PDA

View Full Version : 610 Sports reporting that Pioli attending hiring meetings.

Bike
01-02-2013, 06:53 PM
This irks me to no end.

matthewschiefs
01-02-2013, 07:15 PM
I wouldn't be to upset about it. It's possible that Clark will make the choice and Pioli will be in charge of working the contract. That's something that Pioli has been able to do is work out contracts outside of Bowe. Like Charles and Hali

Bike
01-02-2013, 07:21 PM
I don't like it. I was misled to believe that Pioli was out of the loop on this hiring. The guy shouldn't even be on the payroll at this point.

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Yeah, he should not be involved in the hiring at all. Hope this isn't bad news for us. If Pioli is involved our coaching candidates drop tremendously.

matthewschiefs
01-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Anther thing it could be is Hunt giving Pioli a shot to plead his case to whoever the new coach is. Without being there I wouldn't make this into a big deal at all. Even if Pioli is still the gm when the season starts I don't think he will be doing much there

Bike
01-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Anther thing it could be is Hunt giving Pioli a shot to plead his case to whoever the new coach is. Without being there I wouldn't make this into a big deal at all. Even if Pioli is still the gm when the season starts I don't think he will be doing much there
Do you really think Clark would keep him around just to do contracts? I doubt it. You watch. Pioli will be making our first round draft pick. Clark should have already separated himself from this loser.

matthewschiefs
01-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Do you really think Clark would keep him around just to do contracts? I doubt it. You watch. Pioli will be making our first round draft pick. Clark should have already separated himself from this loser.

It is one thing that Pioli has done he did work out contracts with Charles and Hali for fairly cheap. And like i said it's also possible Clark is just giveing him a chance to plead his case to the new coach whoever it is. I don't think Pioli will be around to much longer after the new coach is in place. And if he is He won't have anywhere close to the power that he has had before but I think the week that a new coach is hired is Pioli's last week In KC

Bike
01-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Yeah, he should not be involved in the hiring at all. Hope this isn't bad news for us. If Pioli is involved our coaching candidates drop tremendously.
I agree with you. Pioli inherited a 2-14 team and 4 years later we are still 2-14. Pioli has failed. If Clark thinks this last season was all Romeo's fault, then he has no business owning an NFL franchise. Harsh - well yeah. I am VERY upset that Pioli is attending ANY meeting concerning the future of the Chiefs.

Bike
01-02-2013, 07:36 PM
It is one thing that Pioli has done he did work out contracts with Charles and Hali for fairly cheap. And like i said it's also possible Clark is just giveing him a chance to plead his case to the new coach whoever it is. I don't think Pioli will be around to much longer after the new coach is in place. And if he is He won't have anywhere close to the power that he has had before but I think the week that a new coach is hired is Pioli's last week In KC
I hope you're right Matt.

#58ChiefsFan
01-02-2013, 07:43 PM
It's Clark's "I" will be finding the next head coach statement that I wonder about.

I'd really like to know who the others were outside of the ones named.

jap1
01-02-2013, 07:44 PM
I don't know what the big deal is. Espn is reporting that there was a huge group of people involved in KC's interview team that went to KC. Him being there first doesn't mean he was running the interview or even doing anything more than sitting there listening and taking notes.

I have interviewed people for jobs with others present who were not going to have one iota of influence in the hiring decision. There were many reasons he could have been there.

If you thought that Clark had cut ties 100% with Pioli, then I'm sorry, but he is still in the role of GM. I think he has been stripped of much of his power (hence the lack of any word about negotiations with Albert or any of our other FAs). The deal will probably be Pioli can stay to help handle contract negotiations, but the decision of which players we go after would remain with the coach. If the coach doesn't want that responsibility, then they would cut Pioli and get a new GM.

AkChief49
01-02-2013, 07:48 PM
I don't know what the big deal is. Espn is reporting that there was a huge group of people involved in KC's interview team that went to KC. Him being there first doesn't mean he was running the interview or even doing anything more than sitting there listening and taking notes.

I have interviewed people for jobs with others present who were not going to have one iota of influence in the hiring decision. There were many reasons he could have been there.

