PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Free Agency Signing Period Thread***

texaschief
03-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Let's try to keep things all in one place if we can. Moderators want to merge some threads?

texaschief
03-12-2013, 05:33 PM
By the way, my guy said he was "99% positive" Gleen Dorsey won't be in KC next season. Oh well. Can't win'em all, I guess.

Chiefster
03-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Thank you for posting this thread! I urge ALL FA posting to take place here!

Thread Stickied!

jason1981
03-12-2013, 05:47 PM
G dorsey is set to visit the 49ers.. I just read on espn.com

jap1
03-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Tex, Im expecting a big announcement about the CB position given your posts in other threads.

jap1
03-12-2013, 06:00 PM
I am wondering what their plan is for the OL. We currently have a hole at RT and LG. I guess you can pencil in Allen at LG and Stephenson at RT, but then we need a backup at C, G and Tackle. I would like to see them pickup either someone to compete with Allen at LG or maybe someone who has experience at C and can play guard as well for depth. Then draft someone for the tackle spot. Whether that means Joeckel, or someone in like the 3rd as a backup to Stephenson.

Lord-Chiefy
03-12-2013, 06:12 PM
There's a bunch of o-line on market.

jap1
03-12-2013, 06:13 PM
KC Star is reporting that we signed DE Mike DeVito already. http://www.kansascity.com/2013/03/12/4116031/chiefs-to-add-free-agent-te-anthony.html

Chiefster
03-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Wow! As a Chiefs fan I'm not used to this Breakneck pace in FA.

jap1
03-12-2013, 06:26 PM
KC Star is reporting that we signed DE Mike DeVito already. http://www.kansascity.com/2013/03/12/4116031/chiefs-to-add-free-agent-te-anthony.html

Ian Rappaport is reporting that DeVito is currently negotiating a deal with us.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/311570884831895554

Chiefs fanatic
03-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Ian Rappaport is reporting that DeVito is currently negotiating a deal with us.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/311570884831895554

Looks like we've reached a deal with him.

@JasonLaCanfora
(https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora)Mike DeVito's 3yr deal with KC is worth $12.6M with $6.2 guaranteed. Makes $5.1M in 2013

brdempsey69
03-12-2013, 07:14 PM
I am wondering what their plan is for the OL. We currently have a hole at RT and LG. I guess you can pencil in Allen at LG and Stephenson at RT, but then we need a backup at C, G and Tackle. I would like to see them pickup either someone to compete with Allen at LG or maybe someone who has experience at C and can play guard as well for depth. Then draft someone for the tackle spot. Whether that means Joeckel, or someone in like the 3rd as a backup to Stephenson.

Joeckel killed it at his pro day & my guess is he'll do the same at his private workout scheduled with the Chiefs on March 22. I could be wrong, but things are sure leaning towards the Chiefs drafting him at #1. It's been said the Chiefs brass prefers him over Fisher, although Fisher will also be conducting a private workout with the Chiefs later this month.

I could see the Chiefs brass going after a G/C in FA, but I don't believe they are looking at RT at FA, because many of the RT's available in FA are commanding more money than what they would've had to pay Eric Winston, if they had kept him.

jason1981
03-12-2013, 07:24 PM
I would say we have already had a better offseason then we had at anytime that pioli was here. Time will tell but i like it.

Lord-Chiefy
03-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Best one day the chiefs have had in 15 years

brdempsey69
03-12-2013, 07:52 PM
A lot of Chiefs fans don't like the way the Chiefs new brass has gone about addressing the QB position with the Alex Smith trade and the Chase Daniel signing, but as I've stated multiple times before, every QB that the Chiefs have drafted since the realignment of AFL-NFL in 1970 has been a bust. It seems like the Chiefs are just flat out cursed when it comes to drafting QB's, so I can't blame the new Chiefs brass one bit for going the route that they have with bringing in Alex Smith and Chase Daniel.

70 chiefsfan70
03-12-2013, 08:20 PM
I would say we have already had a better offseason then we had at anytime that pioli was here. Time will tell but i like it.

