PDA

View Full Version : Te'o Watch in the BCS National Championship Game

Ryfo18
01-07-2013, 08:59 PM
I started another thread (sorry) but figured it's relevant in this forum.

Te'o looks awful. Can we please be done w/ the #1 overal talk?

Ryfo18
01-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Te'o isn't even the best Linebacker on the field tonight. CJ Mosley is a monster.

MyManHali
01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Ryfo the motto for tonight and the draft will be this:

Just say no.

To Teo.

MyManHali
01-07-2013, 09:15 PM
He just got ran over on the goal line stand.

matthewschiefs
01-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Hes looked bad so far after a 37 day layoff but we still have to look at him he still has a good overall body of work at ND. He's worth a look and a workout

Ryfo18
01-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Hes looked bad so far after a 37 day layoff but we still have to look at him he still has a good overall body of work at ND. He's worth a look and a workout

Are we talking about pick 34?

matthewschiefs
01-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Are we talking about pick 34?

I don't care what pick it is. Many have said this is a bad year to have the number 1 pick there's just not much stand out talent out there

Pretty sure you wouldn't want to say no to geno after he threw 2 picks against Oklahoma

MyManHali
01-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Are we talking about pick 134?

Fixed your post.

nigeriannightmare
01-07-2013, 09:27 PM
I started another thread (sorry) but figured it's relevant in this forum.

Te'o looks awful. Can we please be done w/ the #1 overal talk?

You are gonna preach fu**ing judgement and you are gonna pass it on a quarter of play. All I'm gonna say is wow. Hi pot I'm the kettle.

Ryfo18
01-07-2013, 09:30 PM
I don't care what pick it is. Many have said this is a bad year to have the number 1 pick there's just not much stand out talent out there

Pretty sure you wouldn't want to say no to geno after he threw 2 picks against Oklahoma

Not at all. I've said it before, taking a MLB at #1 is dumb, especially one overrated and overhyped by a national championship run that he was a Heisman candidate for. He's playing on the biggest stage against the best competition and is completely lost. Slow, easily blocked, and missing tackles.

Name a QB that hasn't thrown 2 INTs. I've seen Geno play well against great competition (look at the LSU game last year). He's the best QB prospect in this draft, and the best QBs always are a case for the #1 pick. An above average MLB never is.

You are gonna preach fu**ing judgement and you are gonna pass it on a quarter of play. All I'm gonna say is wow. Hi pot I'm the kettle.

Hey kettle. Te'o has been artificially inflated all year, and some good competition is actually exposing him. He is completely lost out there, man. He's a good player, but he's nowhere near the #1 overall player.

Ryfo18
01-07-2013, 09:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BADZvQhCMAAabez.jpg:large

nigeriannightmare
01-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Not at all. I've said it before, taking a MLB at #1 is dumb, especially one overrated and overhyped by a national championship run that he was a Heisman candidate for. He's playing on the biggest stage against the best competition and is completely lost. Slow, easily blocked, and missing tackles.

Name a QB that hasn't thrown 2 INTs. I've seen Geno play well against great competition (look at the LSU game last year). He's the best QB prospect in this draft, and the best QBs always are a case for the #1 pick. An above average MLB never is.

Hey kettle. Te'o has been artificially inflated all year, and some good competition is actually exposing him. He is completely lost out there, man. He's a good player, but he's nowhere near the #1 overall player.

Okay the same can be saved for Geno, his scheme and the two stud receivers he's been throwing to.

nigeriannightmare
01-07-2013, 09:41 PM
But yes te'o is getting pushed around like a little girl. At least I can admit things. I won't defend his inability to produce. But you are willing to defend actions that in the real world could cost a young man his life.

MyManHali
01-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Fellas, the bottom line is this:

Teo is not worth a number 1 pick.

matthewschiefs
01-07-2013, 09:42 PM

And name me a defensive player who hasn't had a down run here or there. It goes both ways. You want to take Teo's bad run and say see don't draft him while saying Every qbs going to have some bad throws.

UMMMMMMM Notre Dame had a tougher schedule then West Virgina so if Teo's good competition is exposing him after 12-0 that can't say much good about Geno's 5 game losing streak
College Football Power Ratings - College FB Team Strength of Schedule Power Rating (http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team)

ND 33rd ranked schedule

West Virgina 36th

MyManHali
01-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Can we all stop arguing about quarterbacks? Andy Reid will select one with the number 1 pick. If he feels that Geno is THE guy then fine, I don't care. I trust his judgement. There is no reason to be worried about it, he knows a lot more than we do.

matthewschiefs
01-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Can we all stop arguing about quarterbacks? Andy Reid will select one with the number 1 pick. If he feels that Geno is THE guy then fine, I don't care. I trust his judgement. There is no reason to be worried about it, he knows a lot more than we do.

