PDA

View Full Version : chefs hire Dorsey

Lord-Chiefy
01-13-2013, 11:20 AM
It's official. Zero management experience. One and only job in NFL college scout.

MyManHali
01-13-2013, 12:24 PM
How can you be disappointed with this? He was the one who built the Packers into what they are today. We had someone with "management" experience. His name? Scott Pioli, and how did that workout?

nigeriannightmare
01-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Yeah but he worked with Reid so there is chemistry and he is up for debate the best in evaluating talent in the league. I would think it keeps Bowe and Albert in town. Dorsey isn't staying he needs to be in a 4-3 unless of course they tell him we are gonna make the switch back.

brdempsey69
01-13-2013, 12:54 PM
How can you be disappointed with this? He was the one who built the Packers into what they are today. We had someone with "management" experience. His name? Scott Pioli, and how did that workout?

Pioli worked out about as well as someone wiping their behind with poison ivy.

They are doing the right thing getting rid of the politician (Pigoli) and getting a football man in place (Dorsey) to be the GM.

nigeriannightmare
01-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Pioli worked out about as well as someone wiping their behind with poison ivy.

They are doing the right thing getting rid of the politician (Pigoli) and getting a football man in place (Dorsey) to be the GM.

I really didn't pay any mind to it but at the hotel i used to work two years ago Walter white would come in. I asked what he thought of pioli and he said that pioli really wasn't willing to help out the chiefs ambassadors kind of closed them off. As much as I wanted him to work he had way too much of an east coast mentality. Didn't understand Midwest values and the community turned on him. Dorsey will not make that mistake. It's a perfect fit. I would say Green Bay is very well attached to the community just like KC used to be and will agan. Excellent job Clark.

nigeriannightmare
01-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Yes he is not a Chief anymore, he will retire one. I love tony g. Wow!

brdempsey69
01-13-2013, 02:00 PM
I really didn't pay any mind to it but at the hotel i used to work two years ago Walter white would come in. I asked what he thought of pioli and he said that pioli really wasn't willing to help out the chiefs ambassadors kind of closed them off. As much as I wanted him to work he had way too much of an east coast mentality. Didn't understand Midwest values and the community turned on him. Dorsey will not make that mistake. It's a perfect fit. I would say Green Bay is very well attached to the community just like KC used to be and will agan. Excellent job Clark.

I remember Walter White. He wore #88, played TE and in 1975, he made several big plays, including a long TD reception in the game at KC against the Raiders that sparked a 42-10 victory. Oakland had 2 very good Safeties in George Atkinson & Jack Tatum at that time, but White smoked them on that play.

I had heard the same thing about Pioli's bad treatment of former Chiefs players. Disgraceful. At least Carl Peterson never treated them that way, as far as I know. Often times, the former players were invited to accompany the team for road games and were allowed to be on the sidelines during Peterson's tenure.

MyManHali
01-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Yes he is not a Chief anymore, he will retire one. I love tony g. Wow!

I am pulling for Atlanta as well. Good thing we got Javier Arenas.

Thanks fat Scott.

nigeriannightmare
01-13-2013, 03:22 PM
I am pulling for Atlanta as well. Good thing we got Javier Arenas.

Thanks fat Scott.

Made me laugh and my wife looked at me funny. Thanks. Nothing like a good smile.

slc chief
01-13-2013, 03:31 PM
It's official. Zero management experience. One and only job in NFL college scout.

dont get it twisted reid is running this team. dorsey was brought in for his excellant scouting skills

brdempsey69
01-13-2013, 03:38 PM
dont get it twisted reid is running this team. dorsey was brought in for his excellant scouting skills

Not quite. Dorsey will have some say regarding player/personnel decisions. Clark has already said so. Both the HC and GM will be reporting to Clark. Nobody is being given the power that Pioli had before.

swochief
01-13-2013, 11:11 PM

Hope its a little closer to 50/50 than that.
Some of Reid's picks when it was all on him were not so good.

