PDA

View Full Version : Raider fan here

OaklandRaiderss
10-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Whats up chiefs fans, Raider fan here. Just looking forward to the upcoming game this sunday as i'm anticipating a very close one. The Chiefs seem to be on a roll, congratz to TG btw. And the Raiders are hungry for our first win in the AFC west in quite some time.

Things that scare me are Jared Allen going up against Barry Sims our LT, and Larry Johnson going up against our very weak run defense.

Guys you should be looking out for are Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison, our LB's that have been lighting it up in the pass game, and also look for Lamont Jordan and the Raiders run game to get going, with Dominic Rhodes possibly getting in on his first carries of the year.

It would be cool to get some input from you guys on who to look out for on the chiefs this weekend, and heres to a great game.

:footballhelmet:

timsatt1
10-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks for posting! Should be a fun, close, competitive, typical Chiefs/Raiders great rivalry game.

Can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canada
10-17-2007, 06:59 PM
I figure we will win by three in a pretty low scoring game. But LaMont Jordan will mostly go backwards on the day. He will be staying back to protect Culpecker from the D-Line!

hermhater
10-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Whats up chiefs fans, Raider fan here. Just looking forward to the upcoming game this sunday as i'm anticipating a very close one. The Chiefs seem to be on a roll, congratz to TG btw. And the Raiders are hungry for our first win in the AFC west in quite some time.

Things that scare me are Jared Allen going up against Barry Sims our LT, and Larry Johnson going up against our very weak run defense.

Guys you should be looking out for are Thomas Howard and Kirk Morrison, our LB's that have been lighting it up in the pass game, and also look for Lamont Jordan and the Raiders run game to get going, with Dominic Rhodes possibly getting in on his first carries of the year.

It would be cool to get some input from you guys on who to look out for on the chiefs this weekend, and heres to a great game.

Pollard is a monster and will crush your receivers, so watch out for him.

Napoleon Harris is second only to JA in sacks, so better get a couple guys on him.

DBo is the MAN and your corners will not be able to cover him.

Lots of monsters on D for the Chiefs!!!

The O line is probably gonna be our weakest link (again) so don't stack the box against LJ!!!!!

Thanks for being respectful of the Chiefs Crowd.

I didn't really know that there were Raiders fans out there that had civility in them.

:sign0098:

tornadospotter
10-17-2007, 11:37 PM

Looking forward to a great game, Chiefs and Raiders have always been a battle, I will admitt to being a Raider hater, but that is because I love the Chiefs and to me the Raiders are my biggest rival, even over the donks, close but that is what it is. So there for I wish your team luck, my team more luck, and if you wish to convert, we welcome all. :lol: If you are going to the game or even watching the game on TV I will drink a :bananen_smilies046: to you a fellow fan of the AFC West!
But I must warn you, a Red and Gold Tornado may be headed your way, time will tell if the Chiefs can bring the Storm. Beware of the Red Hats. :lol: Have a :bananen_smilies046: with me, and I am sure we can agree that the donks suck.

anaeelbackwards
10-18-2007, 12:01 AM
no matter the players, the coaches, the record

its still chiefs/raiders baby!

its always a good close down to the nitty gritty game...

daunte culpepper is doin pretty good though

:mob:

raider-hater to the fullest!

chief31
10-18-2007, 01:35 AM
Damn!!! I was hoping to get to ban someone. Lol.

It is a rarity to hear from a Raiders fan with even a touch of class. Welcome aboard.

Two things that I would like to add to the "look out for" list. Even though the entire league is aware of what T-Gonz can do to them, he seems to go ahead and do it anyway. I'm not sure if people were thinking that he had lost a step, or what. Also, Priest Holmes used to haunt the Raiders frequently. If he is to get any playing time, Raiders fans could wind-up with a familiar chill running down their collective spine.