We don't know what Reid will do with the first pick. In fact when asked today he said basicly what I have been saying this whole time

"you can't force it. That's when you get in trouble"

Ryfo18
01-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Okay the same can be saved for Geno, his scheme and the two stud receivers he's been throwing to.

Fair enough...Two months from now though nobody will be considering Te'o at #1 overall...Geno they will. If you can't see the potential oozing from Smith's game tape in his arm strength, accuracy, and pocket presence, I can't help you. He's far from a complete Luck/RGIII type prospect, but everything is there for him to develop into a very talented QB at the next level.

MyManHali
01-07-2013, 09:47 PM
We don't know what Reid will do with the first pick. In fact when asked today he said basicly what I have been saying this whole time

"you can't force it. That's when you get in trouble"

Andy Reid is pass happy, it will be his number 1 priority. We go qb in the draft.

I am just glad we finally have a regime in place that actually understands that you need a pass heavy offense in today's NFL. It gives you a chance to beat any team in the league.

Ryfo18
01-07-2013, 09:49 PM
And name me a defensive player who hasn't had a down run here or there. It goes both ways. You want to take Teo's bad run and say see don't draft him while saying Every qbs going to have some bad throws.

UMMMMMMM Notre Dame had a tougher schedule then West Virgina so if Teo's good competition is exposing him after 12-0 that can't say much good about Geno's 5 game losing streak
College Football Power Ratings - College FB Team Strength of Schedule Power Rating (http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team)

ND 33rd ranked schedule

West Virgina 36th

You're not making any sense right now. Te'o hasn't made a single play tonight in almost a half of football. Spare the "Power Rating" BS. Power ratings put Notre Dame as the #1 team in football and they're getting throttled right now.

We've already covered how WVU has a bottom 3 defense in football. Wins mean nothing. Weeden beat RGIII AND Tannehill last year. Big deal.

It's as simple as this. Te'o has been overhyped by the national media all year. Anyone who watches with a clear head and no bias can see that. You don't watch film, Matt. You make evaluations based on what you hear.

Ryfo18
01-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Haha, nice tackle Te'o! Seriously, this is the worst ever! #1 overall? Seriously? I thought he elevated everyone around him and made them awesome...This is just awful. Can we never mention him at #1 again and move on? Please?

MyManHali
01-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Creating this thread is like poking a hornet's nest. Ryfo is the new My Man Orton of 2013.

Ryfo18
01-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Creating this thread is like poking a hornet's nest. Ryfo is the new My Man Orton of 2013.

Maybe so, but it needs to be said. People have been pumping this guy up all year. Heisman candidacy will do that. He's not even the best LBer on the field. Give me CJ Mosley or Arthur Brown before Te'o. The next Ray Lewis? C'mon, fellas.

This is all Mel Kiper's fault.

MyManHali
01-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Maybe so, but it needs to be said. People have been pumping this guy up all year. Heisman candidacy will do that. He's not even the best LBer on the field. Give me CJ Mosley or Arthur Brown before Te'o. The next Ray Lewis? C'mon, fellas.

I have agreed with you all the way. A great qb offsets a lot of things during a game, that is why you take the risk.

nigeriannightmare
01-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Haha, nice tackle Te'o! Seriously, this is the worst ever! #1 overall? Seriously? I thought he elevated everyone around him and made them awesome...This is just awful. Can we never mention him at #1 again and move on? Please?

Straight up dick move right here. 12 and freaking 0. Notre Dame was pre season 24. West Virginia was 8.

Notre dame is gettin drubbed by Alabama. How do you think West Virginia would do. Kstate got drubbed by Oregon who got beat by Stanford. Who beat Stanford?

You the non judgementmal objective football analyzer is gonna pass judgment on this one game. But will make excuses for Geno. YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS OR YOU ARE JUST AN ANTOGONIZING HYPOCRITICAL PRICK!

You stop and ill stop.

matthewschiefs
01-07-2013, 10:04 PM

This is all Mel Kiper's fault.

