PDA

View Full Version : A Broken Down QB, Untill He Became a Chief!

tornadospotter
03-02-2013, 02:14 AM
http://youtu.be/G42tL7D509s

70 chiefsfan70
03-02-2013, 09:52 AM
And...........

70 chiefsfan70
03-02-2013, 10:07 AM
And...........

I guess I should clarify myself better.

This Offense is absolutely nothing like our offense was then, they cant be compared, nor can the coaches, or the qbs.

Even the defenses defend differently now.
That being said, I'm not upset with Alex S being a chief, but we need to ask ourselves the bigger question, is he worth what we paid for him, considering the salary we have to give him, unless there is more to the story.

Chiefster
03-02-2013, 11:04 AM
I guess I should clarify myself better.

This Offense is absolutely nothing like our offense was then, they cant be compared, nor can the coaches, or the qbs.

Even the defenses defend differently now.
That being said, I'm not upset with Alex S being a chief, but we need to ask ourselves the bigger question, is he worth what we paid for him, considering the salary we have to give him, unless there is more to the story.

I agree, I would have rather not given up a second round pick for him and we'll be paying him a bit more than we would have paid for Cassel, but also believe he is an upgrade.

As far as the video goes, I was not a big Green fan when he first came here but I was before he left. I miss those days!

N TX Dave
03-02-2013, 12:06 PM
We don't really know what we gave up it is all rumors. I will say IF we gave up our second round pick it might have been too much. But again if we used that 2rd round pick to draft a QB how long before he would be ready to take the field? Could we really get a better QB than him in this years draft with it, which we probably would have used that pick for?

70 chiefsfan70
03-02-2013, 12:15 PM
We don't really know what we gave up it is all rumors. I will say IF we gave up our second round pick it might have been too much. But again if we used that 2rd round pick to draft a QB how long before he would be ready to take the field? Could we really get a better QB than him in this years draft with it, which we probably would have used that pick for?

Everywhere I'm reading that we gave up this years second and another similar pick from 2014. Thats waaaay too much in my book.

On the best qb available, he might be the best for this year that we could have gotten with the 34th pick, but we have to pay him 5 plus mill more per year, then the 34th pick......... That makes me sick.

N TX Dave
03-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Everywhere I'm reading that we gave up this years second and another similar pick from 2014. Thats waaaay too much in my book.

On the best qb available, he might be the best for this year that we could have gotten with the 34th pick, but we have to pay him 5 plus mill more per year, then the 34th pick......... That makes me sick.

If he comes in a within two years he wins a playoff game is the pay still too much? The rumor is next years pick depends on how many games he wins this year, if he comes in and wins 12 games will you still stay 2 second round picks were to much? I don't know but it is not my problem how much a player gets or to figure out if he is any good I will leave that to team management or how to meet the cap.

They could do like Jerry Jones did to get his team under the cap, he just wrote over $30 million checks to pay cash to some players (Carr was one) to get their cap hit down now Carr does not count $10.5 million against the cap this year. My source (http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/After-5-Restructured-Contracts-Cowboys-Now-Under-The-Cap-/f25dbab8-7b8c-4322-8f59-19ab12a0423d)

70 chiefsfan70
03-02-2013, 12:58 PM
If he comes in a within two years he wins a playoff game is the pay still too much? The rumor is next years pick depends on how many games he wins this year, if he comes in and wins 12 games will you still stay 2 second round picks were to much? I don't know but it is not my problem how much a player gets or to figure out if he is any good I will leave that to team management or how to meet the cap.

They could do like Jerry Jones did to get his team under the cap, he just wrote over $30 million checks to pay cash to some players (Carr was one) to get their cap hit down now Carr does not count $10.5 million against the cap this year. My source (http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/After-5-Restructured-Contracts-Cowboys-Now-Under-The-Cap-/f25dbab8-7b8c-4322-8f59-19ab12a0423d)

Yes actually I do still say we paid too much. The odds that we become a superior team, are far better if we draft the best qb than if we go get some 8 year vet with terrible career numbers. (and yes I know his last two years have shown us great numbers.) But that was with a super bowl caliber team.

The reason it matters what we pay him is because it has a huge impact to the value of the personel on this team. History tells us, you build a super bowl team thru the draft and get the missing pieces from the FA. And the Chiefs are a 2 and 14 team, giving away top draft picks for a 8 year vet, who has terrible career numbers, that my friend you can't sugar coat.

I'm aware that I'm not thinking like the "normal" Chiefs fan, but I'm sick of seeing the normal on this team.

This is just my own Humble opionion, and I hope time proves me wrong.

jason1981
03-02-2013, 03:13 PM
I didnt even know who trent green was before he became a chief except he blew out his knee at st lious.

H-townChiefsFan
03-04-2013, 02:34 PM
As far as the video goes, I was not a big Green fan when he first came here but I was before he left. I miss those days!

I certainly dont miss the defense from those days...Maddening!

Chiefster
03-04-2013, 02:43 PM
I certainly dont miss the defense from those days...Maddening!

...Word!

Miller
03-04-2013, 03:52 PM
I think that Smith has to have a better arm than Cassel. So it is a upgrade. Thanks for the video, Green is a good guy

ctchiefsfan
03-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the vid tornado!

As to Smith....I think he is a bigger upgrade than anyone gives him credit for.

1) Cassel had lost his Mojo. He was never again in a Chiefs uniform going to be even half as good as he was in 2010. He may do good things for another team, but he was never going to be any good in a Chiefs uniform again.

2) #1 pick or not, I just don't see any QB in the draft that would make us respectable again right from the git-go.

3) So we are left with number 3.....Picking up a free agent QB...at least for the short term. And I don't think there were a lot of better options than Smith.

All that said, I'd love to see us trade down in the first round and pick up a QB as a "groomer". Smith won't last forever and we still need a "Franchise Quarterback".

Lord-Chiefy
03-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Man I miss Trent.

KCMASS
03-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Thanks so much for the video! I miss Trent as well. He was like the 2nd tier type of QB....not a franchise QB, but just "soild" overall. He really could throw a rope in the medium range pass! I'm not going to freakout about Smith @ this point because we don't even know what we gave up for him & he hasn't played a down for us yet. Let's not forgot about last year...I don't want to see that again in my lifetime (I'm 47) I just hope for a competitive season in 13'

Chiefster
03-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Thanks so much for the video! I miss Trent as well. He was like the 2nd tier type of QB....not a franchise QB, but just "soild" overall. He really could throw a rope in the medium range pass! I'm not going to freakout about Smith @ this point because we don't even know what we gave up for him & he hasn't played a down for us yet. Let's not forgot about last year...I don't want to see that again in my lifetime (I'm 47) I just hope for a competitive season in 13'

I'm 49, and I second that!

Guru
03-06-2013, 03:50 AM
Yes actually I do still say we paid too much. The odds that we become a superior team, are far better if we draft the best qb than if we go get some 8 year vet with terrible career numbers. (and yes I know his last two years have shown us great numbers.) But that was with a super bowl caliber team.

The reason it matters what we pay him is because it has a huge impact to the value of the personel on this team. History tells us, you build a super bowl team thru the draft and get the missing pieces from the FA. And the Chiefs are a 2 and 14 team, giving away top draft picks for a 8 year vet, who has terrible career numbers, that my friend you can't sugar coat.

I'm aware that I'm not thinking like the "normal" Chiefs fan, but I'm sick of seeing the normal on this team.

I fully support this post.

Chiefster
03-06-2013, 07:45 AM

I completely understand your point of view, but the thing people are, also, not recognizing is that while his numbers in the last year and a half have been great, with a Superbowl caliber team, is that the first six years of his career they were not a Superbowl caliber team. It was only when they got a Superbowl caliber coaching staff that his numbers improved. Now, I'm not saying that we're Superbowl caliber, but we are a 2-14 team with horrible coaching and Administrative staff that sent SIX players to the Pro Bowl this year, and we finally have a real head coach. I agree that I would rather not have given up a second round draft pick for him, but there's still a chance we can maneuver a second round pick. I'm adopting a wait and see philosophy.

70 chiefsfan70
03-06-2013, 10:20 AM
I completely understand your point of view, but the thing people are, also, not recognizing is that while his numbers in the last year and a half have been great, with a Superbowl caliber team, is that the first six years of his career they were not a Superbowl caliber team. It was only when they got a Superbowl caliber coaching staff that his numbers improved. Now, I'm not saying that we're Superbowl caliber, but we are a 2-14 team with horrible coaching and Administrative staff that sent SIX players to the Pro Bowl this year, and we finally have a real head coach. I agree that I would rather not have given up a second round draft pick for him, but there's still a chance we can maneuver a second round pick. I'm adopting a wait and see philosophy.

I'm thinking more long term, without Alex Smith, as chances are he wont be here long term. What happens in two years when Alex has his 18 mil, and we need a qb at the same time that JC, Hali, DJ, Berry, Flowers, Houstin and othgers all become FA's. If we ignorantly give up picks, and spent foolish right now money (18 mil for A Smith) then we are screwing our selves for two years from now. I just dont think Alex is the QBOTF. Every move we make should be for three years out. Once we have a great team, we place in the right now pieces.

I respect every ones opinion and enjoy reading them.

This is how I would build a super bowl team. A super bowl team cant be built by giving away draft picks. Look at the niners, they have something like 15 picks this year. Thats how its done.

I just noticed you have 27, 000 post to my 800, so I'll just go eat my wheaties. :-)

Chiefster
03-06-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm thinking more long term, without Alex Smith, as chances are he wont be here long term. What happens in two years when Alex has his 18 mil, and we need a qb at the same time that JC, Hali, DJ, Berry, Flowers, Houstin and othgers all become FA's. If we ignorantly give up picks, and spent foolish right now money (18 mil for A Smith) then we are screwing our selves for two years from now. I just dont think Alex is the QBOTF. Every move we make should be for three years out. Once we have a great team, we place in the right now pieces.

I respect every ones opinion and enjoy reading them.

This is how I would build a super bowl team. A super bowl team cant be built by giving away draft picks. Look at the niners, they have something like 15 picks this year. Thats how its done.

I just noticed you have 27, 000 post to my 800, so I'll just go eat my wheaties. :-)

...A valid point of view my friend.

:lol: Number of posts here does in no way, always, reflect quality of posts.

70 chiefsfan70
03-06-2013, 05:07 PM
...A valid point of view my friend.

:lol: Number of posts here does in no way, always, reflect quality of posts.

That also means I could have only been wrong 800 times, unlike someone else here.:lol:

Chiefster
03-06-2013, 05:42 PM
That also means I could have only been wrong 800 times, unlike someone else here.:lol:

:lol:

I was referring to my 27,000 posts. You're a good man Charlie Brown!

drstandley31
03-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Thank you for that! And to think last year Al Saunders applied for the OC job, and they gave it to Brian Dabol. GAWD I'm glad those dbags are all gone!