PDA

View Full Version : A&m joeckel left tackle declares

whackojacko58
01-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Ok so one of the best pro sure things joeckel has declared for the 2013 nfl draft. With albert being a free agent we could look to take the best prospect in this draft fill the most important position on the o line which keeps us from stretching for a qb. That would then allow us to take a qb either by trading back into the first or fall in love with a qb in the secound.

brdempsey69
01-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Ok so one of the best pro sure things joeckel has declared for the 2013 nfl draft. With albert being a free agent we could look to take the best prospect in this draft fill the most important position on the o line which keeps us from stretching for a qb. That would then allow us to take a qb either by trading back into the first or fall in love with a qb in the second.

It could play out that way. Or, the possibility of Jake Long not being resigned by the Dolphins & maybe the Chiefs land him and then trade down from the 1st pick and land a QB such as Tyler Wilson. When Long is healthy, he's one of the best and besides he wears #77, which has been a charm for Chiefs LT's wearing that number. That wouldn't be such a bad scenario.

jason1981
01-08-2013, 07:17 PM
No to jake long. Hes good but overrated and will demand to much money.

brdempsey69
01-08-2013, 07:59 PM
No to jake long. Hes good but overrated and will demand to much money.

Overrated, no. Injury prone, yes. And yes, he might want too much money. But, when he's healthy, he's one of the best. He completely manhandled Hali in the game in 2011.

nigeriannightmare
01-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Just thinking. We keep Albert move him to his natural position of left guard and then we have joeckel, Stephenson and Winston at the tackle spot. That could be a scary good line.

brdempsey69
01-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Just thinking. We keep Albert move him to his natural position of left guard and then we have joeckel, Stephenson and Winston at the tackle spot. That could be a scary good line.

And they might still land a decent QB prospect at pick #34. People say that there's "no luck or RG III" in this draft, but they may mean opening day starters by that. There are multiple QB prospects, however, that could be starters by seasons end. Donovan McNabb was not an opening day starter in 1999, even though Reid took him at #2.

Oh, and one more thing. What becomes of Stanzi under Reid? Does he blossom or bust? Can't get a true reading on him based on the coaches he's been under thus far in KC.

And yes, I'd love to see a scary good O-Line like they had under Dick Vermeil.

Coach
01-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Letting Albert go and using the #1 overall pick on a LT is the equivalent of forfeiting the #1 pick in my opinion. You must either sign or tag Albert. He has earned a new contract. Hopefully sign him so you can tag Bowe again.

#58ChiefsFan
01-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Letting Albert go and using the #1 overall pick on a LT is the equivalent of forfeiting the #1 pick in my opinion. You must either sign or tag Albert. He has earned a new contract. Hopefully sign him so you can tag Bowe again.

I don't want to get off track but I think having Reid now helps with Bowe and possibly not having to tag him.

Hopefully they can come to terms with Albert and possibly slide him down the line like the nightmare stated. Reid has been big about building solid lines.

70 chiefsfan70
01-08-2013, 10:36 PM

You are correct. It would not make any sense to let Albert go, unless of course he would just refuse to sign anything. Joeckle will be a stud, but likely not any better next year then Albert is.

Qb is way too big a need, to not get a qb in the first round, unless Coach Reid can sign a miracle qb in the off season.

nigeriannightmare
01-09-2013, 08:05 AM

Absolutely. But how good would the line be if Albert moves to left guard. Then we have some serious depth on the line and we are pretty damn young too. Pick up qb with pick 34.

Real quick why are we pick 34 and not 33.

#58ChiefsFan
01-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Absolutely. But how good would the line be if Albert moves to left guard. Then we have some serious depth on the line and we are pretty damn young too. Pick up qb with pick 34.

Real quick why are we pick 34 and not 33.

Because we tied in record with Jax so after round one we have to alternate with them.

kchiefs70
01-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Stupid idea.

Sign Albert.

Draft Geno Smith.

kchiefs70
01-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Just thinking. We keep Albert move him to his natural position of left guard .

OMG NO! Albert has played LT for FIVE seasons in the NFL.

Moving him now would be DUMB. He is a fine LT.

I love the Chiefs, but this fanbase is stupid.

Three7s
01-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Stupid idea.

Sign Albert.

