PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs sign Devito

MissingTBone
03-12-2013, 09:10 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/12/4096344/mike-devito-chiefs-contract

Looks like another solid signing! So happy to see us go after and get some players!

MissingTBone
03-12-2013, 09:15 PM
And omg, quit going to Pioli about Chiefs updates! Dude did nothing good for our team. I don't think we're the only ones who realize how crappy a job he did with us. He's far from an expert on KC in my opinion.

rodu
03-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Is he an end or a nose?

jap1
03-12-2013, 10:59 PM
I believe he played DE in New York. He is supposedly a really good run stuffer and opens good lanes for blitzing LBs.

texaschief
03-12-2013, 11:34 PM
This is why Glenn Dorsey won't be re-signed. They're practically the same player. He'll probably play 3-4 DE but can also lineup at 4-3 DT when needed.

FranciscoD'anconia
03-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Is he an end or a nose?

I believe I read that he played end 60% and nose 40%. Probably end on running downs and DT on passing downs, I'd assume. Seems like more of a run guy though, so I doubt you'll see him much at nose. The scouting report was "He's hard to play against." Stats don't seem much different than Dorsey's, but what I like is the part about "He's hard to play against." That rubs off on the guys next to him. Reid's first big signing in Philly was Jon Runyan, who was a mean/nasty SOB. Rubbed off on the rest of the line. All of a sudden Tra Thomas went from being a bust to an all pro.

Coach
03-13-2013, 06:56 AM
This is why Glenn Dorsey won't be re-signed. They're practically the same player. He'll probably play 3-4 DE but can also lineup at 4-3 DT when needed.
Never heard a whiff about signing this guy till today. My guess is that they offered Dorsey the same deal they were prepared to offer Devito. They probably gave him a deadline of yesterday at 3:30 to sign it and he elected to pursue free agency. So the Chiefs gave Devito Glenn's contract.

I agree that the chances of Dorsey remaining a Chief now sit slightly above 0%. We are just about out of cap space.

Chiefster
03-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Never heard a whiff about signing this guy till today. My guess is that they offered Dorsey the same deal they were prepared to offer Devito. They probably gave him a deadline of yesterday at 3:30 to sign it and he elected to pursue free agency. So the Chiefs gave Devito Glenn's contract.

I agree that the chances of Dorsey remaining a Chief now sit slightly above 0%. We are just about out of cap space.

I have no clue as to this guy's skill set, how does he compare to Dorsey?

FranciscoD'anconia
03-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Comparatively productive, but instead of being an underachieving high draft pick he's an over achieving undrafted guy. Great against the run. Versatile. Leader in the locker room. Plays mean. Comparable numbers to Dorsey.

Chiefster
03-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Comparatively productive, but instead of being an underachieving high draft pick he's an over achieving undrafted guy. Great against the run. Versatile. Leader in the locker room. Plays mean. Comparable numbers to Dorsey.

Cool! Thanks for the info! :smile

jb908
03-13-2013, 12:28 PM
I live around all Jets fans and they are unhappy they let him go. That has to mean good things.

AkChief49
03-13-2013, 05:59 PM
I believe I read that he played end 60% and nose 40%. Probably end on running downs and DT on passing downs, I'd assume. Seems like more of a run guy though, so I doubt you'll see him much at nose. The scouting report was "He's hard to play against." Stats don't seem much different than Dorsey's, but what I like is the part about "He's hard to play against." That rubs off on the guys next to him. Reid's first big signing in Philly was Jon Runyan, who was a mean/nasty SOB. Rubbed off on the rest of the line. All of a sudden Tra Thomas went from being a bust to an all pro.
I have read that this move was a good sign for Poe. I like it.

drstandley31
03-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Exactly!!!!!!!! Bye Dorsey! Got Heart! He'll be a welcomed addition.