All in all, I expect a very tough game. I picked the Chiefs, but wouldn't be amazed if the Raiders won this game. They have been playing pretty good football and the Chiefs have been enigmatic in offense.

Forgive me, but I am unable to wish your team luck this week. But the following week, I will be glad to.:D

hermhater
10-18-2007, 01:36 AM

It is a rarity to hear from a Raiders fan with even a touch of class. Welcome aboard.

Two things that I would like to add to the "look out for" list. Even though the entire league is aware of what T-Gonz can do to them, he seems to go ahead and do it anyway. I'm not sure if people were thinking that he had lost a step, or what. Also, Priest Holmes used to haunt the Raiders frequently. If he is to get any playing time, Raiders fans could wind-up with a familiar chill running down their collective spine.

All in all, I expect a very tough game. I picked the Chiefs, but wouldn't be amazed if the Raiders won this game. They have been playing pretty good football and the Chiefs have been enigmatic in offense.

Forgive me, but I am unable to wish your team luck this week. But the following week, I will be glad to.:D

Who do they play next week?

chief31
10-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Who do they play next week?

Not us.

hermhater
10-18-2007, 01:38 AM
Not us.

Have two teams ever had to play each other two weeks in a row?

Disregarding end of season/playoff games?

chief31
10-18-2007, 01:49 AM
Have two teams ever had to play each other two weeks in a row?

Disregarding end of season/playoff games?

Rbedgood?

rbedgood
10-18-2007, 04:01 AM
After much searching I haven't found a record of such an occurence...I found a few records of teams playing in the last week of the season and then meeting again in the first round of the playoffs (OAK v. NYJ a couple years ago for one)...however the closest I found in the regular season was 1993 PHI-WAS were 2 weeks apart.

chief31
10-18-2007, 04:03 AM
After much searching I haven't found a record of such an occurence...I found a few records of teams playing in the last week of the season and then meeting again in the first round of the playoffs (OAK v. NYJ a couple years ago for one)...however the closest I found in the regular season was 1993 PHI-WAS were 2 weeks apart.
:sign0098:

hermhater
10-18-2007, 04:09 AM

That quickly?

Really?

Really?

How?

rbedgood
10-18-2007, 04:17 AM
First I checked yahoo on various searches for

"same opponent" "consecutive games" and/or NFL...the only record of a professional sports team with consecutive games with the same opponent I found was the CFL's Roughriders...

then i checked the NFL schedules for the years with 31 teams (figuring that would have the best shot) and didn't find any that matched our criteria.

Then I checked for NFL scheduling procedures to see if a rule was in place to prevent such an occurence and couldn't find that either...

So the matter remains inconclusive...I can't find an occurence, but won't say there hasn't been one either. It seems unlikely though as it was rare to even find opponent matchups that were 2 weeks apart...

hermhater
10-18-2007, 04:27 AM
First I checked yahoo on various searches for

"same opponent" "consecutive games" and/or NFL...the only record of a professional sports team with consecutive games with the same opponent I found was the CFL's Roughriders...

then i checked the NFL schedules for the years with 31 teams (figuring that would have the best shot) and didn't find any that matched our criteria.

Then I checked for NFL scheduling procedures to see if a rule was in place to prevent such an occurence and couldn't find that either...

So the matter remains inconclusive...I can't find an occurence, but won't say there hasn't been one either. It seems unlikely though as it was rare to even find opponent matchups that were 2 weeks apart...

So that makes the odds this year non-existent, because of scheduling, and/or conference divisions?

Or could it actually happen?

sling58
10-18-2007, 07:14 AM

I heard KC Wolf was suiting up. He has been vicious this year and has been in the backfield disrupting plays all year! Him on one side and JA on the other. Your team might have it rough!

:lol:
Thanks for respecting the site by the way also.

Canada
10-18-2007, 11:56 AM
He isn't Lane Kiffin is he?

