PDA

View Full Version : 1 more chance at QB?

lordchillz
01-09-2013, 07:16 PM
I know I will be crucified for bringing this up but is it too crazy to give Cassel one more chance? I won't argue that he has many flaws, but ... Did he truly get a chance to thrive? This past season has so many negatives that I don't think any QB would've thrived in this coaching carousel,daboll offense,inconsistent O line,change at center, etc... I'm not saying name him the starter but really give him a chance with a QB friendly head coach. I definitley would bring in fa's and draft a QB for competition and possibly our new franchise QB but I not sure we should just run him out of town yet. I think the circus act we've had for the past 4 years is why many QB's and coaches past us up! Nobody wants to build on a chaotic program with such a tyrant as the gm. Now that we might have one of the greatest football minds in place, we might have a real chance to evaluate our QB talent. I must admit tho, I feel hypocritical making a case for cassel since it was pioli's choice to bring him in. Lol!

brdempsey69
01-09-2013, 07:24 PM
No flame here. I've heard they stand to take a big cap hit if they release him.

If Charlie Weis could get a productive season from him, then one would think Reid could also.

Cassel's problem is his track record against teams with winning records. I just can't see him being a Chief after 2013, as it's already been established that he doesn't have consistency when it comes to throwing the football.

nigeriannightmare
01-09-2013, 07:25 PM
I think we are going to see a similar situation to the 1999 iggles. Whomever we draft will end up the starter but I think full well he gives Cassel a shot.

lordchillz
01-09-2013, 07:32 PM
I just think all of the QB failures are not all on the QB if that doesn't sound too crazy. Lol!

matthewschiefs
01-09-2013, 07:33 PM
As I stated throughout the season Cassel took way to much blame for this season. The D was terrible a good amount of the year (Atlanta, Buffalo,Tampa,Chargers twice,Browns yes they had a good half but theres a 2nd half,Cincy,Denver @denver) That's half the year. SO many wanted to ignore that but I don't We had a coaching staff whos playcalling was being laughed at by commentators we had Wrs having balls hit them in the hands and tip them to defenders. There was so much outside the QB spot that went wrong for Cassel to get the blame for the season. When you have all those problems you have to point at the coaching staff and say they were the biggest problem. They didn't put 1 player in a spot to do well Cassel included

Now that being said Cassel has to take his blame as well. He has had time to show that he can be the guy. He has had a chance to show that he can do something and hasn't really besides 2010. He regressed it's time to take the cap hit and move on IMO. He just hasn't done enough to get anther shot.

2010chiefs
01-09-2013, 07:40 PM
He can compete for the third string job IMO.

Lord-Chiefy
01-09-2013, 08:49 PM
I'm down for Matt with o-line help and some frikin Arial weapons.

N TX Dave
01-09-2013, 09:15 PM
I'm down for Matt with o-line help and some frikin Arial weapons.

I get so upset at our WR's as a group I watch other teams and wonder why they make so many good catches and ours can't even make standard catches when the ball hits them in the hands.

Polleo Pit Man
01-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Matt needs to go to the Pee-Wee leagues! My 11 year old daughter has a stronger and more consistent arm then Cassel!!! And I'm not joking at ALL!!!!!

slc chief
01-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Matt needs to go to the Pee-Wee leagues! My 11 year old daughter has a stronger and more consistent arm then Cassel!!! And I'm not joking at ALL!!!!!

this is a joke right. cassel has got to go nobody will ever win a superbowl with him. should we bring tyler thigpen and brodie croyle in to back him up to.

SBV_Eagle_Bull
01-09-2013, 11:34 PM
:chiefs: Matt Cassel was under a lot of pressure last season, he had to look over his shoulder, cause RAC 1st round pick needed another shot in the NFL. (Brady Quinn). Matts WRs could not handle the ball. O-line looked sketchey, and coaching was a mess. Plus he had yet another OC.
I'm very undecided if I would like to see what he can do at the QB position this coming season.
But Andy Reid is known for his ability to help the QB, and Matt Cassel seems like he's a good fit for Reids system. Plus I can't help but notice the stats KC CHIEFS put up in the begining of the season. They were neck in neck with a lot of teams in Yards per game. and many other stats, I believe the turnovers lost us the majority of games.

I trust in Reids decision on who will start at QB. The man has a lot of talent to work with, and he gets the pick of the litter in every round of the 2013 draft.

GO CHIEFS

LargoChief
01-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Tough call, he's a nice guy, dealt with a lot of change and in reality who wouldn't do crappy with Todd Haley as your coworker. The whole cap hit issue sucks but I have been beyond pissed way too many times this year to not want a change. Sometimes in life it just doesn't work, kinda like that ex you think might be worth another chance but whether it be due to past issues or the inability to truly change, it just doesn't happen. Go chiefs!

