskin asked Andy Reid what he will do at QB if he goes to KC. Andy Reid told him "We gotta find a QB." Eskin said "Well, that isn't an easy thing to do." Andy Reid said "Well, they have the first pick."

heh.

Bike
01-03-2013, 06:42 AM
Well - Did Reid fly back to KC in Hunt's plane or not? The fact that we haven't heard something by now tells me that the hire didn't go through.

chiefnut
01-03-2013, 08:22 AM
arrowhead pride reported that reids interview lasted 9 hrs

KCraised
01-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Agreed, I'm not real big on Reid.

Put me down for the "no thanks" vote. Up for someone younger and hungry.

whackojacko58
01-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Reid interview for 9 hours wouldnt be surprised to hear good news from him after he visits arizona today

Seek
01-03-2013, 09:18 AM
He did not make the trip to Arizona yesterday His interview did last 9 hours with 7 officers of the Chiefs. Clark Hunt, Mark Donovan, 4 other Chiefs personal and Mr. Pioli...

Three7s
01-03-2013, 09:26 AM
heh.
Funny, ChiefsCrowd told me that Manti Te'o should be the #1 pick.

Lord-Chiefy
01-03-2013, 10:31 AM
ESPN Radio just reported that Andy Reid did not make the flight to Arizona for whatever reason after the interview

marloweopatchiefs
01-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Andy Reid to Chiefs rumors: 'I'm going to be surprised if he is not the next Chiefs coach' - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1/3/3831482/andy-reid-to-chiefs-rumors-espn-chris-mortensen/in/3586169)

Andy Reid to the Chiefs would mean what for GM Scott Pioli? - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1/3/3831184/andy-reid-to-chiefs-scott-pioli-future-kansas-city)

also says that if reid is hired gm scott pioli will be fired most likely

Ryfo18
01-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Just saw a tweet from Chris Mortensen that both he and Adam Schefter have a source that says the Chiefs are on the verge of a deal with Andy Reid.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/286856139977654272

Nice to see an offensive mind in there that has developed some QBs before. Can't really complain. I just hope he can take control of that locker room. IMO it seems like there is a real lack of leadership.

Seek
01-03-2013, 11:01 AM
KMBZ is reporting the same.

MissingTBone
01-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Agreed, I think we have some good talent at certain positions but not enough to make a playoff run yet. With the right coaching in place as well as our high picks and thru FA we can have a good team. Prob not right away though. Now he needs a very STRONG DC, if we get him.

70 chiefsfan70
01-03-2013, 11:07 AM
ESPN Radio just reported that Andy Reid did not make the flight to Arizona for whatever reason after the interview

Lots of rumors are saying he about to sign with the chiefs..............hmmm

I think it may be true. I would be ok with this. He does have a very good record.

marloweopatchiefs
01-03-2013, 11:10 AM
They are saying on espn that pioli will more then likely be fired.

70 chiefsfan70
01-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Agreed, I think we have some good talent at certain positions but not enough to make a playoff run yet. With the right coaching in place as well as our high picks and thru FA we can have a good team. Prob not right away though. Now he needs a very STRONG DC, if we get him.

Add a corner and some depth andwe have a very strong D and like you said, we need a very strong DC.

kcvet
01-03-2013, 11:21 AM
They are saying on espn that pioli will more then likely be fired.

Reid should insist on it

kcvet
01-03-2013, 11:23 AM
great news. now get rid of Pioli !!!!

KristofLaw
01-03-2013, 11:30 AM
That he does... get another quarterback and develop him into something top notch. Bring in some good coordinators and get this team to make some moves like we're supposed too... we'll see, very exciting but kinda scary at the same time. I don't want us to mess this hiring up again, we need a coach that's gonna get our players playing like Chiefs!

KristofLaw
01-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Just saw a tweet from Chris Mortensen that both he and Adam Schefter have a source that says the Chiefs are on the verge of a deal with Andy Reid.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/286856139977654272

Nice to see an offensive mind in there that has developed some QBs before. Can't really complain. I just hope he can take control of that locker room. IMO it seems like there is a real lack of leadership.

Which is crazy with all the team captains which were selected over the past couple seasons.

70 chiefsfan70
01-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Reid should insist on it

Reid is a proven veteran and I don't think he would come here and work under Pioli!

kcvet
01-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Reid is a proven veteran and I don't think he would come here and work under Pioli!

if he signs this could really get interesting

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Shortly after Reid was fired in Philly I read some comments from Vick about Reid and they were all very positive. My thoughts then were that Reid would make a good choice for us.

I'm far from confident that he is the best possible HC choice out there, but I think he may well be the best possible coach out there who is willing to come to KC. I think Reid would be a great choice.

70 chiefsfan70
01-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Which is crazy with all the team captains which were selected over the past couple seasons.

Interesting that you say that. I've scratched my head and warped my brains trying to figure this one out. The only thing I've come up with is that all these young leaders and talent is and are being intimidated by the older guys, say like Flowers, DJ, Hali, Albert, Dorsey etc. These are big name athletes and could be hard to take the lead for the youger guys.

These younger guys do not show the enthusiasm and emotions that they showed in college, This is due do coaching, they need to know its ok to take the reins and lead.

JMHO

70 chiefsfan70
01-03-2013, 11:54 AM
[quote=70 chiefsfan70;275765]Interesting that you say that. I've scratched my head and warped my brains trying to figure this one out. The only thing I've come up with is that all these young leaders and talent is and are being intimidated by the older guys, say like Flowers, DJ, Hali, Albert, Dorsey etc. These are big name athletes and could be hard to take the lead for the youger guys.

These younger guys do not show the enthusiasm and emotions that they showed in college, This is due do coaching, they need to know its ok to take the reins and lead.

The Right coaching would change that. This team is not that bad.

JMHO

I just screwed this up some how............

kcvet
01-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Shortly after Reid was fired in Philly I read some comments from Vick about Reid and they were all very positive. My thoughts then were that Reid would make a good choice for us.

I'm far from confident that he is the best possible HC choice out there, but I think he may well be the best possible coach out there who is willing to come to KC. I think Reid would be a great choice.

he's also O minded. a hugh plus and PO and SB experience.

BTY just saw Tod Haley going to AZ for HC interview huh??

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2013, 12:11 PM
You can hate me guys all you want. We get Reid we get Vick and I'm not mad about that either.

That may well be true. I read somewhere an interview with Vick after Reid was fired. He seemed very loyal to Reid (maybe just trying to make sure he keeps a job somewhere?)

I don't like Vick....don't like anybody who fights dogs. That said, he served his time.

And the truth is we are going to need a QB and I am far from confident that any of the QBs in this year's draft are the kind that can step right in as a starter. So if Reid comes to KC I guess I could live with having Vick on the roster for a while. After all...there are worse fates....like keeping Cassel and Pioli.

nigeriannightmare
01-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Put me down for the "no thanks" vote. Up for someone younger and hungry.

Clark said he wanted someone that has had success and building a program Andy Reid has had success. Getting a young coach wasn't in the cards this time around.

whackojacko58
01-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Reid will build this offense, with jc at rb reid will groom a qb and this means id be surprised if bowe left. Bring in a d minded guy so reid sticks to the offense whos avaliable for d cordinator that will keep us in the 3/4

marloweopatchiefs
01-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Andy Reid tells Chiefs he and Tom Heckert a package deal - NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121552/article/andy-reid-tells-chiefs-he-and-tom-heckert-a-package-deal)

MyManHali
01-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Great hire by Clark, we all know if it was Pioli we would of hired someone from NE or Atlanta.