The problem I have with this thread is your cherry picking. You're saying look at his bad game see we shouldn't even consider him.
If I were to do the same with the guy you want I have the feeling you would call me out for it. And you know you would.
It's the whole body of work that counts and Teo was part of a top 10 defense against a tougher secdule then what Geno played. I'm again not saying draft him I just won't buy this lets rule him out because of his bad game BS.
This is all pointless because I doubt he's going to be the guy anyway
And right now My pick at 1 would be Jarvis Jones

Yoda
01-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Te'o, like ND has just been exposed. Let's be honest, Te'o is facing the closests thing to NFL caliber talent and he is being owned.KC is better off trading down, but who the heck would want to that in this draft. The Raiders may have a shot to trade down at #3, but I doubt it. The most likely spot for a trade down is probably @ #5.

Ryfo18
01-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Straight up dick move right here. 12 and freaking 0. Notre Dame was pre season 24. West Virginia was 8.

Notre dame is gettin drubbed by Alabama. How do you think West Virginia would do. Kstate got drubbed by Oregon who got beat by Stanford. Who beat Stanford?

You the non judgementmal objective football analyzer is gonna pass judgment on this one game. But will make excuses for Geno. YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS OR YOU ARE JUST AN ANTOGONIZING HYPOCRITICAL PRICK!

You stop and ill stop.

I'm not making excuses for Geno Smith. I'm just saying that he will without a doubt be in consideration for #1 overall. Te'o will not. Geno has his flaws. Nobody in this draft is flawless like an RGIII or Luck. Smith, in my opinion though, will be the best QB prospect to come out of this draft.

You can recite records all day if you'd like. It says nothing about an individual player. I mean, I can do it too. Weeden beat RGIII last year and therefore he's a better QB? It doesn't work like that. Baylor, like WVU, had an awful defense last year. Wins and losses mean very little. Vince Young was 13-0 one year. Matt Leinart was 12-1 that same year. Wins. Mean. Little.

nigeriannightmare
01-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Okay ray Lewis was picked 26th overall. He wasn't fast enough or big enough to play the position. He had a lot of cons. Looking back now his character and work ethic made up for his lack of talent. Knowing wha we know now when do you think ray Lewis would have gone. You are damn right number freaking one.

Have you looked at notre dames body of work. The guy plays linebacker and was second in the Heisman vote. The fact that the guy has character that is jus awesome and you are gonna thrash him. We should all aspire to be the person manti te'o. He knows every janitor by first name. Southbend would elect him president because they know the quality human he is.

I'm done with this. Ryfo you know everything I'm a dumbass.

Ryfo18
01-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Okay ray Lewis was picked 26th overall. He wasn't fast enough or big enough to play the position. He had a lot of cons. Looking back now his character and work ethic made up for his lack of talent. Knowing wha we know now when do you think ray Lewis would have gone. You are damn right number freaking one.

Have you looked at notre dames body of work. The guy plays linebacker and was second in the Heisman vote. The fact that the guy has character that is jus awesome and you are gonna thrash him. We should all aspire to be the person manti te'o. He knows every janitor by first name. Southbend would elect him president because they know the quality human he is.

I'm done with this. Ryfo you know everything I'm a dumbass.

C'mon man, I'm just trying to be real. The guy does not deserve to go #1 overall. That is all I'm saying.

I don't think you're a dumbass at all. You've brought some very excellent comments and analysis to this board. I just think you're hyping up Te'o a bit too much. He'll make a fine pro and have a great career. I have no doubt about it.

Ryfo18
01-07-2013, 10:39 PM
This sums it up best for me:

"By end of researching/working on my Te'o/ND piece for Grantland, I liked Te'o as pro prospect less, but as person more. Good kid, tough nite" - @smartfootball

whackojacko58
01-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Geno geno lol

Ryfo18
01-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I do need to apologize for being over the top. I'm just passionate and want the Chiefs to do the right thing w/ #1. I've never thought Te'o is that guy and used this bad game of his to really push my case.

Again, the guy will make a great pro prospect. I just don't see the fit w/ KC. Sorry for the trolly attitude, nn and mc.

Lord-Chiefy
01-07-2013, 11:24 PM
He didn't look good. Better then pos gang banger geno.

nigeriannightmare
01-08-2013, 12:01 AM
I do need to apologize for being over the top. I'm just passionate and want the Chiefs to do the right thing w/ #1. I've never thought Te'o is that guy and used this bad game of his to really push my case.

