PDA

View Full Version : Tweet from a former NFL Operations Guy: Wilson 1st to KC?

Ryfo18
01-23-2013, 02:40 PM
This guy, @NFLosophy, is a pretty good follow. Nobody really knows who he is but he is a former Operations guy for a team and he's been chatting up a lot at the Senior Bowl.

Here's a tweet from today:

"I am convinced KC takes Tyler Wilson 1st overall. Their scouts love him. Only way they don't is if new GM Dorsey isn't a fan."

Source: https://twitter.com/NFLosophy/status/294166765771046912

brdempsey69
01-23-2013, 06:39 PM
His stock could very well rise to #1 depending on Senior Bowl week and combine.

MissingTBone
01-23-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm putting my trust into the new regime. Whoever they take at number 1 I'm good with until proven otherwise. I think they have the right people in the right positions to make sound football decisions.....finally!!!

MissingTBone
01-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Reading some of the boards about the Sr Bowl. Sounds like he's the best qb there, but not sure he's worthy of number 1. Guess well see what happens. If you do like him you're almost forced to take him at 1, cuz J-ville is right behind us looking for a qb. Sounds like currently it's close during practice between Wilson, and Landry Jones who I don't want.

Justin5772002
01-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Yeah I saw Landry jones speaking with a chief correspindant. One thing I'm worried about is when both Tyler and Jones were asked what is the number one trait they bring to the chiefs if they came and both of them said arm talent. I would have been much more impressed with someone saying poise and intelligence. You can have the best arm in the league but if you can't be smart with the football you're no good to us

Three7s
01-23-2013, 10:14 PM
I really liked Tyler Wilson when he went up against KSU in the Cotton Bowl. He's got a cannon. Only thing that worries me is how his body will hold up. I'd be just fine with taking him #1 overall.

Chiefs fanatic
01-24-2013, 12:54 PM
He had a few more interesting tweets about Tyler Wilson.

@NFLosophy
The Chiefs/Tyler Wilson thing: Heard that the Chiefs were charting every one of Wilson's snaps during practice this week. Saw it for myself.

@NFLosophy
No one charts practice throws. And Wilson was the only QB the Chiefs did it for.

@NFLosophy
Had already heard Chiefs liked him but they were trying to be discreet about their adoration for him during practices. Ogling isn't discreet

Ryfo18
01-24-2013, 05:11 PM
This same guy is now also saying that the Chiefs will probably not re-sign Albert but instead address this area in free agency (Jake Long anyone?).

Thus, they wouldn't have to waste the #1 pick on a LT for a lateral move (good LT to replace a good LT).

Hope this plays out.

whackojacko58
01-24-2013, 07:46 PM
I wish geno smith did go to the senior bowl, itll be wilson vs smith at the combine

N TX Dave
01-24-2013, 07:59 PM
This same guy is now also saying that the Chiefs will probably not re-sign Albert but instead address this area in free agency (Jake Long anyone?).

Thus, they wouldn't have to waste the #1 pick on a LT for a lateral move (good LT to replace a good LT).

Hope this plays out.

I still say we have another LT on the team that played pretty good filling in for the injured Albert that needs to be looked at.

Ryfo18
01-24-2013, 08:20 PM
I still say we have another LT on the team that played pretty good filling in for the injured Albert that needs to be looked at.

I also agree with this.

nigeriannightmare
01-24-2013, 08:40 PM
I know I didn't think Stephenson would fill in as well as he did. His first start was against Von Miller talk about stepping up to the plate.

Im so boody confused. So is it chiefs scouts enamored with Wilson or is it Andy Reid and company. If it was pioli's guys wouldn't this just be smoke and mirrors.

Ryfo18
01-24-2013, 08:50 PM
I know I didn't think Stephenson would fill in as well as he did. His first start was against Von Miller talk about stepping up to the plate.

Im so boody confused. So is it chiefs scouts enamored with Wilson or is it Andy Reid and company. If it was pioli's guys wouldn't this just be smoke and mirrors.

IMO I think they're going to act very interested in Geno, Wilson, and Joeckel. Lots of smoke and mirrors to see if they can get anyone to trade up.

swochief
01-25-2013, 11:50 AM
He had a few more interesting tweets about Tyler Wilson.

@NFLosophy
The Chiefs/Tyler Wilson thing: Heard that the Chiefs were charting every one of Wilson's snaps during practice this week. Saw it for myself.

@NFLosophy
No one charts practice throws. And Wilson was the only QB the Chiefs did it for.

@NFLosophy
Had already heard Chiefs liked him but they were trying to be discreet about their adoration for him during practices. Ogling isn't discreet

I like the direction those tweets are heading.

If they don't resign Albert they need to look at Stephenson first , did a good job filling in.

There are 3 other left tackles in this draft , even if Joekel is the best one they have looked really good so far at the senior bowl practices , especially the ones from C Michigan and OU. Think the other was from san jose st.

jap1
01-25-2013, 04:35 PM
According to walterfootball, the chiefs are NOT interviewing Wilson.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013meetingsteams.php

chiefnut
01-26-2013, 10:22 AM
According to walterfootball, the chiefs are NOT interviewing Wilson.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013meetingsteams.php

don't put alot of stock in it

otf
04-29-2013, 01:23 PM
This guy, @NFLosophy, is a pretty good follow. Nobody really knows who he is but he is a former Operations guy for a team and he's been chatting up a lot at the Senior Bowl.

Here's a tweet from today:

"I am convinced KC takes Tyler Wilson 1st overall. Their scouts love him. Only way they don't is if new GM Dorsey isn't a fan."

Source: https://twitter.com/NFLosophy/status/294166765771046912

@NFLosophy was wrong...