Clark Hunt you did a great job, I am satisfied. You took it upon yourself to find THE coach and you did it. Now all we need for you to do is fire Scott Pioli, which will happen sometime in the next month, after we get our new GM to accommodate Reed.

MyManHali
01-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Funny, ChiefsCrowd told me that Manti Te'o should be the #1 pick.

:lightbulb:

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2013, 12:21 PM
I'd have no problems with that.

KristofLaw
01-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Yeah I was just reading this on a Cleveland area newspaper. Things seem to be in motion for something to take place sooner or later. The report I read said he wouldn't be part of a deal if Reid were to go to the Cardinals, I don't know where the truth lies in that, just passing it along.

70 chiefsfan70
01-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Wow!

I'm not into Tom Heckert too much.............but on the bright side, we would not be seeing Pioli around.

whackojacko58
01-03-2013, 12:27 PM
I like this also read reid would want childress and shurmur on his offensive coaching staff. Alot of offensive minds that is great. As long as thry dont touch the defense let a 3/4 defensive mind run that side

jason1981
01-03-2013, 12:29 PM
That is so false. They are not a packaged deal. On 610 the only reporter that was there during the interviews in philly talked to reid after and said hes fine or good with pioli. And said he was very impressed with the chiefs brass and hunt. Donavan, pioli, hunt and some pr people were there from the chiefs. Its not a packaged deal. Though i wouldnt mind if it was but its a false statement.

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Interesting that you say that. I've scratched my head and warped my brains trying to figure this one out. The only thing I've come up with is that all these young leaders and talent is and are being intimidated by the older guys, say like Flowers, DJ, Hali, Albert, Dorsey etc. These are big name athletes and could be hard to take the lead for the youger guys.

The Right coaching would change that. This team is not that bad.

JMHO

I just screwed this up some how............

Fixed it for you.....

jason1981
01-03-2013, 12:40 PM
The reporter did mention reid and heckert share the same manager and that the manager might try to push the package but reid wouldnt push for it. So if true its the agent trying get heckert a job. Reid made it clear he was ok with pioli. Remeber piolis role has been reduced so i think he would only be in charge of the contracts. Pioli is good with signing players to friendly deals and i think thats why clark wants him to stay and the fact of his extension and buyout.

Lord-Chiefy
01-03-2013, 12:43 PM
This sucks looks like we're working out a deal for read as we speak I really don't like this move

MyManHali
01-03-2013, 12:44 PM
This sucks looks like we're working out a deal for read as we speak I really don't like this move

I was elated when I heard we were signing Reed, but Tom Heckert?

Meh.

Lord-Chiefy
01-03-2013, 12:45 PM
I really don't like the fact that we did not even interview anybody else to see who else we can get in here we jump in the first ship

nigeriannightmare
01-03-2013, 12:48 PM
I was elated when I heard we were signing Reed, but Tom Heckert?

Meh.

The two share the same agent so i dont think its a demand from reid and i also heard that Reid is fine with pioli sooo........

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2013, 12:50 PM
I really don't like the fact that we did not even interview anybody else to see who else we can get in here we jump in the first ship

May also be that of the candidates available Reid was Hunt's first choice from the git-go. We all need to keep in mind that Hunt's choices may be limited. A lot of the "Big Name" coaching candidates may simply have no interest in coming to KC. Small market, team in disarray. I suspect Hunt has talked to some of the big name prospects and been told "No thanks".

Lord-Chiefy
01-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Well it's a done deal ESPN just reported they're doing the paperwork now and he's bringing his assistance with them

kcvet
01-03-2013, 01:05 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/01/02/reid-chiefs-4_3_r560.jpg

Andy Reid has told the Kansas City Chiefs that he's a package deal with former Cleveland Browns general manager Tom Heckert, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported, citing a source with knowledge of Reid's pitch.

If Reid is hired and brings along Heckert as he hopes, it would almost certainly mean the end of current GM Scott Pioli's tenure with the Chiefs.

Reid and Heckert previously worked together with the Philadelphia Eagles.

source (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121552/article/andy-reid-tells-chiefs-he-and-tom-heckert-a-package-deal)

IMO DEAL !!!

nigeriannightmare
01-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Look folks since 1999. Andy Reid has 130 wins and 9 playoff appearance, 6 NFC east titles, 5 NFC championships. The Chiefs have 98 wins 2 afc west titles and 3 playoff appearances. Oh yeah and we have gone through 5 coaches.

PhillyChief
01-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Reid was Philly's Schottenheimer, always delivering a good team but not a great one. Without Jim Johnson as DC, Eagles flopped.

I hope he goes to Arizona.

marloweopatchiefs
01-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Jason La Canfora tweets: Reid will not be traveling to San Diego or Arizona. Issues of staff and structure were hashed out today. - Jan 03 -286894328377405440 (http://tweetwood.com/JasonLaCanfora/tweet/286894328377405440)

nfl.com was saying he was...so it's apparent a deal is in place...fingers crossed

brdempsey69
01-03-2013, 01:12 PM
I suspect that Hunt realizes that if he wants Reid, that he'll have grant Reid's wish of Heckert being GM, because if he doesn't, AZ or SD will.

Either way, Pioli must go.

Seek
01-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Jason La Canfora tweets: Reid will not be traveling to San Diego or Arizona. Issues of staff and structure were hashed out today. - Jan 03 -286894328377405440 (http://tweetwood.com/JasonLaCanfora/tweet/286894328377405440)

nfl.com was saying he was...so it's apparent a deal is in place...fingers crossed

Local radio is saying that all personnel and terms have been agreed to. It is just a matter of legality and could be done by end of day.

Miller
01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
I suspect that Hunt realizes that if he wants Reid, that he'll have grant Reid's wish of Heckert being GM, because if he doesn't, AZ or SD will.

Either way, Pioli must go.

Boom!

marloweopatchiefs
01-03-2013, 01:22 PM
id be ok with this. pioli would be gone

nigeriannightmare
01-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Reid was Philly's Schottenheimer, always delivering a good team but not a great one. Without Jim Johnson as DC, Eagles flopped.

I hope he goes to Arizona.

Marty got us one afc championship not 5 and we haven't been to the Super Bowl in 40 plus years.

kcvet
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Hunt don't fail us now !!!!!!

mejohnm
01-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Hunt don't fail us now !!!!!!

Well, from NFL.com, it looks like Reid is our coach.

mejohnm
01-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Well, from NFL.com, it looks like Reid is our coach.

brdempsey69
01-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Ian Rapoport reports that Reids staff is cancelling talks with AZ and SD at NFL.com.

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Pioli is good with signing players to friendly deals and i think thats why clark wants him to stay and the fact of his extension and buyout.

Is he really? Doesn't seem to me like he has done a great job with keeping our free agents, though he does seem to have done a decent job bagging some outside free agents.

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Maybe we'll get some good news by the end of the day.

kcvet
01-03-2013, 02:01 PM
so Pioli is expendable. great news. I don't need the antacid right now:D

kcvet
01-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Maybe we'll get some good news by the end of the day.

sounds like to me we just got it

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2013, 02:05 PM
sounds like to me we just got it

I can't get too excited until it is announced. Too many disappointments in the last few years.

kcvet
01-03-2013, 02:08 PM
I can't get too excited until it is announced. Too many disappointments in the last few years.