OaklandRaiderss
10-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Looking forward to a great game, Chiefs and Raiders have always been a battle, I will admitt to being a Raider hater, but that is because I love the Chiefs and to me the Raiders are my biggest rival, even over the donks, close but that is what it is. So there for I wish your team luck, my team more luck, and if you wish to convert, we welcome all. :lol: If you are going to the game or even watching the game on TV I will drink a :bananen_smilies046: to you a fellow fan of the AFC West!
But I must warn you, a Red and Gold Tornado may be headed your way, time will tell if the Chiefs can bring the Storm. Beware of the Red Hats. :lol: Have a :bananen_smilies046: with me, and I am sure we can agree that the donks suck.

The Donks do suck :bananen_smilies046:

anaeelbackwards
10-18-2007, 05:38 PM
hey oakland raiderss whats your take on the game? who's gonna win and well....why...

OaklandRaiderss
10-18-2007, 05:59 PM

Yeah there are some Raider fans out there that bring shame to the team. Seems like there are some for every team though, probly because its easy to be an internet tough guy.

thanks for the input, i liked Priest a lot when he was playing even tho he was on a rival. i hope he doesnt get many carries :wink:

Don't worry its ok about the luck, i only wished you enough luck for a score of Raiders 24 Chiefs 22:bananen_smilies046: :sign0089:

OaklandRaiderss
10-18-2007, 06:12 PM
hey oakland raiderss whats your take on the game? who's gonna win and well....why...

I really hope the Raiders win but we've been terrible stopping the run and i know thats something the Chefs are gonna really get after. On the other hand, we've been really good running the ball with the exception of last sunday when we didn't do anything well. So i think if the Raiders get the ball going on the ground, get an early lead, and win the TOP battle then we can pull it out because you will be forced to throw it more and it might help out our D. But i guess thats always what you wanna do lol. Basically i think the Raiders will pull out a close one at home, but i would not be surprised at all if KC won because they've definitely been playing well.

:character0007:

Chiefster
10-18-2007, 07:34 PM

Welcome aboard the "Crowd", and even though your a Raiders fan just go right ahead and make yourself at home. From the sound of your first post you are a class individual.

I think it will be interesting to see how Bowe is able to handle the Raider defensive secondary. What kind of pass defense does the Raiders have this year? It will be interesting to see how they fair against our swiss cheese "O" line. I, also, expect a close game; you can always throw the stats out the window when these two teams hook up.

sling58
10-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Welcome aboard the "Crowd", and even though your a Raiders fan just go right ahead and make yourself at home. From the sound of your first post you are a class individual.

I think it will be interesting to see how Bowe is able to handle the Raider defensive secondary. What kind of pass defense does the Raiders have this year? It will be interesting to see how they fair against our swiss cheese "O" line. I, also, expect a close game; you can always throw the stats out the window when these two teams hook up.

faders 13th against the pass, 212.2 yards allowed per game.

tammietailgator
10-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Yeah there are some Raider fans out there that bring shame to the team. Seems like there are some for every team though, probly because its easy to be an internet tough guy.

thanks for the input, i liked Priest a lot when he was playing even tho he was on a rival. i hope he doesnt get many carries :wink:

Don't worry its ok about the luck, i only wished you enough luck for a score of Raiders 24 Chiefs 22:bananen_smilies046: :sign0089:
It'll be more of 21 - 7 chiefs... my brother has a heart problem.... and the raiders always get him upset ;) You are pretty generous, almost made me rethink my raiderhater stance, but never mine.