Again, the guy will make a great pro prospect. I just don't see the fit w/ KC. Sorry for the trolly attitude, nn and mc.

No worries bro. I have thicker skin than that but the blood was getting hot over here. It's all good.

matthewschiefs
01-08-2013, 12:24 AM

No need to apologize to me I'm passionate about this team to. I just want them to get the best guy to come in and help this football team win. I don't care what position they play I don't care who it is from what college. I just want them to make sure they get the best guy. And with Teo's body of work I think they should go through the process with him. Give him a shot. That's all I have ever said. Give him a look.

brdempsey69
01-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Got to agree with Ryfo18.

No flipping way do I want to see the Chiefs take an ILB at #1 -- OR ANY DEFENSIVE PLAYER FOR THAT MATTER !!

This team needs offense, Offense, and more OFFENSE !!

As I said before, wanting Te'o smacks of hero worship. We've already been through that scenario with Eric Berry back in 2010 ( and don't give me any bullsh!t about him being in the Pro Bowl. Your grandma could get elected to the Pro Bowl under the current Pro Bowl voting system & he has no business being there, nor in 2010, either ), and that has backfired miserably.

Personally, I want a couple of QB's taken by the Chiefs in the 2013 draft & it doesn't have anything to do with hero worship. That is from a football standpoint, exclusively. Anybody who can't see the obvious need there, is using their head for nothing other than a suppository.

BTW, the LT Joeckel may go back to Texas A&M for his senior season & if that's the case, the QB's will be moving up the draft board. The Chiefs may have the good fortune of being able to trade down a few slots and still get Smith or Wilson. Then again, maybe their stuck at #1.

But, the bottom line is they need to address their biggest need with their top pick -- QUARTERBACK !!

jap1
01-08-2013, 01:21 AM
I just don't see the fit w/ KC.

This right here is the key. I would love to have him, but we don't need another MLB. Even if we stay in the 3-4, the other MLB does not need to be a superstar. He just needs to fill gaps on run defense, and is going to be off the field in exchange for a safety/nickel CB in passing situations. You can get a mid range FA to do 2 down run defense.

Having watched Te'o all year (wife is a die hard ND fan), this was by far his worst game. It was also NDs overall worst performance. I didn't expect them to win and wasn't surprised that they got overpowered most of the game, but they didn't even show up. The coaches did NOT have them ready to play at all (im sure the stupid BCS 1+month off didn't help). This game was more of a blow to th coaching than to Te'o himself.

N TX Dave
01-08-2013, 02:14 AM
His whole team looked bad, if is it possible they looked worse than the Chiefs most of the year. Neither line could do anything it is just like they weren't prepared for the championship game so if the other 10 players on his team were pathetic how do you expect him to be any good, if 8 players on Bama can take out 10 ND players that leaves 3 on him.

I am not saying that we should draft him 1st and no he is not my hero, I just don't want to reach with the 1st for a player rated in the top half of the first round because he is a QB. Go S, CB, OL someone that is rated to go in the top 5 less chance of a bust than a QB that is rated to go with the 18th pick.

Coach
01-08-2013, 07:05 AM
I think it's fair to say Te'o won't be first pick for Chiefs. The Chiefs need to take a QB with the 1st pick or trade the first pick for an existing starting QB. There is no need to get cute by trading back from #1 to #5 to try to gain another pick. Grab the the best QB and move on.

Nobody knows exactly where these kids should be ranked. That was proven in last nights champ game.

nigeriannightmare
01-08-2013, 08:07 AM
This right here is the key. I would love to have him, but we don't need another MLB. Even if we stay in the 3-4, the other MLB does not need to be a superstar. He just needs to fill gaps on run defense, and is going to be off the field in exchange for a safety/nickel CB in passing situations. You can get a mid range FA to do 2 down run defense.

Having watched Te'o all year (wife is a die hard ND fan), this was by far his worst game. It was also NDs overall worst performance. I didn't expect them to win and wasn't surprised that they got overpowered most of the game, but they didn't even show up. The coaches did NOT have them ready to play at all (im sure the stupid BCS 1+month off didn't help). This game was more of a blow to th coaching than to Te'o himself.

Yeah maybe it was because Alabama is bigger and stronger but boy those notre dame kids looked gassed. And that is coaching.

Guru
01-10-2013, 03:39 AM
Glad Teo took himself out of the conversation in that game. Personally, I can easily see him falling to the second round.

Oh, I wouldn't draft him there either.