I hear ya. but my Ouija board says he's a Chief

matthewschiefs
01-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Looks like Reid is the guy I think that by the end of next week Pioli will be finished in KC as well then we can foucus on the draft and free agents good times good times

azchiefsfan
01-03-2013, 02:16 PM
I think a new scene and a new situation might just get Andy back in the swing of things. It seems to have worked out for John Fox.

kcvet
01-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Ian Rapoport reports that Reids staff is cancelling talks with AZ and SD at NFL.com.

Former Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid's people have started the process of canceling talks with the San Diego Chargers and Arizona Cardinals, a source briefed on Reid's plans told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

One person whom Reid has spoken with believes a deal is getting close with the Chiefs, who are making a hard push to keep the coach from talking to other teams.

NFL source (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121583/article/andy-reid-nearing-deal-to-coach-kansas-city-chiefs)

Reid would bring more than just an offensive system to the Chiefs. He has a defined organizational way of doing things from the front office down to practices. There is a long list of Reid-trained coaches ready to assist him.

I think Ried had pen in hand and Hunt's writin' the check

AkChief49
01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
I think a new scene and a new situation might just get Andy back in the swing of things. It seems to have worked out for John Fox.
That, and actually having a quality QB does not hurt either.

Eydugstr
01-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Some info on Tom Heckert - Tom Heckert, Jr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Heckert,_Jr).

matthewschiefs
01-03-2013, 02:47 PM
That, and actually having a quality QB does not hurt either.

He did take them to a playoff win with Tebow as well

AkChief49
01-03-2013, 02:50 PM
He did take them to a playoff win with Tebow as well
A playoff win that woulda shoulda coulda been ours! dang you Bowe!...... and the two blocked field goals:D

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2013, 02:53 PM
I hope you are right!!!! I'll admit there are guys I'd rather see as our HC than Reid, but I suspect he is the top name that is willing to consider the KC job.

I have to think that Hunt has been on the phone to all the other big names we have talked about....Gruden, Cowher etc...and been told "Thanks but no thanks". Let's face it....the top potential coaches out there probably don't consider the Chiefs to be a very desirable assignment. So if Reid is the best Hunt thinks he can get then I'm good with Reid.

Eydugstr
01-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Sorry folks but for whatever reason it won't post the link to Andy Reid on wikipedia.

MissingTBone
01-03-2013, 03:01 PM
So how is Heckert a better GM than Puoli? I'm not too familiar with him. Did he draft Weeden? I hate taking another Cleveland guy, we've had no luck with them.

MissingTBone
01-03-2013, 03:04 PM
It doesn't show anything on my phone??

whackojacko58
01-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Whohooo love it

kcvet
01-03-2013, 03:08 PM
I hope you are right!!!! I'll admit there are guys I'd rather see as our HC than Reid, but I suspect he is the top name that is willing to consider the KC job.

I have to think that Hunt has been on the phone to all the other big names we have talked about....Gruden, Cowher etc...and been told "Thanks but no thanks". Let's face it....the top potential coaches out there probably don't consider the Chiefs to be a very desirable assignment. So if Reid is the best Hunt thinks he can get then I'm good with Reid.

FYI i read Gruden has backed out of the ring. just testing the waters. Cowher never waded in. with Pioli gone Reid and his people can start the hunt for a qualified QB. and a fixed O line. both in bad need of repairs

jason1981
01-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Theres two forums topics with the same topic.

brdempsey69
01-03-2013, 03:11 PM
So how is Heckert a better GM than Puoli? I'm not too familiar with him. Did he draft Weeden? I hate taking another Cleveland guy, we've had no luck with them.

He's not the egomaniac that Pioli is. Not sure if it was him or Holmgren that drafted Weeden

Eydugstr
01-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Now it looks like the first link isn't working either....Sorry folks my intent was to put the wiki links to both Reid & Heckert on one page for everyone.

kcvet
01-03-2013, 03:23 PM

He most recently served as the general manager for the Cleveland Browns. In his career, Heckert has had the opportunity to work with four of the more successful head coaches in recent NFL history, including Hall of Famer Don Shula, Jimmy Johnson, Andy Reid, and Mike Holmgren.

Eydugstr
01-03-2013, 03:29 PM
What are Browns fans and Philly fans saying?

kcvet
01-03-2013, 03:31 PM
I posted it

Heckert most recently served as the general manager for the Cleveland Browns. In his career, Heckert has had the opportunity to work with four of the more successful head coaches in recent NFL history, including Hall of Famer Don Shula, Jimmy Johnson, Andy Reid, and Mike Holmgren.

kcvet
01-03-2013, 03:33 PM
What are Browns fans and Philly fans saying?

don't send Pioli !!!!:D

kcvet
01-03-2013, 03:50 PM
maybe some of his O magic will rub off on Reid

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/Dickvermeil.jpg/220px-Dickvermeil.jpg

brdempsey69
01-03-2013, 03:53 PM

Brother, would I ever love that !!

swochief
01-03-2013, 04:01 PM
He most recently served as the general manager for the Cleveland Browns. In his career, Heckert has had the opportunity to work with four of the more successful head coaches in recent NFL history, including Hall of Famer Don Shula, Jimmy Johnson, Andy Reid, and Mike Holmgren.

I'm good w/ that ,as long as it gets rid of pioli.

Didn't know he had Johnson and Shula connections. Wasn't he there during Reid's best years in Philly ? This is lookin better all the time.

swochief
01-03-2013, 04:03 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/Dickvermeil.jpg/220px-Dickvermeil.jpg

That would be most excellent.:chiefs:

kcvet
01-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Brother, would I ever love that !!

I can still picture that O line exterminating every D in the NFL. a thing of beauty

brdempsey69
01-03-2013, 04:12 PM
I can still picture that O line exterminating every D in the NFL. a thing of beauty

And I remember it started up in NE in the 3rd game of the 2002 season against the defending SB champs. Even though NE won in OT 41-38, the Pats defensive front 7 could not begin to even cope with Roaf, Shields, and company.

swochief
01-03-2013, 04:20 PM
:fishing: Since its lookin like a done deal for Reid /Heckert anyone hearing about his assistants ?

Is he gonna just bring what he had in Philly or others ? Reid has got a long list of them that have worked for and or want to work with him , from everything i keep hearing.

:chiefs3:

brdempsey69
01-03-2013, 04:42 PM
My question is regarding the Defensive staff. We know that the Offensive staff will be completely overthrown if Reid comes in ( thank goodness ), but is there a chance some of the Defensive coaches stay & will they stay with a 3-4 or switch to a 4-3 ??

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2013, 04:45 PM

Is there some kind of a connection between Reid and DV or Hackert and DV? Or was the pic just a "feel good" sort of thing? Hard not to miss the DV days!!!

swochief
01-03-2013, 04:56 PM
My question is regarding the Defensive staff. We know that the Offensive staff will be completely overthrown if Reid comes in ( thank goodness ), but is there a chance some of the Defensive coaches stay & will they stay with a 3-4 or switch to a 4-3 ??

wouldn't mind if Gibbs stayed at LB coach , been too many injuries , youth and just plain not good enuff players to get a better picture of Thomas. The rest idk.

Johnson was blitz happy , wonder if Reid will bring in someone similiar in style ? Those were the best defenses that Reid had. Just don't know if i like blitzing that often.

But i would like to see more aggressiveness coupled w/ knowing when to back off.