I've been a huge critic of piopli, but we all know that every gm wants a winning team and they all want the big fa signings. Therefore I'm glad to see that Clark Hunt has given the reins to the gm. Also this year they have to spent the money.

In other words, I'm a Pioli Hater, but I know he was restricted.

And I like it as well, except I feel we gave waaay to much for Alex Smith, but I realize they have to win now or loose even more fanbase.

AkChief49
03-12-2013, 08:41 PM
So Chase Daniel(QB), Mike Devito(DE) and Anthony Fasano(TE) so far. Seattle cut Leon Washington, he is a decent return man and was our fourth round pick in 2006(comp for Herm to the Jets). Just musing, waiting for some more good news!

jap1
03-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Joeckel killed it at his pro day & my guess is he'll do the same at his private workout scheduled with the Chiefs on March 22. I could be wrong, but things are sure leaning towards the Chiefs drafting him at #1. It's been said the Chiefs brass prefers him over Fisher, although Fisher will also be conducting a private workout with the Chiefs later this month.

I could see the Chiefs brass going after a G/C in FA, but I don't believe they are looking at RT at FA, because many of the RT's available in FA are commanding more money than what they would've had to pay Eric Winston, if they had kept him.

Yeah, I agree that we probably wont pickup a RT in FA. No one really impresses me as much as they are asking for. Plus we have Stephenson, who I think would do great at RT of we end up trading out of the #1 pick. Right now though, I see our OL being:
Albert, Allen?, Hudson, Asamoah, Joeckel

I would like to see Allen play a little better next year, which is why I am hoping for a G that can play C to push him for the job. My ideal scenario would be to trade down and get a 2nd round pick back and use it on Jonathan Cooper or Barret Jones.

texaschief
03-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Tex, Im expecting a big announcement about the CB position given your posts in other threads.

Given the DeVito signing, I'm fully expecting one as well because my guy seems to be plugged in. I expect 2 perhaps 3 more significant signings over the next 24 hours. (not including Dorsey)

AkChief49
03-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Derrius Heyward- Bey and Micheal Huff have been released by the Faders. Both former 1st rounders. I do not pay- well- any attention to the Faders, so does anyone have something on these two?

texaschief
03-12-2013, 09:44 PM
I asked about Revis for a 1st round swap. All I got in response was "lol didn't beat Tampa." After that, I started hearing reports about Tampa being the leader for Revis. I think we'll like the next couple signings. Some of the names being tossed around are legit players. Not sure how all these guys are fitting under the cap.

texaschief
03-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Derrius Heyward- Bey and Micheal Huff have been released by the Faders. Both former 1st rounders. I do not pay- well- any attention to the Faders, so does anyone have something on these two?

Heyward-Bey went in the first because Al Davis loved speed. He wasn't worth a high 1st round pick, but hasn't produced any lower than perhaps a 2nd round pick. (A lot like Tyson Jackson) He was due a lot of money and this move was more about cap space than player talent. I'd love to bring a guy like that in opposite Bowe to stretch the field.

Michael Huff is a good DB. Again, more about money than talent. Played at Texas and has had a pretty good career in Oakland. I don't think he'd be a good fit on this defense, but he wouldn't suck.

jap1
03-12-2013, 11:03 PM

For what it is worth, I have heard from Traider fans that Huff was a really good safety, who moved to corner this year out of need, and held his own at CB, and was more than decent.

jason1981
03-12-2013, 11:10 PM
I would like the chiefs to look at huff at safety.

jap1
03-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Given the DeVito signing, I'm fully expecting one as well because my guy seems to be plugged in. I expect 2 perhaps 3 more significant signings over the next 24 hours. (not including Dorsey)

I dont disbelieve it. There are a ton of really good CBs, LBs and Safeties left. Not much left on Offense that I would be excited about other than for depth.

