PDA

View Full Version : Trade effectively done for alex smith?

marloweopatchiefs
02-24-2013, 08:20 PM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/02/24/deal-for-alex-smith-effectively-complete-according-to-report/

I'm guessing it's the chiefs

Chiefster
02-25-2013, 12:27 AM
The talk around the combine is that it's the Chiefs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/reports-trade-alex-smith-san-francisco-done-004247921--nfl.html

(http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/reports-trade-alex-smith-san-francisco-done-004247921--nfl.html)

chiefnut
02-25-2013, 09:07 AM
i am not sure if i like this deal, don't like giving up a 3rd AND another pik. remember our 3rd round is akin to a late 2nd which would have given us a good shot at 3 talented players, but then again we would never have found as good a QB at that 3rd pik as alex smith so i guess it looks like a good deal.

Bortnem
02-25-2013, 09:49 AM
i am not sure if i like this deal, don't like giving up a 3rd AND another pik. remember our 3rd round is akin to a late 2nd which would have given us a good shot at 3 talented players, but then again we would never have found as good a QB at that 3rd pik as alex smith so i guess it looks like a good deal.

Best case scenario is we gave them the 3rd round pick we are likely to get for losing Carr last year. If that is the case, it makes the trade much more appealing with still having our 3 picks that can hopefully turn into starters. Also, would leave us the 4th or 5th to take a chance on Tyler Bray who has lots of upside, but needs to be taught how to be a professional and Alex Smith would do a great job at that, which was pointed out by another member on the other Alex Smith thread.

All in all, I dont want to jump to any conclusions until it is official. We can only hope that the chiefs new brass isnt giving up too much for Smith.

jap1
02-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Dont think you can trade compensatory picks.

jason1981
02-26-2013, 01:18 AM
Yeah u cant trade comp picks.

Bortnem
02-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Dont think you can trade compensatory picks.

Yeah u cant trade comp picks.

Did not know that. Thanks for the info guys.

doobs_05
02-26-2013, 01:07 PM
So if we get him, we have to pay him 8.5 million right? How much would we be paying Matt this year?

jason1981
02-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Who says we cant rework his contract once we get him? Still think 8 mil a year is cheap thiugh.

jc25
02-26-2013, 08:56 PM
I hope we get him!

Chiefster
02-26-2013, 09:23 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8982925/san-francisco-49ers-confident-trade-alex-smith-sources&w_cid=widgets:team:nfl:www.chiefscountry.com

Chiefs fanatic
02-26-2013, 11:57 PM
Who says we cant rework his contract once we get him? Still think 8 mil a year is cheap thiugh.

I think it's highly doubtful. I've heard that he likely would receive more than 8.5 mil if he was a free agent.

Guru
02-27-2013, 02:04 AM
IF true, same as it ever was in Chiefs land. Sure hoping this is NOT true.

Chiefster
02-27-2013, 08:05 AM
IF true, same as it ever was in Chiefs land. Sure hoping this is NOT true.

I read what you're sayin bud, but, if it is true, I would think that it wouldn't quite be the same for a couple of reasons:

First, Smith is better than Cassel and wouldn't have to be developed like any one of the QBs entering this years draft. (IMO)

Second, Andy Reid, unlike Haley or Crennel, knows what to do with a QB.

Guru
02-27-2013, 08:31 AM
I read what you're sayin bud, but, if it is true, I would think that it wouldn't quite be the same for a couple of reasons:

First, Smith is better than Cassel and wouldn't have to be developed like any one of the QBs entering this years draft. (IMO)

Second, Andy Reid, unlike Haley or Crennel, knows what to do with a QB.
Come on Chiefster, you have been a fan for how long now? I don't see how any fan can sign off on doing the SAME THING every few years. Bad QB play. OK, lets get somebody elses backup and make them a starter. Rinse Repeat. WE haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. WE haven't drafted a first round QB in 30 years. We haven't been to a superbowl in GASP 43 years.

Something has GOT to give!!!!

What is the one thing the Chiefs NEVER do? Draft and develop their own QB.