N TX Dave
01-03-2013, 04:58 PM
The two possible GM candidates mentioned by ESPN are Tom Heckert and John Dorsey.
Heckert has been connected to Reid dating back to their time together in Philadelphia. Heckert was most recently the Browns (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/cleveland-browns) GM, where he was fired on Monday.
The Cleveland Plain-Dealer and NFL.com have both reported that Reid plans to bring Heckert with him to his next job, but the ESPN report states that Reid did not "demand" that to the Chiefs.
Dorsey is the Packers (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/green-bay-packers) director of operations and his name has come up in various GM jobs around the league.
Here's what the ESPN report said about those two: (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8809040/andy-reid-verge-agreement-kansas-city-chiefs-sources)

The same sources insist Reid did not demand that former Browns GM Tom Heckert had to be a package deal as the team's future general manager because he still wants to gauge whether John Dorsey, the Packers director of operations, would consider the position of GM, the sources added.

N TX Dave
01-03-2013, 05:00 PM
The two possible GM candidates mentioned by ESPN are Tom Heckert and John Dorsey.
Heckert has been connected to Reid dating back to their time together in Philadelphia. Heckert was most recently the Browns (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/cleveland-browns) GM, where he was fired on Monday.
The Cleveland Plain-Dealer and NFL.com have both reported that Reid plans to bring Heckert with him to his next job, but the ESPN report states that Reid did not "demand" that to the Chiefs.
Dorsey is the Packers (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/green-bay-packers) director of operations and his name has come up in various GM jobs around the league.
Here's what the ESPN report said about those two: (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8809040/andy-reid-verge-agreement-kansas-city-chiefs-sources) The same sources insist Reid did not demand that former Browns GM Tom Heckert had to be a package deal as the team's future general manager because he still wants to gauge whether John Dorsey, the Packers director of operations, would consider the position of GM, the sources added.

swochief
01-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I'll be honest , i have no idea who'd make a good or great GM. If they bring in someone i'm good ,means pioli is gone.

If they decide to keep pioli and he has nothing to do w/ the football side and
his only job is to work out contracts w/ whomever they tell him to i guess i'd be okay with that too.

brdempsey69
01-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Regardless of who the GM ends up being, we know that if Reid is officially announced as HC that Pioli can kiss his a$$ goodbye.

No way that Reid can work in the same organization as Pioli.

In fact, I suspect that one of Hunts selling points to Reid was to let him pick who the GM was going to be.

kcvet
01-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Reid and Hunt have already worked out the major points of the deal. which I hope includes Pioli. I did not see or hear about Reid insisting Heckert be a part of the deal. but im bettin' Hunt is.

MissingTBone
01-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Now reports coming out saying Reid never said they are a package deal. I'd rather have the guy they are mentioning from Green Bay than this guy. But either is an upgrade. Actually we could bring Pee Wee Herman in as GM and he would prob do a better job than Pioli.

KCCF
01-03-2013, 05:58 PM
:fishing: Since its lookin like a done deal for Reid /Heckert anyone hearing about his assistants ?

Is he gonna just bring what he had in Philly or others ? Reid has got a long list of them that have worked for and or want to work with him , from everything i keep hearing.

:chiefs3:

I've heard possibilities could include brad Childress for oc and his offensive line coach from Philly (forgot his name). Sure you can probably speculate about anyone he's worked with who is looking for a job though. Pretty sure they're just gonna overhaul the whole staff if Reid had his way which at this point, he could probably ask to be gm and president too and hunt would allow it.

chiefnut
01-03-2013, 05:59 PM
reid has NOT insisted on heckert, in fact they are waiting on the packers director of operations as a possible GM

jb908
01-03-2013, 06:00 PM
I live in Jersey (From KC) so I have been to several Eagles games as well as know many fans. The Eagles are a dirty organization. I hate the Coaches, players, fans etc.

I hope he doesn't bring that attitude to KC. Having that said. He can build a team. The Eagles are always contenders, except this year. Smart move hiring him. I really hope he is successful picking a Quarterback in the draft. Since McNabb it has been a roller coaster ride in Philly. I think we can let him slide on the Vick mistake. I thought Vick was going to be back after that first season as well when they got him cheap.

MissingTBone
01-03-2013, 06:03 PM
I hope they do not get the o line coach from Philly last season. Their o line was pretty bad. I say bring in Norv for OC, although doubt he would come here. But he COULD help us stomp SD 2 times a year. For Dc I'd like to try to steal away a higher up positioning coach from San Fran or maybe Seattle?

kcvet
01-03-2013, 06:05 PM
the media is updating. this is spinning like a top

MyManHali
01-03-2013, 06:51 PM
And I remember it started up in NE in the 3rd game of the 2002 season against the defending SB champs. Even though NE won in OT 41-38, the Pats defensive front 7 could not begin to even cope with Roaf, Shields, and company.

I remember that game very well, it was amazing how we just dominated defenses with that line, really miss those times.

MyManHali
01-03-2013, 06:52 PM
reid has NOT insisted on heckert, in fact they are waiting on the packers director of operations as a possible GM

This would be great, absolutely phenominal.

kcvet
01-03-2013, 07:14 PM
got a local update from TV media here in KC. Reid seeked out former coach Dick Vermil to ask his opinion of the Chiefs. Vermil said go. also Reid has talked with serveral former Chiefs as well.

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Vermil said go. also Reid has talked with serveral former Chiefs as well.

"Go" as in Go For It? Or "Go" as in run like hell????

Just want to make sure I am reading your post right.

kcvet
01-03-2013, 08:22 PM
"Go" as in Go For It? Or "Go" as in run like hell????

Just want to make sure I am reading your post right.

go for the job

ctchiefsfan
01-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Good! Just wanted to make sure!

drstandley31
01-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Reid has so many contacts, and so much respect, that he'll bring in a great group. I never really pictured him as our coach, but I'd be very happy if he was. He's got the ability to bring stability to a team, and this team needs that. Just hope he can bring a QB too! Even if he had the same team as Romeo, you'd see why he has a winning record, and Romeo is .330 live time as HC.

texaschief
01-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Possibilities of a staff comprised of Pat Shurmer, Brad Childress, and possibly Juan Castillo... according to ESPN

I like all 3 in roles as assistants. Childress as the OC and Shurmer as the QB coach.

Tydude
01-03-2013, 11:47 PM
so happy that we will get a new coach and new GM

Chiefster
01-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Looks like Reid is the guy I think that by the end of next week Pioli will be finished in KC as well then we can foucus on the draft and free agents good times good times

It does indeed. Sources say that he has cancelled his trips to Arizona and San Diego.

Reid expected to be new Chief in Kansas City - Football Wires - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/03/3167106/reid-expected-to-be-new-chief.html)

Chiefster
01-04-2013, 12:44 AM
I have merged all the Andy Reid threads. Please confine all Any Reid discussion to this thread.

Thanks!

matthewschiefs
01-04-2013, 12:52 AM
I have merged all the Andy Reid threads. Please confine all Any Reid discussion to this thread.

Thanks!

A mod actually doing something this is new :mooning: :D :sign0106:

texaschief
01-04-2013, 12:55 AM
... wait, there are mods?

matthewschiefs
01-04-2013, 01:00 AM
... wait, there are mods?