If we were to pick up a top notch ILB and CB, then I think we would be perfectly set-up for the draft. Most of our holes would be filled (except questionable holes on OL and WR), allowing us to truly go BPA.

jap1
03-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Heyward-Bey went in the first because Al Davis loved speed. He wasn't worth a high 1st round pick, but hasn't produced any lower than perhaps a 2nd round pick. (A lot like Tyson Jackson) He was due a lot of money and this move was more about cap space than player talent. I'd love to bring a guy like that in opposite Bowe to stretch the field.

Michael Huff is a good DB. Again, more about money than talent. Played at Texas and has had a pretty good career in Oakland. I don't think he'd be a good fit on this defense, but he wouldn't suck.

DHB has some good speed to spread the field, which I have felt we lacked for a few years now. Problem is that he drops balls too frequently for me. That having been said, this is a real weak WR class this year.

texaschief
03-12-2013, 11:21 PM
How great could a team actually get if they constantly were able to draft BPA throughout the draft while having obvious holes filled during FA with good NFL players???? As this team currently stands, I don't think there's any way the Chiefs lose more than 8 games next season. They'll have a last place schedule with a bunch of returning Pro Bowlers and an above average QB at the helm. Not to mention a severe upgrade in coaching. There's a lot to be excited about heading into next season already.

texaschief
03-12-2013, 11:25 PM
I haven't heard this name mentioned connected to KC, but I would love Love LOVE it if the Chiefs signed Keenan Lewis at CB. This guy is 6'0, 26 years old and has hit the open market... yes please!

jap1
03-13-2013, 12:04 AM
I haven't heard this name mentioned connected to KC, but I would love Love LOVE it if the Chiefs signed Keenan Lewis at CB. This guy is 6'0, 26 years old and has hit the open market... yes please!

He is my top target. I think he is slightly better than Sean Smith and I believe they are the same age. My preference order would be Lewis, Smith and Chris Houston. I also wouldnt be too upset if they got someone older like Chris Gamble or Brent Grimes for the short term and drafting someone in the 3rd or later (Tyrann Matthieu?) to develop into a CB for the future.

texaschief
03-13-2013, 12:15 AM
If I took Mathieu in the draft, I'd do it with the intention of moving him to FS. He's a pretty good ball-hawk and that's what I want from my free safety.

Bike
03-13-2013, 12:39 AM
I don't remember a time that this organization has made as many sweeping moves as this one has so far this year. Dorsey/Reid ain't no foolin' around. These guys are making Pioli look like a trainee - which I guess is all he was.

jason1981
03-13-2013, 01:41 AM
I would like the chiefs to look at huff at safety.

jason1981
03-13-2013, 12:17 PM
We signed wr Donnie Avery feom the colts.

Sick Dog
03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Damn and I was not going to renew my NFL Sunday ticket this season...I guess that has changed! Maybe I should also be planning my first ever trip to Arrowhead too!

Lord-Chiefy
03-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Looks like Donine Avery wr colts signed with chiefs.. not very exciting..I'd rather get welker.

jason1981
03-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Walker is a system guy. Avery woukd do more for us than walker. Avery can take the top off and go deep.

Lord-Chiefy
03-13-2013, 02:56 PM
There is still a lot of people very upset about your quarterback situation I really believe that we got Daniels for no pics it is still better than any quarterback in the draft. keep Smith for 1 year . Start Daniels next year we owe no pics then fir smith next year. c so basically we got 2 quarterbacks for second round pick can't beat that.

Chiefs fanatic
03-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Walker is a system guy. Avery woukd do more for us than walker. Avery can take the top off and go deep.
Welker is still a much better player. I'd definitely take him over Avery if they are the same price.

Chiefs fanatic
03-13-2013, 03:28 PM
There is still a lot of people very upset about your quarterback situation I really believe that we got Daniels for no pics it is still better than any quarterback in the draft. keep Smith for 1 year . Start Daniels next year we owe no pics then fir smith next year. c so basically we got 2 quarterbacks for second round pick can't beat that.
I don't believe Daniels is a long-term solution at QB. He should be a good back-up but I don't foresee him taking the starting job from Smith in a year.

