PDA

View Full Version : Salary Cap

jap1
03-18-2013, 04:07 PM
According to ESPN, we have about 5mil left in Salary Cap space. That gives us just enough to sign our rookies. I am not sure if that number includes Albert since it was posted before he signed his tender. We are likely done with signing free agents. There were a couple more people I was hoping to see us sign for depth, but not likely anymore.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/56235/salary-cap-update

Chiefster
03-18-2013, 06:18 PM
It is what it is. I've been very happy, thus far, with our FA acquisitions.

texaschief
03-18-2013, 07:20 PM
I guarantee you 100% we're NOT done with free agency. Not sure who's doing the numbers or how the math works, but there's at least 1 if not 2 impact players left on our docket. That's as far as I'll go.

brdempsey69
03-18-2013, 07:36 PM
I guarantee you 100% we're NOT done with free agency. Not sure who's doing the numbers or how the math works, but there's at least 1 if not 2 impact players left on our docket. That's as far as I'll go.

Fascinating. I wonder what positions those are. ILB or D-Lineman perhaps?

texaschief
03-18-2013, 07:44 PM
offense

brdempsey69
03-18-2013, 07:56 PM
offense

I'll take a guess. RB or Fullback.

Coach
03-18-2013, 08:05 PM
We may sign a few guys off the street, but no big names. We don't have the cap space unless we trade away a player like Albert or Hali.

jap1
03-18-2013, 08:50 PM
offense

The only players I really see as "impact" that are still available would be on OL (RT or G). There are some WRs available that are decent also. As far as the $$$, maybe they are going to restructure some of Hali's contract and move it to guaranteed money next year. He is scheduled to make 12 mil this year and next year I think 6 mil. Ether that or ESPNs numbers are wrong.

texaschief
03-19-2013, 03:11 PM
We may sign a few guys off the street, but no big names. We don't have the cap space unless we trade away a player like Albert or Hali.

Chiefster
03-19-2013, 05:10 PM

We may well try to trade Albert.

FranciscoD'anconia
03-19-2013, 05:28 PM
According to ESPN, we have about 5mil left in Salary Cap space. That gives us just enough to sign our rookies. I am not sure if that number includes Albert since it was posted before he signed his tender. We are likely done with signing free agents. There were a couple more people I was hoping to see us sign for depth, but not likely anymore.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/56235/salary-cap-update

Yeah, that should include Albert. The thing is, if he signs a long term deal, that number will go up by another $5 or $6 million. Probably need $6 million to sign rookies, so something is going to have to be done to clear at least another million or so. Another thing to clear cap space is that Tamba Hali has a base salary of $12 million this year, but only $6 million each of the next couple years. You could easily restructure him to take a chunk of that as a signing bonus that gets prorated and that would free up money this year without really upsetting the balance next year because of the way it's currently out of whack. So figure the Chiefs could realistically spend another $4 or $5 million on veterans if they want, and still sign rookies - assuming Albert signs long term or Hali restructures if Albert doesn't.

Seek
03-21-2013, 08:24 AM
I don't think the Chiefs have any intentions of signing Albert to a long term deal.

I would like to see another ILB. EVen Before the murder Belcher took his own life. We were needing an upgrade over him. Will Brandon Siler didn't do to bad. We still need to look at a more consistent starter.