Draft Geno Smith.
Quoted for truth.

chiefnut
01-09-2013, 10:39 AM
After joeckels performance he is probably will be the in demand #1 pick. albert has proven to be a solid LT so resign him and trade down in the 1st. take the best player available, hopefully CB, MLB, QB, C,G etc.. their should be a russel wilson or colin kapernik somewhere in round #2 or #3 if we don't take a QB in #1. Dalton and Ponder both turned out to be solid QBs so don't get caught up in the Geno hype, we'll do OK w/out him.

whackojacko58
01-09-2013, 10:43 AM
To late i heart geno

chiefnut
01-09-2013, 11:04 AM
To late i heart geno

U heart his baylor game, like everyone else. take his first 4 games away and in his last 8 games he is undistinguishable statwise from the next 4 QBs on the board. if we have a mid 1st round pick and he falls maybe worth a shot but not to use up the #1.
i have seen draft grades were he is #24 overall and in a few were he is #5, but most place him #10 to #15. and most of those still predict we take him #1. doesn't that say we are either stupid or desperate or maybe both?

nigeriannightmare
01-09-2013, 12:05 PM

What's stupid is not draftin the best player available. If a 37 ur old guard who has never played center can make the transition mid season. A natural left guard who excelled at it for years in college could make the transition with a full off season. You are right I am stupid. Does that make you feel more like a man now

KCCF
01-09-2013, 12:45 PM
After joeckels performance he is probably will be the in demand #1 pick. albert has proven to be a solid LT so resign him and trade down in the 1st. take the best player available, hopefully CB, MLB, QB, C,G etc.. their should be a russel wilson or colin kapernik somewhere in round #2 or #3 if we don't take a QB in #1. Dalton and Ponder both turned out to be solid QBs so don't get caught up in the Geno hype, we'll do OK w/out him.

Ponder turned out solid? Have you seen his numbers? Ponder is barely average. Had a 1-1 td/int (w/ 5 fumbles) ratio last year and 3-2 ratio this year with another 5 fumbles.

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 01:17 PM

Nothing stupid about it, at all. Albert played Guard in high school and college. The Chiefs had no business throwing him out at LT in the NFL. I will grant you he has stepped up his pass-protection to a point, but he's not an anchor or a clutch performer at LT by any means.

Hell, he couldn't even roadgrade a DB that he outweighed by 100 lb. in the Pitt game on Monday night, and instead tried to do the two-step waltz with him by grabbing the DB & twisting him around in open space and drawing a flag that negated a TD ( and yes, that was the correct call. You cannot grab a defender & twist him around like that in open space as that's always going to draw a flag ).

Albert does NOT warrant a franchise tag nor a big 10 million plus a year contract & he has back problems that may not go away. The Chiefs should only make him a reasonable offer & if he won't take it, then let him walk.

Therefore it looks like the stupidity amongst the Chiefs fanbase would include YOU at the top of the list.

Seek
01-09-2013, 01:28 PM
I don't see Albert resigning to play Guard. He believe his a pro-bowl LT, and will want to remain at LT either here or somewhere else.

N TX Dave
01-09-2013, 01:32 PM
What about Stephenson? He looked good at the end of the season filling for Albert and his bad back didn't he?

My take on Joeckle coming out for the draft is he is a true #1 pick and that means someone might be willing to trade picks with us to get him. I would like the consensus to be that he is the only one worth the #1 pick and several teams wanting him, they would work with us to get our 1st because we could always take him.

jap1
01-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Before his injuries, Albert was getting pro bowl talk by analysts. A good offseason of rehab and he should be fine. If his injuries start up again Stephenson did great and will fill in very well. Also consider he was doing well with who next to him? Lilja and the rookie Allen?

Albert is a near pro bowl talent who has never played guard in the NFL.

The best thing about joeckel coming out is that it creates some potential demand for the #1 pick, possibly giving us a trade partner.

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 01:39 PM
What about Stephenson? He looked good at the end of the season filling for Albert and his bad back didn't he?

My take on Joeckle coming out for the draft is he is a true #1 pick and that means someone might be willing to trade picks with us to get him. I would like the consensus to be that he is the only one worth the #1 pick and several teams wanting him, they would work with us to get our 1st because we could always take him.