Three7s
01-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Are you people kidding me? This just in:

MATT CASSEL WAS THE WORST QB IN THE NFL LAST YEAR AND IT WASN'T CLOSE!

Not only that, he has NEVER BEEN GOOD! Stop with this "Give him a chance!" nonsense and cut the loser and say good riddance along with Pioli!

prough91
01-10-2013, 12:18 AM
I never agreed with them getting Cassell. I thought it was dumb in the first place. I would have rather they stuck with Thigpen running the pistol for another year and try to find someone else. Seriously, would they have been worse with Thigpen? My boss and I argued about this constantly at work. I was glad to finally be proved right!

Guru
01-10-2013, 03:40 AM
Good God people. What has Cassel done to deserve ANOTHER chance? That is crazy talk. Releasing him does more for the Chiefs than keeping him at this point.

Hell, I didn't want him from the get go and Pioli trading for him was a HUGE strike one in my book.

N TX Dave
01-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Good God people. What has Cassel done to deserve ANOTHER chance? That is crazy talk. Releasing him does more for the Chiefs than keeping him at this point.

Hell, I didn't want him from the get go and Pioli trading for him was a HUGE strike one in my book.

If we draft 2 QB you need a veteran around till the rookies are ready and to help teach them. If we do get Geno he needs a mentor and Cassel would make a good mentor because of his team first attitude and work ethic. I think Cassel will make a good coach in the future. Now do I want him as our savior next year HE11 NO. Anyhow in Andy I trust the QB situation if he wants to keep him around fine.

Seek
01-10-2013, 12:37 PM
No flame here. I've heard they stand to take a big cap hit if they release him.

If Charlie Weis could get a productive season from him, then one would think Reid could also.

Cassel's problem is his track record against teams with winning records. I just can't see him being a Chief after 2013, as it's already been established that he doesn't have consistency when it comes to throwing the football.

I have heard the opposite. As far as cap hits, his contract was front loaded with Guarantees making his contract favorable to release after three years. He is due like a 3 million dollar oster bonus this year in addition to an increase in his Salary making him close to 10 million cap hit if retained.

I am just picking that up from listening to people on the radio so I have not idea how factual that is. Might actually be from a source I trust very little but can't recall for sure.

Seek
01-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Are you people kidding me? This just in:

MATT CASSEL WAS THE WORST QB IN THE NFL LAST YEAR AND IT WASN'T CLOSE!

Not only that, he has NEVER BEEN GOOD! Stop with this "Give him a chance!" nonsense and cut the loser and say good riddance along with Pioli!

This is opinion, not Fact, but he was pretty bad and statistically horrible in regards to turn overs. Blaine Gabbert was worse QB among starters. Brady Quinn's stats proves that he was much worse than Cassel. Then again, I watched every game and thought the Play calling was horrific and the entire offense looked like crap except for J. Charles. I mean running on 3rd and 8 down by 7 with three minutes left in a game. Come one. They were specially horrific from the 30 to goal. I saw a completely different Cassel from three years ago and know coaching ruined him. He may be completely broken Mentally, but is a very servicable Back up/competition for the Soon to be starter for the Chiefs.

Fact of the matter, and I think this is why many people are saying to give him another shot. This team will need a veteran QB on the team. Not to be named Starter, but someone as a back/mentor/competition for a drafted Qb. Name who you will replace Cassel to fill this role without your biased hatred for sucking the last two years.

Matt Flynn - He is Matt Cassel, Jr and will require a draft pick of some significance to acquire.

Michael Vick - UH is it no coincidence that Andy Reid had two horrible years leading up to his firing at Philly with Vick as his QB. There is more to it yes, but the guy was competing with Cassel in turn overs, which Philly could never over come. I dont see any reason anyone would want Vick here, other than his athletic ability that Reid has tried to control by making him a pocket passer. Which was great the one year that got Vick his contract and forced Reid to stick with him and then fired for.

Really there is no Veteran QB out there without making some kind of block buster type of trade better than Cassel. I understand fans turned on him for obvious reasons, but the acceptance you are hearing from people now to give him a secon chance is people seeing that realistically is very probable he stays and they are mentally preparing themselve to accept it.

brdempsey69
01-10-2013, 02:02 PM
I have heard the opposite. As far as cap hits, his contract was front loaded with Guarantees making his contract favorable to release after three years. He is due like a 3 million dollar oster bonus this year in addition to an increase in his Salary making him close to 10 million cap hit if retained.

I am just picking that up from listening to people on the radio so I have not idea how factual that is. Might actually be from a source I trust very little but can't recall for sure.

If this is correct, then there's no reason to keep him under that contract & it should be restructured. He simply cannot throw the football consistently well.

jap1
01-10-2013, 02:25 PM
I don't see any way he comes back with the same contract. He is either getting cut or restructuring. With a reasonable contract, I wouldn't mind him here under a legit competition, or purely as a backup.

Seek
01-10-2013, 02:55 PM
I don't see any way he comes back with the same contract. He is either getting cut or restructuring. With a reasonable contract, I wouldn't mind him here under a legit competition, or purely as a backup.

I agree with you, but to Be honest, there are so many Chiefs Fans that just want him gone. Andy will be walking a thin line just for retaining Cassel and if he happens to Start him opening day due to how things progress in the off season. He will speed up his honey moon status with many disgruntled fans and be on the hot seat quick.

nigeriannightmare
01-10-2013, 04:30 PM
I agree with you, but to Be honest, there are so many Chiefs Fans that just want him gone. Andy will be walking a thin line just for retaining Cassel and if he happens to Start him opening day due to how things progress in the off season. He will speed up his honey moon status with many disgruntled fans and be on the hot seat quick.

Or we can hope that Andy Reid's analysis of a QB holds more water than Scott Pioli's and fans will take him for his word. It sounded as if he fully is gonna give Cassel a shot. Reid even commented on the revolving door of OCs.

N TX Dave
01-10-2013, 04:58 PM
He is scheduled to make $7,500,000 this years not the $10+ million reported still a lot. Check out all salaries here (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/yearly/)

jap1
01-10-2013, 05:46 PM
He is scheduled to make $7,500,000 this years not the $10+ million reported still a lot. Check out all salaries here (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/yearly/)

Awesome link. Thanks. Interesting to see JC is making so little $$$. I mean Studebaker is freaking making more than him next year?!

N TX Dave
01-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Yes but last year and year before last JC made over $3,250,000 each so it was front loaded but still not enough for what he is to this team and we do not know what incentives he has, he had $1,583,333 this year so total of 4,833,333, the chart is just base pay.

Eydugstr
01-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Tough call, he's a nice guy, dealt with a lot of change and in reality who wouldn't do crappy with Todd Haley as your coworker. The whole cap hit issue sucks but I have been beyond pissed way too many times this year to not want a change. Sometimes in life it just doesn't work, kinda like that ex you think might be worth another chance but whether it be due to past issues or the inability to truly change, it just doesn't happen. Go chiefs!

+1. He's not a bad guy. I'd think that keeping Cassel would create a lot of negative drama that we just don't need. Sometimes a change of scenery is what's needed.

matthewschiefs
01-10-2013, 07:50 PM
+1. He's not a bad guy. I'd think that keeping Cassel would create a lot of negative drama that we just don't need. Sometimes a change of scenery is what's needed.

Agree, I think that's the case here. Just look at how the fans have acted towards Cassel this year. I don't see anyway they can really bring him back

2010chiefs
01-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Like I said. Let him compete for the 3rd string job and he can mentor from there. We need 1 more servicable QB and one starting QB.

justink
01-10-2013, 10:34 PM
I think he would probably be good for a backup.

fairladyZ
01-11-2013, 12:31 AM
i think if he redid his contract then i would love for matt to stay on the team, he's a big cap hit if we keep him and a big one if we cut him so it's either way, i'd rather have him restructure his deal, and have him compete with whoever we get in FA and draft. Matt has killer work ethic and everyone says he's a hardcore film guy studying. I personally think he's got a raw deal in KC and he still could be good, but i'm sure if we didn't bring in LEGIT competition for him and he stepped out onto the field as our starter next year there would be a riot. But if we get GOOD competition for him and he does win it then i trust reid.

Anyway the ball rolls or who we get i trust reid.. Go Chiefs

N TX Dave
01-11-2013, 02:09 AM
fairladyZ I agree with you on this. Even if we draft Geno people don't think he is ready to start right off the bat, so if Cassel can beat the other QB (who ever that is) he starts the season and teaches Geno work ethics and team play (mentors him) and turn it over to Geno after the bye or whenever Reid thinks he is ready. Reid is going to bring in competition at the QB we do not know who it is at this time but if Reid thinks Cassel is the best option I will go along with Reid, he knows a lot more than we do about QBs in here, as much as we don't think so sometimes.

Guru
01-11-2013, 04:24 AM
If we draft 2 QB you need a veteran around till the rookies are ready and to help teach them. If we do get Geno he needs a mentor and Cassel would make a good mentor because of his team first attitude and work ethic. I think Cassel will make a good coach in the future. Now do I want him as our savior next year HE11 NO. Anyhow in Andy I trust the QB situation if he wants to keep him around fine.

team first? Cassel never accepts blame for anything. He grades out perfectly. Please. I wouldn't want him trying to ruin our fresh new rookies. Get him the hell out of KC as fast as possible.

