PDA

View Full Version : Who WILL the Chiefs select with the first pick?

MyManHali
01-16-2013, 03:57 PM
This is not who you want, this is who do you think the Chiefs will draft.

swochief
01-16-2013, 04:05 PM
I think they will try to trade down and get some extra picks for this draft and or next years.
Don't think they will get as much as most years though.

brdempsey69
01-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Voted trade down.

Ryfo18
01-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Geno

jap1
01-16-2013, 06:08 PM
I could tell you what I want, but I have no idea what they will do. Until we hear/see some action in free agency, I think all of the above are equal possibilities.

matthewschiefs
01-16-2013, 06:42 PM
Other they have said it will be the number 1 player on the board Right now that's Jarvis Jones on a number of list

MyManHali
01-16-2013, 07:07 PM
I could tell you what I want, but I have no idea what they will do. Until we hear/see some action in free agency, I think all of the above are equal possibilities.

We will update it closer to draft time.

Eydugstr
01-16-2013, 07:12 PM
These are the options?

MyManHali
01-16-2013, 07:31 PM
These are the options?

What else would you add?

matthewschiefs
01-16-2013, 07:34 PM
What else would you add?

Jarvis jones for one he's high on alot of draft boards and it has been said they are drafting the best player on the board. It would be fair to add him

MyManHali
01-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Jarvis jones for one he's high on alot of draft boards and it has been said they are drafting the best player on the board. It would be fair to add him

I know this is not supposed to be an opinionated thread but where would he play? MLB?

matthewschiefs
01-16-2013, 07:41 PM
I know this is not supposed to be an opinionated thread but where would he play? MLB?

I'm not sure some LB spot. But going on the statments out of Arrowhead saying they are going by Best player available and seeing he's up there on draft boards I think he should be added.

marloweopatchiefs
01-16-2013, 07:52 PM
Geno

Eydugstr
01-16-2013, 08:40 PM
What else would you add?

Tyler Wilson?
Jarvis Jones?
Matt Barkley?

I've never seen a draft year where the combine is going to be so important in getting some other names into the hat outside of Geno & Joekel...

swochief
01-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Tyler Wilson?
Jarvis Jones?
Matt Barkley?

I've never seen a draft year where the combine is going to be so important in getting some other names into the hat outside of Geno & Joekel...

You would be correct , gonna be real important this year.

Chiefster
01-16-2013, 11:06 PM
I have no idea so I picked Smith.

chiefnut
01-16-2013, 11:17 PM
i think they will TRY to trade down but w/no takers will take joekel

KristofLaw
01-16-2013, 11:52 PM
If we stay in the top three I think our choices are gonna be one of the following; 1) Luke Joeckel; 2) Geno Smith; 3) Dee Milliner. I am not opposed to these selections although I am heavily leaning towards Geno at the time. Can't wait until the offseason really rolls in here! :D

jason1981
01-17-2013, 01:04 AM
Jarvis jones wont go #1 so no reason to add him. You can pick trade down and get hi if you want. I think it will be dt or ot. We will be losing dorsey and possibly jackson. So we draft th DT and move poe to end. I think poe would be a beast at end against tackles and hes quick enough. Almost wish we switched to the 4-3. I think we have enough talent to switch back and forth. We still need an ilb to replace belcher. I say we feel what we can through FA so we can draft best player available and dont have to reach. We need a deep threat wr as well.
Our biggest needs are qb, cb,wr,ilb, possibly ot, de with dorsey,jackson and albert possibly gone. Te but i think tony would excel in this offense. We have to many wholes to fill there is no need to reach to draft for need cuz we have so many it shouldnt be a problem. The qb is the only tricky part cuz a good qb cam make up and can mask your holes. Ala andrew luck. There no luck but we have more talent then the colts so we dont need a luck we need a qb to be a chief and win us some games. We have 2 years left with charles i believe before he starts to decline i think.

KCCF
01-17-2013, 04:33 AM
Tyler Wilson?
Jarvis Jones?
Matt Barkley?