I believe you are correct, by the time it's all said and done Stephenson will show the new regime enough to warrant not taking a LT at #1, but by the same token, there is no way they should put a franchise tag on Albert or pay him 10+ million dollars a season. They should make him a reasonable offer & if he won't take it, let him walk.

N TX Dave
01-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Oh I agree they should not franchise Albert at $10+ million especially with his back, backs may never be good once they are messed up. I fell backwards last summer and landed on my butt and my back is still not the same even after going to the Doctor a few times. You just never know with a back.

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 02:26 PM
jap1 is right about Joeckel creating trade down possibilities for the Chiefs, but I must differ with him about Albert. He's not the "be all, end all" of LT's and I don't think he's Pro Bowl caliber.

I hope your back gets better N TX Dave. Bad backs are a motherf****r to deal with.

kchiefs70
01-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Nothing stupid about it, at all. Albert played Guard in high school and college. The Chiefs had no business throwing him out at LT in the NFL. I will grant you he has stepped up his pass-protection to a point, but he's not an anchor or a clutch performer at LT by any means.

Hell, he couldn't even roadgrade a DB that he outweighed by 100 lb. in the Pitt game on Monday night, and instead tried to do the two-step waltz with him by grabbing the DB & twisting him around in open space and drawing a flag that negated a TD ( and yes, that was the correct call. You cannot grab a defender & twist him around like that in open space as that's always going to draw a flag ).

Albert does NOT warrant a franchise tag nor a big 10 million plus a year contract & he has back problems that may not go away. The Chiefs should only make him a reasonable offer & if he won't take it, then let him walk.

Therefore it looks like the stupidity amongst the Chiefs fanbase would include YOU at the top of the list.Drafting a LT to replace an already very good LT is nothing but a waste of a 1st rd pick. Stupid.

Come back when you've developed some football sense.

kchiefs70
01-09-2013, 02:31 PM
What's stupid is not draftin the best player available. If a 37 ur old guard who has never played center can make the transition mid season. A natural left guard who excelled at it for years in college could make the transition with a full off season. You are right I am stupid. Does that make you feel more like a man now

37? Lilja is 31.

Pioli and company were dumb for going into the season with out a true center.

kchiefs70
01-09-2013, 02:33 PM
jap1 is right about Joeckel creating trade down possibilities for the Chiefs, but I must differ with him about Albert. He's not the "be all, end all" of LT's and I don't think he's Pro Bowl caliber.

I hope your back gets better N TX Dave. Bad backs are a motherf****r to deal with.

Albert isn't a great LT, but he is very good and plenty good enough.

Sign him and draft a ****ing QB.

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Drafting a LT to replace an already very good LT is nothing but a waste of a 1st rd pick. Stupid.

In case you didn't know, Albert has a back problem and missed most of the 2nd half of the season. He's no longer under contract. He does not warrant a franchise tag or a 10+ million a year contract & they may ultimately let him walk.

It will be dependent on what the new regime thinks of Stephenson, not Albert, as to whether or not they decide to draft Joeckel ( and my guess is that Stephenson will show them enough to forsake drafting a LT ).

Don't tell me about how good Albert is when I can tell you for a fact that he's the most docile LT in Chiefs history I've ever seen that has started there 3+ years and I've watched this team for over 4 decades.

It's apparent to me, that you got the football sense equivalent of a rock by not taking Albert's back problem and his expired contract into consideration.

BTW, speaking of wasted picks, one must consider the way Pollard was let go in 2009 and Berry drafted at #5 overall to replace him. THAT right there is a far bigger waste than drafting Joeckel to replace Albert.

iachief
01-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Albert isn't a great LT, but he is very good and plenty good enough.

Sign him and draft a ****ing QB.

You don't draft a QB with the number 1 pick that is at best a late first round choice. This pick has to be smart since it is our "luck" that this is the worse QB draft in years and that is our glaring need. We have good talent and shoot, Trent Dilfer won a superbowl. You need good coaching, a good running game, and solid D and minimize turnovers. As much as would like us to have a QB, taking someone in this year's class at #1 would be trashing the pick as much as some think taking a LT would trash it. I agree that we should look at trading down and this declaration makes it much more attractive. If you can pick up a 2nd and 4th to move down 10 spots and then stretch for your QB, that may make some sense. However, if he grades out at a LT in the combines as good as he should, I would never be adverse to have Albert move to guard and getting a franchise LT.

