PDA

View Full Version : So who becomes the backup QB?

doobs_05
03-01-2013, 12:41 PM
We traded for Alex Smith (unless somebody is dumb enough to offer SF a first rounder for him), and i hear that cassel will be cut and that quinn was looking at NY. Stanzi will never be a number 2, so who will be our backup QB? Will some of the better QBs in this draft class be available in the 3rd round? Will we trade up? or will we bring in a bum like Plako and Quinn from free agency?

texaschief
03-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Tyler Wilson

Chiefs fanatic
03-01-2013, 12:56 PM
We traded for Alex Smith (unless somebody is dumb enough to offer SF a first rounder for him), and i hear that cassel will be cut and that quinn was looking at NY. Stanzi will never be a number 2, so who will be our backup QB? Will some of the better QBs in this draft class be available in the 3rd round? Will we trade up? or will we bring in a bum like Plako and Quinn from free agency?
I think we'll sign another QB in free agency as well as draft one somewhere in the draft.

pojote
03-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Bray or Scott will compete with Stanzi and Alex Tanney

texaschief
03-01-2013, 01:26 PM
I thought about Bray, but I don't think he's mobile enough for Reid.

Chiefs fanatic
03-01-2013, 01:33 PM
I thought about Bray, but I don't think he's mobile enough for Reid.
I don't think mobility is a major issue if he was willing to draft Foles.

texaschief
03-01-2013, 01:51 PM
I don't think mobility is a major issue if he was willing to draft Foles.

true

jap1
03-01-2013, 02:08 PM
I think both Reid and Dorsey have a history of drafting a guy in the middle rounds to use as a backup. I know Reid has a penchant for taking QBs in the 3rd, developing them and then trading them away for a 2nd a couple years later.

texaschief
03-01-2013, 03:09 PM
I didn't fee like starting another thread but there's an idea I wanted to throw out there.

The Chiefs trade #1 to NYJ who target a QB for #9, #39 and Revis. That puts Revis' value equal to the 12th overall pick in the draft.

Chiefs trade #9 and #39 to St. Louis for #16, #22, and #78.

The Rams get the OT or WR they desperately need at #9.

The Chiefs essentially turn #1 into Revis, 2 1sts, and another 3rd. Two mid first round selections would be exactly where I think the Chiefs should be in this draft. Chiefs still don't have a 2nd round pick, but 2 firsts are better. Chiefs could re-sign Albert, then go DL and WR, ILB, or trade down with #22. They could parlay their #16 pick into a pair of SF picks at #31 and #34. Chiefs could take a TE at #22 and then WR/ILB/DL with the next couple picks in the 30's.

Personally, I'd try to get #22, 31, and 34 and fill the TE position at #22, ILB at #31, and then WR at #34. I like the guys the Chiefs have behind Dorsey and Jackson enough to not worry too much about that spot in the first couple rounds. Bring in Eifert or Ertz, Ogletree, then Margus Hunt or best available WR at #34.

Just thinkin out loud.

70 chiefsfan70
03-01-2013, 05:20 PM
I didn't fee like starting another thread but there's an idea I wanted to throw out there.

The Chiefs trade #1 to NYJ who target a QB for #9, #39 and Revis. That puts Revis' value equal to the 12th overall pick in the draft.

Chiefs trade #9 and #39 to St. Louis for #16, #22, and #78.

The Rams get the OT or WR they desperately need at #9.

The Chiefs essentially turn #1 into Revis, 2 1sts, and another 3rd. Two mid first round selections would be exactly where I think the Chiefs should be in this draft. Chiefs still don't have a 2nd round pick, but 2 firsts are better. Chiefs could re-sign Albert, then go DL and WR, ILB, or trade down with #22. They could parlay their #16 pick into a pair of SF picks at #31 and #34. Chiefs could take a TE at #22 and then WR/ILB/DL with the next couple picks in the 30's.

Personally, I'd try to get #22, 31, and 34 and fill the TE position at #22, ILB at #31, and then WR at #34. I like the guys the Chiefs have behind Dorsey and Jackson enough to not worry too much about that spot in the first couple rounds. Bring in Eifert or Ertz, Ogletree, then Margus Hunt or best available WR at #34.

Just thinkin out loud.

I would go along with all that, but the way they are giving up picks they would all be used up for revis.

tornadospotter
03-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Whose to say that the backup QB is not already on the roster? Who are we to say that Alex is the starter. Seems to me that it is to soon to determine who is what. Draft is not yet done, changes can happen, we might even draft a QB that wins the position. Who knows, I don't. Time will tell, as it always does.

MyManHali
03-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Alex Smith will be our backup, Geno will be the starter.

jap1
03-01-2013, 07:44 PM
I would love that scenario. Yes, we would be losing a lot of value, but in a draft year like this, you have to sacrifice some value for quantity of picks in order to get the other team to bite.

doobs_05
03-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Alex Smith will be our backup, Geno will be the starter.

If only :(

Lord-Chiefy
03-01-2013, 08:31 PM
I'd fire Quinn tomorrow keep Matt and draft qb 3rd rd or trade back to 2nd fir qb.

Lord-Chiefy
03-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Lmao@u!!!!!! Orton...I mean hali.

slc chief
03-01-2013, 08:41 PM
i am hoping e.j manuel from florida state falls to the 3rd round that kid has some potential.