PDA

View Full Version : more alex smith to chiefs news

marloweopatchiefs
02-24-2013, 10:52 PM
http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/02/24/third-rounder-pick-for-alex-smith/

texaschief
02-24-2013, 11:16 PM
The 49ers better have picked up some of that money still owed for a 3rd plus.

Lord-Chiefy
02-24-2013, 11:31 PM
3rd rounder and late pick awesome. Get jackeal 1st pick wr 2nd pick. Qb then Cb

Lord-Chiefy
02-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Or trade down. 1st and get additional 2nd and maybe a 3rd.

Chiefster
02-25-2013, 12:20 AM
I'll refrain for doing another mass merge if folks can remember to post in existing threads on the same subject matter...please.

70 chiefsfan70
02-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Its an improvement, but I'm not impressed! I just dont see this being the best qb available. He is not likely to be the qb of the future. I still hope to see us pick up one of the top five qb's in the draft.

I'm not 100 percent convinced that Alex Smith would beat out Cassel on a true competition for the starting role.

Chiefster
02-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Its an improvement, but I'm not impressed! I just dont see this being the best qb available. He is not likely to be the qb of the future. I still hope to see us pick up one of the top five qb's in the draft.

I'm not 100 percent convinced that Alex Smith would beat out Cassel on a true competition for the starting role.

If we get Smith then Cassel is gone, but to your point I agree without a head to head competition for the starting spot it's impossible to know with 100% accuracy who the better QB is. However, it is my, overwhelming, perception that Smith is better.

drstandley31
02-25-2013, 08:19 PM
I'd still like to get Foles, but I'm not hearing much about thatl.

Three7s
02-25-2013, 08:23 PM
And now announcing your new starting QB for the Chiefs, Alex Cassel!

What a bunch of clowns.

Eydugstr
02-25-2013, 10:44 PM

Agreed. Although I think that A. Smith would beat out Cassel in competition, I just don't see this as being a huge change or improvement talent-wise. Why does KC always take someone else's backup and make them their starter? We do the same thing over and over, and expect different results.

Is this Dorsey's way of telling the fans that any offer for Nick Foles got thrown out of the picture?

OTR Chiefs fan
02-26-2013, 01:04 AM

I know and I think most of us think that Smith is not the future. But it's been my belief all along that we need to get a veteran QB this off season, because there's not a sure-fire QB in the draft this year. I'm not sure if Smith is better than Flynn, but the Chiefs need a vet. QB, trade out of the #1 pick and get a QB later in the draft. Then let Andy coach him up.:smile