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 03:05 PM
You don't draft a QB with the number 1 pick that is at best a late first round choice. This pick has to be smart since it is our "luck" that this is the worse QB draft in years and that is our glaring need. We have good talent and shoot, Trent Dilfer won a superbowl. You need good coaching, a good running game, and solid D and minimize turnovers. As much as would like us to have a QB, taking someone in this year's class at #1 would be trashing the pick as much as some think taking a LT would trash it. I agree that we should look at trading down and this declaration makes it much more attractive. If you can pick up a 2nd and 4th to move down 10 spots and then stretch for your QB, that may make some sense. However, if he grades out at a LT in the combines as good as he should, I would never be adverse to have Albert move to guard and getting a franchise LT.

Well said and people are forgetting that 1999 #1 draftee John Tait had never played RT, and yet the Chiefs moved him there when Willie Roaf was brought in back in 2002. How did that work out? Quite splendidly.

N TX Dave
01-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Drafting a LT to replace an already very good LT is nothing but a waste of a 1st rd pick. Stupid.

Well when a little better than average LT with back problems wants to be paid like a top 5 LT for over $10 million a year and you can draft someone that does not have a back problem for half the money that makes football cap sense. If he resigns for a reasonable contract you can keep him and HOPE his back heals and pray his back stays healed.

And yes my back is better but not quit as good as before, now when a bump into a wall and sometimes when I bend over my back hurts a little, especially when bending over to work and a car.

chiefnut
01-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Ponder turned out solid? Have you seen his numbers? Ponder is barely average. Had a 1-1 td/int (w/ 5 fumbles) ratio last year and 3-2 ratio this year with another 5 fumbles.
i am not a ponder fan but he did lead his team to the playoffs and look at what they did w/o him

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Well when a little better than average LT with back problems wants to be paid like a top 5 LT for over $10 million a year and you can draft someone that does not have a back problem for half the money that makes football cap sense. If he resigns for a reasonable contract you can keep him and HOPE his back heals and pray his back stays healed.

And yes my back is better but not quit as good as before, now when a bump into a wall and sometimes when I bend over my back hurts a little, especially when bending over to work and a car.

Good point and hope your back continues to improve.

The main point here is there are a lot of possibilities that have come open to the Chiefs now with Joeckel declaring. I want a quality QB as much as anybody, but I also want a 1st-rate O-Line in front of that QB and right now the Chiefs have neither.

chiefnut
01-09-2013, 03:35 PM
lets drop all the name calling, if someone does not agree w/u or live up to your intellectual standards, then deal w/it, live w/it and be adult enuf to NOT resort to name calling.

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 03:48 PM
lets drop all the name calling, if someone does not agree w/u or live up to your intellectual standards, then deal w/it, live w/it and be adult enuf to NOT resort to name calling.

You need to direct this towards kchiefs70 specifically -- he's the one who started with the statement about the Chiefs fanbase being "stupid".

How you deal with it is your own discretion, but let me assure you, I will fire it back 1000-fold & I don't care what anyone thinks of that.

chiefnut
01-09-2013, 04:10 PM
You need to direct this towards kchiefs70 specifically -- he's the one who started with the statement about the Chiefs fanbase being "stupid".

How you deal with it is your own discretion, but let me assure you, I will fire it back 1000-fold & I don't care what anyone thinks of that.

it is directed at anyone who resorts to name calling or personal attacks during an argument. these forums are a place were we can openly voice our opinions and debate the merits of those opinions against opposing views. if the best someone can come up with to reinforce their point is to call them a name like "stupid" or "moron" then that hardly warrants a reply. they should just be ignored untill they retuen to more constructive ways of arguing their point. heyna or no!!:meow:

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 04:23 PM
it is directed at anyone who resorts to name calling or personal attacks during an argument. these forums are a place were we can openly voice our opinions and debate the merits of those opinions against opposing views. if the best someone can come up with to reinforce their point is to call them a name like "stupid" or "moron" then that hardly warrants a reply. they should just be ignored untill they retuen to more constructive ways of arguing their point. heyna or no!!:meow:

Or they can have it fed back to them to unkindly correct their a$$ -- depends on one's point of view doesn't it?