It is time to take a chance and do something DIFFERENT. Get Geno. Get Barkley. Get Manuel. Get Wilson. I don't care. Just get one of them and develop them. Stop promoting other teams castoffs.

FranciscoD'anconia
02-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Brett Favre was Atlanta's backup QB so they traded him. How did that work out for GB? It's about getting the best QB. Forget the label "somebody else's backup". If they evaluate him to be the best option, then he's the best option. If he's better than some one who wasn't somebody else's backup, why go with the worse guy just so you can say, "He's not somebody else's backup"?

It's not "doing the same thing every year". KC has never traded for Alex Smith before. He's his own unique person. Reid and Dorsey know what they're doing. They have a track record. If they think he's the man, then let's see if they're right.

matthewschiefs
02-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Brett Favre was Atlanta's backup QB so they traded him. How did that work out for GB? It's about getting the best QB. Forget the label "somebody else's backup". If they evaluate him to be the best option, then he's the best option. If he's better than some one who wasn't somebody else's backup, why go with the worse guy just so you can say, "He's not somebody else's backup"?

It's not "doing the same thing every year". KC has never traded for Alex Smith before. He's his own unique person. Reid and Dorsey know what they're doing. They have a track record. If they think he's the man, then let's see if they're right.

THIS

It doesn't matter how you get a QB. What matters is if he's the right QB. If he's the right QB then it doesn't matter how we get him. We brought in the St.Louis Rams backup Trent Green that worked pretty well for us. We drafted Brodie Croyle that didn't work Brodie was not the right QB Trent was. You just have to get the right Qb

germaine93
02-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Brett Favre was Atlanta's backup QB so they traded him. How did that work out for GB? It's about getting the best QB. Forget the label "somebody Else's backup". If they evaluate him to be the best option, then he's the best option. If he's better than some one who wasn't somebody Else's backup, why go with the worse guy just so you can say, "He's not somebody Else's backup"?

thank you! you are talking some sense...The reason they probably won't draft a guy in the 1st is because there probably isn't one WORTH a 1st round pick! that's not the chiefs fault! So you mean to tell me when we get smith and draft one of the guys you mentioned (Barkley, Manuel, Wilson, etc) in the 2nd or 3rd, that that's not a good deal? I for one will be happy. Just my 2 cents.

FranciscoD'anconia
02-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Look at the 2010 draft class. One guy who MAYBE should have gone in the first round, St. Louis reached for at #1 and then a bunch of guys who were all reaches in the 2nd and 3rd round, none of which should be playing in the NFL. That's this class, except that Bradford is probably even better than Gino. Would you pass up on all 22 probowl players in that draft to take a mediocre QB?

Chiefster
02-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Come on Chiefster, you have been a fan for how long now? I don't see how any fan can sign off on doing the SAME THING every few years. Bad QB play. OK, lets get somebody elses backup and make them a starter. Rinse Repeat. WE haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. WE haven't drafted a first round QB in 30 years. We haven't been to a superbowl in GASP 43 years.

Something has GOT to give!!!!

What is the one thing the Chiefs NEVER do? Draft and develop their own QB.

It is time to take a chance and do something DIFFERENT. Get Geno. Get Barkley. Get Manuel. Get Wilson. I don't care. Just get one of them and develop them. Stop promoting other teams castoffs.

I absolutely agree Guru, but Smith is absolutely NOT just another teams cast off. Smith lost his starting job because of injury; it wasn't like he was benched because he WASN'T performing at a high level. I have no problem with drafting a QB to develop as well and I think that Smith would be a good QB to learn from. It's not a question of me signing off on this move particularly if it's going to happen anyway, I’m just trying to see the glass half full. I'm a fan of the of the Kansas City Chiefs, as I know you are, and as such the best we can hope for is that those making these kinds of decisions do so from years of proven successful experience. I get your point and understand the frustration; you and I have been a very large part of that frustration for far too long especially with regards to the QB position. We have been a QB away from a winning season, playoff win and SB appearance for far too many years now. However, the game has somewhat changed, now that we have the rookie cap we can do both. At the end of the day: it is what it is.