Chiefs fanatic
03-13-2013, 03:39 PM
Glenn Dorsey signed with San Francisco.

Chiefster
03-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Glenn Dorsey signed with San Francisco.

It is what it is.

texaschief
03-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Not too worried about Welker. Arenas is probably the only CB in the league that can keep up with him while he was on the same page with Brady. Shouldn't be any harder with him on a new team even if the QB is Peyton Manning. No real reason to panic about that move by the donks.

If we were honest with ourselves, we pretty much knew Dorsey wasn't coming back since the middle of last season. The only real shocking part of him leaving is that he left to go to another 3-4 defense... kind of a weird move on his part, IMO.

Avery is a good pickup for the Chiefs. They needed someone to stretch the field and he does just that. With him blowing the cap off the defense, this offense is going to be extremely difficult to play against. He may not have the best hands in the league, but defenses are definitely going to have to respect his skill-set and that's where I think his value lies. He's going to open up the field for the offense and THAT is why he's a Chief. Nice signing.

Still waiting on that CB. Heard it was pretty much a done deal but something happened to the market that got the front office's attention. The player wants to be here but the Chiefs are suddenly weighing options due to a "recently changed" CB market... whatever that means. I heard the first player they were going aggressively after was going to be a major coup for the Chiefs. For them to back away at this point has me VERY interested in what kind of option available has them putting things on pause for a moment.

By the way, I love the idea of bringing Pollard back home. Don't think it will happen or even sure if it's a good fit with Berry already manning SS, but I definitely love the idea. It would kinda symbolize an acknowledgment of failure by the franchise for hiring Pioli/Haley. That would be great.

DMN
03-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Texas... the anticipation is killing me. Haha.

I know time will tell but I am very impressed with Reid and Dorsey. It is so comforting to know we are going to field a way better team next season.

texaschief
03-13-2013, 05:05 PM
The free agency market is what it is. The only way the CB market could've changed was on the trade front. There's at least 1 big fish on the trade market. Haven't heard of too many CB's on the trade market right now.

Bob Sutton came from that NYJ defensive staff. The Chiefs have already signed DeVito from NYJ. I've heard they're discussing Sione Pouha. Could Revis suddenly be on the table? I think this is the biggest reason you haven't heard any news involving Revis or Sean Smith. (Just my guess as to who the two players involved are. I haven't heard names, just descriptions)

doobs_05
03-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Broncos also look at Nnamdi, if Denver gets a solid corner, its going to be hard to dethrone denver from the AFC West top spot

texaschief
03-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Charles Woodson did not come to an agreement in San Francisco. Could Dorsey bring him here from GB to play FS?

jap1
03-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Charles Woodson did not come to an agreement in San Francisco. Could Dorsey bring him here from GB to play FS?
Dorsey and Al Harris (the assistant secondary coach). Apparently Al Harris also has a connection to Sean Smith, which is why there was that talk of tampering a couple weeks back. Apparently Smith said he was talking to his old friend Al Harris, but not about coming to KC (Im sure it never came up ...).

jap1
03-13-2013, 07:01 PM
The free agency market is what it is. The only way the CB market could've changed was on the trade front. There's at least 1 big fish on the trade market. Haven't heard of too many CB's on the trade market right now.

Bob Sutton came from that NYJ defensive staff. The Chiefs have already signed DeVito from NYJ. I've heard they're discussing Sione Pouha. Could Revis suddenly be on the table? I think this is the biggest reason you haven't heard any news involving Revis or Sean Smith. (Just my guess as to who the two players involved are. I haven't heard names, just descriptions)

It might have "changed" because of the CBs who were released may have flooded the market, making everyone less valuable. I think this is why almost no CBs have signed anywhere. No one can come to an agreement on the actual market value.

texaschief
03-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Yeah, the flurry of player releases has definitely changed the FA landscape

MissingTBone
03-13-2013, 09:06 PM
I don't really want Revis, seems like he's always holding out, and who knows how his knee is gonna be. I'd def take Smith if the pric is right. We need a good corner but we don't need to I repay when there are other options. And how in the fudge does Denver have enough cap space for their roster Jeez....