Anyway, back on topic, I can't help but wonder, what if the Chiefs can't trade down? What if there are no takers? Then what? Some will say "take the QB", and then some will say "take the best player available" & that's where the division seems to be amongst Chief fans.

prough91
01-09-2013, 04:36 PM
I would like to see them trade down personally, but as Dempsey said, we'd have to find a taker.

Three7s
01-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Good point and hope your back continues to improve.

The main point here is there are a lot of possibilities that have come open to the Chiefs now with Joeckel declaring. I want a quality QB as much as anybody, but I also want a 1st-rate O-Line in front of that QB and right now the Chiefs have neither.
I think the QB need is much higher than the OL needs. I think Stephenson still has potenial, as does Allen. We may not ever get the #1 pick again. I think you have to jump on a QB.

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 05:00 PM
I think the QB need is much higher than the OL needs. I think Stephenson still has potenial, as does Allen. We may not ever get the #1 pick again. I think you have to jump on a QB.

Yes, I do believe that QB, as of right now is the greater need. The big question is: Will there be any that will move up the draft board throughout the all-star games, combine, and individual workout processes? History does say YES -- Bradford in 2010, Newton in 2011. Many feel that there's no QB worth taking #1 overall as of right now, but that could change, as it did in 2010 and 2011. I certainly hope it does, for the Chiefs sake.

And yes, Stephenson and Allen do have potential & need to be given a fair chance. To me, Albert does not factor into this equation with his back problem and expired contract.

kchiefs70
01-09-2013, 05:30 PM
In case you didn't know, Albert has a back problem and missed most of the 2nd half of the season. He's no longer under contract. He does not warrant a franchise tag or a 10+ million a year contract & they may ultimately let him walk.

It will be dependent on what the new regime thinks of Stephenson, not Albert, as to whether or not they decide to draft Joeckel ( and my guess is that Stephenson will show them enough to forsake drafting a LT ).

Don't tell me about how good Albert is when I can tell you for a fact that he's the most docile LT in Chiefs history I've ever seen that has started there 3+ years and I've watched this team for over 4 decades.

It's apparent to me, that you got the football sense equivalent of a rock by not taking Albert's back problem and his expired contract into consideration.

BTW, speaking of wasted picks, one must consider the way Pollard was let go in 2009 and Berry drafted at #5 overall to replace him. THAT right there is a far bigger waste than drafting Joeckel to replace Albert.

LMAO Holy crap you are stupid

kchiefs70
01-09-2013, 05:33 PM

BAH! HA! Dumbass

This is a new era. You win with solid QB play. You NEED a good downfield passing game.

Have you been under a rock for the last decade?

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 05:47 PM
LMAO Holy crap you are stupid

The stupidity is obviously all on your side. In spite of what's been spelled out to you, here you are flaming people for not seeing things as you do ( and obviously you can't see at all as it's quite obvious that you got your head too far up your arse to see anything ).

And what for do you call iachief a dumbass when everything he said makes perfect sense? He wasn't saying anything disrespectful to you, he was simply pointing out things worthy of consideration. Did your mommy forget to change your diaper, fetch your formula for you & give a Baby-Pat-A-Burp doll to put on your shoulder so that you can cry on its shoulder, just because you can't handle somebody telling it like it is?

nigeriannightmare
01-09-2013, 05:54 PM
The stupidity is obviously all on your side. In spite of what's been spelled out to you, here you are flaming people for not seeing things as you do ( and obviously you can't see at all as it's quite obvious that you got your head too far up your arse to see anything ).

And what for do you call iachief a dumbass when everything he said makes perfect sense? He wasn't saying anything disrespectful to you, he was simply pointing out things worthy of consideration. Did your mommy forget to change your diaper, fetch your formula for you & give a Baby-Pat-A-Burp doll to put on your shoulder so that you can cry on its shoulder, just because you can't handle somebody telling it like it is?

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL! People who react like that aren't even worthy of a response. All see how ignorant they are.

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 06:02 PM
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL! People who react like that aren't even worthy of a response. All see how ignorant they are.

Already gone to the ignore list.

jap1
01-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Dempsey, I too have been thinking the same about pollard. Every time I see the Ravens play it annoys me to see him doing well. I cannot remember, was it Pioli or Haley that cut him halfway through the season, either way i was shocked when we cut him. I thought that was such a bad mistake. He was another good herm pick. I wonder where we would have gone in the draft had we picked him. Oh well, hindsight 20/20.