However, I do concede you're point about doing something different.

Canada
02-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Did you really just compare Brett Favres situation to Smith? Favre had been a rookie backup for one season. Smith is going into his 9th year. If you look at the stats Alex Smith IS Matt Cassel. (with a few less TD and a few more INTs and a slightly worse career QB rating) Guru is absolutely correct. Same old crap.

matthewschiefs
02-27-2013, 11:00 AM
. I have no problem with drafting a QB to develop as well and I think that Smith would be a good QB to learn from. .

This is something that all the people who are so upset about Smith possibly being brought in ignore. Just because we bring him in doesn't mean we still can't draft a QB. Maybe that Rookie guy wouldn't be ready. Not every Rookie QB is Luck or RGIII they are not the normal rookies. There is no rookie in this draft at there level. Not close to there level. Any QB drafted might have to sit a year or two to be ready. Smith has won in the NFL. He has won in the playoffs. He can fill the plug just in case a rookie is not ready. It would be stupid to just assume that a rookie is going to be ready day 1. You have to give yourselfs options.

And lets be honest we can also build more around that rookie so he has a better chance to win when he would start playing. WE ARE NOT A QB AWAY. I watched this team all year. Both offense and defense were not giving this team much a chance to win. The D had some really good games but they didn't have a good season overall. Go watch the Tampa game. Those same high throws that our "horrible QBs" were throwing were being thrown against our D there guys went up made a catch and took it to the house ALL DAY. And that was not the only game stuff like that happened. Bringing in a vet could allow us to develop a QB while building a better team around him when he would become the starter.

matthewschiefs
02-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Did you really just compare Brett Favres situation to Smith? Favre had been a rookie backup for one season. Smith is going into his 9th year. If you look at the stats Alex Smith IS Matt Cassel. (with a few less TD and a few more INTs and a slightly worse career QB rating) Guru is absolutely correct. Same old crap.

I'm going to keep beating the drum that they are NOT the same QB. There are two MAJOR differences between the two of them.

1. Alex Smith has WON in the playoffs. Matt Cassel has not.

2. Matt Cassel had a good year in 2010 Smith good year in 2011 While the year after 2010 Cassel took a MAJOR step Backwards Smith kept playing well up until he got hurt and lost his job.

kcvet
02-27-2013, 12:45 PM
he did get knocked out with a concussion. hope this doesn't jump up and bite us on the A

AkChief49
02-27-2013, 01:23 PM
I absolutely agree. Combine that with the fact that the niners o-line has '3' 1st rounders (Staley, A. Davis, M.lupati) Add in V. Davis (TE)and it's 4 1st rounders. I believe Palko could play behind that line. Okay that's stretching it a bit, but not much.

AkChief49
02-27-2013, 01:25 PM
what's the deal with the thumbs up? I tried to give one and it turned red-thumbs down?

doobs_05
02-27-2013, 01:30 PM
A 2nd round pick for Alex smith is not smart. With the new rookie salary scale, it's not so bad to take a shot at a QB in the draft.

doobs_05
02-27-2013, 01:32 PM
what's the deal with the thumbs up? I tried to give one and it turned red-thumbs down?

If you click it, it takes away the thumbs up, so you can only give one thumbs up on each comment and i don't think the thumbs can go into negative number

Chiefster
02-27-2013, 04:25 PM
If you click it, it takes away the thumbs up, so you can only give one thumbs up on each comment and i don't think the thumbs can go into negative number

That is the case.

MyManHali
02-27-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm going to keep beating the drum that they are NOT the same QB. There are two MAJOR differences between the two of them.

1. Alex Smith has WON in the playoffs. Matt Cassel has not.

2. Matt Cassel had a good year in 2010 Smith good year in 2011 While the year after 2010 Cassel took a MAJOR step Backwards Smith kept playing well up until he got hurt and lost his job.

Alex Smith is a noodle armed qb who played well on an extremely stacked team. Sound familiar? His play reminds me of Cassel.

MyManHali
02-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Bono, Grbac, Cassel, Smith.