Canada
10-19-2007, 10:49 PM

Sure is!! :bananen_smilies046: GO CHIEFS!! ...and Welcome to the crowd!! Hope to see you posting after the game (long term, hang out and stay a while!) but don't touch the beer in the fridge...That's mine ...and there are 6 for Sling and HH. And a few for anaeelbackwards and on for.....just don't touch the beer!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
10-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Sure is!! :bananen_smilies046: GO CHIEFS!! ...and Welcome to the crowd!! Hope to see you posting after the game (long term, hang out and stay a while!) but don't touch the beer in the fridge...That's mine ...and there are 6 for Sling and HH. And a few for anaeelbackwards and on for.....just don't touch the beer!! :bananen_smilies046:

I heard that Canada has a bear trap installed in front of the Budweiser, and it will only snap closed when a raider fan tries to grab a beer.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee302/libranoelrose/Chiefs%20Crowd%20thread%20posting/beartrap.gif

Canada
10-19-2007, 10:56 PM
I heard that Canada has a bear trap installed in front of the Budweiser, and it will only snap closed when a raider fan tries to grab a beer.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Or anybody else who tries to grab one really!! :bananen_smilies046:

FilipinoRaider
10-19-2007, 11:01 PM
no matter the players, the coaches, the record

its still chiefs/raiders baby!

its always a good close down to the nitty gritty game...

daunte culpepper is doin pretty good though

:mob:

raider-hater to the fullest!

It's going to be a good game. I don't care if we win by 1 point, I just want to snap this losing streak against the AFC West!

Canada
10-19-2007, 11:05 PM
It's going to be a good game. I don't care if we win by 1 point, I just want to snap this losing streak against the AFC West! I hope you do....against the donkeys!! :beer:

hermhater
10-19-2007, 11:09 PM
It's going to be a good game. I don't care if we win by 1 point, I just want to snap this losing streak against the AFC West!

Don't know where West Covina is, but I assume you will be watching the game right?

We have a live voice chat here during the game.

You're welcome to join!

FilipinoRaider
10-19-2007, 11:11 PM
Don't know where West Covina is, but I assume you will be watching the game right?

We have a live voice chat here during the game.

You're welcome to join!

If I'm home, I'll join in the chat. My friends and I usually go to the Sports Bar to watch the game.

FilipinoRaider
10-19-2007, 11:12 PM
I hope you do....against the donkeys!! :beer:

LoL!!!! Drink up :toast2:

hermhater
10-19-2007, 11:16 PM
If I'm home, I'll join in the chat. My friends and I usually go to the Sports Bar to watch the game.

It would be fun to hear a raiders fan take on the beatdown we will be giving you!

:lol::lol: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2:

Canada
10-19-2007, 11:16 PM
LoL!!!! Drink up :toast2::bananen_smilies046: Ya don't gotta tell me twice! :toast2:

FilipinoRaider
10-19-2007, 11:17 PM
It would be fun to hear a raiders fan take on the beatdown we will be giving you!

:lol::lol: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2:

That would be fun for you guys. LoL!!!

FilipinoRaider
10-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Check this link out. It's about the Raiders and Chiefs.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/video/player?id=153591s&channel=nfl_preview

tammietailgator
10-19-2007, 11:21 PM

couldnt resist

FilipinoRaider
10-19-2007, 11:24 PM

couldnt resist

Of course you couldn't LoL! I'm a guest in your house and I will respect you and your fans on this forum.

tammietailgator
10-19-2007, 11:27 PM
I appreciate that too, but I just couldn't stop myself :) such a funny picture!!! All in good fun:bananen_smilies046:

FilipinoRaider
10-19-2007, 11:28 PM
I appreciate that too, but I just couldn't stop myself :) such a funny picture!!! All in good fun:bananen_smilies046:

It would be funnier it were not photo shopped.

tammietailgator
10-19-2007, 11:34 PM
It would be funnier it were not photo shopped.
Not so sure about that

hermhater
10-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Not so sure about that.

Good one!!

:sign0098: :toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2::toast2:

tammietailgator
10-19-2007, 11:36 PM
I think it would be funny either way:lol:

sling58
10-20-2007, 07:39 AM

Canada, I already drank those. Oops!!!

sling58
10-20-2007, 07:40 AM
:bananen_smilies046: Ya don't gotta tell me twice! :toast2:

We don't have to tell you once!

:lol: :lol: