PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs making a little national news...

Bike
03-28-2013, 05:28 PM
For touting Geno Smith. Yahoo Sports, for instance, say Dorsey and Co. are trying to pull a fast one by hyping up the West Virginia prodigy to trade up in the draft...This is too stupid. All Dorsey and Reid are doing is shopping their number 1 pick to anyone who will listen. There is no "fast one" being pulled here - as any NFL CEO will testify to. The press these days cracks me up.

Chiefster
03-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Linky???

MissingTBone
03-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Yeah, they'd be stupid to not do that. Firstly explore all options that can be taken at numbe 1, and keep everyone guessing. Even Indy brought RG3 in last year to check him out.

Bike
03-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Linky???Not sure how to do that.

Chiefster
03-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Not sure how to do that.

:lol: Copy and paste my friend, copy and paste. :D

Seek
03-29-2013, 07:53 AM
The Chiefs could very well do a San Diego/Eli Manning type of draft. A team is dead sure the Chiefs wont take him. Stand pat and wait for him to fall down a bit. The could draft him and then trade him before a team like Arizona picks.

Then really they could just keep him. Alex Smiths contract is up in two years. What if Alex gets hurt or is the next Matt Cassel. It would not hurt to have Geno sitting there to take over in two years. Granted I would rather use that pick on an immediate starter, but the Chiefs could realistically do that.

drstandley31
03-29-2013, 03:01 PM
The Chiefs could very well do a San Diego/Eli Manning type of draft. A team is dead sure the Chiefs wont take him. Stand pat and wait for him to fall down a bit. The could draft him and then trade him before a team like Arizona picks.

That was my thought, although we'd probably miss out on a potentially great RT. I love the poker game these guys are playing. Could you imagine how stupid this would all be if Pioli and Romeo were still running the show.