Chiefster
01-11-2013, 11:24 AM
team first? Cassel never accepts blame for anything. He grades out perfectly. Please. I wouldn't want him trying to ruin our fresh new rookies. Get him the hell out of KC as fast as possible.

I read ya man, but who is going to pick up his contract?

Guru
01-12-2013, 03:15 AM
I read ya man, but who is going to pick up his contract?

who cares. release him

MyManHali
01-12-2013, 04:57 AM
:chiefs: Matt Cassel was under a lot of pressure last season, he had to look over his shoulder, cause RAC 1st round pick needed another shot in the NFL. (Brady Quinn). Matts WRs could not handle the ball. O-line looked sketchey, and coaching was a mess. Plus he had yet another OC.
I'm very undecided if I would like to see what he can do at the QB position this coming season.
But Andy Reid is known for his ability to help the QB, and Matt Cassel seems like he's a good fit for Reids system. Plus I can't help but notice the stats KC CHIEFS put up in the begining of the season. They were neck in neck with a lot of teams in Yards per game. and many other stats, I believe the turnovers lost us the majority of games.

I trust in Reids decision on who will start at QB. The man has a lot of talent to work with, and he gets the pick of the litter in every round of the 2013 draft.

GO CHIEFS

Does Andy Reid's offense consist of dink and dunk? How does Cassel fit Reid's offense? Cassel has one of the lowest YPA in the league, it has been that way since he has been here.

MyManHali
01-12-2013, 04:58 AM

Exactly, I have never once seen him take a game on his back and win it nor accept blame after a loss.

The guy makes me sick.

MyManHali
01-12-2013, 05:00 AM
I cant believe we have people here, after seeing the worst offense in the league still want to give Cassel another chance.

It's just mind boggling.

nigeriannightmare
01-12-2013, 08:31 AM
I cant believe we have people here, after seeing the worst offense in the league still want to give Cassel another chance.

It's just mind boggling.

Did you listen at to Andy Reid on the Jim Rome show. And then to Clark and Andy on the radio yesterday. Andy Reid said Matt has the talent, he's had six playbooks in 6 years of course he's not consistent. He's gonna give Matt a try i hate to be the bearer of bad news. Then they both went on to say, and this is local radio not national mind you, that there is no clear cut number one QB. That's straight from the horses mouth.

So, PURELY HYPOTHETICAL, what if Andy Reid says Matt is our guy?????

nigeriannightmare
01-12-2013, 08:39 AM

It's just mind boggling.

I saw your response in another post. Regardless of who we get they are gonna have to beat out Matt cassel unless of course he is cut which means we will have to bring in another veteran QB. Who know who the eff that could be.

MyManHali
01-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Did you listen at to Andy Reid on the Jim Rome show. And then to Clark and Andy on the radio yesterday. Andy Reid said Matt has the talent, he's had six playbooks in 6 years of course he's not consistent. He's gonna give Matt a try i hate to be the bearer of bad news. Then they both went on to say, and this is local radio not national mind you, that there is no clear cut number one QB. That's straight from the horses mouth.

So, PURELY HYPOTHETICAL, what if Andy Reid says Matt is our guy?????

He is a flat passing, noodle armed, non accurate QB. I assure you he will be released.

And if he isn't I will declare war yet again on this franchise, as I did with the Pioli regime.

MyManHali
01-12-2013, 04:07 PM
I saw your response in another post. Regardless of who we get they are gonna have to beat out Matt cassel unless of course he is cut which means we will have to bring in another veteran QB. Who know who the eff that could be.

He will be gone. Pioli is gone, now Cassel remains.

Eydugstr
01-13-2013, 04:54 AM
He is a flat passing, noodle armed, non accurate QB.

What is Tyler Palko up to these days?
:beat_DeadHorse:

swochief
01-13-2013, 08:57 AM

GO CHIEFS

Alot of those stats came in garbage time.

ctchiefsfan
01-14-2013, 12:20 PM
I REALLY want to see Cassel gone! For me, he has worn out his welcome. That said, I'm not confident that there is a QB in the draft that can start for an NFL team right off the bat.

So it seems to me that we have to have a veteran QB on the team at least for next year. Quinn? Cassel? Can't say either one pleases me much.

Ultimately, Reid is going to want the very best QB he can get and if he feels that Cassel is the best he can get for next year then I can live with that. Not very happily, but I'm pretty sure Reid realizes how much we need a good QB and will do everything he can to get us one.

I don't like it, but on this one I think I just have to trust Reid's judgement

matthewschiefs
01-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Exactly, I have never once seen him take a game on his back and win it nor accept blame after a loss.

The guy makes me sick.