If you thought that Clark had cut ties 100% with Pioli, then I'm sorry, but he is still in the role of GM. I think he has been stripped of much of his power (hence the lack of any word about negotiations with Albert or any of our other FAs). The deal will probably be Pioli can stay to help handle contract negotiations, but the decision of which players we go after would remain with the coach. If the coach doesn't want that responsibility, then they would cut Pioli and get a new GM.
Perhaps he can play the role of "stapler boy" for said contracts.:D

Ryfo18
01-02-2013, 08:14 PM
How do we know that Reid isn't interviewing Pioli?

nigeriannightmare
01-02-2013, 08:20 PM

This is what I was thinking. The only way I see Reid coming to KC is if pioli convinced him that Andy you pick the player ill negotiate the contract. And that is it you run the team as you fit ill figure out cap space and contracts.

N TX Dave
01-02-2013, 08:25 PM
The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

matthewschiefs
01-02-2013, 08:26 PM

THIS

Pioli might just be there so he can plead his case if the interview goes that well. We just don't know why he's there and what he's doing. Lets not overract

nigeriannightmare
01-02-2013, 08:36 PM
But a 9 hour interview is substantial kinda reminds me of when Eric Winston came to town and whose services were wanted by several other teams and he never made it. Wouldn't be the worst descision we have made. It's high profile guy has had success he's an offensive guru. I am not gonna be mad if it happens.

matthewschiefs
01-02-2013, 08:57 PM
But a 9 hour interview is substantial kinda reminds me of when Eric Winston came to town and whose services were wanted by several other teams and he never made it. Wouldn't be the worst descision we have made. It's high profile guy has had success he's an offensive guru. I am not gonna be mad if it happens.

If Reid is hired the only thing I don't want is for Vick to come with him. I don't want Vick at all I think VIck is now a backup at best

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 08:59 PM
The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Lmao, wouldn't be as big a deal if Pioli wasn't such an idiot. I'd just hate for Pioli to screw up our chance of a good coach by being involved. It seems at this point were the laughing stock of the nfl, and in big part because Pioli is still employed.

Bike
01-02-2013, 09:00 PM
If Reid is hired the only thing I don't want is for Vick to come with him. I don't want Vick at all I think VIck is now a backup at best
Yeah, but he is better than anything Pioli ever brought here. Course - that aint sayin' much.

Bike
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Lmao, wouldn't be as big a deal if Pioli wasn't such an idiot. I'd just hate for Pioli to screw up our chance of a good coach by being involved. It seems at this point were the laughing stock of the nfl, and in big part because Pioli is still employed.
That is the whole point I was trying to bring up of Pioli attending these meetings. He should've already been fired.

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM

Agreed, I def don't want Vick either. Im sure Andy knows what kind of person/player he really is. May as well keep Cassel if we're gonna get Vick they can compete for most turnovers.

MissingTBone
01-02-2013, 09:07 PM
I bet if we were to get a good coach it would make the players that might want out (Albert/Bowe) think harder about staying.

jason1981
01-02-2013, 09:24 PM
I think bowe would be a great number 2 wr. I want a faster wr for a deep threat and who can creat separation. I dont think bowe is worth a top 6 contract. Id say top 8 to 10 contract but i think he wants a bigger check. Which i dont blame him if we want him to keep plwying on a loosing team cuz then i would charge more then as well.

Eydugstr
01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Perhaps he can play the role of "stapler boy" for said contracts.:D

:lol:

Naah, Clark has Daboll doing that right now. Pioli is there to fetch everyone some coffee every now and then.

I hear where matthewschiefs is coming from; If anything Pioli was good about getting people signed before training camp, with the exception of Bowe. Clark is probably thinking "Hey the guy is still under contract...Better make use of him while I can." Just sayin'. It doesn't make Pioli any less responsible for taking a 2-14 team and turning them into a 2-14 team (again).

swochief
01-02-2013, 10:11 PM

Nearly every national sports show i've watched the few weeks when the Chiefs are mentioned at least one person on the show starts chuckling. Chaps my A$$ but i get it.

#58ChiefsFan
01-02-2013, 10:13 PM
That is the whole point I was trying to bring up of Pioli attending these meetings. He should've already been fired.

Clark has little idea how this team has been ran, in that if a potential head coach is asking deep questions, the only person that is going to be able to answer them is the director of football operations.

Pioli is important right now whether he stays or goes. It's him or crickets when answering questions.

Bike
01-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Clark has little idea how this team has been ran, in that if a potential head coach is asking deep questions, the only person that is going to be able to answer them is the director of football operations.

Pioli is important right now whether he stays or goes. It's him or crickets when answering questions.
I can tell you how the team was ran - poorly.
I really don't see why Pioli would be needed to answer questions.