Lord-Chiefy
03-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Welker is a Broncos...we are screwed!@

texaschief
03-14-2013, 01:08 AM

Quit it. Arenas will do just fine against him. He has in the past when Welker had played for 6 years with Brady and they were on the same page... it won't get any harder playing with a new QB and a year older. Relax. It's not going to have nearly the impact some people are predicting.

Justin5772002
03-14-2013, 01:36 AM

Not only does he have to stay healthy so does manning for them to compete and neither of them are getting any younger...

jason1981
03-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Broncos just got better and we better grab another cb. Their offense is going to be potent. Welkar might be older now but he still knows how to read the defense and knows where to get open. And him and manning will be deadly. How does he go from brady to manning. Talk about being kucky going from one great to another great.

doobs_05
03-14-2013, 12:53 PM
"To the be the man, You've got to beat the man"

Denver is still the top dog in the AFC West. We won't know who the better team is until we play and start the season, but as of right now Denver is still the favorite.

Chiefs fanatic
03-14-2013, 01:46 PM
@JasonLaCanfora
(https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora)The Chiefs have agreed to terms with CB Sean Smith, formerly of the Dolphins

We've landed a solid cornerback.

texaschief
03-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Sean Smith will work. Chiefs have to be done in free agency after this. What an offseason! Wow.

Chiefster
03-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Sean Smith will work. Chiefs have to be done in free agency after this. What an offseason! Wow.

...THIS!

jason1981
03-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah i think this will be one of the last oickups. We were 15 mil under the cap but thats not including the 9 mil tag for albert. So now smith is signed it will be close now. Im thinking we showed our hand that were going ot joekel with iur pick. We need a ilb as well though. Was hoping to pick up brad jones from greenbay.

texaschief
03-14-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm pretty sure this move was on hold until they got Cassel off the books. If the Chiefs find a way to bring in any other impact FA, I'd be in aww.

KristofLaw
03-14-2013, 05:54 PM
So we plugged many of our holes and have sort of had a little control in the beginning of free agency including how we were about to sign Smith last evening and the landscape shifted on the cb's salary-wise briefly. Quick dash on our qb and corners. Resigned our guys we wanted up front, restructuring included. We were at the forefront of the NFL landscape so far this off season. Football is truly excellent.

drstandley31
03-14-2013, 06:15 PM
WTF is right! OMG where did you get that pic. I just spit martini all over my keyboard. The good stuff too....eeeewwwssurewsyuk.

Chiefster
03-14-2013, 08:43 PM
So we plugged many of our holes and have sort of had a little control in the beginning of free agency including how we were about to sign Smith last evening and the landscape shifted on the cb's salary-wise briefly. Quick dash on our qb and corners. Resigned our guys we wanted up front, restructuring included. We were at the forefront of the NFL landscape so far this off season. Football is truly excellent.

I just got that throw up taste in my mouth seeing your sig.

spiman
03-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Damm sent that off to a few friends...SICK PIC Kris

Chiefs fanatic
03-15-2013, 12:43 PM
@AdamSchefter
(https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter)Chiefs staying busy, visiting today with Vikings free-agent OT Geoff Schwartz, whom they are expected to sign.

It will be interesting to hear if we are pursuing him as a guard or tackle.

texaschief
03-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Probably a OG

jap1
03-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Looks like it is a done deal ... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/chiefs-continue-busy-offseason-sign-geoff-schwartz/

jap1
03-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Geoff Schwartz - probably competition for OG. He will compete with Allen for the LG spot and serve as a backup OT. He has the potential to play RT, since he played that position in the past before his hip injury. This gives us a LOT of flexibility in the draft. It also makes it reasonable to consider trading Albert to someone for a 2nd round pick. I hear Detroit and Arizona (Im sure there are other teams as well) could use a LT of Alberts quality, and have the money to sign him long term.

Right now our OL looks like one of the two scenarios:

Albert, Allen, Hudson, Asamoah, Stephenson/Rookie with Schwartz as backup G/T or ...