Barkley number one overall? God I'd hope not.

whackojacko58
01-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Geeeenooo oooohhaahh gggeeennnnooo oooohhaahh geno geno geno lol

whackojacko58
01-17-2013, 10:05 AM
No qb worthy in free agency it is our biggest need i feel reid will feel safe taking this kid and grooming him and he will bring excitement to this team

MyManHali
01-17-2013, 01:39 PM
No qb worthy in free agency it is our biggest need i feel reid will feel safe taking this kid and grooming him and he will bring excitement to this team

Honestly I think trading for flynn and taking a qb in the second or trading down to get one mid first is a realistic possibility.

Bike
01-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Trade our 1st to ESPN for Herm Edwards.

whackojacko58
01-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Honestly I think trading for flynn and taking a qb in the second or trading down to get one mid first is a realistic possibility.

Totally cause flynn looks soo much better then we traded for cassel..... Judges say?... Eeerrrr lol jk

MyManHali
01-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Totally cause flynn looks soo much better then we traded for cassel..... Judges say?... Eeerrrr lol jk

It's not what I want, but our current gm did help draft him in GB

70 chiefsfan70
01-17-2013, 05:55 PM
I voted Geno, However I think we will try to trade, back up alittle and pick up another pick. But there is a problem with that, we will have to find a team that is willing to do that and I just don't think that will happen. Therefore we take the best qb and I think it will be Geno, however a bad combine for Geno and that could change. Right now though Geno is far ahead of any other qbs. Thats how I see it.

Luke Joeckel may be the one that gets us a trade, if he has a super good combine. One can wish right?

Luke cant and wont fix our offense if we dont have a qb.

Eydugstr
01-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Trade our 1st to ESPN for Herm Edwards.

:lol:
Because we draft to win the game ?!?

Guru
01-24-2013, 04:00 AM
Chiefs are going to trade down and then watch all the QBs they wanted go before their pick.

Chiefster
01-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Chiefs are going to trade down and then watch all the QBs they wanted go before their pick.

Meh, there aren't any QBs on the board worth a first round pick anyway. :D

Guru
01-24-2013, 08:07 AM

Meh, there aren't any QBs on the board worth a first round pick anyway. :D

And there is no RGIII or Luck in this draft.

Chiefster
01-24-2013, 02:31 PM
And there is no RGIII or Luck in this draft.

...Unfortunately. I wished we would have been in this position last year.

Guru
01-25-2013, 03:09 AM
...Unfortunately. I wished we would have been in this position last year.

Actually, my comment was a jab at all the naysayers this year about the QB. I'm so sick of hearing that statement. That was a once a generation draft last year. There is rarely that kind of talent at QB in the draft. So to keep bringing that up is to keep slamming your finger in a door expecting it to not hurt each time.

Chiefster
01-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Actually, my comment was a jab at all the naysayers this year about the QB. I'm so sick of hearing that statement. That was a once a generation draft last year. There is rarely that kind of talent at QB in the draft. So to keep bringing that up is to keep slamming your finger in a door expecting it to not hurt each time.

I absolutely agree. I think that Dorsey will be true to his word and take the best player available whether it be defense or offense.

tornadospotter
01-25-2013, 10:33 PM
I project that the first player in the draft, will be, drafted.:bananen_smilies046:I think many others will follow:bananen_smilies046:Who the are and how it comes about,:bananen_smilies046: Well time will tell.

matthewschiefs
01-26-2013, 12:03 AM
I project that the first player in the draft, will be, drafted.:bananen_smilies046:I think many others will follow:bananen_smilies046:Who the are and how it comes about,:bananen_smilies046: Well time will tell.

Such a limb your walking out on there.

tornadospotter
01-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Such a limb your walking out on there.
Keep it simple, best player on the board. :smile

Guru
01-26-2013, 02:23 AM
QB!!

N TX Dave
01-27-2013, 02:02 AM
We need a QB but if none trickle to the top tier then I am okay with whoever the brass want to take as long as it is a top tier player and not reaches like the last GM did every year in the first round. Top tier player is player rated no later than 5 pick.