I think that's just a rumor :lol:

Chiefster
01-04-2013, 01:03 AM
A mod actually doing something this is new :mooning: :D :sign0106:

I represent that remark! :11: :D

Chiefster
01-04-2013, 01:04 AM
I think that's just a rumor :lol:

...A nasty one at that!

matthewschiefs
01-04-2013, 01:05 AM
I represent that remark! :11: :D

:lol:

I'm really fighting the urge to start anther Andy Reid thread MUST FIGHT URGE CAN'T FIGHT MUCH LONGER

Chiefster
01-04-2013, 01:13 AM
:lol:

I'm really fighting the urge to start anther Andy Reid thread MUST FIGHT URGE CAN'T FIGHT MUCH LONGER

The Simpsons - No Tv and No Beer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yGJGTjV2WE)

It just seemed appropriate.

swochief
01-04-2013, 03:19 AM
Possibilities of a staff comprised of Pat Shurmer, Brad Childress, and possibly Juan Castillo... according to ESPN

I like all 3 in roles as assistants. Childress as the OC and Shurmer as the QB coach.

Now that would be the start of a great staff. Reid and those two should come up w/ a strong offense.

jap1
01-04-2013, 05:08 AM
I'm not too excited about Juan Castillo at DC. There are many people I think would do better. I mean the guy has what one and a half years experience as DC. He was an OL coach originally.

nigeriannightmare
01-04-2013, 07:19 AM
I'm not too excited about Juan Castillo at DC. There are many people I think would do better. I mean the guy has what one and a half years experience as DC. He was an OL coach originally.

Yeah that doesn't make much sense. I thougt Gibbs did a fine job when he took over.

Seek
01-04-2013, 08:26 AM
I am getting more reluctant of this news each moment. I mean when old Pro-bowl players like J. Trotter basically calls Reid out saying that he was successful because of the cast around him, more noteable living off the attacking defense of Jim Johnson and that the team has faultered dramatically after the passing of Jim Johnson has me concerned. Trotter said the only good thing Reid did was draft McNabb. Then went on basically throwing him under the bus saying he will be out coached in big games which cost them games, and while on the side line knew that the defense would have to win the game because he clock management was going to put them in a spot.

I mean I don't remember the Eagles for their offense. Their defense was pretty stout and great players left that defense year after year to be a bust on other teams while that defense stayed Strong only to have those same players go back to Philly after they failed. I mean Shawn Barber is one of those guyes. Hey ended up going back to being an intern coach for the Eagles.

That being said, I do remember a Sunday night game against Philly and the crowd was all pumped up. We were going to receive the kick off and go right downt he fields and score because DV was still here. Reid onside kicked the opening kick off, got the ball and went right down and scored. Completely ruined my mood, took the crowd out of the game. We never got our feet under us again and we lost that game. I would say he out coached us that game.

Lord-Chiefy
01-04-2013, 08:55 AM
To say he out coaches the chiefs...well that's what every team can say.

brdempsey69
01-04-2013, 10:19 AM
I believe Reid is worthy of a fair chance in KC. It's a fresh new start for him in KC and there is a stable of decent young ball players already there. Also, if there's a HC candidate that can fix their pathetic offense and find a quality QB, I'd have to say Reid is as good a candidate as any.

swochief
01-04-2013, 10:26 AM

I was wondering if that was the guy.

Only way Reid needs to be thinking about Castillo is O-line. I'm not sure if he is better than the line coach we had last year tho ,not sure he's still here.

MyManHali
01-04-2013, 10:43 AM
I am getting more reluctant of this news each moment. I mean when old Pro-bowl players like J. Trotter basically calls Reid out saying that he was successful because of the cast around him, more noteable living off the attacking defense of Jim Johnson and that the team has faultered dramatically after the passing of Jim Johnson has me concerned. Trotter said the only good thing Reid did was draft McNabb. Then went on basically throwing him under the bus saying he will be out coached in big games which cost them games, and while on the side line knew that the defense would have to win the game because he clock management was going to put them in a spot.

I mean I don't remember the Eagles for their offense. Their defense was pretty stout and great players left that defense year after year to be a bust on other teams while that defense stayed Strong only to have those same players go back to Philly after they failed. I mean Shawn Barber is one of those guyes. Hey ended up going back to being an intern coach for the Eagles.

That being said, I do remember a Sunday night game against Philly and the crowd was all pumped up. We were going to receive the kick off and go right downt he fields and score because DV was still here. Reid onside kicked the opening kick off, got the ball and went right down and scored. Completely ruined my mood, took the crowd out of the game. We never got our feet under us again and we lost that game. I would say he out coached us that game.

It is a big upgrade over what we have, we finally have a guy who has ran a franchise, and the most important thing, he has brought in qb's and developed them.

I won't talk about which qb we should take because I trust andy reid to make that decision. Unless it's Cassel, if it's Cassel then I must declare war again.

Bike
01-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Can we get the ink on the paper already?

kcvet
01-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Can we get the ink on the paper already?

right now its hurry up and wait

Bike
01-04-2013, 11:00 AM
right now its hurry up and wait
Yeah - I know Reid use to coach in Arizona and has a house in California. I just want to see this DONE!
Actually, I'm kinda surprised Reid didn't decide to test the waters more - these opportunities don't come up everyday. I got to hand it to Clark if he gets this done.

LargoChief
01-04-2013, 11:01 AM
I really can't believe the pessimism on the board. This guy has been in the playoffs 9 times!!! The people who are 'second guessing' this are like the homeless guy who looks at you funny when you give him a sandwich *****ing cause it doesn't have bacon!! Give me a f@cking break! You should all be happy! We have had idiots driving the bus, now we have a proven winner!! Trust me, cardinals fans are bumming!!

swochief
01-04-2013, 11:04 AM
ESPN just broke it. Reid had signed to be the new HC.

Chiefster
01-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Reid is in, Pioli is out.

Bike
01-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I really can't believe the pessimism on the board. This guy has been in the playoffs 9 times!!! The people who are 'second guessing' this are like the homeless guy who looks at you funny when you give him a sandwich *****ing cause it doesn't have bacon!! Give me a f@cking break! You should all be happy! We have had idiots driving the bus, now we have a proven winner!! Trust me, cardinals fans are bumming!!
I am 100% on board. I was screaming for a young, hungry guy - maybe from the college ranks. But an older, experienced NFL is definetely what this team must have.

Bike
01-04-2013, 11:06 AM
ESPN just broke it. Reid had signed to be the new HC.
THERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike
01-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Now the HC gets to hire the GM! How often does that happen???!!!

brdempsey69
01-04-2013, 11:09 AM

I agree with you 100%. Reid deserves a fair shake in KC, and he has proven he can win in the NFL.

Just the fact that he consulted Dick Vermeil about the HC position in KC speaks volumes.

Now, I wonder who the new GM will be?

kcvet
01-04-2013, 11:11 AM
I made him an offer he couldn't refuse

http://oi49.tinypic.com/ao3lte.jpg

Chiefster
01-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Reid wouldn't have been my first choice, but he is a definite upgrade to what we've had.

kcvet
01-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Reid's deal comes shortly after the Chiefs and general manager Scott Pioli mutually agreed to part ways after four seasons.

what a bonus

buffman316
01-04-2013, 11:25 AM
The Oregon coach would have been the best choice but this is definitely a major upgrade for the Chiefs and I am excited

swochief
01-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Who keeps condensing all the threads into one ? Makes the one way way way too long.
Keeping site from lookin cluttered got no problem with. But break them down into 2 or 3.

Chiefster
01-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Who keeps condensing all the threads into one ? Makes the one way way way too long.
Keeping site from lookin cluttered got no problem with. But break them down into 2 or 3.

I'm doing that. Long threads are preferable to one hundred threads about the same subject matter. It is always better to post in an existing thread than to start a new one.