Albert, Schwartz, Hudson, Asamoah, Stephenson/Rookie with Allen as backup G/T

texaschief
03-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Schwartz has to be a depth signing. Something Pioli knew nothing about.

texaschief
03-15-2013, 07:40 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/3/15/4109402/dunta-robinson-position-cornerback-kansas-city-chiefs

Can't say I'm too thrilled with the idea of bringing in Robinson to compete for the nickel CB spot when we already have Arenas there. This means the Chiefs definitely have depth at CB, but it also means that the Chiefs still have a hole at FS. meh

jason1981
03-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Rosennburg from nfl was on the radio today and said swarts could be a probowler at guard if he stays healthy. But thinks the signong was for depth cuz of his versatile.

brdempsey69
03-15-2013, 10:47 PM
In Geoff Schwartz own words:

“I think I’m better at guard. Playing tackle was definitely a positive but I haven’t played there in a couple of years. I’m just looking forward to a healthy camp and playing guard, preferably. But I can still do tackle. They said the best five will play. I believe that and I’ll be ready to play, anything they want me to do.”

At 6-6 and 340 lbs, if he can stay healthy, he should win a starting job at one of the Guard spots and upgrade the position. Nice pickup by the Chiefs.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/03/15/4122884/free-agent-offensive-lineman-says.html#storylink=cpy

texaschief
03-15-2013, 11:55 PM
I was really happy with Allen at OG last year. If Schwartz can beat him out, hats off. Allen was really good last year. Kinda opens the RT job up for Stephenson for the time being.

jap1
03-16-2013, 01:00 AM
Does Andy Reid/ the OL coach use zone blocking or power blocking?

brdempsey69
03-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Does Andy Reid/ the OL coach use zone blocking or power blocking?

Power blocking is what I've heard.

rodu
03-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Power blocking is what I've heard.

whatever gets Lilja off the field

What about FB? How much did reid use his other FB's in previous years, I think right now we have Eachus

N TX Dave
03-16-2013, 12:00 PM

Lija took himself off the field, he retired.

brdempsey69
03-16-2013, 11:54 PM

What about FB? How much did reid use his other FB's in previous years, I think right now we have Eachus

Well, it's said that Reid's Offense is a West Coast offense and FB's are utilized in that kind of an Offense. Tony Richardson was certainly a good blocker in Dick Vermeil's Offense. The Chiefs could use another TE like Jason Dunn, although I think Fasano will be solid. But, Dunn at 6-6 274 lbs. and sub 4.6 speed was a killer as a blocker & he could take on any LB in the game and often times was kept in as an extra pass-protector to allow Trent Green to take shots down the field --- man, it's been ages since we've seen anything like that in KC.

Eydugstr
03-17-2013, 03:03 PM
In Geoff Schwartz own words:

“I think I’m better at guard. Playing tackle was definitely a positive but I haven’t played there in a couple of years. I’m just looking forward to a healthy camp and playing guard, preferably. But I can still do tackle. They said the best five will play. I believe that and I’ll be ready to play, anything they want me to do.”

At 6-6 and 340 lbs, if he can stay healthy, he should win a starting job at one of the Guard spots and upgrade the position. Nice pickup by the Chiefs.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/03/15/4122884/free-agent-offensive-lineman-says.html#storylink=cpy

This is nice, but does he have any experience playing center? We really got lucky with Lilja filling in the way he did, but what happens if Hudson goes down again?

jason1981
03-17-2013, 03:07 PM
I think we will draft a c/g in the draft for depth

brdempsey69
03-17-2013, 10:47 PM
This is nice, but does he have any experience playing center? We really got lucky with Lilja filling in the way he did, but what happens if Hudson goes down again?

No, I've never heard anything about Schwartz playing Center and at 6-6 in height, it would probably only happen in a dire emergency, which I hope doesn't happen this year. As far as I know the only other Center on the roster other than Hudson is Bryan Mattison.

brdempsey69
03-18-2013, 01:52 AM
Just saw that Jake Long signed a 4-yr 36 million dollar deal with the Rams.

