PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Draft

SBIV65TPT
01-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Drafting a QB would be nice, but I agree with Dorsey.....Best Available Player and stay true to the board.

Chiefster
01-16-2013, 07:01 AM
I think there needs to be a balance of team need and player quality, although, I guess team needs could be addressed free agency.

whackojacko58
01-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Let the smoke screen and mirrors begin, no ones gonna say this is who we want to keep others guessing, first will be free agency next will be all the rumors trading up, trading down, this team wants this, other teams asking that, its gonna be so much more exciting since we are number 1

Chiefster
01-16-2013, 12:52 PM
I think it would be a mistake to trade away the number one draft pick overall.

chiefnut
01-16-2013, 02:45 PM

depends what we can get for it!!!

Chiefster
01-16-2013, 03:14 PM
depends what we can get for it!!!

Who would you want to get for it?

N TX Dave
01-16-2013, 03:22 PM

If we swapped 1st for say 5th and picked up 5th pick in the 2nd and 4th round you wouldn't do it? That would give us 5th, 34th and 37th, 3 picks in the top 40 plus another in the top of round 4. Now I don't think I would trade back to say 25th. At 5 there will still be a QB available and it won't be as big as a reach for one at 5 as compared to first.

MyManHali
01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
If we swapped 1st for say 5th and picked up 5th pick in the 2nd and 4th round you wouldn't do it? That would give us 5th, 34th and 37th, 3 picks in the top 40 plus another in the top of round 4. Now I don't think I would trade back to say 25th. At 5 there will still be a QB available and it won't be as big as a reach for one at 5 as compared to first.

No one is going to trade 3 first round picks for anyone in this draft.

swochief
01-16-2013, 04:14 PM
No one is going to trade 3 first round picks for anyone in this draft.

Nope they won't. this one has them swapping 1st's , and getting the 5th picks in the 2nd and 4th rounds.

If Wilson is still there (i think he will move into the top ten after combines) I would do it.

Eydugstr
01-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Let the smoke screen and mirrors begin, no ones gonna say this is who we want to keep others guessing, first will be free agency next will be all the rumors trading up, trading down, this team wants this, other teams asking that, its gonna be so much more exciting since we are number 1

Agreed. Right now Clark, Reid and Dorsey are trying to play media like a violin. They're slowly tightening up and not telegraphing their intentions, in an attempt to see what offers get thrown their way.

Understand it's business, just hope we don't end up looking like Larry, Moe & Curly. It's happened to a lot of teams that got cute with the trade up/trade down game.

swochief
01-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Agreed. Right now Clark, Reid and Dorsey are trying to play media like a violin. They're slowly tightening up and not telegraphing their intentions, in an attempt to see what offers get thrown their way.

Understand it's business, just hope we don't end up looking like Larry, Moe & Curly. It's happened to a lot of teams that got cute with the trade up/trade down game.

Yeah we've had enuff of that look last few years.
Nobody knows what they are gonna do.
They might be trying to maneuver this thing around to get Murray or Bridgewater next year. Both those would fit nice into Reid's system.