I agree that a lot depends on what they think of Stephenson.

I wonder what kind of OL Castillo ran, power blocking or zone blocking. That may also have a big effect.

N TX Dave
01-09-2013, 06:28 PM
All I will say is "stupid is as stupid does".

nigeriannightmare
01-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Dempsey, I too have been thinking the same about pollard. Every time I see the Ravens play it annoys me to see him doing well. I cannot remember, was it Pioli or Haley that cut him halfway through the season, either way i was shocked when we cut him. I thought that was such a bad mistake. He was another good herm pick. I wonder where we would have gone in the draft had we picked him. Oh well, hindsight 20/20.

I wonder what kind of OL Castillo ran, power blocking or zone blocking. That may also have a big effect.

Wasn't the knock on him poor in pass coverage??? He was probably a scapegoat. But yeah he has played well at Houston and Baltimore? And the media has and is flat out in love with Eric berry and we were projected to take him early in those mocks. Jared Allen, Rich Gannon, Scott Fujita we haven't made the best moves.

So Castillo who was the DC is the OL coach here. Not that I'm complaining just making sure i understand.

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 06:35 PM

They cut Pollard before the season even began, and I believe that both Haley and Pioli are to blame for that. Inexcusable to do that in that manner that they did & get nothing in return for him. It would have been one thing if he was a 2nd or 3rd stringer, but Pollard was a starter and granted his pass-coverage skills weren't supreme, but pretty much they have the same with Berry right now at SS. I'd like to see them move Berry to FS and let him have a crack at playing center fielder and give him the chance to make more plays on the ball.

Castillo was said to run a power blocking scheme & having seen Stephenson score a few pancake blocks in his limited time as a starter, if he works in weight room and gets stronger ( 19 reps at last years combine ), he's more than likely going to be a very good fit in that scheme.

kchiefs70
01-09-2013, 06:56 PM
LMAO ****ing retards

kchiefs70
01-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Come to Chiefs Planet so you can learn what real NFL football is all about.

kchiefs70
01-09-2013, 06:59 PM

Go **** your sister

nigeriannightmare
01-09-2013, 07:20 PM

Are you freaking kidding me. Chiefs fans can't even be chiefs fans seriously. You and that other punk come nock on my door 5728 Lydia Kansas City Mo and you'll see how much of a punk and dumb *** I am. I'm sick and tired of tough guys behind computers you better bring all of chiefs planet if you have the balls. You two little *****es.

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Are you freaking kidding me. Chiefs fans can't even be chiefs fans seriously. You and that other punk come nock on my door 5728 Lydia Kansas City Mo and you'll see how much of a punk and dumb *** I am. I'm sick and tired of tough guys behind computers you better bring all of chiefs planet if you have the balls. You two little *****es.

I'll 2nd that to kchiefs70. I'm in Great Falls, Montana and look closely at my avatar where is says USMC. They train the worlds finest marksmen. And here's something below for kchiefs70 to clean the sand out of his vagina:

http://www.brdempsey69.com/douche.jpg

2010chiefs
01-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Nightmare don't give in to this loser. I wanted to turn ghetto on this POS too but I won't. It's what he wants. I won't show my nasty side on here. He is a joke that needs attention. He get's none at home!

matthewschiefs
01-09-2013, 07:37 PM
LMAO ****ing retards

So if we are ****ing retards why would you want us at Chiefs planet :sign0023::lamende::blows::mancard::plus1:

nigeriannightmare
01-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Nightmare don't give in to this loser. I wanted to turn ghetto on this POS too but I won't. It's what he wants. I won't show my nasty side on here. He is a joke that needs attention. He get's none at home!

Yeah I gave in I don't think anyone on here is gotten me this wound up like the three that popped outta no where today.

jap1
01-09-2013, 07:44 PM

So Castillo who was the DC is the OL coach here. Not that I'm complaining just making sure i understand.

Castillo was a longtime OL coach in Philly until Reid made him the DC in 2011. I think he was an OL or TE coach for nearly 10 years.

2010chiefs
01-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Great input from both sides though. I desperately want a QB but at what price. At this point IMO at any price but I could be wrong. I'm hoping one of these QB's blow us away and seperate themselves from the pack.