Justin5772002
03-21-2013, 12:31 AM
I know im just being greedy now but *i need moreee!!!!!!*

brdempsey69
03-21-2013, 02:00 AM

It could happen. It's been quite a contrast between the former GM and the present GM. When Pioli came in, he talked about turning the franchise around and then proceeded to go about it like a docile sheep, but thus far, John Dorsey has gone about it like a ravenous wolf -- as well he should.

rodu
03-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Looks like we got a new fullback

AkChief49
03-22-2013, 01:55 AM
Looks like we got a new fullback

So, you're going to make me look it up aren't you?:smile

texaschief
03-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Albert for a 2nd this year and next. So, after its all said and done, we'll have traded Branden Albert for Alex Smith. I think I'm ok with that.

Chiefster
03-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Albert for a 2nd this year and next. So, after its all said and done, we'll have traded Branden Albert for Alex Smith. I think I'm ok with that.

Yup, and we select Joeckel in the first round to replace Albert.

texaschief
03-23-2013, 12:55 AM
The Chiefs ended last season with a top 15 LT and the 32nd best QB output in the league. If they pull off the trade of Branden Albert and take a LT #1 overall, they'll have essentially turned their top 15 LT into a top 15 QB and become elite at LT... all for the price of moving down a few spots in the 2nd round... that's some pretty good maneuvering. The Chiefs knew there was no way they were going to become elite at QB through the draft. So, they became elite at the position where they could. Kuddos to Dorsey and co.

brdempsey69
03-23-2013, 01:55 AM
The Chiefs ended last season with a top 15 LT and the 32nd best QB output in the league. If they pull off the trade of Branden Albert and take a LT #1 overall, they'll have essentially turned their top 15 LT into a top 15 QB and become elite at LT... all for the price of moving down a few spots in the 2nd round... that's some pretty good maneuvering. The Chiefs knew there was no way they were going to become elite at QB through the draft. So, they became elite at the position where they could. Kuddos to Dorsey and co.

I agree with all that, but there is a catch. Is any of the 31 other teams out there going to want to part with a 2nd round pick and pay Albert anything close to the contract that he wants? It's looking very doubtful. Albert still has to prove, not only to the Chiefs brass, but to the other 31 teams as well, that his back is not an issue and that he can hang for a full season. Plus, I'd bet money that none of the other 31 teams view Albert as a top-10 LT, and rightfully so.

Whether Albert stays or goes, the Chiefs best move would be to take either Joeckel ( if they can't trade down ) or Fisher or Johnson ( if they trade down a few slots ). Sure, you could have the scenario in 2013 of Albert playing LT with the 1st year Tackle playing on the right side, but so what? Willie Roaf played RT in his rookie season in 1993 and Jonathan Ogden played Left Guard in his rookie season in 1996.

Believe me, I'm all for trading Albert due to him wanting a big contract that he doesn't warrant & his wanting the Chiefs to guarantee him to be a LT when common sense should tell him and everyone else, that the Chiefs have no obligation whatsoever to guarantee him a LT spot. Getting a 2nd rounder for Albert would be great, but I'll believe it when I see it, due to the reasons stated above.

Chiefster
03-23-2013, 02:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_7NAE-rKE

texaschief
03-23-2013, 02:44 PM
I agree with all that, but there is a catch. Is any of the 31 other teams out there going to want to part with a 2nd round pick and pay Albert anything close to the contract that he wants? It's looking very doubtful. Albert still has to prove, not only to the Chiefs brass, but to the other 31 teams as well, that his back is not an issue and that he can hang for a full season. Plus, I'd bet money that none of the other 31 teams view Albert as a top-10 LT, and rightfully so.

Whether Albert stays or goes, the Chiefs best move would be to take either Joeckel ( if they can't trade down ) or Fisher or Johnson ( if they trade down a few slots ). Sure, you could have the scenario in 2013 of Albert playing LT with the 1st year Tackle playing on the right side, but so what? Willie Roaf played RT in his rookie season in 1993 and Jonathan Ogden played Left Guard in his rookie season in 1996.