70 chiefsfan70
01-27-2013, 02:11 PM
I just hope we can find a way to trade to the 8th to 15th spot, pick up another 2nd and 3rd round picks. I just hope we dont draft ot(Luke Joeckel) in the first and let Albert walk. Now that would be a waste of a pick and would not make finacial sense either.

Chiefster
01-28-2013, 02:32 AM
QB!!

I doubt that will happen bud.

nigeriannightmare
01-28-2013, 09:55 AM

Not looking like it at all.

rbedgood
01-29-2013, 12:12 AM
As the draft class for QB is fairly weak, I suspect that they may trade down to position themselves for a QB, and a team that is seeking a defensive star may be willing to move up.

Guru
01-29-2013, 08:15 AM

Yeah, they are going to keep trying to do the same thing they have always done and expect different results.

whackojacko58
01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Geeennoooo geennnooo

Chiefster
01-29-2013, 09:57 PM
As the draft class for QB is fairly weak, I suspect that they may trade down to position themselves for a QB, and a team that is seeking a defensive star may be willing to move up.

I'm probably way off here, but I just don't see them doing that at this point. Dorsey seems determined to take the best player available and I just don't see them trading away the drafts front runner status.

Yeah, they are going to keep trying to do the same thing they have always done and expect different results.

...The definition of insanity.

dl89
01-30-2013, 08:00 AM
Geno still has 30% of the vote? Come on, people...

Guru
01-30-2013, 08:21 AM
Geno still has 30% of the vote? Come on, people...

The vote is for what we THINK the Chiefs will do, not what we WANT them to do.

chiefnut
01-30-2013, 11:54 AM
there is NO way we pick geno with #1, now maybe if we trade down we take him in the 1st round, not to mi liking though. if we keep #1 we probably take joekel

Lord-Chiefy
01-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Geno shouldn't even be on poll

whackojacko58
01-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Geeennnooo oooohhhh

chiefnut
01-30-2013, 11:53 PM
Geeennnooo oooohhhh

I don't believe you actually think the CHIEFS will take him #1, you just like posting his name like that to stir things up!!

Guru
01-31-2013, 03:17 AM
Geno or Wilson. I don't care. There will not be any decent QBs by our 2nd round pick. Neither is worthy of the first pick but nobody in this draft is worthy of it either. Our first pick needs to cover the one GLARING HOLE on this team.

chiefnut
01-31-2013, 09:01 AM
Geno or Wilson. I don't care. There will not be any decent QBs by our 2nd round pick. Neither is worthy of the first pick but nobody in this draft is worthy of it either. Our first pick needs to cover the one GLARING HOLE on this team.

that seems to be conflicting logic. no Qb is worthy of a first pick but lets take one anyway just because we really need a solid first round QB, which he is not but again lets take him to fill the need, which he won't cause he isn't worth it! i mean HUH!!!

FYI, the difference in percieved talent in the top 4 or 5 QBs is minimal so there will be about the same talent level available in the early 2nd round........according to the pundits. the ONLY reason geno is projected by some to go #1 to us, is because it is US, and it is assumed that we will not make a reach but a flying leap born out of desperation to get A QB not THE QB to solve our problem. NONE of these prognosticators however rate geno or barkley higher than 10th overall talent w/the majority having him no higher than 20th. so even tho they may be predicting we take him, none believe he is worth it! in other words they are a punch of horses potuties!!!
it seems that w/the new regime ion place many are starting to change their mocks to a "best player available" scenario. it seems they believed our previous mgmt were horses potuties and would again draft accordingly.

70 chiefsfan70
01-31-2013, 06:32 PM
that seems to be conflicting logic. no Qb is worthy of a first pick but lets take one anyway just because we really need a solid first round QB, which he is not but again lets take him to fill the need, which he won't cause he isn't worth it! i mean HUH!!!