Hayvern
01-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Ok, well now I am preparing myself for the calls next year of "Fire Reid" and "Reid Must Go"

Fans are such fickle monsters. I think Reid will do a good job, he is clearly a good football mind, but there will be people who are ready to fire him after Spring Training unless he has 4 blow out wins in Spring Training games.

swochief
01-04-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm doing that. Long threads are preferable to one hundred threads about the same subject matter. It is always better to post in an existing thread than to start a new one.

I got no problem w/ it overall Chiefster. But these threads get really long doin it.
Anyway you can split them in two at say 12 pages , give or take ?
What about the posts that ,even though it may be related , are asking about something specific ?

jason1981
01-04-2013, 11:58 AM
If you read every single reply and all pages then you have to kuch time in your hands anyways.

brdempsey69
01-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Ok, well now I am preparing myself for the calls next year of "Fire Reid" and "Reid Must Go"

Fans are such fickle monsters. I think Reid will do a good job, he is clearly a good football mind, but there will be people who are ready to fire him after Spring Training unless he has 4 blow out wins in Spring Training games.

Probably from the fantasy football kiddies that don't understand that success starts with the big guys up front.

To hell with those fantasy football kiddies.

Andy Reid has drafted O-Lineman in the 1st round before. Chiefs fans better get on board with the idea that it may happen again under Andy Reid. Probably not this year, though. QB is the first priority.

KristofLaw
01-04-2013, 12:04 PM
I find it easier to read one thread even if it gets very long. If we all made threads on Andy Reid some would have no input while possibly having better newsfeeds and others could be the opposite or who knows.

It doesn't take much time to search a thread unless it hits the 20 page mark and you have to, have to read every remark which I sometimes do when I've got the time and am bored. :D

Just sayin' ::postpimp4ib:

kcvet
01-04-2013, 12:06 PM
I posted it on the bolts, donks and Faiders forum. first reaction from Bolts:

The AFC West just got more competitive IMO... KC will have alot more wins next season, hopefully we can make the moves to compete. I can see a 3 way race for the AFC West title next season.

swochief
01-04-2013, 12:10 PM
If you read every single reply and all pages then you have to kuch time in your hands anyways.

Yeah , i dont have that kind of time. Just skip around for things that interest me.

kcvet
01-04-2013, 12:11 PM
donks react

The Chiefs scored on that one. The AFCW will be a different story next year.

Be interesting to see what the Chiefs do this offseason. If they become a verticle team it might be good for Von Miller, but he could easily make the chiefs dangerous as they have a solid D already.

seems to be some concern out there now

ctchiefsfan
01-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Gotta say I am VERY PLEASED!!!! Is he the best of all the names that have been tossed around here for the last month or two? No. I'd have been more excited about Gruden, Cowher and some of the others. But I honestly believe we got the very best guy that would have been willing to even consider coming to KC. So that makes the Reid hire a HOME RUN in my book!!!

Are we going to win the AFC West and the go to the Superbowl next year. No. But I am confident we will have a much better season than we did last year and that within 2-3 years we will be in the playoffs again. And this time I think we will finally get that playoff win we have been missing for so long!

THE CHIEFS ARE ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY!!!!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

kcvet
01-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Gotta say I am VERY PLEASED!!!! Is he the best of all the names that have been tossed around here for the last month or two? No. I'd have been more excited about Gruden, Cowher and some of the others. But I honestly believe we got the very best guy that would have been willing to even consider coming to KC. So that makes the Reid hire a HOME RUN in my book!!!

Are we going to win the AFC West and the go to the Superbowl next year. No. But I am confident we will have a much better season than we did last year and that within 2-3 years we will be in the playoffs again. And this time I think we will finally get that playoff win we have been missing for so long!

THE CHIEFS ARE ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY!!!!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

looks like that talk with Vermil paid off huh ??

ctchiefsfan
01-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Also have to hand it to Clark Hunt.....He found what he wanted, got him on the mat and didn't let up until he signed. GREAT JOB Mr. Hunt!!!!!!

Seems like the owner of our team has decided that in addition to making money he is going to wade right in and make damned certain we the fans get a quality team in return for the money we spend.

Go, Clark Go!!!!!! Make Lamar PROUD!!!!!

ctchiefsfan
01-04-2013, 12:48 PM
looks like that talk with Vermil paid off huh ??

BIG TIME!!!!!! And if the story is true then I think it is GREAT that Reid and DV have that kind of relationship.

I think it would be for the good if Reid felt he could call DV from time to time and pick his brain.

DV has been out of the game for a while and I think the days when he could have been a great coach are probably gone. The game has changed since he last stalked the sidelines. But he was always an offense minded coach and the NFL is becoming a more offense minded game every year. I think having DV to bounce idea's off could be a valuable asset to Reid as he goes about the job of bringing us back a winning team.

In short, I am optimistic again and the MISERY that was the 2012 season is erased from my mind! I think it is going to be fun being a Chiefs fan again!!!!

kcvet
01-04-2013, 01:01 PM
BIG TIME!!!!!! And if the story is true then I think it is GREAT that Reid and DV have that kind of relationship.

I think it would be for the good if Reid felt he could call DV from time to time and pick his brain.

DV has been out of the game for a while and I think the days when he could have been a great coach are probably gone. The game has changed since he last stalked the sidelines. But he was always an offense minded coach and the NFL is becoming a more offense minded game every year. I think having DV to bounce idea's off could be a valuable asset to Reid as he goes about the job of bringing us back a winning team.

In short, I am optimistic again and the MISERY that was the 2012 season is erased from my mind! I think it is going to be fun being a Chiefs fan again!!!!

he and DV are good pals so yes I think they'll talk shop from time to time

N TX Dave
01-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Andy Reid is en route to Kansas City Andy Reid is en route to Kansas City - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1/4/3835912/andy-reid-is-en-route-to-kansas-city)

ctchiefsfan
01-04-2013, 01:21 PM
he and DV are good pals so yes I think they'll talk shop from time to time

EXCELLENT!!!!!! From all I have read, DV is happy in retirement, but I'd bet he still keeps an eye on football and would love to feel he still had some "input". And I think that input could be valuable.

brdempsey69
01-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Also have to hand it to Clark Hunt.....He found what he wanted, got him on the mat and didn't let up until he signed. GREAT JOB Mr. Hunt!!!!!!

Seems like the owner of our team has decided that in addition to making money he is going to wade right in and make damned certain we the fans get a quality team in return for the money we spend.

Go, Clark Go!!!!!! Make Lamar PROUD!!!!!

Gotta hand it to Clark for moving swiftly and decisively regarding this matter. The 2012 regular season hasn't even been over for a week and the issue is already settled.

And kudos, and a great BIG thank you to Dick Vermeil for his influence & helping to get the matter settled so quickly.

matthewschiefs
01-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Skip Bayliss and Jason Witlock both say Reid is overrated Start booking superbowl tickets people :chiefs: :fatlock:

kcvet
01-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Dick Vermeil chimes in:

Former Chiefs head coach Dick Vermeil gave Andy Reid one word of advice about taking the job in Kansas City.

"Go," Vermeil said.

Vermeil, who lives in Philadelphia, speaks to Reid regularly, including earlier this week before a contingent of Chiefs executives, led by chairman Clark Hunt, interviewed Reid for nine hours on Wednesday.

Negotiations were continuing on Thursday, and as of late in the afternoon, Vermeil had not heard if Reid and the Chiefs closed the deal.

Vermeil said there were several factors in why Reid was interested in the Chiefs, even when Arizona and San Diego had hoped to interview him.