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Great input from both sides though. I desperately want a QB but at what price. At this point IMO at any price but I could be wrong. I'm hoping one of these QB's blow us away and seperate themselves from the pack.

The Senior Bowl, combine, and private workouts are huge for both Wilson and Glennon. They have a chance to really bolster their draft stock.

Geno was advised by his agent not to play in the Senior Bowl ( or so I've heard ) and Barkley is hurt ( I'm not against taking Barkley at #34 if he were there because that ain't bad value ).

No doubt the quality QB has to come from somewhere.

Lord-Chiefy
01-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Barkley wouldn't even be worth a 7th rd pick.

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Barkley wouldn't even be worth a 7th rd pick.

I don't think you could push him down quite that far, as in completely undrafted. Of course, he'd be worth a 7th round pick. After all, he probably would have went in Round 1 in 2012 had he came out early.

Lord-Chiefy
01-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Yea and some team would have ended up with worse then Matt.

brdempsey69
01-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Yea and some team would have ended up with worse then Matt.

Barkley worse than Matt Cassel? At least Barkley was a starter for multiple seasons at USC compared to Cassel being a backup his whole time there.

Fill me in, what is it you dislike so much about Barkley that you wouldn't draft him?

N TX Dave
01-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Barkley worse than Matt Cassel? At least Barkley was a starter for multiple seasons at USC compared to Cassel being a backup his whole time there.

Fill me in, what is it you dislike so much about Barkley that you wouldn't draft him?

He played for USC which surrounds the QB with a lot of talent that makes him look better than he is.

brdempsey69
01-10-2013, 09:02 PM
He played for USC which surrounds the QB with a lot of talent that makes him look better than he is.

True, but Barkley can still throw the football better than Cassel. At least that was the case prior to his injury. Maybe he is permanently damaged goods. We'll know when the combine comes around. I don't know if he's be a reach at #34 in the 2nd round, although if , and that's BIG if, they were able snag Tyler Wilson at #34, that would be great value.

Three7s
01-10-2013, 09:14 PM
True, but Barkley can still throw the football better than Cassel. At least that was the case prior to his injury. Maybe he is permanently damaged goods. We'll know when the combine comes around. I don't know if he's be a reach at #34 in the 2nd round, although if , and that's BIG if, they were able snag Tyler Wilson at #34, that would be great value.
Matt Barkley is Matt Cassel with more accuracy. Barkley could be pretty good in a system designed around the WCO where he doesn't have to make any big throws. He should be a classic manage the game QB.

Better than Cassel, but I want an elite QB, not a game manager.

brdempsey69
01-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Matt Barkley is Matt Cassel with more accuracy. Barkley could be pretty good in a system designed around the WCO where he doesn't have to make any big throws. He should be a classic manage the game QB.

Better than Cassel, but I want an elite QB, not a game manager.

It depends on what happens between now & April as far as that "elite" QB goes. It could play out that Andy Reid doesn't see any of those QB's to be elite enough to take at #1.

REMEMBER: Every QB that the Chiefs have taken in the draft since 1970 has been a bust. Double-dipping at the QB position in rounds 2 and 3 could pay off, while taking a guy like Joeckel at #1, if they go that route.

Also, the best QB ever was not taken in round 1. Joe Montana was taken #82 overall in round 3 in 1979 -- the very same year the Chiefs chose Steve Fuller in round 1 of that same draft.

Chiefster
01-10-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm hoping that Reid's draft experience will serve us well, and whatever position we draft first will be great pick.

Guru
01-11-2013, 04:29 AM
We need a QB. Do not waste this pick.

Chiefster
01-11-2013, 11:22 AM
We need a QB. Do not waste this pick.

We do need a QB, but who in this draft do we use a number one overall on?

Lord-Chiefy
01-11-2013, 11:46 AM
I've watched Barkley a lot. He like cassell telegraphes throws and can't read a d.. no thanks.. and he's damaged goods!!!!

brdempsey69
01-11-2013, 01:41 PM
I've watched Barkley a lot. He like cassell telegraphes throws and can't read a d.. no thanks.. and he's damaged goods!!!!

Very well. EmDiggy just rated him as a 3rd rounder. Plus, like you said he's damaged goods. He really cost himself going back to USC for his senior year.