:chiefs:

N TX Dave
01-13-2013, 11:58 PM
Don't like the Dorsey hire read this (http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/13/4009205/new-chiefs-gm-dorsey-has-prepared.html) to learn a little about him before passing judgement, after reading it I like it almost as much as, if not more than the Reid hiring.

AkChief49
01-14-2013, 12:24 AM
Like others have stated, he's got scouting skills. That is what we have not had. Green Bay has been in the mix how long? They lost B. Favre and still won a superbowl. Seems like they always have plug and play players to me. If he scouted Aaron Rogers that's good enough for me.

AkChief49
01-14-2013, 12:36 AM
Don't like the Dorsey hire read this (http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/13/4009205/new-chiefs-gm-dorsey-has-prepared.html) to learn a little about him before passing judgement, after reading it I like it almost as much as, if not more than the Reid hiring.
From the article:

In the last 21 years, under Wolf and Thompson as general manager, the Packers have had 17 winning seasons, made 15 playoff appearances and won two Super Bowls.“Those,” Harlan said, “are the gentlemen (Dorsey) has learned under.”

I'm already getting excited for this coming year! Clark, my hat's off to you son!

N TX Dave
01-14-2013, 01:49 AM
From the article:

In the last 21 years, under Wolf and Thompson as general manager, the Packers have had 17 winning seasons, made 15 playoff appearances and won two Super Bowls.“Those,” Harlan said, “are the gentlemen (Dorsey) has learned under.”

I'm already getting excited for this coming year! Clark, my hat's off to you son!

Tell me about it, I also like how he said he

"Dorsey has another characteristic that will be just as important in Kansas City. Though requests to speak to Dorsey were declined by the Chiefs, he’s regarded as a people person, unlike the man he is replacing in Kansas City, the unapproachable Scott Pioli."
“One of the things that’s going to be very appealing in Kansas City is John’s personality,” said Harlan. “He’s very down to earth. The fans will take to him in a hurry. He’s great in the office, he’s great in the locker room."

ead more here: New Chiefs GM Dorsey has prepared for this task - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/13/4009205/new-chiefs-gm-dorsey-has-prepared.html#storylink=cpy)

nigeriannightmare
01-14-2013, 10:32 AM

From the article:

.BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE! We live it!

Woohoo the reaching days are over.

ctchiefsfan
01-14-2013, 11:04 AM
I like the Dorsey hire. I don't think he is going to be the powerful GM that SP or CP were, but I don't think he wants to be either. He doesn't seem to have that big ego thing going on. He seems to know scouting and know talent and those seem to be the things he really wants to do. I think that between Reid and Dorsey we have a really good team.

MissingTBone
01-14-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm very excited about this hire. Can't believe we are ginna have someone competent enough to actually scout true talent instead of someone who thinks they're gonna find the next Brady type player by reaching for people you could have got in a later round. Great article on him btw. Fo Chiefs!!

MissingTBone
01-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Go Chiefs

Seek
01-14-2013, 02:20 PM

Great Hire! Reports all week was how this is the perfect hire. He was with Greenbay for 20 years. Starting from Scouting games for Greenbay when Herm Edwards was scouting for the Chiefs and worked his way up to Director of Personnel.

The guy is loved by many people in the NFL and has a lot of connections and all people interviewed the last couple weeks say this guy knows how to Scout players.

He has been approached many times before to be a GM but Greenbay always promoted him to keep him on their staff. The biggest difference is his Wife is a KC local and it is believed that he would not be taking over Greenbays operations any time soon.

chiefnut
01-14-2013, 03:01 PM
so far, it looks like Clark is making all the right moves bringing in the right people. really likin it. i hope they draft as well

AkChief49
01-15-2013, 01:09 AM

no more despicable me running things, Lord I apologize....:D

chiefnut
01-15-2013, 12:37 PM
i really liked despicable me, but not despicable pioli!!