"He's coached at the University of Missouri," Vermeil said of Reid's three-year stint as on offensive line coach for the Tigers during 1989-91. "He's been in middle America before and knows what the people are like. He knows how I feel about it. He's been in that stadium. He kicked my rear - when we were ahead 18-0 - and he knows how the fans are there, and how that Arrowhead Stadium is when it's full.

"And he knows the great respect and admiration people in the NFL have for the Hunt family, so why not go? There are no negatives."

One negative is the shaky state of the quarterback position in Kansas City.

"You can't have everything," Vermeil said. "I'd rather have a great owner and no quarterback than a quarterback and not a great owner. They have a couple of quarterbacks (Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn) who have played well before, and maybe they'll play well again. Sometimes schemes fit quarterbacks better than other schemes.

"This year took a guy out of college, for criminy sakes, (Nick Foles), a third-round draft choice, and he plays pretty darn well."

Vermeil is confident that Reid, 54, can turn the Chiefs around.

"He's been doing it for 14 years," Vermeil said. "He finished on a downswing, but a lot of those things . . . the injury factor were part of the problem. The mistakes he's made, if he has made any, he'll know how to correct them. And he's always had a great offensive football team, and when he's had a real good defensive coordinator, he's always had a good defensive team.

"When you've gone to five NFC championship games, you've done a hell of a job."

Reid would be the third former Eagles coach or player to coach the Chiefs, following Vermeil (2001-05) and Herm Edwards (2006-08). Vermeil spent 1976-82 with the Eagles and took them to the Super Bowl after the 1980 season.

"You've got the best one," Vermeil said of Reid. "He's a great person and a great coach. I think he'll fit in perfectly within that environment, within the community, and he'll fit in the organization. I just don't think you can do any better."

Vermeil said Reid did not ask him about how he thought he could coexist with Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli.

Read more here: Vermeil urging Andy Reid to take Chiefs' coaching position - Football Wires - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/03/3166862/vermeil-urging-andy-reid-to-take.html#storylink=cpy)

brdempsey69
01-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Skip Bayliss and Jason Witlock both say Reid is overrated Start booking superbowl tickets people :chiefs: :fatlock:

Reid should not be overrated any Chiefs fans. They have to understand that Reid can't do it alone, any more than Marty, or Vermeil, or Hank Stram could.

He'll need the help of his assistants and the front office. This isn't going to be a one man show, and Chiefs fans had better come to grips with that very quickly.

kcvet
01-04-2013, 03:00 PM
short interview with frank Boal I saw last night

Frank talks to Dick Vermeil about possible Reid hire - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egyLwKb1pEQ)

ctchiefsfan
01-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Reid should not be overrated any Chiefs fans. They have to understand that Reid can't do it alone, any more than Marty, or Vermeil, or Hank Stram could.

He'll need the help of his assistants and the front office. This isn't going to be a one man show, and Chiefs fans had better come to grips with that very quickly.

Of course Reid can't do it all by himself! But he is a huge step in the right direction....at least in my opinion.

brdempsey69
01-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Of course Reid can't do it all by himself! But he is a huge step in the right direction....at least in my opinion.

Oh definitely, Reid is a step in the right direction. What I'm suggesting is that Chiefs fans temper their expectations. The disaster that occurred in the 2012 season should have taught everybody that.

ctchiefsfan
01-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Oh definitely, Reid is a step in the right direction. What I'm suggesting is that Chiefs fans temper their expectations. The disaster that occurred in the 2012 season should have taught everybody that.

Agreed! But I don't have huge expectations.....

I expect 2013 to be a better record than 2012.

I expect 2014 to be "HOPEFULLY" competing for a wildcard.

I expect a serious run for the AFC West Title in 2015.

Realistically I just want to feel good about my Chiefs again. At least know we are on the right track.

brdempsey69
01-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Agreed! But I don't have huge expectations.....

I expect 2013 to be a better record than 2012.

I expect 2014 to be "HOPEFULLY" competing for a wildcard.

I expect a serious run for the AFC West Title in 2015.

Realistically I just want to feel good about my Chiefs again. At least know we are on the right track.

Most certainly, and I like the fact that Reid is an Offensive guru & brother, do the Chiefs ever need to improve in that area.

GarH
01-04-2013, 04:04 PM
I say if he can't get the Chiefs to the Super Bowl Feb 3rd- Fire him!!!!!!!!

Eydugstr
01-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Although I'm not sold on Reid 100% - a red flag for me is the fact that Eagles fans aren't complaining about his dismissal - I do think that the Chiefs' front office is heading in the right direction. Our passing offense needs some help, and we're getting a coach that has a good history of developing QB's. And he's getting the #1 draft pick.

MissingTBone
01-04-2013, 04:38 PM
The way Clark reacted with going tI serif before he could see anyone else makes me think about the reports when PM was cut by the colts last season and they said an owner/GM showed up at the Indy airport to talk to him. I wonder if it was Clark/Pioli? Oh well, glad our future appears brighter. Let's get a solid GM who can really evaluate talent in here and were ginna be peaking right about the time Manning is retiring!

jap1
01-04-2013, 05:12 PM
The way Clark reacted with going tI serif before he could see anyone else makes me think about the reports when PM was cut by the colts last season and they said an owner/GM showed up at the Indy airport to talk to him. I wonder if it was Clark/Pioli? Oh well, glad our future appears brighter. Let's get a solid GM who can really evaluate talent in here and were ginna be peaking right about the time Manning is retiring!

The rumor was that Clark, Romeo and Pioli flew to meet Manning, but for whatever reason, he wasnt interested in us.

texaschief
01-04-2013, 05:18 PM
This is a nice intro to Andy Reid done by one of the guys on the Eagles Sports Nation site. Definitely worth a reid. :chiefs:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/1/4/3836176/so-youve-hired-andy-reid-a-guide-to-big-red

Here are a couple of things I found interesting:

1. Pass rushing DEs, CBs, and O-line concentrations when it comes to free agency and draft picks.

2. The Chiefs will be converting on defense AGAIN, back to a 4-3, which now means keeping Glenn Dorsey is vital to the success of that defensive front and outright releasing Tyson Jackson will probably come to fruition.

3. Reid likes to move around during draft day. This is VERY big news for the Chiefs who have been hemorrhaging value in the draft for the better part of a decade. Understanding WHO you want in the draft and WHERE they should be drafted is one of the biggest keys to sustained success in the NFL.

4. Reid runs a version of the West Coast Offense, which is all about dink and dunk passes, screens, and then accurate long-balls with very few mid-range passing. Add to the fact that this is the same guy who drafted a mobile QB in Donovan McNabb and then signed another one in Mike Vick can only lead you to believe that Geno Smith is going to be the next QB of the Kansas City Chiefs. Smith was very successful in this type of offense.

5. There seems to be a defensive blind-spot in Andy Reid's vision of the NFL. He is going to need to bring in a 4-3 defensive guru if the Chiefs are going to successfully convert a solid 3-4 defense into a better 4-3 defense. Monte Kiffen does not seem like the right guy for the job to me.

WichitaChief4
01-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Here are a couple of things I found interesting:

1. Pass rushing DEs, CBs, and O-line concentrations when it comes to free agency and draft picks.

2. The Chiefs will be converting on defense AGAIN, back to a 4-3, which now means keeping Glenn Dorsey is vital to the success of that defensive front and outright releasing Tyson Jackson will probably come to fruition.