This is a clear example of you just hating Matt Cassel. Watch his post game interviews he says a number of times that it starts with him. I no you don't like him but be honest when giving your opinion. Just because he doesn't take all the blame up there after every loss like you think he should doesn't mean he's not accepting blame. I have yet to see one loss by this team that was all Matt Cassel's fault.

matthewschiefs
01-14-2013, 12:47 PM
I REALLY want to see Cassel gone! For me, he has worn out his welcome. That said, I'm not confident that there is a QB in the draft that can start for an NFL team right off the bat.

So it seems to me that we have to have a veteran QB on the team at least for next year. Quinn? Cassel? Can't say either one pleases me much.

Ultimately, Reid is going to want the very best QB he can get and if he feels that Cassel is the best he can get for next year then I can live with that. Not very happily, but I'm pretty sure Reid realizes how much we need a good QB and will do everything he can to get us one.

I don't like it, but on this one I think I just have to trust Reid's judgement

I'm in the same boat. Cassel hasn't done anything to keep the job But if Reid thinks he can work with Cassel I will trust Reid

whackojacko58
01-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Sign vick, he knows reids offense he can help speed the offensive players catch up, draft geno let him be groomed by reid (if reid wants geno) im not saying vicks the guy but he can help the offense plus has a chip on his shoulder and would allow geno to watch and not force him to be thrown in

Chiefster
01-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Sign vick, he knows reids offense he can help speed the offensive players catch up, draft geno let him be groomed by reid (if reid wants geno) im not saying vicks the guy but he can help the offense plus has a chip on his shoulder and would allow geno to watch and not force him to be thrown in

I read ya; I just don't like the guy and, yeah, it's because of his dog fighting conviction. I guess at the end of the day though, in the grand scheme of things, when all the smoke clears and the dust settles if bringing him in to get the offense going gets us to "the promised land" then, as a Chiefs fan, I'd just have to grin and baer it.

...Not that I'd ever have a say in the matter. :lol:

ctchiefsfan
01-14-2013, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with that. I just think that at least for next year we will have to have a veteran QB on the Roster. I'd have no problem with Vick and I can live with Cassel if Reid feels that is the way we have to go in the short run.

QB is our biggest single problem and I just don't see a Luck or RGIII available in the draft. So I think we just have to trust Reid on this.

whackojacko58
01-14-2013, 01:32 PM
I read ya; I just don't like the guy and, yeah, it's because of his dog fighting conviction. I guess at the end of the day though, in the grand scheme of things, when all the smoke clears and the dust settles if bringing him in to get the offense going gets us to "the promised land" then, as a Chiefs fan, I'd just have to grin and baer it.

...Not that I'd ever have a say in the matter. :lol:

:lol:

Seek
01-14-2013, 01:46 PM

The guy makes me sick.

Cassel took the St. Louis game on his back just after having his appendix out. Just the first one that comes to mind. I have seen him do it more than once, as he tends to be a better QB when they are in a hurry up situation. I have also seen him make some very poor throws in late game situations.

Seek
01-14-2013, 01:55 PM

Vick is a very big reason Reid got fired and I may be wrong, but was benched for turning the ball over more than Cassel putting their poor defense in bad situations tha they could not over come.

I believe Vick was forced upon Andy Reid because he is not the style of QB for his West Coast Offense.

Given that, I love my dogs very much and can not respect anyone for kililng animals they way he and his friends did so I am strongly biased against him for that and will greatly be upset with Reid if he does reunite Vick with the Levenworth viewing area.

Chiefster
01-14-2013, 01:59 PM
:lol:

The mere thought of it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

N TX Dave
01-14-2013, 02:03 PM

How did that work out last year for Reid with Vick? Vick is starting to be hurt a lot and not available.

Not really opposed to it just not sure it is a valid option. Vick is not big 6'0" and 215 lbs and will be 33 at start of next season so I fell he is close to the end of his career.

Eydugstr
01-14-2013, 05:45 PM
This is a clear example of you just hating Matt Cassel. Watch his post game interviews he says a number of times that it starts with him. I no you don't like him but be honest when giving your opinion. Just because he doesn't take all the blame up there after every loss like you think he should doesn't mean he's not accepting blame. I have yet to see one loss by this team that was all Matt Cassel's fault.

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if Reid comes out and finds himself focusing on everything else in the offense BUT the qb & Jamaal Charles. After all the BS that happened with our recieving corps, not playing Breaston, dropped pass after dropped pass, lame blocking, poor route running etc etc...Don't sit in amazement when players face the wrath of a ticked off new coach, or if Dorsey starts ditching reciever after reciever trying to sort it out.

It's not all Cassel's fault. Keep in mind this past season was the season of "stand by coach" responsibility.