FYI, the difference in percieved talent in the top 4 or 5 QBs is minimal so there will be about the same talent level available in the early 2nd round........according to the pundits. the ONLY reason geno is projected by some to go #1 to us, is because it is US, and it is assumed that we will not make a reach but a flying leap born out of desperation to get A QB not THE QB to solve our problem. NONE of these prognosticators however rate geno or barkley higher than 10th overall talent w/the majority having him no higher than 20th. so even tho they may be predicting we take him, none believe he is worth it! in other words they are a punch of horses potuties!!!
it seems that w/the new regime ion place many are starting to change their mocks to a "best player available" scenario. it seems they believed our previous mgmt were horses potuties and would again draft accordingly.

Thats a great idea! Lets do the norm and draft someone other than a qb in the first. We'll hope that there will still be a worthy starter left in the second, if not we can always pick up some washed up qb or two or three in the fa. Then we could be the joke of the nfl and go 2 and 14.

That sounds way to familiar.

If we dont change the way we do things, we are likely to end up with the same product. If we cant trade we should still get the best available qb, whoever that may be. QB has been our greatest need for 4 years and it still remains that way. Unless we draft a qb it will always be.

The way I see it is best case senario, we trade about 6 to 15 spots get a qb and an extra pick or two. We are not likely to get much for trading, nothing like the rams got.

chiefnut
02-01-2013, 12:54 AM
Thats a great idea! Lets do the norm and draft someone other than a qb in the first. We'll hope that there will still be a worthy starter left in the second, if not we can always pick up some washed up qb or two or three in the fa. Then we could be the joke of the nfl and go 2 and 14.

That sounds way to familiar.

If we dont change the way we do things, we are likely to end up with the same product. If we cant trade we should still get the best available qb, whoever that may be. QB has been our greatest need for 4 years and it still remains that way. Unless we draft a qb it will always be.

The way I see it is best case senario, we trade about 6 to 15 spots get a qb and an extra pick or two. We are not likely to get much for trading, nothing like the rams got.

just so i am clear, you want to draft a QB in the 1st round even if he is NOT considered to be a franchise QB and that u believe no QB beyond the 1st round is ever going to be good enuf to be a successful nfl QB and that it would be better to draft a bad QB than a solid player at any other position? it's a shame kaepernick or wilson will never make it in the nfl based on your draft system...we should let the niners and seahawks know they need better QBs.

Justin5772002
02-01-2013, 04:08 AM
I strongly believe that with the same exact players on this team if we played the same exact opponents as last season. We would have a way better record not 2-14. I'm not saying we make playoffs but with our coaching that we improved on, and our 6 pro bowlers, and rest of the team we at least have 6 wins. So I don't think we run and pick up a QB just cause we need one. Lets be smart and rebuild our team and not expect to play the Super Bowl next season but shoot for in in 2-3 seasons

Guru
02-01-2013, 06:36 AM

Yes, because there will ALWAYS be a Russel Wilson or Colin Kaepernick or Tom Brady available in the later rounds.

Hey, if we strike gold like that great but we can't just plan on striking gold either. This team needs a QB before anything else. Pick your QB and go with it. If it doesn't work out, you find one again next year or the year after that. I am sick and tired of this team always playing it safe while all the other teams are willing to take the risk to find their guy.

Picking a QB number 1 is no longer the detriment it used to be thanks to the new rookie wage scale. A bad pick doesn't set your team back years anymore.

You can't just do the same thing year after year after year and expect different results. There is a term for that.

chiefnut
02-01-2013, 08:55 AM
look i would agree on picking a QB #1 if there was a QB that was head and shoulders above the rest, but that is not the case this year. worse case scenario is that we don't trade down and have to take a QB at 34 or trade back into the 1st to take one. we would still get a top tier QB. any of the top 4 are about the same talent level. geno does have a little higher potential overall but accuracy is about the same.

Lord-Chiefy
02-01-2013, 12:25 PM
What number 1 pick?? SF will have ours for smith..unfortunately.

70 chiefsfan70
02-01-2013, 01:50 PM
just so i am clear, you want to draft a QB in the 1st round even if he is NOT considered to be a franchise QB and that u believe no QB beyond the 1st round is ever going to be good enuf to be a successful nfl QB and that it would be better to draft a bad QB than a solid player at any other position? it's a shame kaepernick or wilson will never make it in the nfl based on your draft system...we should let the niners and seahawks know they need better QBs.