3. Reid likes to move around during draft day. This is VERY big news for the Chiefs who have been hemorrhaging value in the draft for the better part of a decade. Understanding WHO you want in the draft and WHERE they should be drafted is one of the biggest keys to sustained success in the NFL.

4. Reid runs a version of the West Coast Offense, which is all about dink and dunk passes, screens, and then accurate long-balls with very few mid-range passing. Add to the fact that this is the same guy who drafted a mobile QB in Donovan McNabb and then signed another one in Mike Vick can only lead you to believe that Geno Smith is going to be the next QB of the Kansas City Chiefs. Smith was very successful in this type of offense.

5. There seems to be a defensive blind-spot in Andy Reid's vision of the NFL. He is going to need to bring in a 4-3 defensive guru if the Chiefs are going to successfully convert a solid 3-4 defense into a better 4-3 defense. Monte Kiffen does not seem like the right guy for the job to me.[/quote]

No way we draft geno smith...

Seek
01-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Although I'm not sold on Reid 100% - a red flag for me is the fact that Eagles fans aren't complaining about his dismissal - I do think that the Chiefs' front office is heading in the right direction. Our passing offense needs some help, and we're getting a coach that has a good history of developing QB's. And he's getting the #1 draft pick.

Well, I think one thing about that is how high he set the BAR. After years of winning, two losing seasons and the fans have soured on him.

I don't recall many Chiefs Fans being upset Marty left either, but many of us realize now what we lost.

Lord-Chiefy
01-04-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm not so hip on this fire I really wish they would've got somebody younger and more hungrier than he is. We will see what happens but I don't have high hopes for a Chiefs

MissingTBone
01-04-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm not so hip on this fire I really wish they would've got somebody younger and more hungrier than he is. We will see what happens but I don't have high hopes for a Chiefs

I think we got someone who has lit of experience (playoffs included) who prob has a bit of a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove he can do it again somewhere else. And I think a fresh start somewhere new for him will be a good thing for both parties involved.

texaschief
01-04-2013, 05:53 PM
No way we draft geno smith...

I wish you were right...

Ryfo18
01-04-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm not going to be excited until this team starts winning. We were all pumped after Pioli (the hottest GM candidate) came to town and it amounted to nothing.

This is a fanbase that gets more excited about firing people and starting over than anything else, because that's all we have to root for.

Good, I'm glad big names are coming in. Now just friggin win. That's all.

kcvet
01-04-2013, 06:01 PM
http://ebae.net/drugs-imsges/rite-aid-extra-strength-chewable-antacid-750mg-calcium-carbonate.jpg

guess i can put this away

texaschief
01-04-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm not going to be excited until this team starts winning. We were all pumped after Pioli (the hottest GM candidate) came to town and it amounted to nothing.

This is a fanbase that gets more excited about firing people and starting over than anything else, because that's all we have to root for.

Good, I'm glad big names are coming in. Now just friggin win. That's all.

For the record, I was against the very idea of hiring Pioli, let alone the actual act. The biggest reason was because I knew he was going to try and come in here and "rebuild" a team that had just undergone a rebuild. He tried to force this defense into a 3-4 when they had no business doing so considering the Chiefs had just spent so many resources building a 4-3. It's frustrating to see the Chiefs go back to a 4-3 after spending resources on a 3-4 defense like Jackson and Poe. While Poe can transition to a 4-3, there's not much room for Tyson Jackson who will be on track to make 14mil this season. Additionally, the DL may lose Glenn Dorsey. Kinda sucks. Not to mention, we don't have a true DE opposite Hali. Houston will probably stay at OLB.

You could just see Pioli's first 4 or 5 years would be an absolute waste. If the Chiefs has stayed with the 4-3 and directed their resources to upgrading the offense and building off what they already had in place on defense, we wouldn't be talking about another rebuild coming in the form of Andy Reid.

Pioli will go down as one of the worst decisions in the history of the organization... not because he was incapable, but because of what he tried to do with the team he inherited.

MissingTBone
01-04-2013, 06:12 PM
I think now that Cleveland signed Chip Kelly he may want Geno to run his spread offense. Well trade with em!!!

texaschief
01-04-2013, 06:28 PM
We'd get their 2nd round pick and they'd get our 4th to pull it off. I'd be excited about that move. A small slide down to #6 would put us in a more palatable position to get a QB. The best 4-3 DE would probably still be available there as well while giving us 2 early 2nd round picks to address the QB position.

MissingTBone
01-04-2013, 06:39 PM
We'd get their 2nd round pick and they'd get our 4th to pull it off. I'd be excited about that move. A small slide down to #6 would put us in a more palatable position to get a QB. The best 4-3 DE would probably still be available there as well while giving us 2 early 2nd round picks to address the QB position.

Yeah that would be great. De with the 6 pick then qb with our second and cb or wr with their 2nd

kcvet
01-04-2013, 08:32 PM
done

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/304536_10151391178018373_53698361_n.jpg

Ryfo18
01-04-2013, 08:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/H43X6.png

N TX Dave
01-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Well I was not to high on the hire but I think he is an okay hire. He does have a good record 130-93 that is better than we have since 1999 and his playoff wins are impressive also.
Andy Reid's Playoff Record Shows Why He Such A Hot Commodity [SPORTS CHART OF THE DAY] - Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com/andy-reids-playoff-record-shows-why-he-such-a-hot-commodity-sports-chart-of-the-day-2013-1)

Eydugstr
01-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Well, I think one thing about that is how high he set the BAR. After years of winning, two losing seasons and the fans have soured on him.

I don't recall many Chiefs Fans being upset Marty left either, but many of us realize now what we lost.

I'm hoping that's the case. There's going to be some good from Reid coming to KC. He'll definitely have a more disciplined team than Herm or Romeo fielded. Not the "come stand by me when you fumble" type of discipline, either. I think he'll do a better job of developing a QB than many of the coaches we've had in the past, except for maybe Dick Vermeil.

nigeriannightmare
01-04-2013, 11:07 PM
:whipping1:
I'm hoping that's the case. There's going to be some good from Reid coming to KC. He'll definitely have a more disciplined team than Herm or Romeo fielded. Not the "come stand by me when you fumble" type of discipline, either. I think he'll do a better job of developing a QB than many of the coaches we've had in the past, except for maybe Dick Vermeil.

Sooo what if Andy reid decides Matt cassel has the talent. Soft schedule or not Charlie Weis got Matt cassel to the pro bowl. What if the rookie can't beat out Matt cassel for the starting job. From what I understand Matt Cassels money will be a substantial hit to the salary cap. So cutting him may not be an option this year.

Lord-Chiefy
01-05-2013, 12:25 AM
I say keep Matt. Draft qb 2nd rd. Or 3rd. K etc email battle it out.

ctchiefsfan
01-05-2013, 12:48 AM
I'm kinda disappointed at the lack of enthusiasm for Reid. Were there potential coaches I would have liked to have had better than Reid?

SURE!

Do I think any of them would have come to KC?

No.....No WAY. Not in a millions years.

I think Reid was the very best HC we had any chance of getting.

So I am glad we did.

And lets look at Reid.

Winning history? HELL YES!!!!

Offensive-minded coach in an NFL that is always becoming offense-oriented? NO DOUBT!

Experience bringing up new Quarterbacks? ABSOLUTELY!

Reid has most everything our team needs.

The glaring weakness is that Defense is not what he does. He's all about offense....just like his buddy DV.

If he brings in a QUALITY defensive coordinator then there is no reason Reid can't make us a top tier competitive team again.