Believe me, I'm all for trading Albert due to him wanting a big contract that he doesn't warrant & his wanting the Chiefs to guarantee him to be a LT when common sense should tell him and everyone else, that the Chiefs have no obligation whatsoever to guarantee him a LT spot. Getting a 2nd rounder for Albert would be great, but I'll believe it when I see it, due to the reasons stated above.

Albert isn't an elite LT, but he's worth a 2nd round pick. I think things will get worked out between the Chiefs and the Dolphins who have a pair in the 2nd round and a gaping hole after losing Long. I don't think the options remaining on the FA market are as good as Albert and neither do the Dolphins, which is why the Chiefs are already having discussions with them and a few other teams out there. I think it's 95% certain that Albert will be wearing a different uniform in 2013. The Chiefs want more picks in a deep draft and are in position to get elite at LT. Unless they're only getting offered 4th rounders for Albert, the Chiefs will trade him.

KristofLaw
03-25-2013, 12:30 PM
"Maybe nobody wants me," Urlacher said. "But we're going to find out." (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-03-22/brian-urlacher-cowboys-cardinals-bears-contract-3-4?modid=recommended_3_5) - hmmm, wonder where this cat ends up.

pojote
03-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Ropati Pitoitua signed with Titans. Less DL depth, I think draft will bring some.

texaschief
03-25-2013, 01:04 PM
ropati pitoitua signed with titans. Less dl depth, i think draft will bring some.

#$@&!!!!!! Loud noises!!!

brdempsey69
03-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Ropati Pitoitua signed with Titans. Less DL depth, I think draft will bring some.

A very questionable move. The starting three right now would be Jackson, Poe, DeVito with Toribio, Powe, and Bailey backing them up.

I'd look for them to take a D-Lineman somewhere in the draft, although I can't really get on board with taking a D-Lineman in round 1 as that would be the 4th D-Lineman in round 1 since 2008 and taking D-Lineman in round 1 for the 3-4 -- outside of a NT candidate like Poe -- just doesn't work. Floyd played in a 4-3 in college and I believe Star also did. To me it makes more sense to pick up D-Lineman that have played in the 3-4 in college in rounds 2-7 or get guys like DeVito that have experience playing in the 3-4. But, time will tell.

texaschief
03-25-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm good with Poe and Bailey but I thought Pitoitua was one of the few bright spots of last season. This move sucks.

Eydugstr
03-26-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm good with Poe and Bailey but I thought Pitoitua was one of the few bright spots of last season. This move sucks.

Agreed.

Seek
03-28-2013, 01:42 PM

This Move Really Really sucks. Other than the fact Pitoitua lived next door to my Bronco Fan Brother In Law making him a little uncfortable to wear his donkey stuff. I thought he was the best DL we had last year.

jason1981
04-01-2013, 12:43 PM
610 sports reported that andy studebaker was cut today cuz he was scheduled for 2 mil and wouldnt take a pay cut.

brdempsey69
04-01-2013, 01:11 PM
610 sports reported that andy studebaker was cut today cuz he was scheduled for 2 mil and wouldnt take a pay cut.

I saw that. Edgar Jones was resigned & it could be they think he's a better backup to Hali and Houston than Studebaker.

Chiefster
04-01-2013, 01:25 PM
I liked Andy but can't say that I'm surprised or all that disappointed with the move.

jason1981
04-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Im suprised he was even going to make 2 mil.

Seek
04-04-2013, 08:08 AM

They also signed Frank Zombo to replace him. I believe this to be an upgrade.

RAYDAHAYDA
04-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Any news on Urlacher? Think he'd be a good addition for the Chiefs!!!

Justin5772002
04-13-2013, 09:56 AM
I know Lance Briggs cousin. (A close personal cousin who get flown out to Chicago all the time to watch the bears play). ANYWAY he says Lance says Urlacher is hurt and is retireing