PDA

View Full Version : Will Bowe Consider Staying?

dl89
01-30-2013, 08:58 AM
If we don't tag D-Bowe, which comes in at around $10 million for the season, will the improved offensive coaching staff be enough for him to sign a long-term contract? Andy Reid will inevitably make this a pass-happy offense, and Dave Cully has an impressive resume with Reid in Philly. Do you guys think Bowe will recognize the potential awesomeness? Or is he done with KC no matter what?

dl89
01-30-2013, 08:59 AM
And an important side-question: Do you want him back?

Guru
01-30-2013, 09:21 AM
yes and yes

DMN
01-30-2013, 09:40 AM
I would definitely want him back. Unless John Dorsey has plans to go after Jennings. It is highly speculated that he will not be back in green bay. I feel Jennings is the better all around receiver, but to Bowes' defense he has had a pretty atrocious offense around him.

It worries me that whom ever comes in at QB will have the likes of Breaston and Baldwin to start for them. that will be tough. If Baldwin doesn't learn to run a route and get a little separation I would label him a bust. he just looks so clunky getting in and out of his cuts.

I think that Bowe and Jennings will arguably be the best FA WRs available. and in a pass happy league, and given our QB situation or lack thereof, you can't blame them for testing the market. Money is the only way this deal gets done.

Free-agent WR Greg Jennings selling Green Bay house - NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000132151/article/freeagent-wr-greg-jennings-selling-green-bay-house)

there is the obvious green bay connection.

Guru
01-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Why not both? Jennings and Bowe.

Keep in mind, Jennings has problems staying healthy now so just swapping them out isn't an option.

dl89
01-30-2013, 11:19 AM
That's right. Jennings wouldn't play the same role in this team that Bowe does. We really need Baldwin to step into that role, but it seems pretty damn obvious that he can't deal with press coverage. Reid's gotta have good WRs, right? He's totally going to base the offense around them, so picking up Jennings and still retaining Bowe would be awesome. I just don't know if we're willing to spend that kind of money. Would you rather start the year with Jennings and Bowe, or Jennings and Revis?

chiefnut
01-30-2013, 12:57 PM
i still believe under the right coach and system bowe. baldwin. breaston could be one of the top[ receiving trio's in the league.

KCCF
01-30-2013, 04:20 PM
That's right. Jennings wouldn't play the same role in this team that Bowe does. We really need Baldwin to step into that role, but it seems pretty damn obvious that he can't deal with press coverage. Reid's gotta have good WRs, right? He's totally going to base the offense around them, so picking up Jennings and still retaining Bowe would be awesome. I just don't know if we're willing to spend that kind of money. Would you rather start the year with Jennings and Bowe, or Jennings and Revis?

Revis? Really? Speculated he would want around 16M Per and is coming off of a messed up knee... no thanks.

Chiefster
01-30-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm sure he will consider it and I would welcome it. Is it absolutely crucial that he stay?...That maybe the real question.

FranciscoD'anconia
01-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Reid learned his lesson with Asomougha. Getting a high priced DB who's best years are behind him is not something they're going to do.

70 chiefsfan70
01-31-2013, 09:46 AM
I think we need to ask ourselves, was Bowe really worth 9.2 mil last year????

Sure we had a bad, actually horrible qb situation. But we had a very good run game. I remember Bowe playing very lazy lots of the time. Dropped a lot of balls. Is extremely arigant. He is far from a top 10 reciever in my opinion.

I agree, our new qb needs someone better then baldwin or breaston to throw at but Bowe is not a 10 mil dollar WR.

Justin5772002
02-01-2013, 04:57 AM
We have an offensive minded coach he's not gonna go after the highest paid defensive player in the history of the nfl

Guru
02-01-2013, 07:39 AM

Sure we had a bad, actually horrible qb situation. But we had a very good run game. I remember Bowe playing very lazy lots of the time. Dropped a lot of balls. Is extremely arigant. He is far from a top 10 reciever in my opinion.

I agree, our new qb needs someone better then baldwin or breaston to throw at but Bowe is not a 10 mil dollar WR.

And look what we did as soon as he was out for the year. We got even worse.

70 chiefsfan70
02-01-2013, 02:32 PM

Certainly we got worse. No one here or anywhere says he hurts the team. The man is very talented, but hes lazy and very inconsitant. He continually runs lazy slow routes when he is not the intended reciever. I would like to sign him, but not for over 37.5 mil 5 year, even that is overpaying. But we have needs, that include wr.

I do believe he would start playing better and more into the game with a new qb. It was very obvious he and Cassel, or Quinn didnt have any kind of rythm.

N TX Dave
02-01-2013, 07:49 PM

Can you tell just why Breaston did not play after Bowie was out for the year? He is a good receiver but was not even active, now if that continues this year that means something happened to him mentally or physically.

Guru
02-02-2013, 05:16 AM
Can you tell just why Breaston did not play after Bowie was out for the year? He is a good receiver but was not even active, now if that continues this year that means something happened to him mentally or physically.

At this point, I feel Pioli just didn't like him and didn't want him playing. I really hope we keep Breaston because he is a great #2 WR.

Chiefster
02-03-2013, 08:17 AM
At this point, I feel Pioli just didn't like him and didn't want him playing. I really hope we keep Breaston because he is a great #2 WR.

X2! With a little more development, I think, he could slide into that number one spot.

dl89
02-03-2013, 10:27 AM
If Breaston is our #1 receiver starting next year, we're doomed. That's nonsense, and there's no way Reid would let it happen.

slc chief
02-03-2013, 12:10 PM

what has breaston ever done while here to be consider a great #2 receiver .the guy has been horrible since coming to the chiefs. we need to keep d-bowe.

N TX Dave
02-04-2013, 12:59 AM
2011 stats for Breaston Rec 61

yards 785

Avg 12.9

TD

2. Not great but not that bad only went to 7 rec for 74 yards this year.

Guru
02-05-2013, 04:27 AM
what has breaston ever done while here to be consider a great #2 receiver .the guy has been horrible since coming to the chiefs. we need to keep d-bowe.
Where did I say we didn't need to keep bowe? Breaston has NOT been horrible either.

doobs_05
02-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Reid learned his lesson with Asomougha. Getting a high priced DB who's best years are behind him is not something they're going to do.

I think Asomouqha is more of a man to man corner and not a Zone coverage corner. (or was it the other way around) PHI and OAK played different coverages with the CBs. I wouldn't mind revis but the asking price is too high

Chiefster
02-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Where did I say we didn't need to keep bowe? Breaston has NOT been horrible either.

I agree, Breaston has not been horrible. I think he has untapped potential and would be a mistake to let him go. JMHO

slc chief
02-05-2013, 09:54 PM

i wasn't quoteing you.

slc chief
02-05-2013, 09:55 PM

i was talking about this

Guru
02-06-2013, 04:12 AM
i wasn't quoteing you.
Actually, you did quote me in your reply so why would I not think you are speaking directly to me?

Coach
02-06-2013, 07:19 PM

Not sure I know the answer to that question, but there seems to be a lot of teams that think he is.

Chiefster
02-07-2013, 02:29 AM
Not sure I know the answer to that question, but there seems to be a lot of teams that think he is.

Good point, and if we're going to let him go than we need to get value for him.