No need for sarcasm my fellow chiefs fan friend.

I have never ever said or implied, (nor would I) that there can't be a very successful and future HOF qb drafted in the second round or any later rounds.

I think I was the first on this board to consistantly say(for years now) that the qb position was and remains to be our weakest. That means its our biggest need, and one that clearly has to be fixed in order to compete not just in the playoffs but also in our own division, and that we should draft at least two qb's in this years draft. History tells us, that earlier picks have a higher rate of success, therefore I say pick qb in our first pick, weather we trade or not, should be the best available qb. Preferrable 2 qb's out of the first three rounds.

I'm not saying we cant possible pick a qbotf in the 5th round. But history tells us thats not likely. Seems like we've tried that numerous times, and how has that worked for us.

We have other needs as well, but untill "under center" is fixed we are putting new tires on a truck that don't and wont have an engine.

HaliForPresident
02-01-2013, 05:25 PM
No need for sarcasm my fellow chiefs fan friend.

History tells us, that earlier picks have a higher rate of success, therefore I say pick qb in our first pick, weather we trade or not, should be the best available qb. Preferrable 2 qb's out of the first three rounds.

The simple fact that they were drafted high doesn't make them a better QB. Historically speaking, they didn't draft a QB 1st overall that would have gone late 2nd to early 3rd round the year before.

70 chiefsfan70
02-01-2013, 06:00 PM
The simple fact that they were drafted high doesn't make them a better QB. Historically speaking, they didn't draft a QB 1st overall that would have gone late 2nd to early 3rd round the year before.

I dont get it...........Historically speaking, they didn't draft a qb at all.

Bottom line is nothing will change unless we do get a new qb via draft or fa.

If we dont get the best qb available we dont give the team the best chance to win. I want at least two of our first three picks to be qbs. We have to change this trend or we end up with the same results.

N TX Dave
02-01-2013, 06:43 PM
You can't just do the same thing year after year after year and expect different results. There is a term for that.

If by that statement you mean we can't continue to reach in the draft, I agree like most of the last 8 years of so. But I know that is not what you are saying.

We have reached too much in the recent past everyone thinks we have been drafting a player 10-20 spots before they were slotted.

I would rather draft someone that can play for the next 5-10 years than an experimental QB with the first pick and get a QB somewhere else. If we reach for a QB with the first pick and he fails next year we will be in the same boat as now, looking at drafting a QB and that means the first pick this year was a waste, or we can draft the BPA and be looking for a QB next year also, but we will have someone that is still valuable on the team.

If the scouts and coaches do not think there is a QBOTF in this draft we should not waste the first pick hoping the one we pick will turn into QBOTF.
:efpge: :meow: :beat_DeadHorse:

Guru
02-02-2013, 03:58 AM
If you guys think any of the top 4 QBs are going to be there after pick 15-20 you are crazy. Geno, Barkley, Wilson are definitely gone before the 2nd round. Bray and Glennon could easily go in the mid first as well. Look at how many teams need a QB this year.

I am sick and tired of using other people backup QBs to be our starter. Outside of Trent Green it has never worked here. NEVER. Plus, you can even argue that it didn't work with Trent either. But that blame lies solely on Vermeil for completely ignoring the defense with that idiot Gregg Robinson.

But hey, its the Chiefs. Same as it ever was.

chiefnut
02-02-2013, 10:58 AM
I dont get it...........Historically speaking, they didn't draft a qb at all.

Bottom line is nothing will change unless we do get a new qb via draft or fa.

If we dont get the best qb available we dont give the team the best chance to win. I want at least two of our first three picks to be qbs. We have to change this trend or we end up with the same results.

we did draft todd blackledge #7 and how did that work out for us?
although i still contend if he went to a differnt team with a better system he would have done better

AkChief49
02-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Don't shoot the messenger! Just an interesting analysis....

Scouting Geno Smith, Barkley, Wilson, and Glennon: A Metrics Breakdown - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/2/2/3943546/scouting-geno-smith-barkley-wilson-and-glennon-metrics-breakdown)