03-14-2013, 10:49 AM
By releasing him. He is now gone.

raiderhater79
03-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Message for Cassel..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3MJYF6S4zQ

jason1981
03-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Fiinnnnnaaaaaaaaallllllyyyyyyyyy the nightmare is over.

Seek
03-14-2013, 12:52 PM
I still don't think he was the problem. He was coached into a hole that he may some day over come. I would have liked to keep him as a back up as long as it is under a different contract. Still would.

Chiefster
03-14-2013, 12:54 PM
I still don't think he was the problem. He was coached into a hole that he may some day over come. I would have liked to keep him as a back up as long as it is under a different contract. Still would.

I agree, I feel like he had almost the exact same situation here that Alex Smith had in his first six years in San Fransisco.

Lord-Chiefy
03-14-2013, 09:55 PM
He got screwed!!!@

matthewschiefs
03-14-2013, 09:57 PM

He wasn't THE problem but he was a part of the problem. He got way to much hate from our fan base then he should have as I said all year. I don't have anything against him but I think this was a move that had to be made.

ctchiefsfan
03-18-2013, 03:09 AM
I supported Cassel longer than many, but last season was it for me. Bye Matt.....don't let the door hit you in the ash on the way out.

drstandley31
03-18-2013, 03:09 PM
I don't think he was a very good QB, but I do think he was better than what we saw, and the rotten coaching we've had the past several years made it impossible. I hope he does well, but I'm also glad he's gone. Let's just get a new start to everything.

Chiefster
03-18-2013, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't have been upset if they really had restructured his contract and made him the backup much like they did Dave Krieg when Montana came to town.

AkChief49
03-18-2013, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't have been upset if they really had restructured his contract and made him the backup much like they did Dave Krieg when Montana came to town.

I realize Krieg came from Seattle but what is the deal with QB's from San Fran? It seems we like them..... a lot.

Bike
03-19-2013, 04:20 PM
I realize Krieg came from Seattle but what is the deal with QB's from San Fran? It seems we like them..... a lot.
They're just better at drafting QB's than we are. So they use them up until they draft somebody better, then we get 'em.

Chiefster
03-19-2013, 04:47 PM

Well, possibly their thinking is that if they're going to run the West Coast offense Ried plans on and a solid QB from San Fransisco becomes available than that's were you go to pick one up.