MyManHali
01-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Cassel took the St. Louis game on his back just after having his appendix out. Just the first one that comes to mind. I have seen him do it more than once, as he tends to be a better QB when they are in a hurry up situation. I have also seen him make some very poor throws in late game situations.

Playing an average team and going 15/29 184 yards 1 td and 1 int is putting the team on your back?

Putting the team on your back is what Aaron rodgers did when his whole secondary went down with injuries in the super bowl, throwing for over 300 yards and 3 touchdowns, or Ben Roethlesberger leading his team down with 2 minutes to go and winning the super bowl.

We never saw him do it this year. The times he has played well or did something positive it was usually against a horrible team, anyone remember when it took him 5 whole quarters to put up 13 points against Buffalo.

I have seen enough of that idiot. I can't wait until we cut him.

MyManHali
01-14-2013, 06:17 PM

I didnt say every game, I said once. I dislike him because he was part of the worst offense I ahve ever seen this year. On top of that we paid him HUGE and i mean HUGE money. We invested YEARS into him and we find out he is a below average quarterback.

That is why I dislike him.

MyManHali
01-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if Reid comes out and finds himself focusing on everything else in the offense BUT the qb & Jamaal Charles. After all the BS that happened with our recieving corps, not playing Breaston, dropped pass after dropped pass, lame blocking, poor route running etc etc...Don't sit in amazement when players face the wrath of a ticked off new coach, or if Dorsey starts ditching reciever after reciever trying to sort it out.

It's not all Cassel's fault. Keep in mind this past season was the season of "stand by coach" responsibility.

We have to make some kind of wager on this, we should of had bets on Pioli for this year.

You guys don't think the Steelers game was his fault? I really don't remember but didnt he not pick up a first down in the second half and then threw the losing INT? We scored 13 points and had no offensive production from Cassel.

The Cassel supporters will never die, the excuses still come flooding in. He sucked and you know it, he didn't get the job done. He didn't do what he was paid so much money to do.

Make whatever excuse you want, but that is the bottomline. He will be released this year, just like Pioli he will be gone.

matthewschiefs
01-14-2013, 06:45 PM
I didnt say every game, I said once. I dislike him because he was part of the worst offense I ahve ever seen this year. On top of that we paid him HUGE and i mean HUGE money. We invested YEARS into him and we find out he is a below average quarterback.

That is why I dislike him.

So you dislike every offensive player? Bowe? Correct me if I'm wrong but ever offensive player was also a part of this crappy offense.

And you said you had not once seen him accept blame. That's just not the truth he would always say it starts with him. All i ask is to be just a little fair and not say things that are just not true

doobs_05
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't believe cassel can lead this team, but a lot of QBs can't when you have OC who have the worst play calling and WR tip balls for easy INTs, BUT cassel is still terrible and we need a new QB

matthewschiefs
01-14-2013, 06:50 PM
We have to make some kind of wager on this, we should of had bets on Pioli for this year.

You guys don't think the Steelers game was his fault? I really don't remember but didnt he not pick up a first down in the second half and then threw the losing INT? We scored 13 points and had no offensive production from Cassel.

The Cassel supporters will never die, the excuses still come flooding in. He sucked and you know it, he didn't get the job done. He didn't do what he was paid so much money to do.

Make whatever excuse you want, but that is the bottomline. He will be released this year, just like Pioli he will be gone.

No it wasn't Cassel's fault it was Cassel and a number of other things. Funny you don't mention that we missed a field goal and the game would never have gone to ot. Cassel's mistake cost us but funny how you never talk about the mistakes others make you no being a realist and all I would think you would make note of those as well.

MyManHali
01-15-2013, 04:08 PM
No it wasn't Cassel's fault it was Cassel and a number of other things. Funny you don't mention that we missed a field goal and the game would never have gone to ot. Cassel's mistake cost us but funny how you never talk about the mistakes others make you no being a realist and all I would think you would make note of those as well.

ROFL

MyManHali
01-15-2013, 04:09 PM
So you dislike every offensive player? Bowe? Correct me if I'm wrong but ever offensive player was also a part of this crappy offense.

And you said you had not once seen him accept blame. That's just not the truth he would always say it starts with him. All i ask is to be just a little fair and not say things that are just not true

We need to eliminate the ineffective players on offense.

Those would include: Baldwin, Hillis, Newsome, Cassel, Quinn for starters.

Three7s
01-15-2013, 04:37 PM

Hillis, McCluster, Maneri.....

