PDA

View Full Version : compensation picks?

jason1981
01-17-2013, 01:16 AM
Does anyone know if we are getting any or expects any compensation picks for any players we lost? I know ortonany is one i think if we didnt sign one. Think you get one for any high players yoh lose and you dont sign as many fa as yoj lose. I think. But does anyone know what we expect to get if any

N TX Dave
01-17-2013, 01:29 AM
Here is what one predictions are for the Chiefs.

Kansas City
The Kansas City Chiefs lost Kyle Orton who is canceled out by Kevin Boss
The Kansas City Chiefs lost Le’Ron McClain who is canceled out by Peyton Hillis
The Kansas City Chiefs lost Brandon Carr and signed Brady Quinn but because of the difference in the contract signed the Chiefs will receive a 7th round pick
The Kansas City Chiefs will receive a 7th round pick due to their record

jason1981
01-17-2013, 01:42 AM
Damn i was afraid of that. I was hoping for a 3rd rounder.

jason1981
01-17-2013, 01:43 AM
I forgot we even had kevin boss. Lol

jap1
01-17-2013, 01:53 AM
Here is what one predictions are for the Chiefs.

Kansas City
The Kansas City Chiefs lost Kyle Orton who is canceled out by Kevin Boss
The Kansas City Chiefs lost Le’Ron McClain who is canceled out by Peyton Hillis
The Kansas City Chiefs lost Brandon Carr and signed Brady Quinn but because of the difference in the contract signed the Chiefs will receive a 7th round pick
The Kansas City Chiefs will receive a 7th round pick due to their record

Where are you getting that? I have heard we would get a 3rd because of what Carr got.

N TX Dave
01-17-2013, 01:58 AM
From another blog detroitlionsdraft.com (http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/01/predicting-the-compensatory-pick/) it is as good as nay I could find he had the brake down for all 32 teams. Here is what he said:

The NFL distributes 32 compensation picks every year. Rarely are there 32 picks distributed based on player transactions so to distribute the other remaining picks the worst teams in the league are given picks at the end of the draft to meet the quota.

Predicting the compensatory pick selections is far from an exact science. If anybody has ever gotten every one right I’ve never heard about it. A lot of data goes into predicting these. If you believe that I missed a player or shorted your team a pick I’d be happy to review, just leave a comment below and I’ll review the situation. Please note that players who received less than a million dollars aren’t factored into compensatory consideration very much at all.

AkChief49
01-17-2013, 02:14 AM
I'm confused. I thought we were going to get one or two comp. picks this year because the guys we signed were cut by their teams (Routt, Boss and Winston) and McClain, Carr, and Orton all received nice contracts.

Here it is....
Chiefs Off To A Good Start For 2013 Compensatory Picks - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/3/27/2905850/chiefs-compensatory-picks-2013-nfl-draft)

jap1
01-17-2013, 04:02 AM
That seems like a relatively unfair system if Quinn all but cancels out the loss of Carr.

whackojacko58
01-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Will get a 3rd for carr

pojote
01-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Boss was cut from Raiders, don't count for compensatory pick purposes.
Also we "lost" McClain, Richardson and Battle.
Carr and Orton are big contracts, way bigger than Quinn's or Hillis'.
We will get at least a third and another, probably a fifth. Also a supplemental.

Justin5772002
01-18-2013, 05:22 AM
Ha I never knew comp. picks existed lol shows how much I followed football

raiderhater79
01-18-2013, 04:52 PM
I forgot we even had kevin boss. Lol

So did most other people

:lol: