PDA

View Full Version : Salary Cap Breakdown for the Chiefs

Coach
02-19-2013, 12:04 AM
http://www.curate.us/i/efr.png (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1528210-latest-salary-cap-breakdown-for-kansas-city-chiefs)
(Share Clip (http://www.curate.us/s/efr))
Here is the latest salary cap breakdown for the Kansas City Chiefs.

70 chiefsfan70
02-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Thanks Coach!

There is a lot of good info in that link.

Seems like Breaston, Jackson, and Cassel are same as gone.

Coach
02-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Thanks Coach!

There is a lot of good info in that link.

Seems like Breaston, Jackson, and Cassel are same as gone.

agreed. Breaston is now gone. Cassel will likely be on the roster till we make a trade for a QB as insurance policy in case we can't find a QB in free agency. Once we do, he is likely gone. I see no possible scenario where Tyson Jackson plays under his current cap #. Either he restructures his deal, or he gets cut.

pojote
02-20-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm guessing that Cassel and Jackson are working on pay cuts or they would were released already.

FranciscoD'anconia
02-20-2013, 10:56 AM
I have no doubt that Jackson and Cassel will be cut. If I had to guess, I'd say they haven't been released already because that would give Bowe/Albert more leverage if the Chiefs have $34 million in cap space vs $18 million. As soon as they sign one of those guys, other stuff will come together.

Coach
02-20-2013, 04:48 PM
I have no doubt that Jackson and Cassel will be cut. If I had to guess, I'd say they haven't been released already because that would give Bowe/Albert more leverage if the Chiefs have $34 million in cap space vs $18 million. As soon as they sign one of those guys, other stuff will come together.
I'd agree with that idea. I don't think we will release Cassel until we sign another QB though. He is currently being kept as an insurance policy in my opinion. He's the best QB on our roster, they won't cut him til they sign someone better.

FranciscoD'anconia
02-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Right. And that's probably what they're thinking. The only way they would cut him before they need to would be respect. They would say to him, "We want you to have as much time as possible to find a new job." Reid has a reputation around the league as being a coach that players want to play for and want to sign with. That's the type of gesture he might make. But on the principle of what's best for the QB situation, what you're saying makes sense.

Guru
02-21-2013, 04:11 AM
I'd agree with that idea. I don't think we will release Cassel until we sign another QB though. He is currently being kept as an insurance policy in my opinion. He's the best QB on our roster, they won't cut him til they sign someone better.
That fact is just sickening. True, but sickening.

Chiefster
02-21-2013, 06:44 PM
That fact is just sickening. True, but sickening.

...And I don't see any indication that we will draft Geno, although at this point who we will pick in that first round is mere conjecture.