PDA

View Full Version : Possible option as a Backup QB?

jap1
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
NFL Network is reporting that the Bills have released Fitzpatrick. Thoughts as a possible pickup to compete with Stanzi and Tanney as the backup QB?

On a side note, I am surprised we have not released or restructured Cassel yet.

Chiefster
03-12-2013, 04:24 PM
...At what price? ESPN has, also, reported this.

jap1
03-12-2013, 04:28 PM
...At what price? ESPN has, also, reported this.

I would pay 2 or 3 mil/yr. Kinda like the deal Orton got with the cowboys.

Its hard to say, because I have no idea where we sit in salary cap space, and not many of the big networks have posted it either. For example ESPN posted all the AFC West teams salary cap space and needs ... except for ours.

There arent many options right now for an experienced backup QB. So I dont know what the cost would be.

Chiefster
03-12-2013, 04:43 PM
I would pay 2 or 3 mil/yr. Kinda like the deal Orton got with the cowboys.

Its hard to say, because I have no idea where we sit in salary cap space, and not many of the big networks have posted it either. For example ESPN posted all the AFC West teams salary cap space and needs ... except for ours.

There arent many options right now for an experienced backup QB. So I dont know what the cost would be.

Maybe the Chiefs philosophy not to release that info. IDK.

brdempsey69
03-12-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm still waiting for the official new regarding the Alex Smith trade.

Chiefster
03-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm still waiting for the official new regarding the Alex Smith trade.

I believe ESPN has reported this, but nothing from the Chiefs Home Office as of yet.

Justin5772002
03-12-2013, 05:21 PM
49ers announce trade of QB Alex Smith to Chiefs
Associated Press | March 12, 2013
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The San Francisco 49ers made their trade of quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs official on Tuesday, nearly two weeks after the two sides agreed to it.

The 49ers will receive the Chiefs' second-round pick, 34th overall, and a conditional choice in next year's draft, a person familiar with the terms told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the terms were not disclosed.

Smith must still pass a physical for the trade to be completed.

The 28-year-old Smith struggled much of his career in San Francisco, but blossomed the past couple seasons under new coach Jim Harbaugh and is considered an upgrade for Kansas City.

The Chiefs are expected to release incumbent quarterback Matt Cassel.

Chiefster
03-12-2013, 05:33 PM
49ers announce trade of QB Alex Smith to Chiefs
Associated Press | March 12, 2013
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The San Francisco 49ers made their trade of quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs official on Tuesday, nearly two weeks after the two sides agreed to it.

The 49ers will receive the Chiefs' second-round pick, 34th overall, and a conditional choice in next year's draft, a person familiar with the terms told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the terms were not disclosed.

Smith must still pass a physical for the trade to be completed.

The 28-year-old Smith struggled much of his career in San Francisco, but blossomed the past couple seasons under new coach Jim Harbaugh and is considered an upgrade for Kansas City.

The Chiefs are expected to release incumbent quarterback Matt Cassel.

The official word we've all been waiting on.

Lord-Chiefy
03-12-2013, 06:14 PM
How about Daniels as back up?

jap1
03-12-2013, 06:16 PM
How about Daniels as back up?
If only Dorsey/Reid would realize he is available ...