Shoot, just about any offensive player outside of Bowe and Charles. I'll give a pass to Moeaki.

doobs_05
01-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Isn't McCluster our 2nd leading reciever? and i just looked it up he was third in recieving yards behind moaki by 1 yard but had the 2nd most receptions lol

matthewschiefs
01-15-2013, 07:36 PM
ROFL

See I can admit Cassel makes mistakes you being the "realist" that you are can't admit to the mistakes made by anyone but Cassel. That's your problem

I would give Baldwin 1 more chance. He's going into his 3rd season that's the season that they have to either put up or shut up. And I want to see him with a real head coach

The others I think will not be back

matthewschiefs
01-15-2013, 07:38 PM

Shoot, just about any offensive player outside of Bowe and Charles. I'll give a pass to Moeaki.

I think we should keep Mccluster he isn't being used right he has a value. He was averageing 5.8 yards per carry it's not his fault they only gave him 12 carries

swochief
01-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Chief recievers did drop alot of balls but that leads to another question.

Does Cassel throw a catchable ball ?
Maybe a combo of both ?

Not supporting Cassel , just know it wasn't all his fault. We need to move on from him and he needs a fresh start somewhere else. If he did have anything pioli ruined him w/ all the scheme changes since he arrived.

matthewschiefs
01-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Chief recievers did drop alot of balls but that leads to another question.

Does Cassel throw a catchable ball ?
Maybe a combo of both ?

Not supporting Cassel , just know it wasn't all his fault. We need to move on from him and he needs a fresh start somewhere else. If he did have anything pioli ruined him w/ all the scheme changes since he arrived.

It's a combo of both. Cassel's throw tend to be on the high end when they don't need to be. He can throw a better pass but there still catchable by the wr most of the time. Go back and watch the Bucs game. The difference in that game was there WRs made those catches that ours can't The passes are Catchable but they have shown they can't handle the high pass it was up to Cassel not to throw it up high then. Both the WRS and Cassel take the blame there.

MyManHali
01-15-2013, 11:32 PM
See I can admit Cassel makes mistakes you being the "realist" that you are can't admit to the mistakes made by anyone but Cassel. That's your problem

I would give Baldwin 1 more chance. He's going into his 3rd season that's the season that they have to either put up or shut up. And I want to see him with a real head coach

The others I think will not be back

No I admit when others make mistakes, the problem is Cassel has been the biggest make for this franchise.

MyManHali
01-15-2013, 11:34 PM

Jake O'connell. It's funny how every player we want canned on offense is from Scott Pioli.

matthewschiefs
01-15-2013, 11:41 PM
No I admit when others make mistakes, the problem is Cassel has been the biggest make for this franchise.

Like when

The balls go off our WRs hands and get picked you yell
about Cassel

The d sucks in games you claim Cassel should overcome that then use d as a defense for geno losing.

Very rarely you talk about mistakes others make but you jump on EVERY cassel mistake

You said the Steelers loss was Cassel's fault for the pick never once mentioned the missed field goal that would have won the game in regulation

MyManHali
01-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Like when

about Cassel

The d sucks in games you claim Cassel should overcome that then use d as a defense for geno losing.

Very rarely you talk about mistakes others make but you jump on EVERY cassel mistake

You said the Steelers loss was Cassel's fault for the pick never once mentioned the missed field goal that would have won the game in regulation

Yes, like the pick 6 Cassel throws when he throws it 3 yards behind Moaeki, Moaeki gets his hands on it and its supposedly Moaeki's fault. Or how about the time Cassel throws a 2 yard crossing route to Jamaal Charles against San Diego, Jamaal gets hit hard and gets hurt. THE VERY NEXT PLAY HE THROWS THE SAME 2 YARD CROSSING ROUTE TO DEX, DEX IS ABOUT TO GET KILLED, and you can tell he is scared, he should be because he is about to get lit up.

It's the same dumb **** Cassel does every game. I jump on Cassel because he is the one collecting the dough. You don't pay a special teams player 60 Million dollars. You are paid 60 million dollars because the franchise has invested their hope in you, to win games and put the team on your back, something Cassel has never done.

I dont make up excuse for Geno's losses, I have always brought up his numbers against good competition, that is the important thing. He has ability and can learn.

But back to Cassel and nevermind his record. Why does he only average 148 yards against playoff teams? Why his is rating a dismal 66 against those teams? Why weren't we a pass first team? Even under Weiss we were run heavy in a passing league. Was it because of Cassel's lack of ability?

The excuses for Cassel need to be put to rest, he didn't get the job done.

matthewschiefs
01-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Yes, like the pick 6 Cassel throws when he throws it 3 yards behind Moaeki, Moaeki gets his hands on it and its supposedly Moaeki's fault. Or how about the time Cassel throws a 2 yard crossing route to Jamaal Charles against San Diego, Jamaal gets hit hard and gets hurt. THE VERY NEXT PLAY HE THROWS THE SAME 2 YARD CROSSING ROUTE TO DEX, DEX IS ABOUT TO GET KILLED, and you can tell he is scared, he should be because he is about to get lit up.