I cannot even begin to express my frustration with this franchise. We don't ever learn anything from the past.

70 chiefsfan70
02-27-2013, 05:11 PM
I can't wait till March 12th when we find out its all a big painful joke! Just hoping.

MyManHali
02-27-2013, 05:21 PM
In the last 4 years Alex Smith has only three 300-yard games.

Cassel has 4.

matthewschiefs
02-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Alex Smith is a noodle armed qb who played well on an extremely stacked team. Sound familiar? His play reminds me of Cassel.

Anyone not named Geno would not make you happy

But anyway tell me when has Cassel won a playoff game? When has Cassel ever had his team a muffed punt away from being in the SUPER bowl? Those results don't say Matt Cassel to me. How about we give him a chance before whining just because we are not going to go QB first pick or Geno.

MyManHali
02-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Anyone not named Geno would not make you happy

But anyway tell me when has Cassel won a playoff game? When has Cassel ever had his team a muffed punt away from being in the SUPER bowl? Those results don't say Matt Cassel to me. How about we give him a chance before whining just because we are not going to go QB first pick or Geno.

Cassel does not have a playoff win. The fact we are even putting our new qb in the same boat as Cassel is just sad.

Smith and Cassel have idential YPA. Cassel in the last 4 seasons has one more 300 yard passing game than Smith does, which is 4 games versus Smith's 3. He averaged 187 ypg under Harbaugh. The whole thing is just sad. We are giving up so much for someone who reminds me an awful lot of Cassel.

matthewschiefs
02-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Bono, Grbac, Cassel, Smith.

I cannot even begin to express my frustration with this franchise. We don't ever learn anything from the past.

Funny how you don't mention Trent Green who gave us the number 1 offense in the NFL for a number of years. Or even the last QB to win a playoff game for us Joe Montana funny how you just happen to leave them out.

Cassel does not have a playoff win. The fact we are even putting our new qb in the same boat as Cassel is just sad.

Smith and Cassel have idential YPA. Cassel in the last 4 seasons has one more 300 yard passing game than Smith does, which is 4 games versus Smith's 3. The whole thing is just sad. We are giving up so much for someone who reminds me an awful lot of Cassel.

You will find a way to put any qb not named Geno in the same boat as Cassel. The fact is that Alex Smith has put his team in a position to get to the super bowl no matter how much you don't like him that's a fact. That's something Cassel never did. Are you telling me the 2011 niners are better then the Pats in 08?

MyManHali
02-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Funny how you don't mention Trent Green who gave us the number 1 offense in the NFL for a number of years. Or even the last QB to win a playoff game for us Joe Montana funny how you just happen to leave them out.

You will find a way to put any qb not named Geno in the same boat as Cassel. The fact is that Alex Smith has put his team in a position to get to the super bowl no matter how much you don't like him that's a fact. That's something Cassel never did. Are you telling me the 2011 niners are better then the Pats in 08?

Alex smith is more of a game manager, don't turn the ball over type of qb which is why I don't understand giving up so much for him. Like it or not he resembles Cassel, and I don't consider a qb whose job is to manage the game as someone who puts them in a position to contend for the super bowl.

Look at his stats and play, he and Cassel are VERY VERY similar.

And if you remember correctly I wanted to trade down and pick Barkley and a CB versus drafting Geno with the first pick. I would of been fine either way, but not with this.

MyManHali
02-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Smith's unofficial trade from San Francisco to Kansas City invited comparisons between Smith and recent Chiefs starting quarterback Matt Cassel. Smith was much better than Cassel during the 2012 season. He has much better traditional passing stats over the past two seasons. But as the chart shows, Cassel and Smith have identical Total QBR scores over the past five years. They were at 46.6. All starting quarterbacks were at 53.0 over that period. ()

Cassel was slightly ahead of Smith, 46.4 to 45.8, when only starts were considered.

We ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.

Guru
02-28-2013, 03:36 AM
I absolutely agree Guru, but Smith is absolutely NOT just another teams cast off. Smith lost his starting job because of injury; it wasn't like he was benched because he WASN'T performing at a high level. I have no problem with drafting a QB to develop as well and I think that Smith would be a good QB to learn from. It's not a question of me signing off on this move particularly if it's going to happen anyway, I’m just trying to see the glass half full. I'm a fan of the of the Kansas City Chiefs, as I know you are, and as such the best we can hope for is that those making these kinds of decisions do so from years of proven successful experience. I get your point and understand the frustration; you and I have been a very large part of that frustration for far too long especially with regards to the QB position. We have been a QB away from a winning season, playoff win and SB appearance for far too many years now. However, the game has somewhat changed, now that we have the rookie cap we can do both. At the end of the day: it is what it is.

However, I do concede you're point about doing something different.
You have more patience than I do then. I'm tired of banging my head against the wall.

Guru
02-28-2013, 03:37 AM
Holy Crap!!! Is it the end of the world? Canada and I agree on something? WOW!!!!!

Chiefster
02-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Holy Crap!!! Is it the end of the world? Canada and I agree on something? WOW!!!!!

:lol:

Chiefster
02-28-2013, 10:43 AM
You have more patience than I do then. I'm tired of banging my head against the wall.

Oh I don't know buddy, I think we've all been patient long enough and that results need to take place sooner rather than later. I have just learned that these things will transpire regardless of how I feel, personally, about them, and that my mental heath suffers less if I just learn to take it all in stride. It's really all I can do to affect only those things that I control.

doobs_05
02-28-2013, 01:14 PM

Funny how you leave out DeBerg lol

Canada
02-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Holy Crap!!! Is it the end of the world? Canada and I agree on something? WOW!!!!!LOL!! I noticed that too....I guess im finally wrong about something!!

matthewschiefs
02-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Funny how you leave out DeBerg lol

He was actually before my time so I didn't even think of him LOL

But my man only likes to point out the negative qbs he doesn't ever mention the QBs who did well how few they were there still were some.

matthewschiefs
02-28-2013, 02:45 PM
LOL!! I noticed that too....I guess im finally wrong about something!!

Must be the beer withdrawls LOL

AkChief49
02-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Just tossing this out there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Smith

(trying to see some light)

49ers franchise records

Most game winning drives in a single season: 6 (2011)[62] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Smith#cite_note-SF-62)
Most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season: 6 (2011)[62] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Smith#cite_note-SF-62)
Fewest interceptions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interception) in a single season: 5 in 2011 (16 starts) [62] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Smith#cite_note-SF-62)
Most consecutive pass attempts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pass_attempt) without an interception: 249 (previous record: 184, by Steve Young (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Young))[63] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Smith#cite_note-63)[64] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Smith#cite_note-64)

If it is our second round pick (34) this deal still sucks. I've read rumors that we might be trading 2nd round picks. I can get on board with that. This whole thing started out as rumor, it was squashed, then it became real again. So, here's to hoping the deal is a 2nd round swap. March 12th comes before April fools day so that's out. Other rumors are that Chokeland drove up the price.

Trying to see light again: I can believe Andy is a better judge, jury and executioner for QB's than Romeo.

MyManHali
02-28-2013, 07:22 PM
We are the laughing stock of the NFL. I was over at the orange mane boards (Broncos fans) and everyone loves this trade.

Chiefster
02-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Call me blind, in denial or simply out of touch but it's just impossible for me to buy into all the gloom and doom before there's even a single snap in the 2013 season. I get the frustration that's come to an head over the last few years, and maybe I'll feel differently buy mid season but I just cannot see things so negatively at this point in the game so to speak.

Bike
02-28-2013, 11:02 PM
A new coach (again), a new GM (again), a new QB (again), new coordinators (again) - and we were THEEE WORSE team in the NFL last year. And we're trading away draft picks. There's a lot to be said about consistency in the NFL - and KC just doesn't have it.

Chiefster
02-28-2013, 11:23 PM
A new coach (again), a new GM (again), a new QB (again), new coordinators (again) - and we were THEEE WORSE team in the NFL last year. And we're trading away draft picks. There's a lot to be said about consistency in the NFL - and KC just doesn't have it.

I hear what your saying bud but as fans we too have to make up our minds. Do we want change or consistency? There is a lot to be said for consistency and we've had very little of it, but we also have to give the new regime a chance to establish consistency.

OTR Chiefs fan
02-28-2013, 11:59 PM
I hear what your saying bud but as fans we too have to make up our minds. Do we want change or consistency? There is a lot to be said for consistency and we've had very little of it, but we also have to give the new regime a chance to establish consistency.

I couldn't agree more. At this point in time I'm willing to give Reid the benefit of the doubt. He is a proven winner and shown he can win consistently over a period of time. He's not some newbie with no coaching experience or some coach who doesn't have a winning track record. I applaud the Chiefs for once not going on the cheap to get a head coach with questionable winning systems.

Chiefster
03-01-2013, 12:18 AM
I couldn't agree more. At this point in time I'm willing to give Reid the benefit of the doubt. He is a proven winner and shown he can win consistently over a period of time. He's not some newbie with no coaching experience or some coach who doesn't have a winning track record. I applaud the Chiefs for once not going on the cheap to get a head coach with questionable winning systems.

Great point!

MyManHali
03-01-2013, 01:15 AM

Our very first move with this new regime was trading draft picks for a mediocre qb. How is that supposed to establish any kind of consistency? We have picked up FA qb the past 20 years.

Chiefster
03-01-2013, 01:32 AM
Our very first move with this new regime was trading draft picks for a mediocre qb. How is that supposed to establish any kind of consistency? We have picked up FA qb the past 20 years.

Well I'd call that pretty consistent. j/k :lol:

With all due respect MMH, I really don't view Alex Smith in quite the same way you do. I believe that over the course of the last two years he has proven to be much more than mediocre. With Reid's background of developing QB's I'm hopeful that Smith will continue to perform at a high level. There was every indication that, before his injury, Smith could have taken the 49ers every bit as far as Kaepernick did this last year. I won't be so presumptuous as to say I know that Smith will be the QB we all hope he'll be, but by the same token I'm not ready to write him off as a complete bust either.

Guru
03-01-2013, 02:18 AM
LOL!! I noticed that too....I guess im finally wrong about something!!
Regardless of our differences, we still choose to cheer for the Chiefs. So we will always have that in common. Man, how demented are we? LOL

Guru
03-01-2013, 02:20 AM
Oh, I don't know. I think we have been pretty damn consistent over the years. Just not in a good way.

MyManHali
03-01-2013, 03:00 AM
Oh, I don't know. I think we have been pretty damn consistent over the years. Just not in a good way.

And it continues with this regime, yet this board seems to be fine with it.

Chiefster
03-01-2013, 06:49 AM

:lol: Yeah, I should have said good consistency.

Chiefster
03-01-2013, 07:29 AM
And it continues with this regime, yet this board seems to be fine with it.

Oh, I don't know there seems to be a good number of those here quite discontent with the situation and that's ok. Just because a hand full of people here don't share your perspective of how things are does not mean that we or the entire board is delusional or wearing rose colored glasses. Nor does it mean that those who do share your perspective are nothing but whiners and complainers. It is what it is, I'm trying to stay as positive as I can because I believe there is enough in the world to be negative about. I don't believe for one second that those of us here are not true Chiefs fans simply because we differ in our perspectives. I try not to lump everyone into just one category or the other.

Guru
03-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Oh, I don't know there seems to be a good number of those here quite discontent with the situation and that's ok. Just because a hand full of people here don't share your perspective of how things are does not mean that we or the entire board is delusional or wearing rose colored glasses. Nor does it mean that those who do share your perspective are nothing but whiners and complainers. It is what it is, I'm trying to stay as positive as I can because I believe there is enough in the world to be negative about. I don't believe for one second that those of us here are not true Chiefs fans simply because we differ in our perspectives. I try not to lump everyone into just one category or the other.
You should be a politician. :lol:

Chiefster
03-01-2013, 08:01 AM
You should be a politician. :lol:

:lol: Nope that's one thing in this world I feel soooo negatively about.