It's the same dumb **** Cassel does every game. I jump on Cassel because he is the one collecting the dough. You don't pay a special teams player 60 Million dollars. You are paid 60 million dollars because the franchise has invested their hope in you, to win games and put the team on your back, something Cassel has never done.

I dont make up excuse for Geno's losses, I have always brought up his numbers against good competition, that is the important thing. He has ability and can learn.

But back to Cassel and nevermind his record. Why does he only average 148 yards against playoff teams? Why his is rating a dismal 66 against those teams? Why weren't we a pass first team? Even under Weiss we were run heavy in a passing league. Was it because of Cassel's lack of ability?

The excuses for Cassel need to be put to rest, he didn't get the job done.

I agree Cassel didn't get the job done but that doesn't mean everyone else gets a hall pass.

The Tampa game Bowe gets outplayed by our BACKUP TE BACKUP Where were you getting on Bowe? Or the season opener when Bowe gets outplayed By Mccluster Where were you getting on Bowe then. Why can't you say that missed field goal hurt us in the Steelers game? Instead it's Cassel lost the game. Where were you when our O line gave up 10 sacks in 2 games? When our defense has sucked And it did OFTEN where are you to yell about that? Instead it's Cassel should put the team on his back. All these guys get paid a good amount of money. They are paid to do there jobs. SO often they didn't unlike you I won't give them a hall pass because Cassel sucked. I bring up the whole story not just a part of it.

Eydugstr
01-16-2013, 09:39 PM
I agree Cassel didn't get the job done but that doesn't mean everyone else gets a hall pass.

Sums it up perfectly to me.

Eydugstr
01-16-2013, 10:03 PM

Okay, so what's the wager? No, I'm not going to think it up for you.

In the post you quoted I was referring to the season as a whole. But now that you bring it up, are you saying there were no dropped passes, incorrectly run routes or missed blocks by the recievers during the Steelers game?

Yeah, I've supported Cassel before in posts. The man was getting bashed the second his foot hit the ground at Arrowhead. But if Cassel was such a poor qb, and everyone else was so much better (coaching included) why wasn't he yanked sooner? They put in Brady Quinn and the only difference I saw was the number on the uniform and that Quinn threw about six inches lower (at first.) After a game or two Quinn was right back to throwing the ball too high, into triple coverage and staring his recievers down. I'll let the Indy game be my "exhibit A" on that one.

2012 KC Coaching & GM have gone bye-bye. Cassel still remains. That's saying something. It wasn't ALL his fault. I've said it before I'll say it again, Cassel is probably gone, if anything to avoid the negative reaction from the haters out there. Maybe a change of scenery would be the best thing for everyone.

MyManHali
01-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Like when

about Cassel

You don't think signing a qb to a 6 year deal and investing so much in him wasnt the biggest mistake?

He was THE guy for Pioli, collecting all that cash, so yes I hold him more responsible than anyone else. It is up to him to offset mistakes and win games, and he didn't. He failed.

It's posts like these that have given Cassel a free pass the past 4 seasons, no one ever wanted to hold him accountable for anything. Other positions that don't work out are not near as important as the quarterback position.

I want everyone that can't contribute gone. That includes Baldwin, Cassel, Newsome, Quinn, Tyson Jackson, Hillis, Arenas and so on.

matthewschiefs
01-16-2013, 10:47 PM
You don't think signing a qb to a 6 year deal and investing so much in him wasnt the biggest mistake?

He was THE guy for Pioli, collecting all that cash, so yes I hold him more responsible than anyone else. It is up to him to offset mistakes and win games, and he didn't. He failed.

It's posts like these that have given Cassel a free pass the past 4 seasons, no one ever wanted to hold him accountable for anything. Other positions that don't work out are not near as important as the quarterback position.

I want everyone that can't contribute gone. That includes Baldwin, Cassel, Newsome, Quinn, Tyson Jackson, Hillis, Arenas and so on.

If you go by that one post sure you could say that.

But I have more then 1 post like starting this thread
Time for me to do some hating on the QB - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=266184#post266184)

Where I have gone after Cassel. Go back and look at game threads I have gone after Cassel on those to. I have said we need a QB countless times. I get it Cassel sucks. But he's not alone and I go after everyone the same. Our D sucks I say the d sucks not how dare cassel not "put the team on his back" or rant on and on about that darn qb holding us back and how much better we would be "With a real QB" I also take into account the horrible coaching staff Cassel had to deal with. I look at the whole picture not just one part of it.

I agree with the players you listed with the exception of Baldwin I think we should give him that 3rd season to see what hes got now that we have a real coaching staff